Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Victoria is great!!! To visit. It's a lot like London for me. The weather is so miserable it's a forced "culture". If it was cold and wet up here all the time, we'd spend more time in the cafes, pubs and at the football on the piss, but instead we have plenty of options to do other stuff. Just like London.

but as I said, awesome place to visit, but **** living there!.

I must be so far up myself cos I didn't even know that people don't like Victorians!!!! I thought everybody love us.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

No, they all love you Reenie it's the rest of the state they hate.

If you start out depressed everything’s kind of a pleasant surprise.
    WITB: stuff.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Seriously though as West Australian's you are brought up to hate Victoria. Sure we look down on all the other states as well, but Victoria we hate. Why is that?
    It can't just be them claiming all our good footy players??
    Because those two states are fighting for the bronze medal.

You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I travelled with about 9-10 Vics in 2006 and every time they got three beers under their belt, they wanted to have a "Melbourne is better than Sydney" argument. To me, that sums up the "chip on your shoulder" attitude that annoys plenty of Sydneysiders.

Everyone thinks their own dung pile is better, because it's what they know and love.

I hear Melbourne is pretty cool, so why can't it and Sydney both just be cool cities that are good fun to live in, with quite different attractions?

And then there's the constant harping about Brad Hodge et al...

Over the last few yeas I would average 20+ trips a year to Meblourne, I love the place.

I would move there in a heart beat. Probably a few people could get over themselves in regards to their golf courses.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I have never really understood why this is the case so please give me your HONEST thoughts in this thread .
    very clever Jack, ask a serious question that was always only going to bring out a bunch of narrow minded stereotypical bigoted hogwash.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, yet they are always wankers over there

If we lived in Europe, we would hate the French, it happens everywhere, yet if something unites them, they become best mates - eg ANZAC

It seems that on this forum (......seem to have some issues with the people of/and or the State of Victoria.
    I always got the impression it was the other way around.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Blog Entries

Have lived for extended periods in both Sydney and Melbourne. Would never live in Sydney again. However I will agree that Vics are a different bunch and take some getting used to. This is the case with all states however..
    Golf Map | WITB: Titleist TSR3 9* / Titleist 917F 3W 13.5* / PING G430 5W 17* / Titleist T100S 4I - PW / Vokey SM9 50-8*, 55-10*, 60-10* / PING Sigma2 Kushin C 35.5" / Titleist ProV1

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

blakey, I asked the question because I was interested in the answers, which to date haven't really come up with a whole lot of substance. And I'm suprised that no one came up with the most obvious answer :- "Because Jack lives there!"

Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post

If we lived in Europe, we would hate the French
    You don't have to live in Europe to hate the French

The French are great, it's the f**king Londoners you need to watch out for. Highest concentration of c**ts I have come across.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

blakey, I asked the question because I was interested in the answers, which to date haven't really come up with a whole lot of substance. And I'm suprised that no one came up with the most obvious answer :- "Because Jack lives there!"

Jack.
    but Jack I have a T-shirt that says "Jack Lives Here", now i am confused.

My opinion is that I live here in Sydney and probably could live in any city in Australia. My work would more than likely mean it would be a capital city but so be it.

Melbourne - have not been there too many times as an adult so I have only really seen the city itself & the people around there. I could handle it down there I reckon.

Brisbane - It does seem a little like it closes when the Street lights come on. I do like the Sunshine Coast area though.

Perth - I loved this place in the late 80', early 90's, I spent a fair bit of time there around the Mounts Bay area and loved it. We were off to Claremont, Northbridge & ventured off to Freo. Was a great party town. Aberdeen Pub and Steve's down at Mounts Bay were the haunts for us while we were over there.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

which to date haven't really come up with a whole lot of substance.
    but you didnt expect any either.

From memory the Vics and the Croweaters have a thing going as well, if not its certainly one way. The Crowies I worked with in Darwin definitely hated the vics with a passion.

The funny thing was, when I arrived there, they laughed at me cos they thought i would drink XXXX being from Qld, cos they said I had to drink VB up there. I didnt drink XXXX anyway, but i switched to it just to make a point. Which was, after I had a few, i asked, how come you all drink VICTORIA Bitter then?

No answer.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

I live in Brisbane and whilst I don't mind it, if my wife didn't have me so firmly under the thumb we'd be either living in Melbourne or the UK both for career reasons as well as lifestyle and family/friends.
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Banned

Where is Dandenong in relation to Melbourne and are there any good ares and golf courses around there?

It's the equivalent of Logan
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Banned

no wonder a drug company does so well there then

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
    The French are great.
    Yep, best pilots in the world.

You locked this yet Jack ???

Does Melbourne have the highest population of Greeks next to Athens or more than Athens?
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    The funny thing was, when I arrived there, they laughed at me cos they thought i would drink XXXX being from Qld, cos they said I had to drink VB up there. I didnt drink XXXX anyway, but i switched to it just to make a point. Which was, after I had a few, i asked, how come you all drink VICTORIA Bitter then?

No answer.
    It's unlike you to be deliberately contrary, Blake.

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    Does Melbourne have the highest population of Greeks next to Athens or more than Athens?
    Unless it's changed recently (and without checking any stats), I've regularly heard that Melbourne has the second highest Greek population behind Athens.

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    That is a myth that gets kicked around a lot.

Even if we are generous and say there are 100k greeks in Melbourne then that wouldn't cover the top 10 cities of Greece.
    The secret of golf it to turn three shots in two. - Bobby Jones

A tale of golfing mediocrity

http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/info...op=161&pg=1643

Melbourne seems to have more of a Greek population than your estimate Bruce more than 600,000.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

The biggest problem with Victoria is that it is full of Victorians.
    Forum needs more banter.

Thread Information