Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie1 View Post
    My god these bloody idiots that are after their five mins of fame by arguing with police about masks. I hope they get the corona virus and die a slow and painful death. ****ing idiots.
    I have absolutly no problem with that. It will greatly improve the gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Was at a club down in Nowra on the weekend, young bloke who is the Covid Officer comes up to a punter on an adjacent table and asks him politely to have a seat, the ****wit wants to argue the toss, that was until one of the boys in my group made a suggestion about his future health prospects.

We figured that each of these Covid guys needs a "punch in the head" Officer to accompany them. After non compliance with the polite request the PITHO just unloads.
    That works for me also.

Quote Originally Posted by chappy1970 View Post
    I believe the male equivalent is referred to as a "Kyle" Ron
    Much better fit than Kevin, I LoLed.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

With the current QAnon conspiracy theorists getting their 30 seconds of fame, they are better referred to as Qarens and Qevins.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

I had a similar experience at Bunnings ten years ago, when they told me that I couldn't walk around in bare feet.

The big difference was I comprehended their point, paid for whatever I quickly dropped in for and made sure that I put on shoes for subsequent visits.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Member Teaching Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    I had a similar experience at Bunnings ten years ago, when they told me that I couldn't walk around in bare feet. The big difference was I comprehended their point, paid for whatever I quickly dropped in for and made sure that I put on shoes for subsequent visits.
    And that's how normal people who know the world doesn't revolve around them act. Unfortunately normal people seem to be getting over run by selfish ****ing idiots.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie1 View Post
    And that's how normal people who know the world doesn't revolve around them act. Unfortunately normal people seem to be getting over run by selfish ****ing idiots.
    No getting over run. Normal people just don't get the air time on unsocial media and the news.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Qantas freight facility in Melbourne was closed by Vic Health on Monday and may open tomorrow. this has an impact on freight in/out victoria including inbound international.

I dont know if this means all commercial freight at melbourne airport was closed or it was just qantas, we only have been advised what relates to couriers we use. but whatever the flow on effect will be a snowball.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Qantas freight Melbourne airport still hast re-opened as of today, and no estimated opening date.
    some reports say 4 staff got the virus. hope this doesnt blow out like the other places.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I can't resist raising this issue again after the alleged events of today's anti-lockdown protest.

It is alleged that a protester said words to the effect of 'your horse is racist' to a mounted policeman trying to keep the peace.

There are so many questions that follow such a statement.

I'm just going to take it as proof that some Victorians have gone completely off the deep end. Apparently, 5G does that to you.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

was the policeman keeping the peace or arresting pregnant women?
    --
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Maybe they said 'race - ist' and it was meant as a compliment coming into the Spring Carnival
    "Golf makes different creatures of us all, some worse, some better, but all enthusiastic" Evening Journal, 1897.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I can't resist raising this issue again after the alleged events of today's anti-lockdown protest.

It is alleged that a protester said words to the effect of 'your horse is racist' to a mounted policeman trying to keep the peace.

There are so many questions that follow such a statement.

I'm just going to take it as proof that some Victorians have gone completely off the deep end. Apparently, 5G does that to you.
    I feel for the horse and if it was me I would award a free kick in front of goals for the victim.
    Last edited by thecollective; 24th October 2020 at 10:52 AM.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

A lot of my family and friends are still doing it very tough in Melbourne at the moment. Of all the media written in the past 6 months, this might be the most accurate summary of the whole debacle:

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...3505a063670341

I am impressed to see the media actually write something unflattering about Presidente Dan.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    I am impressed to see the media actually write something unflattering about Presidente Dan.
    If you read anything out of the NewsCorpse stable such as the Herald Sun or the Australian, you would only have the impression that Dan bites the heads of small children for fun and is responsible for every atrocity in history. I giggled at Bexindales work on Twitter yesterday when in 4 hours she went off for the closure before going nuts about opening too quickly. There is nothing the Premier Dan can do right in her ideologically bent mind.

I am not a COVID 19 expert by any stretch, but I impressed that its almost eliminated in Victoria. Judging from the FB posts of my former footy team mates and family down there, its been an exceptionally difficult challenge to everyone the longer it went on. Hopefully a full reopening can occur and Victoria can adjust to the new normal that the rest of the country has enjoyed for the last 4 or 5 months.

The cost to people and the state is yet to be determined, but considering Victoria and the UK had similar case numbers 3 months ago, Victoria having 0 new cases in 3 days versus the UK having 120000 new cases this week alone suggests that a tough but correct decision was made if you put a value on human life.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    The cost to people and the state is yet to be determined, but considering Victoria and the UK had similar case numbers 3 months ago, Victoria having 0 new cases in 3 days versus the UK having 120000 new cases this week alone suggests that a tough but correct decision was made if you put a value on human life.
    That assumes that the same result could not have been achieved with less strict restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    That assumes that the same result could not have been achieved with less strict restrictions.
    That is correct. The do-nothing approach has not been a success if you use the US as a barometer.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...gtype=Homepage

Chopperlink

WITB

If you read anything out of the NewsCorpse stable such as the Herald Sun or the Australian
    I have no idea what is in Newscorps stable and what is not. I understand you just told me, but in 5 minutes I wont remember ( because I dont care ) nor will i understand the relevance
    That is correct. The do-nothing approach has not been a success if you use the US as a barometer.
    Interesting comparisons. The leading cause in the cities with highest death rates is attributed to Democrat governers putting covid patients into aged care homes.

I have been chatting with my american friends, mostly they roll out the line " the cure cant be worse than the virus" Dan certainly made sure of that one.I dont know what the best solution is, but I am very certain that running a police state is completely unnecessary.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Americans love a bit of ‘give me liberty or give me death’. For COVID they chose death and continue to choose it.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...gtype=Homepage
    "Do nothing" is not the same as "less strict restrictions".

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Two things really disappoint me about Australian media coverage of the virus and the strategy to fight it.

There seems to be little unbiased reporting of the facts. Its either Dictator Dan, or Dan is God, with not much effort to actually analyse what has been done or what should be done.

I'd like to know what we have done correctly compared to what the UK, France, Italy or Spain have done. But such analysis is very difficult to find.

I guess it doesn't help much that so-called experts like the WHO keep changing their mind.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    "Do nothing" is not the same as "less strict restrictions".
    Andy this is now an impossible question to answer, without Science advancing to the point where time travel is practically possible or we have a fully fitted out and operable DeLorean, as well the right atmospheric conditions.

In my opinion, it's very difficult for those outside Victoria, and probably more specifically greater Melbourne, to understand how challenging lock down has been. I'm the first to admit that I have had it far easier than many other Melbournians, given I had a secure job that carried me through with a regular salary, whereas I know many others, most with families, that needed to survive on Jobkeeper or Jobseeker. Not being able to play regular golf or tennis was something that I really struggled with, coupled with having 5 (2 adults wfh and 3 children home schooling) of us all in the same house for the majority day, was an exercise in patience and gives you a completely different outlook on those around you. I feel confident in saying that I wasn't always the easiest person to live with during this period, and some days were a real struggle. The 3.5 hours I spent on the golf course last Sunday were some of my favourite hours over the last few months, and that includes turning 50 during Iso, which was no thrill.

I know a number of small business owners in Melbourne, some of which took the opportunity, likely out of desperation, to pivot and do things differently or augment their business with new product and/or services. With lock down now over, these businesses will almost certainly flourish, and many many more, have the high potential to fail or have already done so. This is a situation that I have no experience with, and I really feel for these people and these families, and they probably should be quite rightly angry and upset.

I'm not an overly politically active person, I take an interest, because I think you need to, but I typically keep my views on politics to myself. The question of the effect that "less strict restrictions" would have had, is in the same bracket of how the opposition party would have handled the pandemic, impossible to answer.
    The lock down situation in Melbourne is yet another example of where I keep my views to myself, but I have a number of friends in Melbourne who take to Social Media, some who still do, often many times a day to voice their strong opinion. I can only imagine because they must believe that the various political parties take note of this vitriol and adjust their decisions and policies accordingly. This is clearly not a new phenomenon, but it has taken on an entirely different guise under the current circumstances. This fixation by many Melbournians has led to significant mental health issues, and with more than 1 of them being told to stop by their partners, as it was dominating their thinking and behaviour from the start to the end of each day.

I don’t know much about contact tracing, and I can tell you straight up, I’ve not had a COVID test yet. I can also tell you that I’ve lived in Melbourne all my life and I know a great deal of people, but I still do not know anyone personally who has tested positive for COVID. With this virus being almost entirely reliant on human interaction, and unfortunately, that is what we do best, and with many parts of our society struggling to complying with this ask, I can see the potentially for reoccurrence to be inevitable. We need to look no further than the significant numbers that are being seen throughout Europe and the US. As an example, whilst I can’t confirm it, I heard that a group of students form University in the UK was hosting a COVID party and the only people who were invited to the party were those that had tested positive for COVID, if this is the case, the spread will get far worse before it gets better.

Now I know lock down doesn’t compare to a Concentration camp or solitary confinement, but I can tell you first hand, that in spite of being surrounded by my family, it was incredibly isolating and something that I’d be keen to avoid in the future if possible.

I think this post has more text in it than all my posts from last year combined. Sorry for that.
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I'd like to know what we have done correctly compared to what the UK, France, Italy or Spain have done. But such analysis is very difficult to find.
    We are a small population isolated island at the arse end of the earth and closed the border. That gives us a huge advantage over Europe and America.
    It doesnt matter what we did, we were never going to get as bad as those places.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Member Club Champion

There is plenty of decisions that Dan and his government have made that i've been critical of. I lived in regional vic when the total lockdown began and moved into metropolitan melbourne halfway through what was meant to be a 6 week lockdown.

Looking back on it one of the most frustrating things was how long it took for the government to take proper action. I think a lot of victorians were all for tough restrictions to try and lessen the impact of the virus early on but waiting for weeks when daily case numbers were in the hundreds was a huge ****up in my opinion that obviously made the eventual lockdown a lot longer and tough on people and businesses.

Then the regular shifting of the goalposts while in lockdown was just one blow after another for so many people already struggling.

It's been a lot harder than I expected and i still haven't been able to see any of my friends/family who i moved away from but at least we have some light at the end of the tunnel now.

well we find out in 2 days how badly Victorians are afflicted with Stockholm syndrome.

The greatest dictator does seem to have decided to make it fairer in his own electorate by not riding on the wave of his popularity, with most of the local billboards not showing his face, and barely mentioning his name, but rather promoting the Labor party.
    --
    Handy-Cap

If the Victorian opposition were remotely competent, the election would be close.

But they have proven time and time again that they are not, and despite the best efforts of 9Fax and the Hun, Dan will be returned.

Chopperlink

WITB

Thread Information