Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    Easy 1 tank with some to spare.
    So when are you thinking of this taking place?

BTW: the course is the only one where I've been in to the 'Pro Shop' to pay the money where upon exiting you look around you and think 'where's the course' as you cannot see it!

Senior Member Major Winner

I'm interested in a return trip as I've only played it once.
    It has quite a few good holes but I'm not a fan of some of the greens. Particularly the silly double green with the bunker in the middle of it and it's not the bunker I think is silly.
    Yes, a few of us went over for their Open a couple of years ago and man were those greens sneaky slick but rolled so true.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Hi guys,

I have a week sitting by Marion pool for daughters swimming Sun 14th-Fri 20th. Staying in Nth Glenelg. Driving over from Wollongong.

I am squeezing the carry bag in and would like to squeeze in a game, even a comp game if I can wrangle it. I have previously play Glenelg in 2004 and RA in 2014, both of which I loved with the fancy orange bunkers 😃 Those and the other topliners are all $200+ online. Any others around my digs worth playing and not so exxy? Can I get a comp game on any for a better rate? Probably need to play somewhat close as I'll uber out and leave car with wife and kids.

Best times to play around swims are Monday after lunch, Tues/Wed/Thurs at Sparrow. Any ideas or assistance appreciated.

Buff

Quote Originally Posted by Diamonds View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a week sitting by Marion pool for daughters swimming Sun 14th-Fri 20th. Staying in Nth Glenelg. Driving over from Wollongong.

I am squeezing the carry bag in and would like to squeeze in a game, even a comp game if I can wrangle it. I have previously play Glenelg in 2004 and RA in 2014, both of which I loved with the fancy orange bunkers  Those and the other topliners are all $200+ online. Any others around my digs worth playing and not so exxy? Can I get a comp game on any for a better rate? Probably need to play somewhat close as I'll uber out and leave car with wife and kids.

Best times to play around swims are Monday after lunch, Tues/Wed/Thurs at Sparrow. Any ideas or assistance appreciated.

Buff
    Buff: Mount Compass is a must play, about 30 mins drive from where your staying up the big Willunga Hill. They normally have this weekly comp where they take score cards over 4 days and work out the winner etc.

A round there will set you back about $55 from memory

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Buff: Mount Compass is a must play, about 30 mins drive from where your staying up the big Willunga Hill. They normally have this weekly comp where they take score cards over 4 days and work out the winner etc.A round there will set you back about $55 from memory
    Thanks. Wasn't sure if the Mt Compass praise was real or a piss take. The only setback with this option is having the car most of the day.

Thanks. Wasn't sure if the Mt Compass praise was real or a piss take. The only setback with this option is having the car most of the day.
    Its now being put in the Australia Top 100 (Australia Golf Digest) so im not sure if you could consider that a piss take. Although the greens did start to grow Mushrooms at one point!

Other than that if you want something super close by perhaps a round at Ocean Shores (Westward Ho), the pro shop is run by Pete Ormsby, who is Wade's father. The course is reasonably good for a public access track.

The Vines is a well conditioned track and will probably let you on as a guest. Nice members

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Best times to play around swims are Monday after lunch.........
    Buff
    Happy to take you to RA after lunch, Monday 15th, guest fee is $90. pm me your details if interested
    "Golf makes different creatures of us all, some worse, some better, but all enthusiastic" Evening Journal, 1897.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Buff: Mount Compass is a must play, about 30 mins drive from where your staying up the big Willunga Hill. They normally have this weekly comp where they take score cards over 4 days and work out the winner etc.

A round there will set you back about $55 from memory
    30mins is generous from N Glenelg - its more like 50mins

Its now being put in the Australia Top 100 (Australia Golf Digest) so im not sure if you could consider that a piss take. Although the greens did start to grow Mushrooms at one point!Other than that if you want something super close by perhaps a round at Ocean Shores (Westward Ho), the pro shop is run by Pete Ormsby, who is Wade's father. The course is reasonably good for a public access track.The Vines is a well conditioned track and will probably let you on as a guest. Nice members
    Thanks TC. Will look into those. Can't pass up Marcels offer, but may get another hit later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    Happy to take you to RA after lunch, Monday 15th, guest fee is $90. pm me your details if interested
    Legend! Message sent. Thanks

Thanks C. Will look into those. Can't pass up Marcela offer, but may get another hit later in the week.
    He is great company on the golf course, enjoy!

He is great company on the golf course, enjoy!
    Looking forward to it. I just looked at the Vines. I am staying right near there the night before I collect the family from the airport, so might try and squeeze 9 in there Friday arvo if I get there early enough. Thanks for the help.

I feel the need to publicly out Marcel as a ripper host and the straightest driver of the golf ball since Greg Norman. Had a super day with him at RA. Thanks again mate.

I feel the need to publicly out Marcel as a ripper host and the straightest driver of the golf ball since Greg Norman. Had a super day with him at RA. Thanks again mate.
    Cheers Diamonds,

Beautiful afternoon/evening on the links and verandah, look forward to meeting up again
    "Golf makes different creatures of us all, some worse, some better, but all enthusiastic" Evening Journal, 1897.

Played Grange East this morning. 4 and 5 into a stiff breeze was stressful for a bloke struggling to square the clubface early. I liked 9, 14 and 18. Skipped 16 and 17 as I was running late for something. Massive greens and bunkers. Almost amusement park in places. Enjoyable enough and in good knick. I think I liked Glenelg a touch better, but I played that pre-reno. I think the other Grange course is their better one???? 36 holes would be a big plus, so would make membership choice here interesting to weigh up assuming the intro itself wasnt an issue.

Played Grange East this morning. 4 and 5 into a stiff breeze was stressful for a bloke struggling to square the clubface early. I liked 9, 14 and 18. Skipped 16 and 17 as I was running late for something. Massive greens and bunkers. Almost amusement park in places. Enjoyable enough and in good knick. I think I liked Glenelg a touch better, but I played that pre-reno. I think the other Grange course is their better one???? 36 holes would be a big plus, so would make membership choice here interesting to weigh up assuming the intro itself wasnt an issue.
    Diamonds: Grange West is considerably better than East. You can easily join Grange at the moment. However due to that it is extremely busy

Played Mount Compass GC again this morning and glad to report that despite the long dry summer it is still in superb condition. The fairways are still green and quite lush, greens consistent all the way round and VERY quick, sure they were the quickest I have ever seen them!

Only negative is the bunkers are still very inconsistent, some are like concrete, some very fine/loose sand whilst a few could actually benefit from having some sand in them! Don't misinterpret that as being a biggie tho, enjoyed it as usual and would happily play there anytime - well unless it's raining or blowing a gale

57456851_10215581970116526_7036693629708009472_o.jpg
    Last edited by nadg63; 19th April 2019 at 05:16 PM.

Just about to play Loxton tomorrow. Always in great shape, expecting the same tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by nadg63 View Post
    Played Mount Compass GC again this morning and glad to report that despite the long dry summer it is still in superb condition. The fairways are still green and quite lush, greens consistent all the way round and VERY quick, sure they were the quickest I have ever seen them!

Only negative is the bunkers are still very inconsistent, some are like concrete, some very fine/loose sand whilst a few could actually benefit from having some sand in them! Don't misinterpret that as being a biggie tho, enjoyed it as usual and would happily play there anytime - well unless it's raining or blowing a gale

Attachment 49536
    I love it when they grow those whispy yum gums. When we played with Andy they were like 5/6 ft tall

Really looking forward now to next week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love it when they grow those whispy yum gums. When we played with Andy they were like 5/6 ft tall

Really looking forward now to next week

They still are that tall - never known them so big. And yes, they still have a craving for scoffing golf balls!

What the hell are yum "gums"?

They are referred locally as "yum yums" because they tend to eat or consume golf balls.

It’s called predictive text turbo

It's called "edit", turbo.

Sent from my iscrotum using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Played Blackwood yesterday. Superb nick. Greens running 12 on the stimpmeter but very true and a pleasure to putt on. Played in a Ryder Cup style format as part of an 'Aussie Team' against an Irish Team'. Three groups of four. My partner and I won 3 zip. The Irish won one 2 and 1 and the last group squared so overall win to the Aussies. Great day.

Loxton looking and playing great today. They’re running the greens a bit quicker now that the heat is coming down. Greens are superb.

Looking forward to the Open in July!

Thread Information