Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your Course

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

How much oscar? Arundel is not that freindly for guests....

BTW how is your new greenkeeper going (joke: arundel always has a new greenkeeper)
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Member Club Champion

How much oscar? Arundel is not that freindly for guests....
    Once a month on a Sunday they put on a Members guest day.

Normally $75 with shared cart and smorgasboard BBQ lunch on completion.

I am negotiating for a slight price drop ($65??) for a group booking???

BTW how is your new greenkeeper going (joke: arundel always has a new greenkeeper)
    I have never seen a business turn over staff like this place.

6 Months is long service...

Osc[/quote]

Mate of mine was the greenkeeper there a few years ago, he was the 11th greenkeeper in 10 years. After 3months and on a day that several members told him that the course is in its best condition in years he was sacked (his probation was up) because of 'interpersonal differences' with you know who.

I was told by an ex-member and an ex-bar manager of Arundel that there is one guarantee when seeking golf employment on the Gold Coast - that everyone knows that anyone who has worked at Arundel has been sacked and nobody will look unfavourably on that.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by oscar
    This is a link to a hole by hole discription of my home course - Arundel Hills

I am planning on organising a group hit in September if anyone is interested?
    Sounds good to me oscar. Always nice to play somewhere new...

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas
    Quote Originally Posted by oscar
    This is a link to a hole by hole discription of my home course - Arundel Hills

I am planning on organising a group hit in September if anyone is interested?
    Sounds good to me oscar.  Always nice to play somewhere new...
    exactly

Oscar, any closer to getting this thing off the ground I'm sure we'd get a few Ozgolfers there if you could arrange something
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Just done a course review/ guide of my home course Macarthur Grange Country Club. Will get out and take some pics soon I promise.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Some pics to make you feel good bout your course. this is the place I've played most of my golf, it's a public course that gets most of the non golfing golfer of traffic in Geelong. Haven't been there for a few months, but apparently they closed the course this Monday and did a job on the greens. These pics were taken today, and are of just two of the greens, but I'm told many are like this or worse. My budy looks forward to playing on Saturday (idiot), coz the greens will be soo long by then he'll be able to take the putter out of the bag and use another wedge Call me lazy, but here are some links to the pics.

http://mail.google.com/mail/?view=at...73027f99a57b2b

I think they did a pretty good job, considering there is not a single qualified greenkeeper on staff We don't need no stinkin' greenkeeper My favourtie part os where they killed the grass on the 17th

Greenkeeper or Greenskeeper?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Ona - you can't post links to your gmail inbox and expect anyone other than you to be able to see them....
    The secret of golf it to turn three shots in two. - Bobby Jones

A tale of golfing mediocrity

yes I can. derr

how the hell do you manage to hole any putts on those greens mate
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

you can't miss the hole, trouble is in deciding which one to aim at mate who sent me the pics played on Tuesday, day after the butcher, and had 40 points took relief on the greens four times

Senior Member Major Winner

Here it is PGC some of these pics are wrong.

damn just went thru the holes and these pics are older than my dad,one error that stands out
    like dogs balls is the pics for the 6th are actually of the 5th before you get to the dam.
    enjoy.pretty poor effort really

http://pacificgolf.com.au/coursemap.htm
    Last edited by dc68; 17th March 2006 at 02:54 PM.

Joseph

My home course is Manila Country Club.

I'll be moving to shoalhaven heads in the next few weeks so I played a social game there yesterday. I have to say I was pretty happy with the course layout. Its only a 15 course atm but they r planning to obtain xtra land for the last 3 holes (calling 69er). The course itself could do with a little bit of TLC but I think they operate on a shoestring with bunkers overgrown with some weeds and the fairways needing a tidy up but overall the greens were great, and the fairways were nice and undulating hence very few flat areas. Another good part r fees are only $400 /yr.

Andrew played here a few weeks ago so he could prob give a better, technical, report but i'd recomend a game here to anyone. Will get some pics when i'm out there again

s9-1 Pro 10.5 | 906f2 15* 18.5* | Maxfli a10 Tour 3-p| x-forged 52* 58* | Odyssey Black I9

Andrew posted a rather uncomplimentary thread on the place on another forum, not critical of the course itself , but more the architect who did't get his target market correctly.
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

How far from your new digs to Kiama, Craig? About 30 mins?

20min to kiama, 30min to work at shellharbour. 1min to the course/beach and river

Andrew posted a rather uncomplimentary thread on the place on another forum, not critical of the course itself , but more the architect who did't get his target market correctly.
    will have to have a look for it. I don't get into the arkitecha side of courses much. After playing Mt broughton with Andrew I know he loves that side of golf. I Just liked it
    Last edited by Coffs_Hacker; 15th April 2009 at 06:49 PM.

s9-1 Pro 10.5 | 906f2 15* 18.5* | Maxfli a10 Tour 3-p| x-forged 52* 58* | Odyssey Black I9

Have you played at Kiama? If you don't like the course at Shellharbour, Kiama is a decent track and a very friendly club.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Best part of resurrecting this thread was seeing ona's sig again

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

I like the shellharbour course but haven't played Kiama yet. Its on the list with gerringong, worrigee links and kangaroo valley as places i haven't played yet down here

Blog Entries

Are you opening a new restaurant down there?

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Like Moe said, my comparison between Gerringong & Shoalhaven Heads was more about the architects’ consideration for the available budget of the club with regards to maintenance.

You’ll have a lot of fun on Shoalhaven Heads’ greens, as they are big & extremely undulating. The problem is they are too big for a small staff to easily maintain. If the greens are good, something else on the course will be suffering or visa versa. They are just getting over a fungus problem at the moment, but it wouldn’t surprise me if these sorts of problems happen on a regular basis.

The course plays quite tight, which will make it difficult for many of the members, but I don’t think you will find it that difficult once you have gotten to know the course, Coffs. All but one of the par 4’s are reasonably short. I even eagled the 5th by driving the green & sinking a 10-foot putt, & I would have gotten a shot on that hole.

Unfortunately, there is not one stand out course down that way. The fact that you are going to be living so close to Shoalhaven Heads GC makes it very attractive. Personally I would put Gerringong & Kiama ahead of it, but they are not world class courses either. Worrigee is quite short as well & Kangaroo Valley is up & down that damn hill all day.

One thing you may find handy is that a few of the clubs down that way have reciprocal arrangements with some of the clubs. I think you will find that Gerringong, The Links Shell Cove, Shoalhaven Heads, Jamberoo and Vincentia are involved.

Blog Entries

Smallest book in the world - Golf Courses Andrew has not played.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Smallest book in the world - Golf Courses Andrew has not played.
    There is still plenty I haven't played. In fact, my Queensland quota is quite small. Off the top of my head I've only played about 20 Queensland courses. I may have to recify that one day.

Thread Information