Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 736 of 750 FirstFirst ... 236 636 686 726 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 746 ... LastLast
Results 18,376 to 18,400 of 18734
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Celebrities like Shane Warne blasting the PM from his ivory tower for confusing Australians last night, totally ignoring the fact the PM answered the same questions asked by the journalists which clarified the govt decisions clearly. Its people like Warne thats seeding the confusion and making it worse.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Thats a bit harsh Blakey.

Celebrities are entitled to question the views and judgements of qualified medical experts when he is posting on Twitter, in the same way as hundreds of other people on Twitter are doing, without any medical qualifications either. Or maybe it is just one person with hundreds of different Twitter accounts.

Besides, Warney may be planning his wedding, and he's not sure whether to hold it in a school classroom, where he can at least have about 30 school age guests, or in a park where he can have 10 guests if they are dressed in boot camp clothing. At least he can get his hair cut, even though he can't get his nails done.

It's all clear to me, except for the logic contradictions.

Sadly, I expect the confusion to get worse before it gets better when people keep raising things the boffins clearly didn't consider, like access to golf courses.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

I think if you can take the emotion out, what was said last night shouldn’t have caused much confusion. Unfortunately in 6 months time the media will still be responsible for most panic, whether it’s this or something else.

It’s a pity the media don’t get self isolated, permanently.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

He has stopped making his gin to make not for profit hand sanitiser to supply WA hospitals. Good on him and his doctor mates👍

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
    I think if you can take the emotion out, what was said last night shouldn’t have caused much confusion. Unfortunately in 6 months time the media will still be responsible for most panic, whether it’s this or something else.It’s a pity the media don’t get self isolated, permanently.
    Pick and choose your media.I watched commercial TV a couple of times this weekFfs.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Celebrities are entitled to question the views and judgements of qualified medical experts when he is posting on Twitter, in the same way as hundreds of other people on Twitter are doing, without any medical qualifications either. Or maybe it is just one person with hundreds of different Twitter accounts.
    I agree with you - but he was not questioning.

Besides, Warney may be planning his wedding, and he's not sure whether to hold it in a school classroom, where he can at least have about 30 school age guests, or in a park where he can have 10 guests if they are dressed in boot camp clothing. At least he can get his hair cut, even though he can't get his nails done.

It's all clear to me, except for the logic contradictions.
    The PM did clarify those in great detail.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    The PM did clarify those in great detail.
    The details are not confusing, but the overall message is.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Cancellation of 2020 Olympics... Was looking forward to a possible Japan, Korea, China, Russia games where they win all the medals.

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    Cancellation of 2020 Olympics... Was looking forward to a possible Japan, Korea, China, Russia games where they win all the medals.
    You might be the only one, Damo, apart from the athletes themselves and a few grandmothers who like to watch the gymnastics.

For most sports fans, the news was greeted with either silence or relief. I think many sports fans believe the Olympics are a very expensive waste of time nowadays.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    You might be the only one, Damo, apart from the athletes themselves and a few grandmothers who like to watch the gymnastics.

For most sports fans, the news was greeted with either silence or relief. I think many sports fans believe the Olympics are a very expensive waste of time nowadays.
    I don't watch the Olympics. I agree with you on its ridiculous expense etc.
    I did think it would be highly amusing to see it go ahead with only a couple of countries competing, then listen to the constant whining from Australian athletes for the next 4 years.

When you quote a 4 week time frame, but new customers are all Veruca Salt (now,now, now etc.) despite the fact they haven't even paid the setup fee yet....

Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    I don't watch the Olympics. I agree with you on its ridiculous expense etc.
    I did think it would be highly amusing to see it go ahead with only a couple of countries competing, then listen to the constant whining from Australian athletes for the next 4 years.
    I would go anywhere in the world to watch "The Average Olympics".
    Loving those sportsbet ads on TV at the moment. The sock slide, the 200m wheelie bin race, Synchronised bombing.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Quote Originally Posted by wazamac View Post
    I would go anywhere in the world to watch "The Average Olympics".
    Loving those sportsbet ads on TV at the moment. The sock slide, the 200m wheelie bin race, Synchronised bombing.
    Different tastes for different people. I hate them.

I was going to post when I first saw one in an effort to feed a straight line to the James Brayshaw haters. I thought it was impossible for a person with as low a credibility rating as "JB" to damage his reputation further, but he did it.

For me, sometimes the Sportsbet ads are quite good the first 100 times you see them, but these ones miss the mark badly. The Spring Carnival of Puns sticks in my memory as a good one.

Senior Member Major Winner

Filling out the required 12 hours of bullshit from Centrelink in order to get the Jobseeker Allowance. Then Centrelink not paying Jobseeker allowance to anyone who's partner earns more than 48k a year. And no Coronavirus supplement unless you're on the Allowance. Then not paying any of it until at least April 1.

In the midst of what we're in with mass people losing their jobs through 0 fault of their own, you HAVE to be ****ing kidding me....
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Blog Entries

Lefty, get an apprenticeship with the NSW RFS.

Celeste Barber had $50million directed them, whose existing charter only allows the money to be spent on training and new equipment.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Filling out the required 12 hours of bullshit from Centrelink in order to get the Jobseeker Allowance. Then Centrelink not paying Jobseeker allowance to anyone who's partner earns more than 48k a year. And no Coronavirus supplement unless you're on the Allowance. Then not paying any of it until at least April 1.

In the midst of what we're in with mass people losing their jobs through 0 fault of their own, you HAVE to be ****ing kidding me....
    My Daughter is in the same situation. They are apparently reviewing this, and supposedly there is a Wave 3 Stimulus package in the making. But nothing concrete that I have seen as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Lefty, get an apprenticeship with the NSW RFS.

Celeste Barber had $50million directed them, whose existing charter only allows the money to be spent on training and new equipment.
    All well and good, but that would involve me living in NSW. **** that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    My Daughter is in the same situation. They are apparently reviewing this, and supposedly there is a Wave 3 Stimulus package in the making. But nothing concrete that I have seen as yet.
    Yep, and I'll bet the partner income will be bumped up to $55k or similar, still well and truly under what a $80-100k household was living like before. Rent and bills don't go down just because you lost your job, Centrelink.

The thing that shits me so much about this is 99% of people aren't trying to get rich or take the easy way out here, they're just trying to scrape together enough $$$ to pay rent, bills and food. It's not like they can just go out and get a new job right now.

We were 24 hours off pulling the trigger to buy a house, and now that deposit money will leak away and we'll be trapped in the rental market for another 5-10 years.

Hooray...

And how would a couple in Sydney go trying to live off $48k a year!?!? Cairns is bad enough.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Then Centrelink not paying Jobseeker allowance to anyone who's partner earns more than 48k a year.
    I just want the $550fn corona bonus. I am in same boat. The cook is a casual worker and has been stood down, so thats a 35% drop in household income. We shall survive of course, but the idea of that $550 was to get consumers to spend money. Gives me the shots dole bludgers automatically get 550 extra tp spend on weed! I can assure the govt that we will be spending sweet buggar all then!

I just want the $550fn corona bonus. I am in same boat. The cook is a casual worker and has been stood down, so thats a 35% drop in household income. We shall survive of course, but the idea of that $550 was to get consumers to spend money. Gives me the shots dole bludgers automatically get 550 extra tp spend on weed! I can assure the govt that we will be spending sweet buggar all then!
    That’s the rock and hard place for the government. Give it to people you know will spend it but they’re not the people hurting as a result of the shutdowns.

Member Club Champion

Yep I'm a sole trader and my work has run dry, began looking into centrelink and the hurdles i'd have to jump to get any kind of support and its basically in the too hard basket at the moment. I'll be okay for a little while but it's very stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Yep I'm a sole trader and my work has run dry, began looking into centrelink and the hurdles i'd have to jump to get any kind of support and its basically in the too hard basket at the moment. I'll be okay for a little while but it's very stressful.
    I don’t know what to say. Fingers crossed.

AFAIK you just need make a declaration that your income fell by 20%, and you are home and hosed.
    --
    Handy-Cap

That's the challenge we are finding with our clients who are sole traders or partnerships that don't employee staff. Basically the federal and Queensland state government pacakages don't cover them. I hope things work out.

AFAIK you just need make a declaration that your income fell by 20%, and you are home and hosed.
    Are you able to help Pickles out?

I started a mowing business last year, have hardly taken a wage due to drought initially, had a couple of good weeks when it rained and now it’s cooler than it usually is this time of year. Now, I’ve started losing clients because they’ve lost their jobs. A fun career move so far.

My income according to the ato will still be recorded as when I was in fulltime employment, because that’s when I last lodged. My wife had a casual job for 12 months which she lost this week.

My hope, as they said on the tv today, is that they remove any income test or qualification, and the fact she’s lost her job is enough to qualify for the $550 payment.

Thread Information