Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Default The Inaugural Sandgroper Champs Re-cap. Scores and photos inside.

Well, what a fantastic weekend of golf.

6 of the most easy going blokes you could find, plus TourFit.

The courses were all superb. For $65 in green fees for the entire weekend, quite unbelievable really.

For the most important details, here is the break down:

Total stableford points:

1st:
    Johnny Canuck, the "real JC" and poker champ (can this man lose anything?), and your winner in a playoff, 77 points
    2nd:
    i-tree-golfguy, proved he can throw a few pygmy punches, 77 points

Tied after 45 holes, we were lucky to have enough space behind us to return the 2 top golfers back to the 18th tee for a playoff. JC hit his approach to a foot (nearly holing it for eagle) on the 336m par 4. Idgolfguy, after hitting a perfect drive, hit his approach to about 18 feet, and missed the birdie chance.

However, the real winner this weekend was the Callaway Tour-i. Great ball. All 3 leaders in the final group were playing them today and thoroughly enjoyed it. On a side note, JC won a dozen pills (Tour i's) for an eagle on the 488m 7th at Bunbury! Driver, 3 wood to 15 feet and one putt. Well deserved.

3rd:
    ad-joaquin-lo, did more of a river phoenix on day 2, 76 points
    4th:
    Yossari-tartan, shorts so bad he can make 3 men spew, 75 points
    T5th:
    Zuesgolfer, a much better snorer than he is a putter, 71 points

Old man Simmsy, proving that day old toast can taste good with the best 18 hole score for the weekend at Bunbury, 71 points

LAST PLACE:
    Mr 3 Stripe, TourVan-man, TourFit, lost his cool with the unplanned 3 stripe renovation on the SS ute, 70 points. TourFit, as well as the Maxibon NAGA shirt, I think you should pick up one of these:

A 3 stripe tank. That is what you did today.

For the MegaWatty Trophy for total putts:

1st: JC, 75.5 putts
    2nd: i-tree, 78.5 putts
    3rd: 3 stripe tank, 79 putts
    4th: simmsy, 80.5 putts (well done today breaking 30 putts mate)
    5th: Yossarian, 84.5 putts
    6th: adlo, 86 putts
    7th: Broom-golfer, 92 putts

Overall, most putting stats were pretty impressive. Well done JC, you putted very solid, as always. If I was a gambling man, I would have won some coin backing you.

I'll post some pics, and I am sure some banter will follow.

In regards to my tanking on day 2 with the home course advantage. Lets just say that someone spiked my drink, or built a wall in front of me at the poker table. The word "rotten" quite aptly describes how I felt from about 2am Saturday night until now. Still hurting. Was struggling to even get up to get to the golf course. Thankfully, a last minute chuck did wonders, and I made it to the course. Played with a cart so I had a chance of making it. Started bogey-par-bogey for 6 points through 3, was leading by 4 points. Hit the wall again on 8, wiped 3 straight holes, but fought back with par on 11, birdie on 12 and a great sand save par on 13. Put me back in the lead. Struggled from there. 3 jacked 16 with a stupid downhill 4 footer left short, and then wiped 17 getting stuck in between 3 tree trunks and battling to get out. Had a 12-15 foot breaking par putt on 18 to force a 3 way playoff, but I hit it low. Way too low. Just too low. Oh well. Was pretty happy to stay in contention given the circumstances.

The photo gallery:

It begins........

Mandurah Country Club was a delightful track. Fascinating even.......
    This is the 1st tee, our tenth, great tee box/shot.

The brute, 201m par 3 6th. Golfers on in regulation: zero.

The Canuck chuck, not happy with the fringe putt. Didn't matter, I made my birdie putt to take the skins.

Where did the rain come from? Bloody Mandurah. Yossarian and Zuesgolfer get to know each other a little better.

18 holes down, 9 more to go for Saturdays hit.

Time for a quick visit to the "Tour Van". Great call Zues.

Teeing off #1 at Binningup. Tired and sore, almost all the drives get crushed down the middle.

Looking back down #2 at the first golfer to don the Naga shirt, Mrs Simmsy. A random bloke joined us to make a 4 ball. All I can say about him is Woh! Woh! Wee-ah! Great success!

Yossarian lining up for a power fade off #3, the best way to tackle a 520m par 5 with an uphill fairway into a headwind. Found the gravel track. High 5!

One of the best views in golf, looking down #3, ocean vistas, and Mrs Simms 3rd shot dead in the scrub left Weather looking ominous.

My favourite walk between tees in all of golf, from #3 to #4 at Binningup. The tee box is so well placed, you can hardly see it.

Tee shot on #5, 445m par 5, dog leg 90 degrees right. Mr Canuck was sure he was going to eagle the hole. Not even close, missed by 2 inches! We were, however, about to get wet again.

Pretty as a picture over #6. Rumour has it that TourFit's Scottish blood forced him to wipe the hole and disappear to search for the pot o'gold at the end of the rainbow.

Continued post #2.....
    Last edited by adlo; 9th November 2009 at 04:02 AM.
    Naturally grippy

Blog Entries

You read my mind Just.
    Naturally grippy

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by adlo View Post
    Hoping to get a big field next year.

You, Golfnut, Pieface, Bergsey, Bruce Dickinson, Qbnchopper, Topdog........ any new WA members..... any Eastern staters who want to play some real golf courses......NUFFIETHEGOLFMAN?

Sounds like a great trip fellas, hopefully the next one will be sometime early in the year as expecting my second youngster in May so the clubs will be getting shelved for a fair while i suspect.....
    You're in big trouble though, pal. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!

Blog Entries

April is the suggestion at the moment, weather should still be great.
    Naturally grippy

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by bergsey View Post
    Sounds like a great trip fellas, hopefully the next one will be sometime early in the year as expecting my second youngster in May so the clubs will be getting shelved for a fair while i suspect.....
    Congrats Bergsey. May is a good month to be born in.
    "I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    - Woody Allen

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

I like how tourfit has failed to mention that he also hurled. Because he saw me hurl. What a big girl. Hey that rhymes... I sense a song coming from Joaquin.

Actually did you do this one Adlo about Tourfit throwing his putter??

I threw my putter on the ground

JC saying fu*k in front of ladies was awesome as well.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I like how tourfit has failed to mention that he also hurled. Because he saw me hurl. What a big girl. Hey that rhymes... I sense a song coming from Joaquin.

Actually did you do this one Adlo about Tourfit throwing his putter??

I threw my putter on the ground

JC saying fu*k in front of ladies was awesome as well.
    He was slick enough to refrain from saying c#$t in front of them.....

Blog Entries

Threw it on the ground...... classic. I was in the wrong group to catch that in a photo.

So funny, he threw a tantrum, threw the expensive putter...... then panicked, checked to see it wasn't broken and cleaned it with more compassion than he would show his only child.

Plus, TourFit's barf. He is writing it off as a gallant effort, for cleaning up your mess.
    The funniest part was the fact that 30 seconds after the chuck he was back sitting next to JC at the poker table with his feet up on a chair talking away like nothing ever happened. The man can talk.
    Naturally grippy

Pretty as a picture over #6. Rumour has it that TourFit's Scottish blood forced him to wipe the hole and disappear to search for the pot o'gold at the end of the rainbow.
    Shouldnt that be Irish blood? or is it a case of TF entirely replacing his blood with another substance.

Now that group photo is fantastic, except i still cant tell which wanker is which yet?

and that redshirt guy is wearing the biggest shorts i have ever seen, beats Golfer69's by several cubic metres!
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

BR:Yoss, JC, Adlo, Rebjon
    FR:Simmsy, Tourfit, IDgolfguy

Quote Originally Posted by just View Post
    BR:Yoss, JC, Adlo, Rebjon
    FR:Simmsy, Tourfit, IDgolfguy
    I wouldnt have gone that far and called them all wankers though.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusgolf View Post
    He was slick enough to refrain from saying c#$t in front of them.....
    Mate, it was on the tip of my tongue.

The loud f*** on the second tee got their attention.

The loud f*** on the forth got them talking, I could hear it. I was proud that I held the c-bomb in after 3 duck hooks.

Threw it on the ground...... classic. I was in the wrong group to catch that in a photo.

So funny, he threw a tantrum, threw the expensive putter...... then panicked, checked to see it wasn't broken and cleaned it with more compassion than he would show his only child.

Plus, TourFit's barf. He is writing it off as a gallant effort, for cleaning up your mess.
    The funniest part was the fact that 30 seconds after the chuck he was back sitting next to JC at the poker table with his feet up on a chair talking away like nothing ever happened. The man can talk.
    He threw it in the ground, rumour has it that it was buried.

He also threw a wedge and a putter cover.

3 chip, 3 putt will do that to a man.

The face that he chucked, washed it down the sink and sat down and put his feet up and carried on like nothing happened cracked me up.

Blog Entries

I cleaned up my own mess thankyou.

The first two drives being blocked right was good as well. As was simmsy brother 1 point on the back of MCC after 19 on the front

Peter Widdle and Pygmy up as a swing thought for that old dude at Binningup.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

YOSS, I would find it extremely difficult to believe that ANYONE that walked into that wardrobe and saw THAT mess (and worse, smelled it) wouldn't have gagged...the room adlo was in was pretty intense for a while even with the window open. Maybe that's what made adlo crook in the morning? Breathing in all that chilli/bacon spew smell all night !!!

...as it was, I was pissed too, so it didn't take much.

IT WAS A "REACTION TO SPEW" HURL...

I notice that JC didn't move a muscle to help (how could he, he was in his Snuggie) and didn't seem top care either, due to being paranoid about someone stealing his chips probably!

Adlo had a wall in the way.

Simmsy had a shocked look on his face when he came out after the chuck...he just wanted to help too, but decided that you were actually OK and you could do it yourself. Ah, good ol' mother hen Mrs Simmsy..He was adamant that the bedroll was NOT going back !! Now THAT was funny...."BURN IT !!!"

And they talk about my post spew recovery !!! You seemed OK to me afterwards...hmmm....yet I can find NO REASON to believe it could have been the chilli dog. None of us got sick...maybe it was you being soft when it comes to chilli, rather than being soft when it comes to piss drinking. Either way...still SOFT !!!!

And yes, it's true...I helicoptered my wedge after 3 chips (1 bladed and two chunks from the other side). It was the only wedge ALL DAY that went where it was supposed to go!!! The putter followed after 3 putting, after the 3 chips !!!! The head buried itself in the soft ground and I had to wash it off...otherwise I wouldn't be able to get it in the headcover or putt with it next hole.

The putter headcover throwing incident IS A LIE...sensationalist journalism at it's worst and totally false. It merely fell of my bag on the way to the next tee.
    Last edited by TourFit; 9th November 2009 at 08:32 PM.

Blog Entries

That mess wasn't even half way done when you saw it.

And I did clean it up myself, no way anyone else was going to.

As for the smell I still had that until about the 17th at Bunbury thanks to the bits of bacon that came out of my nose in the morning shower. Good times.

Still I kicked your arse and now have an AGU of 25. Bring on the matchplay

That mess wasn't even half way done when you saw it.

And I did clean it up myself, no way anyone else was going to.

As for the smell I still had that until about the 17th at Bunbury thanks to the bits of bacon that came out of my nose in the morning shower. Good times.

Still I kicked your arse and now have an AGU of 25. Bring on the matchplay

"BUT WAIT. THERE"S MORE !!"

Them's fightin' words young fella...lucky for you I don't like Jagermeister! As Zues would say "...put 'em in The Cage".

And 15 shots might JUST be enough for you for 18 holes around Joondalup!
    Last edited by TourFit; 9th November 2009 at 09:02 PM.

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Enjoyed reading that thread. Top stuff. A few questions:

1) Is Yossarian wearing ANKLETS?
    2) Was there some rule that people had to swap shorts on one of the days?
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Yes, yes he is. Comes from being SOFT !!! And don't forget the pink shirt too...

...not to mention he actually carried on him a photo of himself and another guy, with little on, wearing lime green rubber gloves and looking VERY camp !!!!

Blog Entries

Do you mean ankle socks?? If yes then yes I am.

Id swapped shorts with adlo on sunday, hence why he is wearing pants.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TourFit View Post
    Yes, yes he is. Comes from being SOFT !!! And don't forget the pink shirt too...

...not to mention he actually carried on him a photo of himself and another guy, with little on, wearing lime green rubber gloves and looking VERY camp !!!!

Tourfit your obsession with sledging me is starting to get a little worrying. Its ok the more you sledge the sweeter the matchplay victory will taste. It will probably taste as sweet as a Maxibon ice cream.

I was going to grab a road sign that said "soft edges" for you and I am now regretting that I did not.

And if you are going to sledge get it right, the photo is on failbook, not like it is in my wallet or anything although you probably wish you had a copy to look at my tight physique before you go to bed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    Enjoyed reading that thread. Top stuff. A few questions:

1) Is Yossarian wearing ANKLETS?
    2) Was there some rule that people had to swap shorts on one of the days?
    Classic stuff!!

Tourfit's final day "3 stripe TANK" is proof that no amount of wardrobe coordination can help your golf game.

Tourfit your obsession with sledging me is starting to get a little worrying. Its ok the more you sledge the sweeter the matchplay victory will taste. It will probably taste as sweet as a Maxibon ice cream.

I was going to grab a road sign that said "soft edges" for you and I am now regretting that I did not.

And if you are going to sledge get it right, the photo is on failbook, not like it is in my wallet or anything although you probably wish you had a copy to look at my tight physique before you go to bed.

Classic post.

Hey Johnny Canuck, I remembered your swing thought for the guy on the tee at Binningup: "PYGMY POWER!!!"

Another classic was our Binningup straggler, Mike from Gosnells GC:

a) Slagging us off for having the same Adidas Powerband shoes and
    b) Having a go at simmsy for taking preferred lie from roo damage on Binningup number 3. The look on Mrs Simmsy's maxibon smeared face was priceless.

Sexy time!
    Naturally grippy

Blog Entries

Also, as well as Joaquin, for a nickname, I would have also paid:

Fuzzy

or, as Zuesgolfer points out:

Darth Vader

"LUKE......."
    Naturally grippy

Blog Entries

Ahahah

Gold.

Simmsy having about 4 point on the back nice at MCC was pretty funny as well.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Riverside Mother F***ER

Blog Entries

I just realised it is actually a tupac sample.

RIVERSIDE!

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Nice Adlo - looks like you guys had a great time .... aarrrrghhh !!!!!

Thread Information