Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Default Final list of NSW guys for the Matchplay Champs.......

Well, it looks like the QLD guys are on top of things, so we might as well get it together too.......Lets get our final entries and draw done right away so we can get a winner asap and getthe Qld guys sweating a little knowing what awaits the winner......

1 Speirsy
    2 Jono
    3 Amanda
    4 TS
    5 Trung

Who else do we have?

Sorry if there is a list/draw already, but I didn't see one........

Speirsy

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Bummer Jono It sucks bigtime when you have days like that.
    Better luck next time mate

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Eag's
    Bummer Jono It sucks bigtime when you have days like that.
    Better luck next time mate
    Thanks mate. It was one of those "why do I play this stupid game" days ... Probably due for a lesson, although Speirsy gave me a pretty good tip at the range. Need to work on the short game a bit more too ...

Trung: Speak to the hand. I only speak to the players, not their caddies ...

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Trung: Speak to the hand.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

My unpublished form guide had Jono as one of the favourites, so I see the result as an upset. It probably isn't a positive, but I'd rather lose 6 and 5 to someone who played well, rather than 1 down after playing badly. 3oneday must now rocket in to near favouritism :P

A question regarding the conduct of the event. Being matchplay within a stableford comp, how did you deal with gimme's?

Do you agree not to give any, or did you declare the gimme and putt out anyway?
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr
    My unpublished form guide had Jono as one of the favourites, so I see the result as an upset. It probably isn't a positive, but I'd rather lose 6 and 5 to someone who played well, rather than 1 down after playing badly. 3oneday must now rocket in to near favouritism :P

A question regarding the conduct of the event. Being matchplay within a stableford comp, how did you deal with gimme's?

Do you agree not to give any, or did you declare the gimme and putt out anyway
    ?
    Jim in the first match up here Nudgee and Griz where giving gimme's and then putting out mainly to let that player play out of turn and tap in to keep the Comp game going....

Be careful though, Griz nearly picked up on one hole tapping in for a 4 a 3

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    Got to beat me first Rob
    I think Trung and Jono will concur, whoever is due to play Spiersy through this should be afraid , verrryyy afraid nobble, is a word that comes to mind

Pete

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday
    Got to beat me first Rob
    I think Trung and Jono will concur, whoever is due to play Spiersy through this should be afraid , verrryyy afraid nobble, is a word that comes to mind

Pete
    Grunt, don't let them put you off I've played a round with spiersy and yes he hit's it long but as they say drive for show and putt for...........make him putt the 1 footers and you'll do him easy

Quote Originally Posted by Onewood
    Got to beat me first Rob

Pete
    Grunt, don't let them put you off I've played a round with spiersy and yes he hit's it long but as they say drive for show and putt for...........make him putt the 1 footers and you'll do him easy

Now THATS funny....not playing on grainy bermuda grass down here....I putt better then I drive it on smooth greens...... :P

Got to beat me first Rob

Pete
    Agreed that Speirsy is the favourite for the NSW half, especially if he starts playing regular golf leading up to his matches. His length off the tee is impressive, but what impressed me the most was how he got out of trouble when he missed his tee shot. Comes from experience and playing against top golfers, I suppose.

Anyway, Grant, no need to be afraid. Just play your normal game (hopefully the 15 marker inside you will decide to come out ... ) and use it as a learning experience. Not everyday you get to play someone of Rob's caliber.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

I will be totally honest, I am not in this to win, just to play with good people.

Seeing as it seems I am just about written off as a chance of beating Rob, he could treat this as a practice round for when he has to play someone good.

I may as well play it at a course I am deemed no chance as the margin might be good and I can take some positives out of it. If I play well and get done 7 & 8 or the like. I want it to be at a course where I will be able to say I beat the course but couldn't beat Rob.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

I will be totally honest, I am not in this to win, just to play with good people.

Seeing as it seems I am just about written off as a chance of beating Rob, he could treat this as a practice round for when he has to play someone good.
    Grant, no one is no chance in handicap match play, sorry if it came across that way. My point was that Rob is probably closer to a scratch marker than 4, so, it comes down to the day. If Rob plays to his potential on a course he is familiar with, he should shoot close to par.

All you have to do is shoot a bogey per hole and sometimes better (assuming someone said you were off 23 ??) and you'll towel him up. Even as good as Rob is, no one likes to give away a shot a hole

Anyone would get something out of playing with Rob, hopefully you will as well. Even better, if it is in a comp round, you get 18 holes anyway

Pete

Jono - no worries - I am happy to play Gary in the first round - and yes it's because I'm a nice lass . My apologies for the late delay too - been away for Easter.

Where is he a member? Bayview?

My point was that Rob is probably closer to a scratch marker than 4,
    so what are you saying, is he on Scratch or 4?

i thought someone said he is on +1
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Major Winner

Well said Grant - mind you.. "good" people? Should be fun though playing this matchplay stuff.

Fact is though - Rob has to do all the hard work to beat you, if you stay on or near fairways all day.

Good golf (punching out from rough, 2-putting) will win you this - don't be overwhelmed by Rob's distance off the tee

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake

Rob is off 4 and is the biggest burgler in AUSTRALIA.

was that really that hard ???

was that really that hard ???

oh thats right, i already said that.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by amanda
    Jono - no worries - I am happy to play Gary in the first round - and yes it's because I'm a nice lass . My apologies for the late delay too - been away for Easter.

Where is he a member? Bayview?
    Hi Amanda,

Thanks for giving up your bye. Jono talked me into it.

Yes, I am a member at Bayview. Handicap 9. Why don't you give me a call at the shop on 9949 8899, and we'll arrange the game?

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Trung

Rob is off 4 and is the biggest burgler in AUSTRALIA.

What? You mean the guy who allegedly holds the course record at Cypress Lakes?? (ACR 75?)

Go Grant!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm rooting for the under dog ( sorry Rob - my golf relates to Grant's - not yours- which is lucky for you!)
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Where are you playing these match play games at?

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    Where are you playing these match play games at?

Anywhere, and everywhere ... I played my match against Pete at Trung's home course, Carnarvon. The idea is to find a neutral ground where neither player has home course advantage.

We've got a player (CoffsH) who is flying all the way down from Coffs Harbour to play against Jimandr. I hope Jim plays a good host ...

Wow, I miss like 12 hours and there are a lot of posts about me.....I feel like Tiger

I'm off 4 according to Golflink, although my membership is lapsed since I'm not surrently a member of an Australian Club. Haven't been off +1 since 2002 when I actually got to play more then once a fortnight.....

Fishy, aparently someone shot 66 at Cypress about a month ago, which smashes the 70 I shot (Which was aparently the record at the time According to the guy in the shop at least.....I'm surprised nobody has shot about 62 there since it is so wide open..... but I guess since they don't hold many real events there not many good players play there)...

Trung, when Jono gets hot and hits fairways, his 10 is a bigger joke then my 4.......

Grunt, you have more then a decent chance to wipe the floor with me. I have to give you like 19 shots or something right? There is a reason low markers don't win these kinds of things.....ever.....Either way, it'll be fun....

And FGirl.....Where's the love?

My pick for the fav is actually ALD....I hear he's a closet scratch.....IF he gets by Fishy that is......with 3oneday as a close second, especially if he plays the way he did on the back nine on Monday....Cool as the underside of the pillow

Speirsy

Quote Originally Posted by Speirsy11
    Wow, I miss like 12 hours and there are a lot of posts about me.....I feel like Tiger

I'm off 4 according to Golflink, although my membership is lapsed since I'm not surrently a member of an Australian Club. Haven't been off +1 since 2002 when I actually got to play more then once a fortnight.....
    Hey Tiger, according to my book.. Your off scratch as you don't have a hcp .

Then again, I'm happy to give you 2 shots anytime of the week. I know I'm 2 shots better than you...

Quote Originally Posted by Trung
    Quote Originally Posted by Speirsy11

Hey Tiger, according to my book.. Your off scratch as you don't have a hcp .

Then again, I'm happy to give you 2 shots anytime of the week. I know I'm 2 shots better than you...
    I get one a side from you? Sounds great, and bring your cheque book

Thread Information