Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast
    Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

im thinking about joining ttg myself the 5 and a half day is cheap no enterance fee and can monthly direct debit ,looks a goer

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by Chris32 View Post
    I am a member, can get you a game when I am free. Its a nice track
    Thanks I may have to take you up on that. Just shoot me a PM when your free. I think that will be the hard part, co-ordinating a time.

I started playing golf at TTG. I was a junior member there for many years and have often thought about playing there once again when I'm back in Adelaide.
    I always thought it was a nice track to learn golf on. Not a hole where you can get away with a sprayed drive.

Amazing to hear there are no entrance fees for mid-week membership. There was a time when that was a long waiting list.
    Think my name should still be on the hole-in-one board! My grandfather's too!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

They have changed things a bit over the years Greeny. The 3rd, which was a Par 5 is now a 205m par 3 due to the number of complaints from the houses being hit. They have taken quite a few tree's out too around the place. They also changed the 7th so instead of going straight it now is a dogleg left with bunkers and wasteland on the apex, making it quite a tough little hole.

How long ago where you there? I have been a member since 2006 but messed around a bit with my mate Jamie who worked in the proshop as a junior (around 1996-1999)
    Handicaped

G10 9* / G10 17* / Idea Pro / MP-60/MP-32 / 588's / Rossie 2

www.jcgolf.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by ///M Power View Post
    Thanks I may have to take you up on that. Just shoot me a PM when your free. I think that will be the hard part, co-ordinating a time.
    Should be able to sort something out over the next few months. There are a few guys that want a game, so I'll try and organise something
    Handicaped

www.jcgolf.com.au

hi chris

put me down for a game at ttg ,would like to play it first before deciding to get a membership ,cheers

Played Blackwood for the first time today. To me it seems like a course where there is a decent risk/reward. Some of the dogleg holes invite you to smash a drive over the trees but you are taking a hell of a risk. I liked the atmosphere up there, a little more laid back than Riverside, the bloke in the pro shop even gave me a cheap round. Met some top blokes who I played the back 9 with. The back 9 is very picturesque. Some really nice views standing on some of the tee boxes. I will be back, the only problem is it is so far away from where I live.

Senior Member Major Winner

#85 posts and only 1 mention of Mount Gambier and no mentions of Naracoorte or Millicent????? This aint no true SA thread!!

But seriously, they may be country courses but they are by far some of the most impressive around. Naracoorte is pristine all year round, Mt Gambier has come back greatly in the last 12 months due to a new curator and its been a few years now since I've played Millicent but everyone continues to rave about it.

Look alive boys!!!
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    #85 posts and only 1 mention of Mount Gambier and no mentions of Naracoorte or Millicent????? This aint no true SA thread!!

But seriously, they may be country courses but they are by far some of the most impressive around. Naracoorte is pristine all year round, Mt Gambier has come back greatly in the last 12 months due to a new curator and its been a few years now since I've played Millicent but everyone continues to rave about it.

Look alive boys!!!
    Pretty harsh Lefty, but probably fair. Should have probably mentioned the South-East courses a bit more. Naracoorte is a good track, and I seem to play okay there which is nice. I also really like Kingston down that way. They have done a lot of work on it over the last few years and it is coming up so well. A great mix of holes. Unfortunately, for some reason I don't seem to ever play well there.

I also played Blackwood for the first time last weekend, and I thought it was fabulous. Great holes, nice fairways and good quick greens. On a weekend where we also played Mt Lofty and Highercombe Blackwood was two classes above. If the current membership rates hold, and they continue to not have a joining fee I can see myself joing there later in the year.

As always, check out the sagolfadventure site for reviews and blogs.

played balaklava on friday the 28th may ,this is a fully grassed course ,it used to be scrapes and so the greens are smallish but there are no bunkers so the small greens make up for that ,the condition of the course was amazing and the greens were in brilliant condition with subtle breaks ,bumped into a greenkeeper whilst out there and he told me the entire course is run by volunteers and they are looking at putting in some bunkers shortly ,

2 of the par 5 holes are nudging 500 m and one par 3 that was a tad under 200 m .the conditions i played in were very gusty and spitting rain but enjoyed it ,im not overly a big hitter which made the course even longer . its 20 bucks a round and worth the drive i will be going again for sure

They have changed things a bit over the years Greeny. The 3rd, which was a Par 5 is now a 205m par 3 due to the number of complaints from the houses being hit. They have taken quite a few tree's out too around the place. They also changed the 7th so instead of going straight it now is a dogleg left with bunkers and wasteland on the apex, making it quite a tough little hole.

How long ago where you there? I have been a member since 2006 but messed around a bit with my mate Jamie who worked in the proshop as a junior (around 1996-1999)
    Few years ago now. Think I was still a member then. Probably stopped around 1998 I think. Started in 1986. Jamie rings a bell. Last name?
    So many good memories. I'd heard about the 3rd! Amazing. Love to see it sometime. It was a good par-5 previously but no doubt a lot went over the fence on the right.
    And the 7th changed too?! I didn't know that. Must get out there.

I remember chatting to my Grandad about the older design. Think the 15th (over water to green) used to then go to the current 18th, or something like that. Always fascinated me the way the course changed over the years.
    The 13th/14th was one long par 5 at one point. Before that it was split like it is now!

Jamie Clutterham, he worked in the shop with Troy Lane and Allan Telford. Telf has moved on, runs a golf shop near Kooyonga selling and servicing buggies etc. Jamie is now the Pro at Renmark after a stint at Coolangatta - Tweed. Would have to catch up for a round sometime Greeny.

I know the 18th used to be a Par 3, as we played it as a Par 3 a while back while they were doing some work installing a new bore pump around the 18th tee block. All they had to do was mow the old tee block which was over near the 9th fairway and they had a solid 185m par 3! The new 3rd is a bit of a sticking point with the older guys, as they all need driver to reach it, and it brings the 5th green within reach of a wayward tee shot. It is one of the hardest holes on the course, with a big 3 tiered green and bunkers both sides.

Heard about the 13th/14th being a long par 5, I'd imagine all the housing has changed the course allot over the years! Anyhow, will have to have a round some day
    Handicaped

www.jcgolf.com.au

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by mardo10 View Post
    played balaklava on friday the 28th may ,this is a fully grassed course ,it used to be scrapes and so the greens are smallish but there are no bunkers so the small greens make up for that ,the condition of the course was amazing and the greens were in brilliant condition with subtle breaks ,bumped into a greenkeeper whilst out there and he told me the entire course is run by volunteers and they are looking at putting in some bunkers shortly ,

2 of the par 5 holes are nudging 500 m and one par 3 that was a tad under 200 m .the conditions i played in were very gusty and spitting rain but enjoyed it ,im not overly a big hitter which made the course even longer . its 20 bucks a round and worth the drive i will be going again for sure
    Not a bad course at all Mardo hidden away out there sort of in the middle of nowhere. And yes it is in good nic considering its cared for by a hand full of volunteers. Its only about 400 a year too .
    Would be a good spot for an Ozgolf day. Let Us know when you go again mate ill be up for it if the timings right.
    Everyone brings happiness to my house,
    Some when they arrive and some when they leave.

hey daggs ,im happy to play there again ,i have fridays off so if you can do it on a friday let me know

cheers

Will do

Matt and I hit the peninsula on the long weekend and knocked off most of the lower courses, being Stansbury, Wool Bay, Warooka, Yorketown, Edithburgh, Minlaton and Curramulka. Some pretty nice tracks in there too, and a lot of diversity.

The pick has to be Edithburgh though I think, especially the last four holes. 6 and 7 adjacent to the ocean and then 8 and 9 good holes back to the clubhouse. Probably the only course in SA where the ocean is in play too. Great tee shot on the 7th which everyone has to do at least once.

Unfortunately I lost my camera and fingers crossed it's in the Wool Bay clubhouse and they'll contact me. Took some photos with the phone so hopefully i'll be able to upload them at some point.

Check out the blogs and reviews at the website below.

Tony

Thats a lot of golf Cliff although you only have to play nine at most to get the drift. Your dead lucky it rained down there a fortnight ago as they were all bare till then.

I was working at Stansbury last week and they mowed for the first time on Thursday not bad cover in two weeks.
    Edithburgh is not bad at all. Warooka is fairly tight can be a bit dangerous on a busy day.

Dont forget to give us a holler when you play the top end mate.

Hi Daggs,

Yeah mate, it was a pretty full on three days. We always play the full 18 holes because as you know the tees and scrapes are sometimes different. By the end of it we had prety much got used to the scrapes and both shot low-mid 70's at Curramulka. Pretty easy track at the moment though as it's rock hard so you get heaps of run. On the only par 5 on the course Matt went driver, 9-iron.
    I'd seen that you guys have had a bit of rain over the last month so I was hoping that the courses would be in okay nick, and they were pretty reasonable we thought.

Will definately let you know when we're up the Northern end, probably not until next year though. Next big trip is the Eyre Peninsula for 6 days in July. Looking forward to it, maybe 15 courses in that time...

Tony

Spot on Tony, those last 4 holes at Edithburgh are awesome!! 6 is a very intimidating tee shot esp if you have cars coming towards you lol.... 7 I reckon would have to be one of the most picturesque holes I have seen. Especially on a stormy day when the see is crashing against the rocks right in front of you....

I would love to play that 7th with a big South Westerly blowing. Would be into your face and pushing your ball out to sea as well. Now that would be intimidating. I'm pretty prepared to say that it's probably my favourite hole in the state at the moment, even with a turf mat and a scrape.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Echunga? I love it but back 9 like the somme at the moment hit off the 18th and pluged my ball 3/4's into the green,

Love to see these pics of Edithburgh. Don;t know the course at all. Post 'em when you can!

Anyone played Robe? Heading down there next month and not sure if its worth packing the bats.

If my other half will let me pack them is another question anyway
    Handicaped

www.jcgolf.com.au

Anyone played Robe? Heading down there next month and not sure if its worth packing the bats.

If my other half will let me pack them is another question anyway
    Hey Chris,

Have played it, and was actually down there on the weekend (but didn't have a hit). Interesting course, 14 holes. Wasn't bad when we played and looks in good condition at the moment. I'd take the sticks and try and have a hit. Greens look pretty good.

Tony

Anyone played McCracken lately?

Going down for a hit on Saturday, have not been there in years!

Thread Information