Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1059 of 1095 FirstFirst ... 59 559 959 1009 1049 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1069 ... LastLast
Results 26,451 to 26,475 of 27363
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

(Over the last 3 or so weeks) A few investments made after making a huge dent in the joining fee...

- Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized Rangefinder, so good for shaky hands.

- TM Sim Max D 3wood (16 degrees, almost call it a 4wood now), with the lightest feeling shaft I have ever tried, (UST Helium) I can see why they have named it accordingly, hopefully it also launches the ball up in the air off the deck and offer a bit more forgiveness than my M5. My funky Yonex won't go far enough so this will hopefully do the trick.

Almost forgot:
    TM HiToe2 52/07, Project X LZ 5.5 shaft (due next week), 1/2 inch longer

TM big foot 58 wedge with a whopping 15 degrees of bounce - this thing should be banned!

Another putter, don't really want to talk about it, had a few reds one night and then surfing on the bay, won the auction with a minimum bid. S7K putter, $100 posted, has been really helpful as a training aid for alignment (being that its self standing)

First game coming next week after a 6 week break. Hopefully my back holds up and all the above works for me (after a lubricated lunch).
    Last edited by thecollective; 4th May 2021 at 02:47 PM.

Member Teaching Pro

Thanks for the rundown. A question though, why was your previous clubfit through Drummond Golf disappointing?

Cheers

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BVB21 View Post
    So finally have received all my clubs (wedges came this morning)An update for those who asked. Played 3 rounds with all except just today with the wedges.Driver - Mizuno ST-Z 9.5 Mitsubishi Tensei White 70g X Flex. score A - This thing is a bomber. Easily 20m further on centre hits then my previous driver. Also much better forgiveness with off centre hits but it's much easier to find the centre then the TaylorMade I was playing. Drove a 280m par 4 a couple of days ago.Driving Irons - Mizuno MP20 HMB 2 (16 Degrees) and 3 Iron (19 Degrees) KBS $Taper 130g X FlexScore A+ - My Favourite clubs on the bag. These clubs are easy to hit and just go a mile. I hit the 3 iron through the fairway (220m) into the wind. Previously that would be 190 with my current 3 iron which is 21 degrees. Irons - Mizuno JPX921 Tour (4-GW) KBS $Taper 130g X Flex Score A - These are a little bigger in size than my previous irons and the extra forgiveness is nice but they aren't as easy to shape. Having said that I had 1 birdie in 8 rounds with my old clubs and have 6 in 3 rounds with these clubs so the results speak for them themselves. These clubs just are much more accurate. Wedges - Mizuno T20 55/13 and 60/6Score - A/A+ hard to say after one round but holed out on 17 from the bunker so that is a nice way to start. They feel great and are very consistent with the spin. I don't think they spin as much as other wedges but they are much more consistent which gives you confidence.All in all these clubs are great but i wouldn't have gotten these results without a great fitting.My old clubs were a poor fit from Drummond golf. Did it right this time and the results have paid off.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Not much, just an Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid bag, Arccos Sensors plus Link bundle, 2 dozen Z-stars, and a belt.

What happened to the titleist bag ?

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Too much black and red for me.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

A 13ft WellPutt putting mat - like this one.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Club glove iron covers
    CLEVELAND TL310 8.5* Grafalloy Blue X
    18* BALDO Competzione Graf Blue X
    I:Cleveland 588 Pro CB KBS X
    W: Ping Glide 3.0 KBS X
    P:Wilson 8802
    B:TP5
    B:Titleist Staff Stand
    S: Air Jordan 5

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Bushy didnt you already have a very good putting mat? Or was that county
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    I've been curious about experimenting with a face-balanced putter for a while, but haven't been keen on spending $400+ in case it doesn't work out. So I grabbed a Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier (US only black finish) No. 11 from RBG. Should be here in the next few days.
    How did this go?

The Huntington Beach Soft and Soft Premiers (along with some of the Infinite models) are surely the best putter bargain in golf. I went the opposite way in a Huntington Soft 11s to see how i handle toe hang in a fang putter without spending too much. The idea was to maybe lash out on a Cameron 2021 5.5 down the track.

The 11s is just superb and there's certainly no hurry doing anything else. It's written all over the internet how these models will go toe to toe with Cameron, Odyssey, Toulon and all the rest with ease and many actually prefer them to the big dollar models. Very simple putters that really get it done. I love the short compact front to back and face width on the 11. Such a meaty putter.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Bushy didnt you already have a very good putting mat? Or was that county
    Yes I have the PuttOut matt too.

It’s only 6ft though, so I got this one because it’s 4m.

The WellPutt has lots of different putting elements to it compared to the others I’ve used. Comes with a book of 40-50 pages with putting games and practice. Only got it last night as I’ve been away but it’s pretty great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuclearOne View Post
    How did this go?

The Huntington Beach Soft and Soft Premiers (along with some of the Infinite models) are surely the best putter bargain in golf. I went the opposite way in a Huntington Soft 11s to see how i handle toe hang in a fang putter without spending too much. The idea was to maybe lash out on a Cameron 2021 5.5 down the track.

The 11s is just superb and there's certainly no hurry doing anything else. It's written all over the internet how these models will go toe to toe with Cameron, Odyssey, Toulon and all the rest with ease and many actually prefer them to the big dollar models. Very simple putters that really get it done. I love the short compact front to back and face width on the 11. Such a meaty putter.
    Best bargain in golf- I’ve got the 11 as well.

How did this go?
    It's arrived, but I haven't used it yet. There's a few tournaments on around now & I wasn't keen on putting an unfamiliar putter into play for them. I'm a bit funny like that with putters.

I bought a Lamkin Deep-Etched to put on it also as I'm not a fan of the stock grip. Will probably swap them today.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Best bargain in golf- I’ve got the 11 as well.
    Bang on Bushy.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

It's arrived, but I haven't used it yet. There's a few tournaments on around now & I wasn't keen on putting an unfamiliar putter into play for them. I'm a bit funny like that with putters.

I bought a Lamkin Deep-Etched to put on it also as I'm not a fan of the stock grip. Will probably swap them today.
    Yeah going from face balanced to toe hang and vice versa can be a potential snag. Having said that mine was pretty easy to acclimatize to.

Mine came minus the stock grip so that was a plus.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Default What have you bought this weekend for golf

Bang on Bushy.
    I could buy 3-4 more and still be less than a corresponding Scotty.

Although it was Max Homa’s custom putter he used to win the LA Open that got me onto them.

Been rolling the spots off it since I got it, today was a perfect example. A couple more lip burners drop and it could’ve been anything.

Last edited by BUSHY; 8th May 2021 at 02:56 PM.

I could buy 3-4 more and still be less than a corresponding Scotty.

Although it was Max Homa’s custom putter he used to win the LA Open that got me onto them.

Been rolling the spots off it since I got it, today was a perfect example. A couple more lip burners drop and it could’ve been anything.

Mate great work!!! Between this and a boatload of Ping how could you go wrong!
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Yes I have the PuttOut matt too. It’s only 6ft though, so I got this one because it’s 4m. .
    Oh yeah thats a big difference. I imagine 6ft is too short
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Oh yeah thats a big difference. I imagine 6ft is too short
    Just limiting, I’ve got a good setup at home now.

Sun Mountain Maverick cart bag

Picked up a new (2nd hand) Odyssey O Works 7 off eBay, time to phase out the 15yo Odyssey No1

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Ventus Blue Velocore 8S to go into my Titleist U510 2 iron. Had a HZRDUS Black Smoke in it, just launches too low. See how it goes tomorrow.
    WITB (27/12/2022):Titleist TSR3 10 (Tour AD-DI 7S), Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Tour AD-95R), Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi (Project X U R), Titleist T300 4-P (DG AMT R), TItleist SM8 50.12, 54.8, 58.8 (DG), Scotty Cameron Monoblok 6.5 (35”, LA Golf Soho)

On Friday but I bought a new bag, buggy and a jacket for the cooler mornings. I'd been wanting to upgrade the bag and buggy for a while, having one of the old two wheel ones was wearing me out a bit much dragging the weight around for hours and I'd blow out towards the end of rounds.

The new one is one of those triumph voyager deluxe or whatever it's called, with the seat on the side. Three wheels, front one rotates. Gave it a run yesterday and I was much less tired nearing the end of the round, it's a lot easier to move around the course. Even though I didn't play that well I enjoyed it a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Three wheels, front one rotates.
    I'd like to think that they all rotate!
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

I'd like to think that they all rotate!
    Hahah yeah of course, I meant in a steering type way. It can be locked in a straight position as well, which might stop it going all over the place if I let it run down hills 🤣

A pair of Taylormade hi toe big foot wedges in 58 and 56.

Have bent them to 57 and 53 respectively. Fills my gap between my 50 and 60.

Will be used for mostly full shots, the 57 (now with 14 bounce) will be good from heavy lies and sand, or hitting lower pitch shots
    In the bag

Taylormade Stealth 2 9.0 - AD DI 7X, Taylormade Sim 5 wood - AD DI 8X, P790 2/5-GW S300 AMT, Taylormade Hi Toe 53/14, 57/14, 60/10, Taylormade Spider, Taylormade 2018 staff bag

Thread Information