Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    Played Mt Osmond today twilight 9 hole comp. Had 22 points. Pretty happy with how I played and nailed the NTP on the 13th then missed the 5 footer. Also hit a great shot on the par 3 11th to 6 feet and made the putt for birdie.

As far as the course goes it's a very picturesque course with stunning views of the city. Condition was mixed in parts but mostly very good with all greens in good condition. The course is so close to my place that I would like to join but Blackwood is probably a bit nicer although different(and another 20 minutes away). Tough decisions coming up. The members there made me feel very welcome as well. Overall a very nice club.
    What is it with you and NTP's Flavzz!!!, well done though... What are the pros/cons of both clubs?? Y Blackwood over Mt Osmond??

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamo84 View Post
    What is it with you and NTP's Flavzz!!!, well done though... What are the pros/cons of both clubs?? Y Blackwood over Mt Osmond??
    Haha yeah I get lucky with them every now and then Hamo. I didn't end up winning this one(BS man!!) but I did get 3rd place overall and a voucher

Osmond is only 10 min from my place. Blackwood is closer to 30 other than that I would love to join Blackwood but Osmond is such an advantage for practicing and convenience. Tough decisions coming up...
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Cliff View Post
    Was in very good condition a few weeks ago when I played it. Absolutely love the first hole, an absolute cracker. Tough, long and with water hazards. Brilliant I think. Let us know how you find it.

In relation to the Pat, never used to be an issue when I was in uni a few years ago, but obviously is now. Still used to be slow though most of the time. Longest round I've ever played was there, 5 and a quarter hours I think it was.
    I played the front 9 a couple of weeks ago. The fairways are lush but the greens have been over watered & are suffering as a result. Diseased & lumpy...not a true roll all day. I love Chungi but the greens are as bad as I can ever recall them. Didn't even bother to go round the back.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Flavzz,

from what I've heard Mt Osmond is marginal/no go playing through winter. Blackwood, whilst obviously bloody cold is generally playable all year, something to consider if that makes a difference to you.
    "Golf makes different creatures of us all, some worse, some better, but all enthusiastic" Evening Journal, 1897.

Quote Originally Posted by timinsa View Post
    I played the front 9 a couple of weeks ago. The fairways are lush but the greens have been over watered & are suffering as a result. Diseased & lumpy...not a true roll all day. I love Chungi but the greens are as bad as I can ever recall them. Didn't even bother to go round the back.
    that's interesting mate I played the back 9 and greens were quite good. Some were excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    Flavzz,

from what I've heard Mt Osmond is marginal/no go playing through winter. Blackwood, whilst obviously bloody cold is generally playable all year, something to consider if that makes a difference to you.
    thanks for the advice. One of the members gave me a spill on how they have put in all new drainage to improve the winter play but only time will tell if it works or not.
    WITB

maybe have a look this weekend Flavzz, with tht rain we had today and are likely to get tonight. Would at least give some indication as to how Osmond will hold up

Ozzie will suck this lot up at this time of year. I was a member there last year. It's when it gets cooler & the clouds sit on the hill top that the wetness really becomes an issue & it's not just on 9 & 15. They were the worst affected holes in need of urgent attention.. Once the whole course gets sodden in winter there's just nowhere for all the water to go. Wait until May to make your decision.

Yeah fair enough sounds like Os has it's problems with water. Thinking I might try Blackwoods 3 month trial membership.
    WITB

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Heading up to play Echunga on Sunday. I've been told that the course in in good nic...i'll let you know what it's like.
    Hopefully we don't get the predicted showers here over the w/end.
    Did you get on? It was the Echunga Open today.

Played the front 9 at Waikerie today with my mate. Not in bad nick, fairly green allround but the course was very soft due to 12ml of rain overnight. Front 9 plays bloody long tho esp in soft conditions, there must have been 3 par 4's playing close or over 400m. Greens have been sanded but still in good condition and would be bloody fast in the dry weather. An enjoyable day tho..
    WITB

Quote Originally Posted by timinsa View Post
    Did you get on? It was the Echunga Open today.
    Yeah, we played Echunga on Sunday for the Open Day. Had a shocking day out!!
    I thought the greens were ok. Just tough pin placements.

Played the front 9 at Waikerie today with my mate. Not in bad nick, fairly green allround but the course was very soft due to 12ml of rain overnight. Front 9 plays bloody long tho esp in soft conditions, there must have been 3 par 4's playing close or over 400m. Greens have been sanded but still in good condition and would be bloody fast in the dry weather. An enjoyable day tho..
    That front 9 is mega isn't it. It just seems like every par 4 is long and tough. But then you go to the back and i don't think there's one over about 350, 360. I love the Waikerie course though, probably my favourite in the Riverland I think. Don't ever seem to play it well though

Few more SA faces on here now, there is a round being organised for the 28th of March at the Pat, see 1st tee post for details

Chris
    Handicaped

G10 9* / G10 17* / Idea Pro / MP-60/MP-32 / 588's / Rossie 2

www.jcgolf.com.au

That front 9 is mega isn't it. It just seems like every par 4 is long and tough. But then you go to the back and i don't think there's one over about 350, 360. I love the Waikerie course though, probably my favourite in the Riverland I think. Don't ever seem to play it well though
    Absolutely. Windy and soft conditions made it hard to hit some of the log par 4s in 2. Was still very enjoyable tho and the par 3 7th with the two malee trees right in front was a real unique Murray river style touch. Pity we didn't have time to play the back nine. Next time.
    WITB

Managed to get on Kooyonga yesterday thanks to a handy dandy voucher. Wow, are there some bunkers there! Managed to find them on all of the first four holes but recovered well enough at that point. Fell away after that a bit but it was nice to play a course like Kooyonga because I haven't before. Good true greens that were nice and hard. Great fairways as you'd expect. We've got a full review on our site.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

FC, I noticed that Nullarbor Links isn't on your list. Shouldn't you play a few holes of that?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    FC, I noticed that Nullarbor Links isn't on your list. Shouldn't you play a few holes of that?
    Hey Andy,

It most certianly should be on the list and we're in the process of adding it now. We've claimed it as a South Australian course so we're playing the whole thing, and we plan on making it the last course we play as a fitting way to end our mission.

Cheers,

Tony

Managed to get on Kooyonga yesterday thanks to a handy dandy voucher. Wow, are there some bunkers there! Managed to find them on all of the first four holes but recovered well enough at that point. Fell away after that a bit but it was nice to play a course like Kooyonga because I haven't before. Good true greens that were nice and hard. Great fairways as you'd expect. We've got a full review on our site.
    wow nice work mate, how did u get onto Kooyonga with a voucher? Always wanted to play there. Any info on how to get on there would be great, cheers
    WITB

wow nice work mate, how did u get onto Kooyonga with a voucher? Always wanted to play there. Any info on how to get on there would be great, cheers
    Matt (from the SA golf site) managed to get a hold of the voucher through someone he knows. From what I understand it was a charity type deal and was only valid until the end of March so we had to get on it pretty quick. I'm not sure if that kind of thing is done very often, but if I hear of it happening again I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Fair enough mate, cheers
    WITB

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Was talking with a couple of guys who just recently played at Murray Bridge and recon its an absolute GEM at the moment, couldn't rate it highly enough.

Have any of you guys played it at all of late or heard any thing from there, maybe worth the trip by the sounds of it.
    Everyone brings happiness to my house,
    Some when they arrive and some when they leave.

I haven't played it lately but it was in good condition when I did. I've got a friend living in Murray Bridge so if I am up that way in the near future I will drive past and have a look. With the rains though, and the water from the River it should be in good condition and would presumably stay that way over the winter months. Nice tight little course with a few water hazards and plenty of trees.

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Played Riverside today for the 1st time. I was very impressed. Less impressed with the amount of bloody bunkers!!! Gahhhhhhh!

It is a very nicely laid out course and seems to be maintained very well.

I like how some holes are a bit shorter but the greens and landing areas for your drives are very well protected by either bunkers or that little dam. It rewards accurate shots. Most impressive.

Does anyone know what the situation is with Tea Tree Gully GC and playing as a non member? I had a wedding there last month and was super impressed, would love to get on and maybe even join up.

I am a member, can get you a game when I am free. Its a nice track
    Handicaped

G10 9* / G10 17* / Idea Pro / MP-60/MP-32 / 588's / Rossie 2

www.jcgolf.com.au

I used to be a member at Riverside and its a great course, short but like you said rewards accuracy and precise strategy. Would love to get back on there now my golf if has reached somewhat higher levels.

Just played TTG last week and was very impressed with overall conditions and layout. Tee up a game with Chris and he will show you the ropes. My mates just joined up there and said its about 1200 for 6 days which is awesome value. Snobby old members tho, no offense chris...lol
    WITB

Thread Information