Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default OzGolf Matchplay - Tournament conditions and nominations.

Well seeings everyone is excited about this,  here we go.

Ozgolf Matchplay Rules.

updates in Bold 18/05/05

1.  Major event:  Regions.   The event will be played out in different regions, eg Sydney, SEQ, and so on.   If any area can come up with the numbers (ie 8)  then go ahead and join in.

2.  Minor Event: National Titles.  The winner of the largest region has the right to host a national title against other finalists at time and place of his/her reasonable choosing, or whatever, this is not the main event.

3. Individuals will arrange their own matches at a mutually agreed course.  Its expected No golfer will insist on playing at their own club (see #4: appeal).  In the interests of camaraderie try and stick to official Ozgolf days.

4.  There will be a set date for each round of matches to be played.  If a match is not played both competitors are disqualified, unless one forfeits.  A player may appeal this to the committee should he think the opponent did not make fair effort to arrange a match.
    Approx 1 to 2 months will be given to arrange a match, about 12 months for the whole event.

After round 1,  any player who withdraws from the event, his previous opponent takes his place - time permitting.

5.  Full AGU Handicap as at the date of the match applies, verifiable by golf link or other official source.    AGU matchplay index to be used, download here  www.theblake.net/ftp/MatchplayIndex.pdf

Note: The index applies in accordance with the order that your match plays the holes.  The 1st hole on the matchplay index is your First hole, even if you tee of the 10th.  See explanatory notes and index this page.

6. The matches will be seeded as per the POTY money list as at date of the draw. If golfers are not on the money list then seeded according to number of posts to forum, then by random.

7. Matches halved at the 18th hole to be played sudden death.  Where this is not feasable, work something out or replay another day.

8. Cost is $2 per player per match except the final.   1st, 2nd and 3rd will receive a winners check of 60%, 30% and 10% respectively.  Money to be deposited to a bank account somewhere.

9. POTY money:

paid to loser at end of round.
    QLd

Round 1: ....$2000
    Round 2: ....$4000
    Qtr: ...........$8000
    Semi : .......$16000
    Final : ........$32000 & Winner $64000

NSW

Round 1: ....$2000
    Qtr: ...........$4000
    Semi: ........$8000
    Final : ........$16000 & Winner $32000

Note: if matches are played in conjunction with other Ozgolf days, the matchplay money will be offset against the other money,  ie the higher amount only will be paid.

10. Nominations to be received by the 20/3/05,  draw will be released by 31/3/05.  Please nominate your freinds if you know that they will want to play, and we can see if we can kick it off earlier.

11. Eligibility,  Ozgolf members and their partners/families. No ring ins.

12. Numbers in each pool should be limited to 4,8, 16, 32 etc.  To fit as many in as we can, there will either be a small number of byes in the first round, or a small number of reserves.  eg if there are 14 players, there will be two byes,  if 19 players there will be 3 reserves.

14. Sponsorship welcome.  

15. Suggestions please

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by golfer69
    I am totally and utterly OVER this whole matchplay thing.
    Are you forfeiting?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Don't you worry about us Victorians.........we'll get it together - one day. Just need Bruce to name a time and a place and I'll be there
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Well so far the prizemoney structure has 2 objections out of 45 participants.

The only thing I will consider is applying the POTY guidelines exactly, which means the event with the greater number of participants has the bigger pool, just overall less money for the winner and relatively more for the other places.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman Dan
    Last i looked there wasn't a Victorian comp?
    well there probably never will be one now that they know the winner will take home a cheque for $5

Id did sound like a good idea at the start but it's now got a whole lot more complicated than it should be.
    You should all be ashamed.
    whatever you reckon Damo :P

Sometimes you have to think outside your little bitty square Jarro
    hey i am mate. It's just that my little square has more prizemoney :P
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by golfer69
    Quote Originally Posted by jarro
    Id did sound like a good idea at the start but it's now got a whole lot more complicated than it should be.
    You should all be ashamed.
    whatever you reckon Damo :P
    Thats a cheap shot !
    sorry.

i saw a whinge occuring and naturally thought .....
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake
    Funny that - seeing as though most of the 45 participants are playing in the QLD draw. Nice logic Eddie.......er... I mean Blakey...

Ultimately I couldn't give a crap about the money list either, but if you're going to do it, make it even. Simple enough request - it's not that hard to come up with a system that supports it - look above, we've come up with the answer. Now we just need this eCommittee to 'ratify' it

Does anyone in NSW / VIC feel they have to object? Probably not? It's not worth the energy. We're having just as much fun watching Jono and Trung tear into each other - that's worth more than any Monopoly money you can throw at the concept.

So that's my bit said. I'm off to burn my bra, polish my clubs and have a crack at The Vintage this weekend - with 6 OzGolfers - for a social game on a top-shelf course.

polish my crack at The Vintage this weekend - with 6 OzGolfers
    Have fun ....

I'm sorry, is this event actually worth anything more than a bit of friendship building and sledge development skills

Pete

Funny that - seeing as though most of the 45 participants are playing in the QLD draw. Nice logic Eddie.......er... I mean Blakey...
    yet only one objection from NSW, none from VIC, none from NQ, None from Brunei, none from the committee.

every arguement you have come up with is based on emotion not logic.

The formula for prizemoney for 1st place in any Ozgolf events is;

(#golfers * 1000) *1.5

if you want to argue logic then thats the only thing you have.

any idea you have presented means that if first place is the same there is going to be inequity in the allocation to the rest of the field between the 2 events, and that is not logical.

If you or anyone else want to suggest somethng, then supply me with the complete breakdown of the splits for the entire round, and your logical explanation why the smalleer field is worth more than the larger one.

Otherwise my final answer to this topic is:

POTY committee - the people that pay for the trophy are on this committee. Should anyone like to join the POTY committee please volunteer your donation, thanks!
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday
    polish my crack at The Vintage this weekend - with 6 OzGolfers
    Have fun ....

I'm sorry, is this event actually worth anything more than a bit of friendship building and sledge development skills

Pete
    ...and bragging rights

Should be a good day - been busting to play here, so (early) thanks go to Rob for making it happen.

every arguement you have come up
    as a bit of a stickler for not changing things once they have started.... we have started, there is nothing to discuss surely

Fishguts, entry was based on the rules as stipulated in the first couple of pages, are you trying to increase how much you get when ALD wipes the floor with you or what

Thems the rules, one of the reasons only one or two of the 45 have raised an issue is the majority of the other 43 couldn't give a toss

Pete

Suggestion for Fish:

Its pretty obvious that the POTY winner is most likely going to be from Qld based on sheer numbers.

Let some moss out of your wallet and look after a trophy for a NSW POTY, just rehash the overall money list, by removing everyone else.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Suggestion for Fish:

Its pretty obvious that the POTY winner is most likely going to be from Qld based on sheer numbers.

Let some moss out of your wallet and look after a trophy for a NSW POTY, just rehash the overall money list, by removing everyone else.
    In a fit of apathy, I just thought i'd see if we can get ALD, Trung or whoever wins the NSW side to get more moola. If I want to perform in this POTY gig i'd turn up to more OzGolf days.

It's accepted that this POTY thing is pretty much limited to SE QLD'ers due to the numbers you guys can get to a gig, and the frequency you can do it - i'm in awe simply for the social aspect. Just can't happen in Sydney - the golf scene here just prevents it, even if you are a member of a local club. We're lucky to get 1 or 2 gigs a month that can accomodate more than 4 OzGolfers. The Vintage event this weekend requires a 2 hour drive and $65 green fees - and that's 50% off

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Suggestion for Fish:

In a fit of apathy, I just thought i'd see if we can get ALD, Trung or whoever wins the NSW side to get more moola. If I want to perform in this POTY gig i'd turn up to more OzGolf days.

It's accepted that this POTY thing is pretty much limited to SE QLD'ers due to the numbers you guys can get to a gig, and the frequency you can do it - i'm in awe simply for the social aspect. Just can't happen in Sydney - the golf scene here just prevents it, even if you are a member of a local club. We're lucky to get 1 or 2 gigs a month that can accomodate more than 4 OzGolfers. The Vintage event this weekend requires a 2 hour drive and $65 green fees - and that's 50% off
    Fishy ... stop ya whingin' ... makes us southerners look like a bunch of whingers.

Mate, a lot of the Queensland guys drove 2 hours to Cool Tweed last year to meet the Fishman when you called in sick.

Qld guys play more because they make the effort. MTB can make his rules because he takes the time to put everyone's results together, week after week. Thanks to his efforts, at least we are having some FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Qld guys play more because they make the effort.
    Damn Doc, do you know how dumb your last quote is.....

MTB can make his rules because he takes the time to put everyone's results together, week after week.
    MTB, hows your backside?......must be very shiny now since Jono has been busy licking it...

Quote Originally Posted by Trung
    Qld guys play more because they make the effort.
    Damn Doc, do you know how dumb your last quote is.....
    Sigh ... (here we go ... Trung sharpening his nails again) ... No ... why doesn't our resident math genius enlighten us?

I've played with the Qld guys when I lived up in Lismore, and except for a few, I don't see the same kind of enthusiasm for organising Ozgolf days down here. Golf might be a bit less expensive up there and courses more accessable, but that doesn't explain why there should be more Qld golfers on this forum than NSW guys. If you have time to whinge, then go and recruit more NSW Ozgolfers. That way we'll have just as large field for the Matchplay.

MTB can make his rules because he takes the time to put everyone's results together, week after week.
    MTB, hows your backside?......must be very shiny now since Jono has been busy licking it...
    Mate, your attempt at sarcasm is getting pretty tiring. If you want a piece of me, wait till the Vintage game on Sunday.

I have disagreed with MTB in the past and will continue to do so. However, he has put in a lot of effort into this POTY thing and I don't see any of the NSW guys doing the same thing. So, it's a simple case of put up or shut up.

See you on Sunday and I hope we'll play a good match.

I don't see the same kind of enthusiasm for organising Ozgolf days down here.
    Jono, most of us don't live, breath and dream about Ozgolf...

Quote Originally Posted by Trung
    I don't see the same kind of enthusiasm for organising Ozgolf days down here.
    Jono, most of us don't live, breath and dream about Ozgolf...
    None of us do.

My comment to Fishie was half in jest. If you read it for what it was, perhaps you wouln't have felt the need to sharpen your claws ... Save that for Sunday ...

Mate, a lot of the Queensland guys drove 2 hours to Cool Tweed last year to meet the Fishman when you called in sick.
    Doc - it was either that or redecorate your car interior. And we're not talking a colour that's considered "The New Black"

I don't see the same kind of enthusiasm for organising Ozgolf days down here
    See above re: course availability. If i did keep persisting with Fox Hills, i still couldn't get more than 1 group (3 guests) on the course during summer - 1 guest during winter. Sundays only.

You got 3 groups on at Bayview in December - after seeking special permission of the board. You're comparing apples with firetrucks..

Golf might be a bit less expensive up there and courses more accessable, but that doesn't explain why there should be more Qld golfers on this forum than NSW guys.
    There are plenty on ISG. They are aware of this site. I guess they choose to stay over there? Maybe something about annoying QLD'ers

If you have time to whinge, then go and recruit more NSW Ozgolfers
    I take it your nonplussed about the prize money because you've already been knocked out?

Doc - it was either that or redecorate your car interior. And we're not talking a colour that's considered "The New Black"
    Mate, I know you wanted to play that day as much as the next guy. I wasn't having a go at you for being sick ... I was hoping to make the point in a light hearted way that organising/playing in Ozgolf events up in Qld is not as easy as putting your name down and driving 10 minutes to the course. A lot of them drive quite far to get to Ozgolf days. But I take your point that it is very difficult in Sydney to get more than one group on, especially on weekends. The price we pay for living next to a giant coat hanger, I suppose ...

If you have time to whinge, then go and recruit more NSW Ozgolfers
    I take it your nonplussed about the prize money because you've already been knocked out?
    Yeah ... that must be it.

As much as I would like to see you as the fighter for justice and equal pay rights, something inside me says you are just looking for some shit to stir ... [/quote]

something inside me says you are just looking for some s#$% to stir ...
    Moi?

something inside me says you are just looking for some s#$% to stir ...
    Moi?

Yes, you. In fact, I reckon you should host an Ozgolf version of the Jerry Springer Show ... Imagine the audience chanting "Fishie, Fishie, Fishie ..." as two Ozgolfers tear at each others clothes and pull each other's hair out.

Two Clarifications have been made to the Tournament 'conditions', on the first page regarding Matchplay index and the POTY prizemoney.

any questions?
    --
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

I am going to have to forfeit my 2nd round match with Gaz due to work commitments
    I now work most weekends so I only get one Sat off a month. So there is no way we will be able to get our match played before the due date.

Good luck in the next round Gaz

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Blakey, with Eag's withdrawal, does Gaz go straight through to the next round or play Eag's previous opponent?

Shazza will step up for a second go.... keep the girls a live in match play.

Give them three weeks to play and if they cann't get a game Gaz can get the default win.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Thread Information