Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default OzGolf Matchplay - Tournament conditions and nominations.

Well seeings everyone is excited about this,  here we go.

Ozgolf Matchplay Rules.

updates in Bold 18/05/05

1.  Major event:  Regions.   The event will be played out in different regions, eg Sydney, SEQ, and so on.   If any area can come up with the numbers (ie 8)  then go ahead and join in.

2.  Minor Event: National Titles.  The winner of the largest region has the right to host a national title against other finalists at time and place of his/her reasonable choosing, or whatever, this is not the main event.

3. Individuals will arrange their own matches at a mutually agreed course.  Its expected No golfer will insist on playing at their own club (see #4: appeal).  In the interests of camaraderie try and stick to official Ozgolf days.

4.  There will be a set date for each round of matches to be played.  If a match is not played both competitors are disqualified, unless one forfeits.  A player may appeal this to the committee should he think the opponent did not make fair effort to arrange a match.
    Approx 1 to 2 months will be given to arrange a match, about 12 months for the whole event.

After round 1,  any player who withdraws from the event, his previous opponent takes his place - time permitting.

5.  Full AGU Handicap as at the date of the match applies, verifiable by golf link or other official source.    AGU matchplay index to be used, download here  www.theblake.net/ftp/MatchplayIndex.pdf

Note: The index applies in accordance with the order that your match plays the holes.  The 1st hole on the matchplay index is your First hole, even if you tee of the 10th.  See explanatory notes and index this page.

6. The matches will be seeded as per the POTY money list as at date of the draw. If golfers are not on the money list then seeded according to number of posts to forum, then by random.

7. Matches halved at the 18th hole to be played sudden death.  Where this is not feasable, work something out or replay another day.

8. Cost is $2 per player per match except the final.   1st, 2nd and 3rd will receive a winners check of 60%, 30% and 10% respectively.  Money to be deposited to a bank account somewhere.

9. POTY money:

paid to loser at end of round.
    QLd

Round 1: ....$2000
    Round 2: ....$4000
    Qtr: ...........$8000
    Semi : .......$16000
    Final : ........$32000 & Winner $64000

NSW

Round 1: ....$2000
    Qtr: ...........$4000
    Semi: ........$8000
    Final : ........$16000 & Winner $32000

Note: if matches are played in conjunction with other Ozgolf days, the matchplay money will be offset against the other money,  ie the higher amount only will be paid.

10. Nominations to be received by the 20/3/05,  draw will be released by 31/3/05.  Please nominate your freinds if you know that they will want to play, and we can see if we can kick it off earlier.

11. Eligibility,  Ozgolf members and their partners/families. No ring ins.

12. Numbers in each pool should be limited to 4,8, 16, 32 etc.  To fit as many in as we can, there will either be a small number of byes in the first round, or a small number of reserves.  eg if there are 14 players, there will be two byes,  if 19 players there will be 3 reserves.

14. Sponsorship welcome.  

15. Suggestions please

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs_644
    Shazza will step up for a second go.... keep the girls a live in match play.

Give them three weeks to play and if they cann't get a game Gaz can get the default win.
    Technically they would have 3 days to play, including today.
    Just waiting on Blakey's ruling.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Good old Technically....

and the rules never bend so who won between Jarro & keza

Without the ruling it goes matter anyway. and three weeks does effect anything.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

I just can't see why a loser should get a second chance.

I'm not asking for one.

Andy & G69.

Its the luck of the draw if some pulls out of your section and you get a life line.  Its common in most comps I know if someone pulls out after the first round the last player they beat is given a chance and if they don't want it then they get a free pass.

Why should anyone get a free ride after the first round, they should have to earn there spot or other wise in theroy a person could win the whole comp without playing a game.

Shazza isn't asking for a second chance, I just think the offer should be made. She could still very well say no thanks.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

I must have missed it when they applied the lifeline rule to the World Matchplay Championships and Wimbledon.
    It's not something that's common to me.

You could also argue that it's the luck of the draw if your opponent pulls out, and you get a free ride.
    To me the winner of an elimination draw would be someone who went through undefeated, not a lucky loser.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP
    Just waiting on Blakey's ruling.
    Dont need to make a ruling - there is a rule in place, it's been discussed before, and legal precedence set . See 2005 Wong v. Jim

Last thing anyone will want to see is Someone win this thing becuase all his opponents forfeited, even if its just the semi, or the final.

To avoid forfeits in matchplay events, most golf clubs will say "If you cant play every round of the matchplay, dont play at all". So Eags should have forfeited before the first round (in theory), and Shazza goes through to the next round.

Because ours is played over an extended period its impossible to know if you can play every round or not, as Eags has just found out. So the next best way to organise it so there are not any walkover matches is dont have any.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by golfer69
    Either that or make him play the bloke who had the best score but still got beat.  
    Can't believe you are still moaning about that???!! Get over it. You got done.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

[quote="AndyP"]I must have missed it when they applied the lifeline rule to the World Matchplay Championships and Wimbledon.
    It's not something that's common to me.[quote]

Add to my statement amateur sport (& social) level.  I have even seen it at National level in some sports.

At a pro level and in other events outside of match play eg Wimbledon it doesn't happen

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas
    Can't believe you are still moaning about that???!!  Get over it.  You got done.  
    Look...cut me some slack. I had 36 points around bribie. I used to dream about shooting 36 points around there.
    It was a career round for me.
    ...and have I told you i'm still not happy about the coaching you provided during the game.
    Damn I am GOOD

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas
    Can't believe you are still moaning about that???!!  Get over it.  You got done.  
    ...and have I told you i'm still not happy about the coaching you provided during the game.
    the only "coaching" I offered choppa was I told him to look away when you were swinging...

Didn't want you to put him off his game.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Gee, I thought everyone had forgotten about the event, maybe just the NewSouthWelshmen hey !!!!

Pete

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday
    Gee, I thought everyone had forgotten about the event, maybe just the NewSouthWelshmen hey !!!!

Pete
    Still front and center in my mind.....Hopefully getting my match done on Sunday....care to join us at Bayview Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP
    Blakey, with Eag's withdrawal, does Gaz go straight through to the next round or play Eag's previous opponent?
    For the record Andy you started this not me.

And Blakey what was the ruling for those that don't know what your talking about.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs_644
    And Blakey what was the ruling for those that don't know what your talking about.
    RTFM (READ THE FLIPPIN MANUAL!)
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Is it too late to drop out of this sh!t now I don't really feel like being part of this girly pull ya hair schoolyard fight

Terry.
    Smugmug

"Your Mamma wouldn't fit in the can Bro"

geez pete...grow up...
    I can't believe you used the old "you started it" bit.
    Not only that, but he's replied twice, without me actually saying anything. Must be on his mind.

For the record Andy you started this not me.
    I'm fully aware of that.
    Eag's had asked me to update the draw to put Gaz through to the next round, after his withdrawal. However, I knew the rules stated otherwise, so I asked Blakey a question to clarify the rules in this circumstance (because of the time limits).
    You decided to reply on his behalf.

I'm aware of the rules, but that doesn't mean I agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by terryand
    Is it too late to drop out of this sh!t now I don't really feel like being part of this girly pull ya hair schoolyard fight
    That would mean I go through to the next round.  Do you really want that?

And I can't believe you are saying that after the crap I copped leading upto our match.

Golfer69 is it that time of the month for you.  Maybe you have to grow up I was just stating a fact.

Andy it is only on my mind because If the rules were set in rock then I would have to try and orginise a game for shaza/gaza with weekend. as you pointed out. but If they were allowed three weeks to try and play it then gaza got the free ride thats another issuse.  Why did Eags forefit sooner to give them time(no a shot at you Eags just stating a point).

Sorry blake I'm lazy why search for it when you can just ask... I have since read.

I'm having a really bad day at work so bring it on  

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Wow. Set your matches and play them. If a guy can't make it before the deadline, he loses and the other guy moves one.

Quit your bitching and moaning and move on. This should have been a simple, fun way to get a lot of people playing each other; instead you guys turn it into a petty bitchfest. If you lost in an earlier round, you're done. Let the people still in it to work it out amongst themselves.

Damn.
    Fat, drunk, and five-over-par is no way to go through life, son.

WITB:

R9 Tour 9.5 Fubuki 73X
    Burner TP 14.5 Ozik 8M2 X
    Nike SQ2 17* GD PM702 X
    Callaway X-Forged 4 Dot 4-PW PX 6.5
    Callaway X-Forged 50*, 54*, 58* PX 6.5
    YES! Dianna

Ask shaza & keza I'm a big girl.

And I didn't know we were fighting, can't people debate

I just asked if they were allowed time (not 3 days) to try and play the match, as per the rules- your the one that didn't like the rule (a loser getting a second chance).

I have said my piece.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

just all bail out now, i'm gonna win the thing dammit
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I agree Rob:

I have a problem with someone that has been beaten fairly and squarely once already, going on to win  

Terry.
    Smugmug

"Your Mamma wouldn't fit in the can Bro"

Why is the subject of a time limit being bought up?
    I thought Gaz and Eags had two months left to play each other.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Ok people this has got a bit out of hand
    It was not my intention to cause so much grief. It should just be a simple matter of Gaz going through to the next round.

My work situation has changed, which means I get one Sat off a month which sucks bigtime I have had way more important issues to deal with on the home front so golf has taken a back seat.

It was only recently I noticed that the due date was coming up for all 2nd round Matches to be completed, hence my late notice.

Yes Blakey if I had of known my work situation was going to change, then I would not of entered in the first place.

How bout everyone just take a chill pill and get on with the rest of the comp.

maybe we could bend the rules to allow this match to happen
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Thread Information