Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1056 of 1095 FirstFirst ... 56 556 956 1006 1046 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1066 ... LastLast
Results 26,376 to 26,400 of 27370
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    I love my srixons, and the modus shafts. Did you get the 120s?
    Yep, (writing this down off the shaft): MODUS 3 TOUR120 FLEX S

Feel very light in the handle compared to my normal gamer Project X LZ 5.5

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I believe they've got a fairly distinct bend profile - but I don't have any other irons I play regularly to compare them with.

I have the z585 4 to Pw and a zx utility all with modus 125 stiff I built myself. Best iron shaft I have played and don't feel heavy at all.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Had a hit with the ZX-7's on the range this arvo, had to get them modified a bit (shaft extenders etc.) to get them similar to my blade setup.

Very nice looking clubs. They have that PING style water repellent finish, similar also to the Callaway matt gloss. Slightly chunkier than my Mp-20's but still slim enough to look pretty at address.

Very LONG out of the middle. Forgiveness is also pretty good. The feel is nice, similar to Mizuno (dark/thuddy) and not tinny/bright like Callaway or PING. Modus shafts are very head heavy but it didn't help that I put extenders on. Almost feel like a graphite shaft but hey they were flying perfect off the face.

Very impressed for the price. Not Mizuno MP quality I admit but not far off and for under 1k im very happy. Rate them better than the JPX 900/919 on feel

Very similar club to my old MP-54's or the MP-18SC
    Cheers for the feedback. I'll definitely give them a spin at some point.

Simmsy just messaged that he was able to demo the ZX5 against the TM 990 (the two he's been considering) and the Srixons won the battle.

Yep, (writing this down off the shaft): MODUS 3 TOUR120 FLEX S

Feel very light in the handle compared to my normal gamer Project X LZ 5.5
    Interesting choices. I currently play the Modus 120 X, but the Mizzy shaft optimiser liked PX LZ 6.0 for me. I've also hit the $ Taper stiff recently and really liked that shaft as well.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Johnny have you had much to do with the mizzy shaft optimiser? I went for an iron fit yesterday and the top 4 came up as all X flex 125g-130g. Current irons I have are fit with kbs 90 in reg flex.

I ended up settling on PX 6.0 as found all the X flex recommend to be to much for me.

Not sure that it was just me thinking to big a jump or wrong data popped up from them start?

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Pingsta's stenson legacys

Cannot wait to try them

Probs my favourite club of all time

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by bdoug10 View Post
    Johnny have you had much to do with the mizzy shaft optimiser? I went for an iron fit yesterday and the top 4 came up as all X flex 125g-130g. Current irons I have are fit with kbs 90 in reg flex.

I ended up settling on PX 6.0 as found all the X flex recommend to be to much for me.

Not sure that it was just me thinking to big a jump or wrong data popped up from them start?
    Were the previous ones fit with the Optimiser?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreko View Post
    Pingsta's stenson legacysCannot wait to try themProbs my favourite club of all time Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
    Nice pickup. Now that you’ve bought the originals does that mean you’ll sell mine back to me?!
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Were the previous ones fit with the Optimiser?
    No fit by the old pro and my course with just a lie board and his eye

No fit by the old pro and my course with just a lie board and his eye
    From everything I have seen with my own Mizzie’s and other fittings the Optimiser don’t lie. Sometimes the top 3 and next 3 can be misinterpreted but in terms of data they’re pretty close to spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    From everything I have seen with my own Mizzie’s and other fittings the Optimiser don’t lie. Sometimes the top 3 and next 3 can be misinterpreted but in terms of data they’re pretty close to spot on.
    Yeah ok makes me feel a bit better then. I was worried the 6.0 would be to much but the dispersion was very tight. No idea if I was hitting them longer then my current as I was more focused on accuracy. I did try the 6.5 and dg x but they felt to boardy for me

Yeah ok makes me feel a bit better then. I was worried the 6.0 would be to much but the dispersion was very tight. No idea if I was hitting them longer then my current as I was more focused on accuracy. I did try the 6.5 and dg x but they felt to boardy for me
    I went the other way last set, which after a year has been the best set of irons I’ve ever used.

Swing speed with 7 iron was consistent 80mph thru the whole fitting. A few at 79 few at 82 but mostly all 80

Three TP5x pix balls. Started using these recently and been really happy with them. Mostly nice and straight with the longer clubs and enough spin to make pitches and chips stop pretty quickly. Keen to try the TP5 to compare at some point. Not worried about being Pix or not although they are easy to identify which is mine.Now that I've stopped losing balls every round I don't mind going for a more expensive ball if it'll perform how I want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Nice pickup. Now that you’ve bought the originals does that mean you’ll sell mine back to me?!
    Haha I have 2 sets of 2013 and 1 set of stensons now, I might have a legacy addiction . If the stensons go alright then yep probs sell the 2013 set

A PXG One&Done Putter!

Oh and a set of Legacy Black Stensons !!
    Last edited by perci; 12th March 2021 at 10:00 PM.
    Proud to use Circle"B" Sun Protection!

Quote Originally Posted by perci View Post
    A PXG One&Done Putter!

Oh and a set of Legacy Black Stensons !!
    Hopefully not from pingsta's

Senior Member Major Winner

same issue here, requested refund. Standard Z Star no good (compared to the XV)

Anyone able to offer pricing of what they paid for their srixon?
    i'm close to pulling the pin on a set of ZX5. had another hit with them this morning.
    i've been quoted $195 club/ Modus105 and stock grips. that seem about right?

I paid $180/club at Balmain Golf in Sydney

TM Flexlite stand bag in grey/black/red colourway. Fits nicely between my Ping Moonlite and larger Titleist carry bag. It's a small-mid size carry I suppose. Good for practice but could also take a full set with ease.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Don’t know if it counts as I don’t have them yet but, ordered a set of Titleist T200 4-Gap with px6.0 and a Sim 2 Max with hazardous green 6.0.

Now I just have to wait ☹️☹️

Grabbed a dozen TP5x on eBay last night, hoping they arrive before the weekend. Discounted as they're not current ones, maybe a year or two ago but new. I tried a TP5 on Sunday but preferred the other one, although I did get a bit better stopping on the greens with it. Might revisit at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Grabbed a dozen TP5x on eBay last night, hoping they arrive before the weekend. Discounted as they're not current ones, maybe a year or two ago but new. I tried a TP5 on Sunday but preferred the other one, although I did get a bit better stopping on the greens with it. Might revisit at some point.
    I love the greenside spin of the TP5, but I can’t hit a full wedge into a green with one as I suck it back 10-15 metres. Makes back pines impossible to get at.

I just ordered some TP5x
    In the bag

Taylormade Stealth 2 9.0 - AD DI 7X, Taylormade Sim 5 wood - AD DI 8X, P790 2/5-GW S300 AMT, Taylormade Hi Toe 53/14, 57/14, 60/10, Taylormade Spider, Taylormade 2018 staff bag

TP5x are the longest balls I've used, but I find them to be a bit less durable (and more expensive) compared to srixon balls, which are cheaper and almost as long. If I wasn't paying for them I'd be using the TP5x.

Thread Information