Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 517 of 528 FirstFirst ... 17 417 467 507 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 527 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,925 of 13200
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Nice. How many shots did you get?
    He gave me loooooooooooooooooots.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

JC likes this

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Winning a game of division 1 pennant being 14 over through 17 holes (3 birdies in there too, LOL).
    Makes up for any of the times I've shot even par and got rolled....
    These are the ones you wont forget, I can relate to that - one of the best matchplays of my life was about +14 too, with 2 under the last 6 holes, in a final. We both took turns absolutely hacking it up and then I hit 3 absolute crackers on 15/16/17. The one on 16 was a Larry Mize I won the hole I should have lost.

its doesn't matter how you start, its how you finish that matters
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Moving up in the corporate world that gets you golf games. Off to Townsville today for a game tomorrow at Rowes Bay Golf Club.

Played Castle Hill Country Club on Tuesday, shame it was still under rebuild with lots of par 3 temp holes.

Actually starting to enjoy playing again. who knows i might even play comp soon to get a 2013 game off my golflink
    Last edited by Grunt; 11th April 2019 at 05:38 AM.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'm not a great Twitterer but in the last 12 months have followed a bunch of people who have views that I don't really subscribe to.

I'm not gloating but I'm certainly enjoying watching all of them try and convince themselves that they did everything right against the evil enemy and that Australians are stupid/racist/mean spirited wah wah wah.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    I'm not a great Twitterer but in the last 12 months have followed a bunch of people who have views that I don't really subscribe to.

I'm not gloating but I'm certainly enjoying watching all of them try and convince themselves that they did everything right against the evil enemy and that Australians are stupid/racist/mean spirited wah wah wah.
    You didn't expect them to behave gracefully in defeat?

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post

You'd think after Trump getting in due to a backlash to their "moral superiority", they would have learned a thing or 2 here.

Sent from a phone using the crappy tapatalk app

Blog Entries

The two situations are hardly alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    The left being a shoe in, but somehow getting beat by the racist, bigotted, homophobic right has no semblance of similarity?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    The left being a shoe in, but somehow getting beat by the racist, bigotted, homophobic right has no semblance of similarity? Sent from a phone using the crappy tapatalk app
    No, Fraser Anning didn’t beat anyone yesterday.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Blog Entries

The left being a shoe in, but somehow getting beat by the racist, bigotted, homophobic right has no semblance of similarity?

If that is your analysis of what happened yesterday, fair enough and more power to you, I shan't try and convince you otherwise, other than to note that the election of a President in a Republican model like the USA and electing a government along Westminster lines are two completely different things.

Peace

If that is your analysis of what happened yesterday, fair enough and more power to you, I shan't try and convince you otherwise, other than to note that the election of a President in a Republican model like the USA and electing a government along Westminster lines are two completely different things.

Peace
    When I do that they call it a straw man

Peace
    No, I'm not saying they are 1:1. Nor am I saying it is the singular reason. Just saying there are similarities. If you don't see it, cool.
    Last edited by benno_r; 19th May 2019 at 02:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Of course their are similarities, I just think it as a lazy and poorly thought out comparison that only stands up to the briefest of scrutiny.

While you've said it I don't intend this at all as some kind of personal attack, just an observation of mine on the aftermath of the election generally.

Trump sweeps in on a wave on change the system, effects a change of party, is perceived as an outsider, a new force.

Australia yesterday reaffirmed their innate conservatism and lack of desire for anything new.

Of course their are similarities, I just think it as a lazy and poorly thought out comparison that only stands up to the briefest of scrutiny.

While you've said it I don't intend this at all as some kind of personal attack, just an observation of mine on the aftermath of the election generally.

Trump sweeps in on a wave on change the system, effects a change of party, is perceived as an outsider, a new force.

Australia yesterday reaffirmed their innate conservatism and lack of desire for anything new.
    Fair point. I care little for politics, but I see a lot of sensible people being unnecessarily called those names, and that's what stood out for me.

Yeah like all those redneck Queenslanders who had no desire to try unemployment

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Yeah like all those redneck Queenslanders who had no desire to try unemployment
    Indeed, generally speaking Labor has lost touch with much of what was its base and somehow those people now feel the LNP does more for them, a fact which has as much to do with global demand for resources as anything a political party does.

As with much of your posting I have no idea if your taking issue with my point or not.

Indeed, generally speaking Labor has lost touch with much of what was its base and somehow those people now feel the LNP does more for them, a fact which has as much to do with global demand for resources as anything a political party does.

As with much of your posting I have no idea if your taking issue with my point or not.
    Just with the bit about Australia having a lack of desire for anything new. I’ll try harder to make it clear in future.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

That's a lot of adjectives for the right for someone not into politics, Benno.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    That's a lot of adjectives for the right for someone not into politics, Benno.
    The thing is I am only a bigot, the rest of those hurt.

Of course their are similarities

Where the *** do you get off talking down to people...seriously, You are a full of shit, condescending wanker, full ****ing stop!!!!! by the way, get ya spellin right!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
    Of course their are similarities

Where the *** do you get off talking down to people...seriously, You are a full of shit, condescending wanker, full ****ing stop!!!!! by the way, get ya spellin right!!!!!
    Gee whiz oldracist, that it a bit of raw prawn mate.

If you took the time to calmly read what I wrote, albeit with a horrible grammatical error (although pointing out spellin errors on the internet is seriously low hanging fruit), you might understand the point and that I wasn't contradicting myself. You might also then have something intelligent to add.

Hugs mate, I think you might need them.

that's crap, you know it, loftier than thou you come from, stick ya hugs pal

Blog Entries

It isn't actually but you clearly have your views and that is fine. Pax

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

We can do without the abusive personal attacks. It's just politics.

Thread Information