Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    goughy

Default Fav 'moment' from the Champs

Thought we should have a spot for the moments!

So many of mine involve Grunt! One will have photo's courtesy of Eag's so I'll wait till he posts it up.

First one was on a hole with canal on the left with houses there. At one house there was a pool almost on the canal and in it a couple of rather stunning women (what we could tell from the distance) in bikini's strutting around and in and out of the pool. Grunt really struggled with his focus during his shot and in the end did his best to land his ball in their pool. Now Grunt, you should know that if you're looking far over your left shoulder while attempting to hit a ball then that is where your ball is going to go!

The second was on the back nine. Grunt lines up and swings his driver looking like he's trying to launch his ball into the stratosphere. Hits the ground behind the ball and clear bounces his driver over the ball and misses it completely. I thought for once I was gonna finish an ozgolf round without rolling on the ground in laughter but I was wrong!! Thanks for a couple of choice moments from the weekend Grunt! That's what ozgolf rounds are for me. A chance to have some fun...

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post
    This is all it takes henno.....

Attachment 4474
    Is Goughy chewing on some nipple?

Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    Is Goughy chewing on some nipple?

Suckling I think they call it

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

So does that make AndyP a bitch ?
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

My nipples are down near my belly button, so he can't be feeding.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Actually having everyone there for that photo on Saturday morning was pretty amazing. And standing there looking over the huge practice green just covered in OzGolfers.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Actually having everyone there for that photo on Saturday morning was pretty amazing. And standing there looking over the huge practice green just covered in OzGolfers.
    That was pretty amazing
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

If we get 60+ next year we will need a wider lens

Member Club Pro

had an absolute ball all weekend.

Seeing Henno almost in tears after I pulled runner, runner for a higher diamond flush when he was all-in was brilliant.

Bruce's little hops and fist pumps when holing putts on day one was a highlight. Being such a nice bloke, it was hard to believe it was the same person when he let out a chorus of sensational four letter words after missing a short putt on the 12th.

Damo has to be close to the biggest burglar on Ozgolf. Although the score on Sat didn't show it, I'm sure he'll be off a lot lower than 18 come next years champs. Also a top bloke.

Peter_rs was my partner on day one and watching him tear up the front nine with 22 pts was a joy. He must have had sore shoulders from carrying me all day. We squared the punt that day and I had 20pts. He also slammed down his first can of JB in about half a hole. Impressive stuff.

I got pretty lucky on the poker table that night. Having Grunt to my left certainly helped. Dead set called anything all night. Thanks for the chips mate....

Got fairly pissy Sat night but they shut the bar just as I made the switch to Johnnie Walker. My liver was most appreciative come Sunday morning.

I played with Shavey and GC on Sunday and took the cash. Both top blokes and we had a good laugh all the way around. The 5th was the highlight of the day but the closer we got to the glass sided pool, the dirtier I felt as I'm pretty sure those girls were pretty young......

Shavey's gag on 17 was monumental and let me back into the game. Didn't want to say too much cos I knew he was fuming underneath it all.

30pts wasn't brilliant but came home reasonably well with 17 on the back. I've got to play on the Friday next year to get into some sort of form and get the crap out of my game.

Congrats to petethepilot who came back to win after copping a mouthful from one of the local old wankers before Sunday's round. That grumpy old prick was the only down side to the weekend.

Thanks to Shavey, the two Petes, Shaz and everyone else who was among the organisers.

Sorry I had to piss off early on Sunday. I plan to stay the Sunday night next year.

Quote Originally Posted by steverawlo View Post
    Seeing Henno almost in tears after I pulled runner, runner for a higher diamond flush when he was all-in was brilliant.
    That still burns. Thanks for the drink though, but defeat tastes so bitter.

Shavey's gag on 17 was monumental and let me back into the game. Didn't want to say too much cos I knew he was fuming underneath it all.
    Oh no. A gag on 17 at Pac harbour also cost him the cash.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Damo has to be close to the biggest burglar on Ozgolf. Although the score on Sat didn't show it, I'm sure he'll be off a lot lower than 18 come next years champs.
    We've been saying that about damo for years....

I've got to play on the Friday next year to get into some sort of form and get the crap out of my game.
    playing Friday let me get my one good round out of the way BEFORE the champs... YMMV however!

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I had an absolute ball all weekend - comes very close to almost topping the legendary Kooralbyn Champs ! - for me I met some new Ozgolfers, renewed friendships with others, played some good and atrocious golf [often on the same hole] and played some of the worst pool imaginable. To all those I had a drink with or played with, I thank you for your company. BUT the funniest thing about these champs was Razaar's Chinese Caddy / Hairy Arms story....it was a cracker - I suggest at next years champs that he should repeat the story at the prize ceremony so all can enjoy it.

OK, I have thought long and hard about this, and I've come up with the following:

Friday - Pac Harbour:

- Being behind Jarro's group and getting to watch him hole out for eagle on the 1st.
    - Pumping my drive over the bunker and (apparently) into the cart of Ned Kelly and Grunt. I found my ball perched on top a pyramid of sand in the middle of the fairway. "It was headed for the greenside bunker had it not hit the cart!". Took a wash. (And let the games begin.)
    - Shavey's "suspended" ball in the fairway bunker, and brilliant recovery shot. (henno: "I think near that alignment pole would be a good spot to be from here". Shavey: misses the pole by inches.) The pic and vid doesn't do it justice, but here you go:

And the video of his recovery (It looks unimpressive, as most good golf shots do, but that chuckle you hear at the end is Courty as shavey's ball finishes only inches from where he was aiming to land).:

Shavey's recovery

- Getting in for par all other times my ball was messed with. (Sand castle on the green, a pile of ice on another occasion.)
    - Having to finish 3pts 3pts 3pts 2pts just to get close to taking shavey and courty's money. (Which we did, thanks to a 3-putt by shavey on 17.)
    - Being first loser at poker... twice. I lost every hand I should have won and only won one decent hand, which I should have lost (sorry PeteyD).

Saturday - Pelican:

- First hole of the champs, beating SMS off the stick with some serious bullshit. Driver went nowhere into the wind, 3w too high, caught by wind into the shit right (6-inch deep grass in the trees). 100m to go, 8-iron slash through the grass to 2 feet, and an easy birdie.
    - Hitting the 3rd in two and then 4-putting to bogey. (Shazza got birdie with her 180-straighty, safe lay-up, wedge close style.)
    - Thinking I lost the side-bet to shavey with a scorching 20pts to his 21. A recount later on showed that shavey actually miscounted and had 20 pts, and I had written 5/2 instead of 5/3 for 21 pts. We decided to let the bet ride on Sunday.
    - PeteyD at night. Seriously, how pissed was he? Hilarious. And full points for recovering pretty well all things considered.

Sunday - Pelican:

- Hitting the fairway bunker on the 10th with driver, 9-iron out perhaps another 90m up the fairway, 5-iron stiff, and a short putt for a second birdie on the hole in as many days (and my only two for the weekend).
    - Getting a questioning by the drinks cart girl about my drinks in the esky after I asked her to top up my ice. If only the poker face I put on there had been as convincing on the previous two nights of actual poker.
    - Moe's 7 GIR on the front 9 and just about walking away with 3-putt bogeys on every one. Not exactly a "highlight", but memorable nonetheless.
    - Knocking away my ball after missing the putt for 6/1 on the 18th, only to have hasey remind me that I had two shots on that hole. Both shavey and I had 27 points to square the freaking bet yet again.
    - Taking out 2009 Best Dressed. Pink shorts, shirt, shoes and shaft isn't gay at all... is it? (All I needed was one of Boz's finest balls.)

I'm sure there are hundreds more memories, but coaxing them out of the bowels of my mind after a solid few days on the turps is tough work.
    Last edited by henno; 19th November 2009 at 09:26 AM.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Please be aware that an outfit that gay will not be welcomed in WA should you make the trip over.
    Naturally grippy

Congrats to petethepilot who came back to win after copping a mouthful from one of the local old wankers before Sunday's round. That grumpy old prick was the only down side to the weekend.
    who then proceeded to give myself a mouthful on driving range cos i was having a boisterous conversation with Iain and SMS right next to him. Apparently he was trying to concentrate on his game. Yet SMS didnt have any troubly at all with hitting balls whilst being sledged mid swing.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

What was the old man's issue with the pilot?
    Naturally grippy

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    I think it's always a golfer's duty to pull out the camera when one of his partners gets into a bunker and looks unlikely to get out.
    Fair enough

The UNIT on the 8th hole. I took the photo a bit late but the lie was ugly. you can see the ball in line with the lip about 1/5th from the left edge of the photo, not enough height to get out I am afraid.

--
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Saturday - Pelican:
    - Being first loser at poker... twice. I lost every hand I should have won and only won one decent hand, which I should have lost (sorry PeteyD).
    - PeteyD at night. Seriously, how pissed was he? Hilarious. And full points for recovering pretty well all things considered.
    Dude, considering I won the second poker whatever you call it (even with your miracle hand) I think you might want to move that to Friday. Saturday I could not even read the cards. Mixing drugs and alcohol is good!!

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adlo View Post
    What was the old man's issue with the pilot?
    We had free range balls and Pete saw 2 buckets at the doorway to the pro shop and picked one up. The guy had bought 2 and got all upset. PeteyD called pete back and he replaced it and the guy just went on about it. We were laying bets as they walked to the range if the fight would start before or after the bridge.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Fair enough

The UNIT on the 8th hole. I took the photo a bit late but the lie was ugly. you can see the ball in line with the lip about 1/5th from the left edge of the photo, not enough height to get out I am afraid.

It's not a good sign when the ball is only just beating the puff of sand from the shot.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post

It's not a good sign when the ball is only just beating the puff of sand from the shot.
    It was a very buried lie, straight in off the driver and ugly as hell!

goughy

sunday, 4th hole I've rolled just into the front greenside bunker with no stance or backswing with a sw unless I hit it backwards away from the green. So I putted it onto the green and nearly sunk the up and down for par. Eag's thought it was a good shot from where I was but I don't think he realised I putted it at first! Got away with a bogey. Is that what you call an 'effective' 3 putt??

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

16th hole on Saturday. Gaz and me drive it in the centre about 230 m, SMS is another 40 metres further and Ned is 200 metres to the left after hitting a tree. Ned drives past his ball and drops SMS at his and returns to his ball. Gaz and me stand around waiting for Ned to play. We waited and waited - Ned is lost in thought staring at the buggy or staring at the ipod (which he can't live without). After waiting 5 mins and seeing no further action from Ned, I decide to hit and push it into the trees short right of the green. There is a loud thump from the direction of my shot and I immediately think I have nailed one of the carts in front. Turns out it was the esky lid of the drinks cart falling. The sound of my shot or the falling lid wakes Ned up and he finally gets a club out of his bag and plays.
    After a search (and blaming Ned for my poor shot) I find the ball in a hole amongst the trees and with no shot other than to punch it into the greenside bunker. Holed the bunker shot for a birdie and killing Ned was forgotten.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Goughy for Saturday?

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by golfer69 View Post
    Guys

I'm going to need a winner for Best on Ground for Friday and Saturday nights.
    Not sure there was any! Very quiet nights both nights in OzGolf Standards
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Going on the text message G69 sent me at around 4pm saying he had 12 Carlton Draughts under his belt, I'm going to suggest he was BOG from 1800km away.
    Forum needs more banter.

Thread Information