+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Default Round 1: Pup v KristianJ - Parramatta GC, 16 March *PUP WINS 2 UP*

Tuesday 16 March, 3:30pm.

Locked and ready to fire.

*crosses fingers*
    Last edited by KristianJ; 16th March 2010 at 08:54 PM.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Hehe...well, I do sincerely hope it doesn't hamper you too much, mate. Muirfield doesn't seem like the sort of track where it'll be too taxing in terms of the walk around.

Oh, and I will be wearing my Ozgolf polo. Not that it really will have an effect on my game, of course...
    Last edited by KristianJ; 16th March 2010 at 01:09 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'm leaving now and I'm in my school clothes.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Interesting afternoon to say the least...

I turned up at Muirfield at 3:20, got my stuff out and wheeled my buggy up to the clubhouse, only to be told that the course was closed. The greens were being worked on and the main carpark was being reasphalted, but the gates were still open and no real indication that it was closed. So when Pup and his chauffeur dad turned up, we ended up convoying to the 9 holer at Parramatta. Step down from what we were expecting to play, but given our more casual approach to dressing for the day, it would suffice.

What followed was a seesawing affair. A comfortable hole win by Pup on the 1st was followed by a hole win by myself, albeit with a fortuitous semi-topped 53* wedge shot that stayed low and landed only 2 or 3 metres from the pin.

Pup worked his way to being 4 up with 5 holes to play, before I won the next 3 holes with a mix of reasonably good golf and some luck by virtue of Pup missing a couple of short putts to halve 2 of the holes (quirks with the green as opposed to Pup choking).

We went to the 18th with Pup 1 up, and a course staff member threw a spanner in the works by removing the flag. In the end, I couldn't get up and down from the back of the green, and Pup was able to secure a 2 up victory with a simple 2 putt par.

We then sacrificed a couple of balls and had a bit of a long drive comp thingy. I demonstrated that the ghey fade was well and truly dumped, and that I could SAAGB it with the best of them.

Overall, I was pretty happy with most of my effort, and pleased that it wasn't decided until the final hole. A match played in fine spirit, and Pup had the consistency to make it through to the next round.

Blog Entries

Sounds like a great game fellas. Congrats Pup!

Did you see my name on the Honour Board there? lol
    Golf Map | WITB: Titleist TSR3 9* / Titleist 917F 3W 13.5* / PING G430 5W 17* / Titleist T100S 4I - PW / Vokey SM9 50-8*, 55-10*, 60-10* / PING Sigma2 Kushin C 35.5" / Titleist ProV1

Well I had a fun day, except for the sidesplitting headache.

I can't really add much to what Kristian said, except that he really is a bomber now with that Callaway! Kristian didn't play bad at all, but a couple of really shit shots held him back from that win.

Thanks MT.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Admittedly, 2 of those shit shots were with the Callaway. Both dribbling pull hook type things, one of which nearly killed an innocent bird, and the other hit the underside of a car on the road of the left side of the 4th fairway. Plus I somehow shanked a wedge on the 4th the second time around from a near impeccable fairway lie, which I could have potentially gotten up and down if I'd not thought that it'd hit a car (Pup found the ball on the way to the 5th tee).

And MT, couldn't see any honour boards - we didn't go anywhere near the clubhouse.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Congratulations to both players for making some pretty determined efforts to get the game played. Well done.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Thanks.

It took awhile, but we got there in the end.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

It did indeed...never thought that the final twist in the tale would be a venue change though.

Parra's probably an OK place for practising instead of heading to a driving range, but nothing too crash hot. Middle of the road in terms of the 9 holers I've played in the Sydney area IMO.

Thread Information