Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Qld vs NSW State of Origin on PS2

At the insistence of my son I played the entire state of origin series on the PS2 last night using all the selected players - for what it's worth here are the results
    Game 1 - Qld spent the entire game making unforced errors and the NSW side carved them up - particularly through the centre of the field and out on the right wing - Qld really missed Lockyer's brilliance in directing the game - NSW player Devere had a blinder scoring 3 of NSW's 9 tries and converting them all - Qld's best player was Matt Bowen who came on to replace an injured Scott Prince early in the first half - the 54 - 26 scoreline flatterd Qld who scored a couple of late tries to make the result look more presentable -[half time score - NSW 30 -10]

Game 2 - Lockyer came into the QLD team to replace Prince - with Matt Bowen coming in to play halfback and Flannery moving to the reserves bench - a full Lang Park saw QLD score from the kick off with |Bowen slicing through a huge gap in centre field] - Qld were in complete control from then on - leading at one stage by 18-0 - a couple of late tries to NSW made them look better than they really were -Qld Victorious 18-12. Highlight of the match was Carlaw beating all comers in a 35 m sprint to the line to make the score 12-0 late in the first half.

Game 3 - a full house at Telstra to witness Qld win the deciding game in the Origin battle by 24-10 - A tough uncompromising game of rugby league in which a number of players were sin binned for high tackles - one particularly bad one made on Flannery by Fitzgibbon - resulted in Fitzgibbon being sent of for the remainder of the match - NSW were dealt with severley for breaches of the offside rule - and this resulted in plenty of easy metres gained by QLD

QLD win the series 2-1

damoocow

Senior Member Major Winner

Great reading Damo.

But who was NSW, and who was QLD? Do you mean to tell us that in game 1 your son not only thrashed you, but bashed up half your team as well??
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

lets hope it pans out like that, starting tonight.

GO THE MAROONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Sorry - neglected to add that I was QLD and although my son would have liked to play he is not allowed to use the playstation 2 for the reminder of this week as he had attacked his sister on Sunday arvo! - consequently I was versing the computer!
    damoocow

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow
    Sorry - neglected to add that I was QLD and although my son would have liked to play he is not allowed to use the playstation 2 for the reminder of this week as he had attacked his sister on Sunday arvo! - consequently I was versing the computer!
    damoocow
    Give the kid a break it's state of origin...all the boy's had fun with the girls NSW boy's anyway.....not our SQUEAKY clean little QLDers

GO THE MIGHTY BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't go crowing yet Kev.....

we'll be back to hammer ya's in game 2 at the cauldron

Senior Member Major Winner

Not after last nights effort Jarro - Blues to win by 100.
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman Dan
    Not after last nights effort Jarro - Blues to win by 100.
    we'll see dan .... we'll see

my man Lockyer will be back by then

Thread Information