Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Default 2009 Champs form guide

Feel free to add your own thoughts & predictions. Mine are:-

Shavey. Always a chance. Plays too much golf at work to rule out.
    Jarro. Long shot, but will be a chance if the wind gets up (and over him).
    BrisVegas. No chance. Won it all in 07 and hasn't seen his 'A' game since.
    Goonie. Will bring 3 entire sets of clubs and will be too confused to threaten
    AndyP. Red hot fave. The thinking golfer's runner. Will keep it in play and out of trouble and I'd be surprised if this is not his year.
    Rusty. Form of late unknown, but historically strong. Might be overwhelmed by the occasion.
    Billy. mate of poidda's, so probably a burgler. Big chance.
    Iain. Capable of shooting a good score anywhere. Too contented romantically these days to be a real chance though. has lost the edge.
    PeteyD. Has runs on the board at Reddy Bay. Will it translate to a watery, toight, resort layout? Prob too distracted with organising the champs to win the champs.
    haysey. Most likely to suffer in high winds. Slim chance. But will have a good view of proceedings.
    Bruce. Fancied interstater. Renowned for his 'A' grade style. All depends on whether he's sporting a 'tache this year.
    Eag's. All depends on the barrier draw and the number of rums. In the right group, ie. fast rum drinkers, he could come from NAGA to win this.
    DC. won the last champs at a brutal layout like this. Totally depends on drinking. Could be a late scratching. Will definitely spew both days.
    peter_rs. Mr Consistency, oddly enough, given the enormous belting he gives the ball.
    shazza_rs. Mrs Consistency and will probably belt Mr Consistency off the bat if she fires up.
    damoocow. good pick for a placing. No form to win
    kpac. roughie. Have a $1 each way. Has ho'd a heap lately. Too distracted.
    Scarfie1. no form of late. Any late mail?
    sms. unbackable fave for low gross. Gun of the field. However, is massively handicapped by weight, shorts, blades, left-handedness. Even money to score a supergoal.
    Just. Will have the most Pings of anyone in the field. Steadily improving, stayer. Will be thereabouts.
    Goughy. I wouldn't back him with your money.
    Courty. No chance. shanking, so watch out on his right. Hasn't done anything of note in SEQ.
    blakey. Too much course for the old hooker. Might be a show if it's howling.
    BrisWesty. see jarro.
    Nudgee. see goonie. value pick if a melee breaks out.
    GCSwinger. used to this style of course. Not much ozg form tho.
    Gazgolf1. Mr Consistency's really consistent uncle. Good value. Use him as an anchor in your trifectas.
    PetethePilot. Mystery runner from parts unknown.
    Moe Norman. Lives on the course. Poor value unless his odds drift out. Watch out for his iron play.
    DDasey. unable to comment.
    davemason. defending champ. Always immaculately presented. A repeat win not out of the question. Hes been doing lots of sandwork in secrecy out on Great Keppell.
    senecio. too much hoing, plenty of pace, no rhythm. roughie.
    Ned Kelly. putts with a wedge. FNQ's most notorious burglar.
    Henno. anything's possible. Rooming with sms could be a factor. Even money to score a supergoal.
    Grunt. no chance. will possibly hit one into Pumicestone Passage if he really winds up.
    Baz. unable to comment.
    Nuttedit. mate of poidda's, is definitely a burgler. Big chance.
    Gregh. matchplay semi-finalist. shows promise
    steverawlo. Another local qualifier. Comfortable on the coast, and has same strengths as jarro and westy.
    Lucasto23. Surprisingly solid chance carrying a light weight.
    Jono. see goughy.
    Razaar. see blakey.
    Kev. mystery trifecta chance. Late mail is he's a scratching. As in "playing off scratch'!
    Hux. Who'd bet against him? May need to sell all his clubs to pay for fuel to get home in the XR6T.
    Poidda. Will win the punt. Back whatever he's backing.
    Choppa. will he play Sunday? Was top 3 after first round in 07. Needs to monitor fluid intake. Occasional golfer, but natural talent.
    Mrs Lucasto23. unable to comment.
    Daves. unable to comment.

*Disclaimer - these comments are meant in jest, light-hearted and not meant to cause (too much) offence. Please feel free to put it back on me if you don't like what I've dreamed up about you!
    Last edited by BrisVegas; 10th November 2009 at 04:45 PM.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Fardoules is probably the best in Brisbane. Did mine way back, did Michael Voss as well.
    Another vote for him here, he did both of my knees quite a while ago and I could of asked for a better result.

Thread Information