Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Hmmm, interesting. Razaar, I will see how that goes, heading to the range shortly. Thanks.
    Naturally grippy

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Hey, great tip Razaar, thanks.

I'd just read your post and picked up my driver and...BINGO, eggsactry as you said, the plane of my arms was pointing left (focusing in 'front' of the ball, or left shoulder slightly back). Have been hitting heavy fades OR straight pulls on quite a lot of drives lately...

Blog Entries

OK, update on this.

Whatever I have changed is causing me to struggle with the longer clubs. I am not compensating with the hand and late hip drive as per my original swing video. Clubface was also a little open. Alignment was fine.

However, I got talking to one of the teaching pro's at Burswood who I kinda know. He spent a little over 2 hours with me (for the price of 30min lesson ) and did a good quality video of the swing. He highlighted the exact same issues as Razaar and Virge. I am going to have a few lessons with him to try and work through these things with someone watching me hit balls instead of video's in this thread.

I will continue to post some updates.

By the end of my range time (and 165 balls later) I was hitting the ball a lot straighter.
    Naturally grippy

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

That guy knows how to hit a straight and looong drive.

Blog Entries

He is a genuinely nice bloke and has a great approach to the swing and teaching.
    Naturally grippy

Is it a brown guy?

bloody hell JC, how you hitting them mate?
    I can't hit a the side of a barn from 20mtr atm and Adlo looks to be in the same boat, you know his head will explode at some point on sunday with all the changes he is trying to implement. Hows our 4th playing? i hope he is a gun!

We'll be ok if you guys can get 3 decent drives each and make a few putts.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

That's the only way to improve Adam, under professional supervision. Ask him to fully explain to you the underlying processes involved in the cause and effects of crooked shots. The one thing we can rely on to tell us what we have done is how the ball flys in the air. To be more specific, off-centre impact, off-line swing and clubface off-line to swing. These are the only way to hit crooked shots and a detailed knowledge of how they relate to wood and iron shots is a very valuable asset to have. Look forward to reading about your progress.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Is it a brown guy?
    Yep. South African. Grew up playing basketball and went through high school with his cousin. Have met him a few times over the years. He taught for 6 years at one of SE Asias biggest resorts somewhere in Singapore.
    Quote Originally Posted by simmsy View Post
    bloody hell JC, how you hitting them mate?
    I can't hit a the side of a barn from 20mtr atm and Adlo looks to be in the same boat, you know his head will explode at some point on sunday with all the changes he is trying to implement. Hows our 4th playing? i hope he is a gun!
    I walked away from the range much happier today Simmsy. Will have a prac again tomoz and 18 holes Saturday morning. My brain will be fresh for Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    We'll be ok if you guys can get 3 decent drives each and make a few putts.
    Exactly right. We can both putt simmsy, just need to find A FEW fairways each. Shouldn't be too hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    That's the only way to improve Adam, under professional supervision. Ask him to fully explain to you the underlying processes involved in the cause and effects of crooked shots. The one thing we can rely on to tell us what we have done is how the ball flys in the air. To be more specific, off-centre impact, off-line swing and clubface off-line to swing. These are the only way to hit crooked shots and a detailed knowledge of how they relate to wood and iron shots is a very valuable asset to have. Look forward to reading about your progress.
    Will keep you posted Razaar. The good thing is, I have been hitting a lot of shots out of the middle, which is making it a lot easier to understand what is going on, because it has been consistent.
    Naturally grippy

Just bumping a quality thread.

Adlo, how's the fridge?

Thread Information