Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Default 2010 NSW Matchplay Set up

Hi All

As Ping Jnr won the Matchplay title last week it now means we can get the ball rolling for the 2010 version.

Some things popped up this year that we have to avoid let happen again. Forfeits, I know some are unavoidable but this year was shocking we had more forfeits than matches played.

What can we do to fix this?

Should we have a post count before you can play in it? Alot of low posters said they would play but later forfeited.
    Do we need a pre qual? Small field of 16 maybe?
    Do regular players have preference in the seeding? previous Champ is 1
    Strict time limits on games?
    A round Robin setup like the NQ Matchplay? Regular games wit ha few matches held.
    Need to cater for mid week games?

Post ideas to fix the problem so next year flows smoothly. All ideas will be considered.

Also guys & girls register your interest here too.

Draw Done and added here as an excel attachment
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Grunt; 22nd July 2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Draw updated 5/5
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I need to announce that my proposed opponent, Ping Jnr, has decided not to play. So, by a strict reading of the rules, I get another free pass.

If winning was the only thing, I'd be happy. But I would be happier meeting other Ozgolfers and playing matches with them. Followers of this thread may recall that my first round opponent, Sydney Hacker, was unable to play before the deadline due to injury. My suggestion is that I give Sydney Hacker a lifeline, and we play our match as a 2nd round fixture. I haven't asked Sydney Hacker whether he wants to play yet, but I can't see why he would object.

Do any of the remaining interested parties (if there are any?) object to this?
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Blog Entries

No Objection here Jim
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by uahmad View Post
    Hey Jono did you get my PM, still waiting for a reply for our game..
    Mate, I did. I can't get any weekend days off for the time being. As per my original PM to you, my availability is Monday. Any chance you can get an RDO on a Monday? If not, I'll just have to keep trying and ask for a Saturday or Sunday off. I definitely can't for rest of June and first half of July.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I need to announce that my proposed opponent, Ping Jnr, has decided not to play. So, by a strict reading of the rules, I get another free pass.

If winning was the only thing, I'd be happy. But I would be happier meeting other Ozgolfers and playing matches with them. Followers of this thread may recall that my first round opponent, Sydney Hacker, was unable to play before the deadline due to injury. My suggestion is that I give Sydney Hacker a lifeline, and we play our match as a 2nd round fixture. I haven't asked Sydney Hacker whether he wants to play yet, but I can't see why he would object.

Do any of the remaining interested parties (if there are any?) object to this?
    Hi Jim,

Thanks for the generous offer and so long as no-one objects I am more then willing to try and get a game in. The only hold up will be timing for me, we have a 2 week old baby now so getting out of the house is a little harder...

Having said that I am sure I can winkle a day off mid-week at some stage and meet up for a hack!

Blog Entries

Titleist has informed me due to commitments and other issues he has forfeited his match with myself. Jim what do you wish to do here, do I just move along to the next round?

How are the other games going?
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

At least you have already played a game. That is good enough to entitle you to a free pass.

My game with Sydney Hacker should be happening on Monday 19 July. So some progress is being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Titleist has informed me due to commitments and other issues he has forfeited his match with myself. Jim what do you wish to do here, do I just move along to the next round?

How are the other games going?
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Blog Entries

I may be able to join you for that Game. Still on the Monday's off 4 day week here.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Who won this ?

Grunt,

I have already passed apologies to Pup for the late response re match this week. I've got a bit too much on the plate at present to get out and about. Had every intention to, but the young bloke has our hands full and I'm not getting a chance to have a hit at Newy let alone somewhere in Sydney.

Good luck for the remaining matches Pup.

DC
    Here's a free lesson......

Blog Entries

Updated Draw

Is not to good to look at this year again with all the forfeits.

5 OzGolfers are still in the event

Semi Final 1

Jimandr V Grunt

Semi Final 2

Jono/Uahmad V Parmaster
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

I'm not absolutely sure where to post this, as the game had no build-up at all, so I'll post in a few different threads.

The 2010 NSW Matchplay Final was played today at Camden Lakeside, between Jimandr and ParMaster.

The result: ParMaster won 3&1.

He was 3-up after 4 holes after I made a terrible start, then we squared every hole for a while with pars, then he won holes whenever he got birdies. ParMaster then choked big time when looking at a really low round, letting me win a few holes with pars, but I was never going to peg him back all the way.

Congrats to ParMaster.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Good work, MT. Score one for Gen Y!

Blog Entries

Nice work Pup.. I thought you had given the game away or something?
    Golf Map | WITB: Titleist TSR3 9* / Titleist 917F 3W 13.5* / PING G430 5W 17* / Titleist T100S 4I - PW / Vokey SM9 50-8*, 55-10*, 60-10* / PING Sigma2 Kushin C 35.5" / Titleist ProV1

Given it away? No chance! I just have no 'game' anymore.

Thread Information