Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Another Newbie

  1. #1

    Post Another Newbie

    Hi all, Great looking site you have here. I played golf a couple of times a year with mates and thought i could never play this game fulltime, Well how things change.
    Early last year i joined Orchard Hills Golf Club (formerly RAAF Kingswood) and now im bloody addicted to the game.
    Started off with a 32 handicap wich went to 34 real fast . Started to go out and practice and now have got down to 19 .
    My weapons of choice are
    Mizuno mx19s 4/pw
    T/M Burner Driver
    T/M R540 3 wood
    T/M Mid Rescue #3
    And my putter god love it, Craine from Aldi (dont laugh )
    Who said golf was a way to get rid of stress

  2. #2
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Join Date
    Jul 29, 2008
    Location
    Fremantle, WA
    Posts
    6,345

    Default

    Welcome shory
    WITB

    Lowballing since 2009!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Join Date
    Apr 14, 2009
    Posts
    3,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shory View Post
    Hi all, Great looking site you have here. I played golf a couple of times a year with mates and thought i could never play this game fulltime, Well how things change.
    Early last year i joined Orchard Hills Golf Club (formerly RAAF Kingswood) and now im bloody addicted to the game.
    Started off with a 32 handicap wich went to 34 real fast . Started to go out and practice and now have got down to 19 .
    My weapons of choice are
    Mizuno mx19s 4/pw
    T/M Burner Driver
    T/M R540 3 wood
    T/M Mid Rescue #3
    And my putter god love it, Craine from Aldi (dont laugh )




    Welcome to Ozgolf shory. Where abouts is RAAF Kingswood at? Is it a good course?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Join Date
    May 12, 2009
    Posts
    20,178

    Default

    Welcome

  5. #5
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Join Date
    Apr 11, 2006
    Posts
    6,757

    Default

    Welcome shory.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Join Date
    Nov 09, 2008
    Location
    Practice green
    Posts
    7,373

    Default

    Welcome shorty. Craine from Aldi, what's that?
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

  7. #7

    Default

    Thanks for the welcomes fellows
    Who said golf was a way to get rid of stress

  8. #8

    Default

    Parmaster, Orchard Hills is at Penrith. The course is a 5390mtr par 70.
    It has 9 greens with 18 tee off areas.
    The fairways can be a bit patchy in places due to the dry weather so we have 30cm preffered lie.The greenkeeper has put a bit of time into the greens and they have come up nice.
    Its no champion ship course but for $250 a year membership im not complaining.
    Who said golf was a way to get rid of stress

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    Welcome shorty. Craine from Aldi, what's that?

    Crane is a cheap brand of clubs that Aldi shopping centres were selling, I brought my putter from them about 3 years ago. The way i put i could have Tigers putter and still do no good
    Who said golf was a way to get rid of stress

  10. #10
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Join Date
    May 03, 2004
    Location
    Pin high, in the lake
    Posts
    24,560

    Default

    Welcome shory.

    You can remedy teh putter situation by visiting the Pro Shop
    Handic(r)ap | 2019 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap | Winner of the 17-24 July 2016 Celebrity Infinity Open

    7 tours of the Uncivil War


  11. #11
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)
    Join Date
    Mar 05, 2009
    Location
    Central Coast, NSW
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shory View Post
    Crane is a cheap brand of clubs that Aldi shopping centres were selling, I brought my putter from them about 3 years ago. The way i put i could have Tigers putter and still do no good
    Dr. Bob (Rotella) would argue that it is your attitude toward putting that is at fault & not the Crane Though Courty is right... a new putter from the Pro Shop might help as it will no doubt boost your confidence

    Welcome mate.
    Nickent 4DX Tour 9*
    TM V-Steel 15*
    Adams Pro 20* 23*
    Adams CB2 5-PW
    Cleveland Reg.588 - 50/10, 54/12, 58/8
    Odyssey Black 1 wide
    Ping Hoofer




  12. #12
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Join Date
    Apr 28, 2004
    Posts
    5,904

    Default

    Welcome mate.


    RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

    Unitlink

  13. #13
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Join Date
    Apr 21, 2009
    Location
    Flubshank Boulevard
    Posts
    27,715
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    I'm selling a putter

    Welcome mate!

  14. #14

    Default

    Ill be investing in a new putter shortly, Ive got to get threw this weekend first before the boss gives me more money to spend
    Im heading up to Forster toplay in the two day comp they have on , so ill have to stick with the Aldi for the time been
    Who said golf was a way to get rid of stress

  15. #15
    Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 06, 2009
    Location
    Penrith, NSW
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    G'day shory! I always forget about Orchard Hills when it comes to finding new tracks around Penrith to have a hit at (I live in Cranebrook). $250 might be a worthwhile investment too so that I can at least get myself a handicap.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    G'day shory! I always forget about Orchard Hills when it comes to finding new tracks around Penrith to have a hit at (I live in Cranebrook). $250 might be a worthwhile investment too so that I can at least get myself a handicap.
    Kristian, Yes its worth the money, as you say you get your golflink card and can play as a visitor in comps at other courses.
    Another good thing with the course is during the week you can go out and practice and have the course to yourself . Mate if you ever want to go out and have a hit let me know, All you need is photo ID to get in as it is on the Air Force base.
    Who said golf was a way to get rid of stress

  17. #17
    Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 06, 2009
    Location
    Penrith, NSW
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shory View Post
    Kristian, Yes its worth the money, as you say you get your golflink card and can play as a visitor in comps at other courses.
    Another good thing with the course is during the week you can go out and practice and have the course to yourself . Mate if you ever want to go out and have a hit let me know, All you need is photo ID to get in as it is on the Air Force base.
    I'm looking for a place to have a hit next Mon that the golfers around here might not readily flock to - and even with daylight saving kicking in it might be a good option for after work play over the next few months.

  18. #18

    Default

    Sorry mate cant do next Monday, I dont get home from Forster until Tuesday night.
    Who said golf was a way to get rid of stress

  19. #19
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Join Date
    Apr 14, 2009
    Posts
    3,557

    Default

    How about NSW Kristian on Monday?

  20. #20
    Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 06, 2009
    Location
    Penrith, NSW
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    That's okay...was probably going to end up being a "scouting" trip by myself anyway being the public holiday. I might give them a call next week and find out more about arranging a social visit.

  21. #21
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)
    Join Date
    Mar 29, 2008
    Location
    Gunnedah NSW
    Posts
    2,171

    Default

    Welcome shory.

  22. #22
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Join Date
    Sep 11, 2008
    Location
    Anywhere but work
    Posts
    3,449
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Welcome Shory..I spent a lot of time out your way in my younger years, I was a member at Wallacia for a long time.

    Best thing about RAAF was the heavily subsidised beer at the 19th, I'm not sure if it is still that way?
    Golf Map
    WITB: PING G400 Max / Titleist 910F 15 / Titleist TMB 718 2I / Titleist 712MB 4I - PW / PING Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* / PING Sigma G Anser 35" / Titleist ProV1

  23. #23

    Default

    Thanks for the welcomes
    Who said golf was a way to get rid of stress

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minor_Threat View Post
    Welcome Shory..I spent a lot of time out your way in my younger years, I was a member at Wallacia for a long time.

    Best thing about RAAF was the heavily subsidised beer at the 19th, I'm not sure if it is still that way?
    No subsidised beer anymore. They have leased the canteen out privately but the beer isnt to bad at $3 a stubbie. Same deal the canteen is only open on Saturdays wich is a bugger. We have our own fridge stocked with beer and sell it for $2.50 a stubbie when the canteen aint open, Just gotta hope someone is there who has a key to the fridge
    Who said golf was a way to get rid of stress

  25. #25
    Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 06, 2009
    Location
    Penrith, NSW
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParMaster View Post
    How about NSW Kristian on Monday?
    I know I'd be stupid to say no...PM me details and I'll see whether it's a possibility. If not, then I will weep privately.
    Last edited by KristianJ; 29th September 2009 at 09:03 PM.


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie on the course
    By Golfnut in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th April 2010, 10:03 PM
  2. Complete Newbie from Brisbane
    By cj_666 in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 23rd July 2009, 08:40 AM
  3. Hello, newbie here
    By symowallo in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26th March 2009, 11:07 AM
  4. Newbie here!!
    By djhgolf in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 5th February 2008, 02:43 PM
  5. Newbie from Sydney
    By Markinsydney in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 30th January 2008, 01:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Back to top