Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default The reason I love golf forums

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Some great stuff there Scott.

I also like the fact that one of the guys plays at a course called Beaver Creek. Now that's a course I could get it to.

It's always plays pretty moist, I'm told.

I'm guessing he's using the extra stiff flex at Beaver Creek

I don't want to ruin it, but this just breaks me up

funny thing is that i would have never found the ball unless the guys in my group drove over to the next fairway. they have been playing the course for some 40+ year and said they have never seen a drive that long

goughy

I obviously don't buy the newest most up to date tour issued tour shafted tour gripped tour ripped toured drivers!!!

goughy

Quote Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
    It's always plays pretty moist, I'm told.

I'm guessing he's using the extra stiff flex at Beaver Creek

I don't want to ruin it, but this just breaks me up
    I'm sure if he unzipped they would still be impressed with his length!!!

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Bunch whimps, fancy taking a driver on a par 5!

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Hahaha, at least someone on golfwrx has a sense of humour:

548 yard par 3, i put it over the green with a 3 iron...

i was feeling really good that day...

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

I hit one 300m once. Sure, it was at Barnbougle with a 20knott tailwind on the downhill 11th...

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

I had an interesting drive at Maryborough Golf Club in the 60's. Had only been playing golf for 3 months (warwick) and spent a weekend with a mate visiting his folks (Gary Werder - now a member of Cairns GC). Following a morning session at the pub, we lined up for a game in the local comp. My drive on the first (par-4) was a huge slice out of bounds, which bounced downhill on the bitumen road got jamed off the tyre of a car turning into the street and shot back onto the course beside one of the group in front who was chipping on to the green. I believe it is the longest drive ever on that hole. I think the ball was the small 1.62 penfold.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

512 metres.

Finally connected onto one on the 18th tee, but lost it in the setting sun. Wasn't in any of the usual places, so declared lost and wiped the hole.

Found it the following week in the $2 basket, beside the pro's cash register.

You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

"My longest drive is about 200, but I routinely hit the ball from the back tee box to the front tee box. I'm AWFUL."

I like the honesty in this post lol.

I may have the longest negative drive at Wantima GC. Driving off the back tee on 11th, semi topped the ball which hit the timber border in front of the tee box, flew back over our heads over the OB fence and hit a passing vehicle on the highway. The driver reversed and gave us all a mouthful.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

The big drinks were on you, hey Raz. I must admit I have had a negative drive also, same thing hit the sleeper on the front of the elevated tee box and nearly hit my cart partner, it's mighty embarrassing to say the least.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

I hit a 300m drive downwind at Pac Harbour during the champs. It was a bit breezy. Next hole was into the wind and went about 160.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

A teacher I had a primary school claimed to have the world record for the longest six ever in cricket.

He was from India, and claimed the ball he hit landed in the back of a goods train, which stopped some 3500km from where it passed them.

He told that story at least once a week for 5 years
    Handicaped

G10 9* / G10 17* / Idea Pro / MP-60/MP-32 / 588's / Rossie 2

www.jcgolf.com.au

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

"If you guys think those are long drives check this out...

About 4 years ago (I was 12) I was playing Augusta National (from the tips) with Tiger Woods. I was on the 13th hole and I was feeling it. So I took out my US Kids Golf Air Kicker 280 (that's 280 cc's!!!) driver and just nutted one. I played a power draw and it curved right around the corner and landed just in front of the creek. That's at least 500 yds guys. I looked at Tiger and said how about them apples??? Tiger was amazed. He then proceeded to hit his girly 2 iron down the fairway. I guess he wasn't using a Top Flite D2 ball...

These threads are always hilarious "

Yep, there's obviously more wankers there than here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    "If you guys think those are long drives check this out...

About 4 years ago (I was 12) I was playing Augusta National (from the tips) with Tiger Woods. I was on the 13th hole and I was feeling it. So I took out my US Kids Golf Air Kicker 280 (that's 280 cc's!!!) driver and just nutted one. I played a power draw and it curved right around the corner and landed just in front of the creek. That's at least 500 yds guys. I looked at Tiger and said how about them apples??? Tiger was amazed. He then proceeded to hit his girly 2 iron down the fairway. I guess he wasn't using a Top Flite D2 ball...

These threads are always hilarious "
    Why are people like this not locked away?

Classic post though
    Naturally grippy

Blog Entries

This ones from an ISG thread

"I spent $900 on a tour van issue TP burner, only took 3 days to arrive from Hong Kong. (no head cover of course)
    First time I hit it, it was like the sun exploded!!!
    My tour issue ProV1 ($145/doz(3 days from Hong Kong)) started out a little low and a little left, but I was allowing for the usual power fade. With a dog leg right, and only 347m to the green, I knew this was going to be something special.
    I watched in awe as the ball cannoned into the lady’s tee marker, the 0.68 of a second it took to come back past me, was not enough time for me to realize, I wasn’t Adam Gilchrist. I flung myself to the left, and with outstretched arm, looked on in disbelief as the ball tore thru my fingers.Thank God for Kangaroo scrotum’s.
    I knew I was going to hit the ground hard, but what I hadn’t figured on was my tee.
    The guys from the ambulance said they had seen many punctured lungs, but couldn’t remember one like this.
    Last time I use tour issue tee’s"

Blog Entries

Thanks for that. Pissed myself
    Naturally grippy

Blog Entries

He also hits a lob wedge 150m everytime, stopping it exactly where he wants to

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

I just thought of this story when you guys were talking bout your negative tee shots!!

I joined up with a group of 3 guys while playing a social round one day, two of the guys were fairly decent but the other one was hopeless and they let him know, they were sledging the poor bastard on every tee shot! On one of the tee shots one of the guys says to me "You better watch out here mate, you see that pole holding up that wire fencing, he's bound to hit it and it'll come straight back and hit you". We laughed............will lets just say that guy predicted his own fate!! A massive bruise from the ball hitting off said pole and coming back and hitting him square on the shin!! I couldn't believe it, The guy who took the tee shot had the last laugh that day!!

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    I had an interesting drive at Maryborough Golf Club in the 60's. Had only been playing golf for 3 months (warwick) and spent a weekend with a mate visiting his folks (Gary Werder - now a member of Cairns GC). Following a morning session at the pub, we lined up for a game in the local comp. My drive on the first (par-4) was a huge slice out of bounds, which bounced downhill on the bitumen road got jamed off the tyre of a car turning into the street and shot back onto the course beside one of the group in front who was chipping on to the green. I believe it is the longest drive ever on that hole. I think the ball was the small 1.62 penfold.
    Your kidding me, that was you?

I heard that happened at Gympie though, same scenario, except it was a hook down the Bruce Highway.

Oh wait a second, the 1st hole it Maryborough is internal? you sure you are not doing a Dwayne here?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Your kidding me, that was you?

I heard that happened at Gympie though, same scenario, except it was a hook down the Bruce Highway.

Oh wait a second, the 1st hole it Maryborough is internal? you sure you are not doing a Dwayne here?
    No mate in the 60's you crossed the road from the clubhouse to the first tee and there was a road running down the right of the first hole, at least that is my memory of it. So long ago & only played it once who knows if it was 1 or 4 or 7, whatever the hole is left of the road - there is only one. You tell me.
    Last edited by razaar; 6th May 2009 at 06:19 PM.

Actually i have played there more than you, twice last one in 84, and i dont recall much except that the clubhouse is a million miles from any road

I guess there was some changes, or as you said another hole, the only hole with a road right, is at one end of the course and is about the 7th, and from memory is a flat fairway and then downhill to the green, mid length par 4
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information