Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    cheers mate, I am yet to play Flaggy, Lofty or Osmond but I agree Blackwood is a very nice course. Yearly rates are reasonable for a quality private course. Apparently with Blackwood you also get 6 rounds per year at Riverside/TTGully and a couple other local affiliated courses so its actually really good value and variety..
    Flavzz, Yes you are correct in saying this. It's called Club Advantage. It's 6 clubs that each offer 3 games per year at an alternative club.

1- Blackwood
    2- Flagstaff Hill
    3- Mt Osmond
    4- Riverside
    5- Tea Tree Gully
    6- The Vines

So if you joined Blackwood you would actually get 15 free games per year at the 5 other courses which is pretty awesome value!!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

yeah that is awesome, anyone a member of blackwood? Dont want to play by myself everyday..
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Member Teaching Pro

Flavzz, Blackwood is a very friendly club, great atmosphere. They will make you feel very welcome.

Lol, Daggs they are hard to find in this here town. Maybe I'll just join ardrossan for $200 a year
    If you want some scrapes Two Wells isn't all that far away...

cheers oobs,

Also I see that Blackwood has the $35 special (normally $55) but only until Sunday, anyone keen to play there Sunday? I might ring up today and check out if we could get a group in some time in the arvo...
    WITB

Member Teaching Pro

Im doing a tiling course at the WEA all weekend. Shame to pass up a round of golf 10 mins from home.

weak oobs next time
    WITB

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Cliff View Post
    If you want some scrapes Two Wells isn't all that far away...
    Are you in that area Cliff?
    Ive heard its not a bad course are they watering the fairways?
    I should imagine its fairly flat though!
    Everyone brings happiness to my house,
    Some when they arrive and some when they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by oobsadd2 View Post
    Im doing a tiling course at the WEA all weekend. Shame to pass up a round of golf 10 mins from home.
    Mate the builders out here are screaming for tilers ive thought about it myself gota be better than gyprockin...gettin to old for that shit.

Daggs,

Nah mate, but played it as part of our mission to play every course in the state. Wasn't that long ago, sometime in January I'm pretty sure. There hadn't been any watering except for a little bit around the 18th scrape. Is only a winter course though.

BTW Flavzz - I was in your situation a couple of months ago and after comparing prices for a lot of courses I decided to join Barossa. I know it's a hike from here in town, but a good course for the subs and no joining fee either. Of course, being a past member and knowing people in the Barossa helped sway my decision that way.

Tony

Yeah Barossa no good for me but cheers anyway. I normally try play 2-3 times a week and cant see myself driving 2 hours plus 3 times a week for the round trip.

Blackwood or Flaggy are the contenders for me now..
    WITB

Played Blackwood today. Course in pretty good condition. Whilst it's a challenging course which punishes stray tee and approach shots if u place ur tee shot well u can score well. Just have to be careful of OB. I got caught out a couple times with distance off the tee getting me into trouble which is just due to a lack of course knowledge.

Overall some nice par 4&5 dogleg holes and a couple good long par 3s. The elevation changes on the back 9 make it seem totally different than the front. Also hit the ball pretty well which makes it much more enjoyable.
    WITB

Hey all,

Being originally from Adelaide I have played many of these courses. There is no doubt Royal Adelaide, Kooyonga and Grange are special courses but can be difficult to get on to.

Glenelg is shooting up the "best courses in Oz" charts and is looking very sweet at the moment.

Lady Bay is potentially the most underrated course in Australia IMO. Classic links layout. I've only played it a couple of times but it was a completely different course each time.

And back to your original question....Mt.Osmond. It's a funny little course tucked into a small area on top of the hills. I find it's a little too quirky for me. Too many shots where you have to play to a point and make sure it doesn't roll away. I never thought I could let loose out there.

And great to hear some Tea Tree Gully conversation!!! Grew up there as a junior, with my name on the Hole in One board along with my grandfather. Love to get back for a round one day.

[quote=Greeny;452379]Hey all,

Glenelg is shooting up the "best courses in Oz" charts and is looking very sweet at the moment.

I played the governors cup there a couple of years ago when they were in the middle of renno's half the course was a nightmare would love to give it a crack now .

They must have got a good deal on bunkers somewhere f**k they got a heap.

[QUOTE=Daggs;452476]
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
    Hey all,

I played the governors cup there a couple of years ago when they were in the middle of renno's half the course was a nightmare would love to give it a crack now .

They must have got a good deal on bunkers somewhere f**k they got a heap.
    True Daggs. It was a little ordinary out the back a few years ago. I've been told it's brilliant at the minute.

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Hi, I am a new member.

I am from SA and have just got back into playing golf after a work related 3 year break. Now that I have the time to play I have been playing more than ever. In the past month I have played the following:

North Adelaide South Course - Pretty straight forward course with a few nice holes on it, I like the Par 3 16th, its my favourite hole. It is always in reasonable nick considering the traffic.

Highercombe - Does anyone actually play up there from here? It is always so quiet. This is a hard course in my opinion because you can hit a nice tee shot and it can end up rolling onto the opposite hole! Frustrating at times and not very well watered. If someone spent some serious money on this course it would be a cracker. My favourite hole on this course is the short Par 4 15th. A thinking mans hole. Lay it up with an iron? Or blaze away from the hidden green?

Mt Lofty - I don't know what to think of this course. It is shorter than some but very technical. You have to have a bit of course knowledge I think. The 2nd hole you hit over a road!? I did like this course, but I never felt I could just let loose with the driver, I felt almost claustrophobic on some holes! So many trees. Nice course.

Mt Barker - Played this on a day with a disgusting amount of wind. I really like this course, it has a bit of everything. The front 9 is a lot longer than the back, but you are always thinking about your shots, its never just a case of smash it as close to the green like at Nth Adelaide. Probably my favourite course so far.

In the past I have played McCracken, Victor Harbour, Regency, Nth Haven and Bamera Golf Club. I look forward to playing some of the 'bigger' courses like Riverside, Lady Bay and McCracken again.

Greeny, going up today to check out Mt Osmond. Won't play it but will have a quick look around.

And yes Glenelg is very nice. I've played it twice in the last 12 months and it's in quite good condition now. If only I could afford to play there often.
    WITB

Quote Originally Posted by ///M Power View Post
    Hi, I am a new member.

I am from SA and have just got back into playing golf after a work related 3 year break. Now that I have the time to play I have been playing more than ever. In the past month I have played the following:

North Adelaide South Course - Pretty straight forward course with a few nice holes on it, I like the Par 3 16th, its my favourite hole. It is always in reasonable nick considering the traffic.

Highercombe - Does anyone actually play up there from here? It is always so quiet. This is a hard course in my opinion because you can hit a nice tee shot and it can end up rolling onto the opposite hole! Frustrating at times and not very well watered. If someone spent some serious money on this course it would be a cracker. My favourite hole on this course is the short Par 4 15th. A thinking mans hole. Lay it up with an iron? Or blaze away from the hidden green?

Mt Lofty - I don't know what to think of this course. It is shorter than some but very technical. You have to have a bit of course knowledge I think. The 2nd hole you hit over a road!? I did like this course, but I never felt I could just let loose with the driver, I felt almost claustrophobic on some holes! So many trees. Nice course.

Mt Barker - Played this on a day with a disgusting amount of wind. I really like this course, it has a bit of everything. The front 9 is a lot longer than the back, but you are always thinking about your shots, its never just a case of smash it as close to the green like at Nth Adelaide. Probably my favourite course so far.

In the past I have played McCracken, Victor Harbour, Regency, Nth Haven and Bamera Golf Club. I look forward to playing some of the 'bigger' courses like Riverside, Lady Bay and McCracken again.
    You better jump on the band wagon and join in the oz golf S.A. day mate look in the first tee forum and find S.A. Meet N Greet info in there.
    Good onya

Greeny, going up today to check out Mt Osmond. Won't play it but will have a quick look around.

And yes Glenelg is very nice. I've played it twice in the last 12 months and it's in quite good condition now. If only I could afford to play there often.
    Flavzz you got far to much time on your hands ol son...

Let us know what you think!

Heading up to play Echunga on Sunday. I've been told that the course in in good nic...i'll let you know what it's like.
    Hopefully we don't get the predicted showers here over the w/end.

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

I have been trying to get onto the Pat for the past 2 weeks, I never realised it is so busy thesedays. A friday was fully booked out till 2pm and when I rang 2 days in advance for Sunday they were again fully booked up!

I was down at the driving range, I have to say I was impressed by the state of it, especially the putting green. Very nicely kept. Shame about the line up on the 1st..

Quote Originally Posted by Daggs View Post
    Flavzz you got far to much time on your hands ol son...
    I'm on holidays Daggs so yeah I got plenty of time

Quote Originally Posted by ///M Power View Post
    I have been trying to get onto the Pat for the past 2 weeks, I never realised it is so busy thesedays. A friday was fully booked out till 2pm and when I rang 2 days in advance for Sunday they were again fully booked up!

I was down at the driving range, I have to say I was impressed by the state of it, especially the putting green. Very nicely kept. Shame about the line up on the 1st..
    Best way to book a day at pat is book a week in advance and just cancel if u can't play. Good practice facilities now. They just need a turf practice fairway and some more bunkers.
    WITB

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Heading up to play Echunga on Sunday. I've been told that the course in in good nic...i'll let you know what it's like.
    Hopefully we don't get the predicted showers here over the w/end.
    Was in very good condition a few weeks ago when I played it. Absolutely love the first hole, an absolute cracker. Tough, long and with water hazards. Brilliant I think. Let us know how you find it.

In relation to the Pat, never used to be an issue when I was in uni a few years ago, but obviously is now. Still used to be slow though most of the time. Longest round I've ever played was there, 5 and a quarter hours I think it was.
    Last edited by Funky_Cliff; 4th March 2010 at 05:33 PM.

Played Mt Osmond today twilight 9 hole comp. Had 22 points. Pretty happy with how I played and nailed the NTP on the 13th then missed the 5 footer. Also hit a great shot on the par 3 11th to 6 feet and made the putt for birdie.

As far as the course goes it's a very picturesque course with stunning views of the city. Condition was mixed in parts but mostly very good with all greens in good condition. The course is so close to my place that I would like to join but Blackwood is probably a bit nicer although different(and another 20 minutes away). Tough decisions coming up. The members there made me feel very welcome as well. Overall a very nice club.
    WITB

Thread Information