Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Premier Semi: GregH v Lucky at GG on 30/10

Well the Lucky Blakey quarter final replay will take place on 23rd October at course not yet named to protect the innocent (clique arranging), so now is probably a good idea to kick a few tyres around when to play the semi final.

Lucky seems to be keen on Friday mornings, so do I, so Greg, what do you think of the Semi on Friday the 30th at say Carbrook? No reason why we cant book it now, and the Unlucky Buggar can pull out.

Its worth noting that Lucky is not playing in the champs, so if i do the job on him anyway its not an issue. however if he makes the final there is no real drama - it doesnt really have to be played by or at them, it was just nice if it could.
    Last edited by markTHEblake; 25th October 2009 at 03:33 PM.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Congrats to Lucky, the match was tight all day. Nice day, good golf and good company what more can you ask for!. Thanks guys.

Gainsborough is in pretty good nick at present, greens are fast and true. Well worth the trip down for the early morning special.

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

thanks guys for the good game today, pleasure to play with ,well done lucky & good luck in final

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Well done lucky.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Probably should also mention what would probably win the vote for shot of the day. On the last Gregh hit his approach into the green (3rd shot) and over shot right of the green. He thought it had gone into the water hazard on that side for a long while but finally found it down the bank of the hazard. From the green all we saw was the clubhead on the follow through, the ball just cleared the bunker and then rolled across the green a good 80 feet with a big right to left break straight into the hole for a bird! Nice shot Greg! but you needed it two holes before!

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Oh and Lucky's misadvernture with the water hazard trying to get the ball he could see near the edge. The Hazards have VERY soft banks at Gainsborough!

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Congrats Lucky.

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Oh and Lucky's misadvernture with the water hazard trying to get the ball he could see near the edge. The Hazards have VERY soft banks at Gainsborough!
    **** that was soft. What looked like a firm edge, turned out to be pure soft mud. After I managed to climb my way out ( thanks for the assistance Pete) from the knee down I was totally covered in mud - shoe, sock leg and all. There was also a few giggles coming from my partner.

Another tip if you play at GG - the mud stinks, but Pete allowed me to ride on the back with the bags.

Thread Information