Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default Wa champs - prizes/donations

Alright sandgropers our WA champs w'end is not too far away and as has been the case in previous comps ran by THE DON we always have very generous punters amongst us.
    But to help things run smoothly and save some confusion for the w'end we want to get the list of prizes together well before the w'end.
    So if you can put forward here or PM what you are able to donate that would be much appreciated. Whether it's a sleeve of Pinnacles or a Fascinating bottle of wine, it doesn't matter, it will all go into to THE DON'S lair and he will divvy up the allocation of prizes before the w'end comes around.
    Bear in mind their will also be cash prizes for NTP/LD over the w'end and the Matchplay comp on the Friday will run seperate to the WA champs.
    Last edited by simmsy; 24th March 2010 at 07:33 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Nuffie has a Commodore Sedan so he should be able to fit it in. However, he will probably bring his Cleveland Tour bag but still think it will fit.
    "I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    - Woody Allen

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Commodore Sedan. Must have traded in the Getz.

How many phone books does he need to see over the dashboard?

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Oh and BTW, I DID mention to Simmsy the other day that I can volunteer some cooking time at home on Fri night in order to save us some dough on having to buy takeaway (and means you guys can do something nicer perhaps on Saturday night).

I'm putting it on the table, and if you guys are keen, I'll suggest some 'home cooked' pasta dishes, rissotto and pizza. Pizza's will need to be done on std commercial pizza bases though...(but I have a ceramic stone that helps!!)

I'll need some money off everyone ($10 each would do it at this stage (for $120), and any left over can be 'donated' to the prize pool for a SPECIAL novelty prize to be decided at the end of Sunday or something similar).

A couple of us can do the ice & beer run/shopping in the afternoon after B'up. Probably those that shower first I guess!!

And I'll need a couple of kitchen bitches hands to help a little with prep etc. Oh, and I don't do cleanup/dishes afterwards !!!

In that case I'll bring my LARGE esky id...no need for you to lug one down then. I'll let you guys sort it out to Capel, then I'll load it back into the TourVan on Sunday.

Home cooking sounds like a good idea. How many sets of knives do you have? Bit of a worry if you're a knife ho as well.
    Last edited by idgolfguy; 22nd March 2010 at 05:00 PM.
    "I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    - Woody Allen

Don't let Tiger have a knife. He's not allowed to handle sharp objects.

Quote Originally Posted by idgolfguy View Post
    Home cooking sounds like a good idea. How many sets of knives do you have? Bit of a worry if you're a knife ho as well.
    I have good knives (obviously, if I did it as a job)...but am not a ho. I have all I need. Will bring a couple down with me if I'm gonna be cooking though...I hate using crap knives. It shits me no end!!!

Here is a suggested menu for 12...(hungry)

ENTREE

Italian Cacciatore, Marinated chicken slices and garlic bread (I'll slice and marinate, then someone can cook off on BBQ)

PASTA

Gnocchi Pesto

PIZZA (three pizzas x 8 slices)

Onion, Artichoke, Eggplant, Olive, Semi-Dried Tomato
    Chicken, Potato, Red Onion & Cream
    Margherita with Proscuitto

RISSOTTO

Chicken, Asparagus, Field Mushroom & Goats Cheese

Some of Aldo's facinating wine to go with it !!!

Do you want me to PM my $10 now?
    - Woody Allen

Default Re: Wa champs - prizes/donations

I'm coming for dinner.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by TourFit View Post
    I have good knives (obviously, if I did it as a job)...but am not a ho. I have all I need. Will bring a couple down with me if I'm gonna be cooking though...I hate using crap knives. It shits me no end!!!

Here is a suggested menu for 12...(hungry)

ENTREE

Italian Cacciatore, Marinated chicken slices and garlic bread (I'll slice and marinate, then someone can cook off on BBQ)

PASTA

Gnocchi Pesto

PIZZA (three pizzas x 8 slices)

Onion, Artichoke, Eggplant, Olive, Semi-Dried Tomato
    Chicken, Potato, Red Onion & Cream
    Margherita with Proscuitto

RISSOTTO

Chicken, Asparagus, Field Mushroom & Goats Cheese

Some of Aldo's facinating wine to go with it !!!

A cook and a clubfitter!

Look out you may get a few marriage proposals on the weekend
    You're in big trouble though, pal. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!

We'll just do the shopping etc when we get to the house on Friday IDG (and anyone else). I'll just collect the $10 from everyone then.

MW, if you come to dinner it should add up to about 12kg methinks...

There are 12 guys - but...

- Paul DEFINATELY counts as two
    - Adlo is a giant fweak also, may eat as two, but will also find a hair in his food
    - JC looks skinny, but could be a sleeper when tucking it away
    - IDG obviously ALREADY knows how to tuck it away
    - Tiger is a big guy and feeding him might be the only way to either shut him up or calm him down (or both). Look out for flying Pizza!!
    - Zeus is buff and won't eat food that'll destroy his Buffness
    - DazGolfer is a Pom and will complain about the food (and that it's foreign!)
    - Yoss is so skinny it looks like a good meal will kill him (we'll have to watch His Poorness doesn't gorge himself)
    - Nuffie will continue to talk fluently while he eats and just spray everyone in the process
    - Simmsy will pick at his food like an old woman and complain that they never had food like this in his day, or otherwise he'll taste it and then go on eBay looking for more expensive, less tasty food that is somehow more appealing to him.
    - Bergsey, well he'll just be his normal calm, unassuming, quiet self and as we all laugh and joke he'll eat the biggest share without us even realising !!! And the grog too, probably!
    - TourFit USED to be able to put it away, but is now on a strict diet (and may have to have a meal replacement bar or shake instead!!)

So how many do I cook for??
    Last edited by TourFit; 22nd March 2010 at 07:45 PM.

1.5 serves for me. Whatever is left will be breakfast.
    - Woody Allen

Missing the other 2 days of golf is bad enough....now your just really rubbing it in.
    Menu sounds like Sunday lunch at my mum's TF.....very nice.....i'd be down for easy 2 servings if I was there.
    WITB

Lowballing since 2009!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by TourFit View Post
    We'll just do the shopping etc when we get to the house on Friday IDG (and anyone else). I'll just collect the $10 from everyone then.

MW, if you come to dinner it should add up to about 12kg methinks...

There are 12 guys - but...

- Paul DEFINATELY counts as two
    - Adlo is a giant fweak also, may eat as two, but will also find a hair in his food
    - JC looks skinny, but could be a sleeper when tucking it away
    - IDG obviously ALREADY knows how to tuck it away
    - Tiger is a big guy and feeding him might be the only way to either shut him up or calm him down (or both). Look out for flying Pizza!!
    - Zeus is buff and won't eat food that'll destroy his Buffness
    - DazGolfer is a Pom and will complain about the food (and that it's foreign!)
    - Yoss is so skinny it looks like a good meal will kill him (we'll have to watch His Poorness doesn't gorge himself)
    - Nuffie will continue to talk fluently while he eats and just spray everyone in the process
    - Simmsy will pick at his food like an old woman and complain that they never had food like this in his day, or otherwise he'll taste it and then go on eBay looking for more expensive, less tasty food that is somehow more appealing to him.
    - Bergsey, well he'll just be his normal calm, unassuming, quiet self and as we all laugh and joke he'll eat the biggest share without us even realising !!! And the grog too, probably!
    - TourFit USED to be able to put it away, but is now on a strict diet (and may have to have a meal replacement bar or shake instead!!)

So how many do I cook for??
    My diet plan allows unrestricted calories from 5pm until 10pm ......its sounds funny but trust me this is how we ate during the warrior times....and it works...

http://www.warriordiet.com/

minor update on prize allocation in OP attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by simmsy View Post
    at the end of the day it's up to The Don.

But i would think
    1st, 2nd, 3rd, NAGA, MegaWatty Putting Plate, Best Nett & Magellan H/cap should only be for Ozgolf members

That leaves -

1st Eagle, Hin1, LD & NTP for everyone who plays.

Ozgolfers are all putting in $25 for the prizes so i think atleast that from everyone else that joins us for the novelties.

I think B'up is more of a case of who wants to join in can, but no pressure.
    This the final agreement? Can I let the boys know what they are playing for? Simmsy, can you send me a spreadsheet/pdf with the OzG prizes only removed that I can send to Tiger and Paul?

I'll also throw in TOTAL 2s.

Most 2s over the 3 days (gross score 2s) takes it.

Special KBay Rule: If you or your partner score a 2 on holes 7-18 (play your partner's drive or Ambrose), it counts as a two for both players.

6 More Diablos and a Car Wash Voucher is in the kitty for this. Open to all players.

PM sent JC

Blog Entries

Also, as JC and I discussed today, a Long Drive on 13 at Kennedy. simmsy, can you discuss with JC. You guys seem to on top of this in my absence. Thanks a ton.
    Naturally grippy

Quote Originally Posted by adlo View Post
    Also, as JC and I discussed today, a Long Drive on 13 at Kennedy. simmsy, can you discuss with JC. You guys seem to on top of this in my absence. Thanks a ton.
    ***k! i'm sick of making changes to the s/s! Don't you guys understand what "no more prizes" means!! we've got more crap going on here than one could ever remember. If you want LD at KB bring a bag of coffee with you and give it to JC on the first.

^^^ LOL.....I'll never be able to remember all the prizes on offer, in fact, even if I won something I wouldn't even know it unless someone else points it out to me.
    WITB

Lowballing since 2009!

Take $5 off each NTP at Binningup and put it on the 13th at Kennedy for a Long Drive.

I'll print the PDF and will have it on my phone so we can refer as required.
    - Woody Allen

yeah i'll be printing it out also mate along with a couple of other things, but yeah for sure bring down a copy as well.

Default Re: Wa champs - prizes/donations

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck
    Take $5 off each NTP at Binningup and put it on the 13th at Kennedy for a Long Drive.
    Says the guy that knocked a 3 wood 330m off 13 on Saturday!

Got to pay that rent and mortgage!

That was decided by The Don, not I.

That was a big 3 wood, wasn't it!

Thread Information