Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 460 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 11482

Thread: Ebay bargains.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Both fake, sorry If you can get one under $200 I'd be a little worried, 2 for that and I'd be running. Check completed listings, he has seriously sold about 40 pairs in the past week.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Thank you oh wise ebay guru...

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Looks like a good deal http://cgi.ebay.com/Adidas-GOLF-Clim...95f67213b#shId
    Maybe a group buy could be in order?

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by bdoug10 View Post
    Looks like a good deal http://cgi.ebay.com/Adidas-GOLF-Clim...95f67213b#shId
    Maybe a group buy could be in order?

Megawatty is good at those!

dave1

Quote Originally Posted by goonie View Post
    If this sort of stuff keeps happening they are going to want to get there money back thru higher ebay fees or making paypal cover an extra cost. It will be just like insurance, if too many people abuse it everyone will pay higher premiums to cover it.
    Ok I got refunded today for the cobra limited s3 that I never saw so what's the issue?

one of paypals selling points is that it protects customers....so again they advertise that fact

its the first time I have been caught out no big deal.

Ebay was actually down a bit till paypal stepped in and offered people some security so again if its been offered then why not take the odd punt. Not every cheap club is a fake...in this case the club which i never saw never existsed (so yes its a fake...OXYGEN club..made from pure rare air...)........Like I said before its better to actuallty not recieve a club than it is to recieve a fake....much easier to get funds back.

has it soured my ebay buying, no way?...still in front ion terms of win loss

So I ordered one from the USA ebay, shipped via fed ex should be here friday.

what would people rather no paypal and no protection at all?...

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

This time ...

Did you give the seller negative feedback?
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1 View Post
    Ok I got refunded today for the cobra limited s3 that I never saw so what's the issue?

one of paypals selling points is that it protects customers....so again they advertise that fact

Ebay was actually down a bit till paypal stepped in and offered people some security so again if its been offered then why not take the odd punt. Not every cheap club is a fake...in this case the club which i never saw never existsed (so yes its a fake...OXYGEN club..made from pure rare air...)........Like I said before its better to actuallty not recieve a club than it is to recieve a fake....much easier to get funds back.

The funds used by ebay to refund your money come from their pockets... which are lined with fees paid by buyers. So in essence, we subsidise the risk mitigation for you. You're welcome.
    Last edited by henno; 7th June 2011 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daves View Post
    brilliant.....

Quote Originally Posted by NK View Post
    Megawatty is good at those!
    All my strikes were reversed. It only took him 2 weeks!

dave1

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    This time ...

Did you give the seller negative feedback?
    Yes and reported it to WA online fraud squad also.

dave1

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    The funds used by ebay to refund your money come from their pockets... which are lined with fees paid by buyers. So in essence, we subsidise the risk mitigation for you. You're welcome.
    And so......I sell gear and pay my fee

Mitigation.
    .Oh please come up with something better than that crapola..

And grab a can of harden up while youre at it

dave1

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerlover View Post
    brilliant.....
    Thoyght we were discussing golf ..Small things amuse small minds in your case

dave1

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    A hacker off 12....
    Maybe if you ****ing practiced as well as you post you might be able to play..

Your a ****en joke.....I thought with so many posts you could actually play ..

2 can play your stupid ****en games ****head

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

You equate how many posts with how good a player he is ?

You know the rank under our names is not real right? If the above was true we would all be laying odds on Jarro and Yoss for the US open!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

A hacker off 12....

What's your thoughts on Dobermans? BTW did you know Daves is Japanese.

Blog Entries

A hacker off 12....

We may play like shit. But at least, we aren't gullible.

Nor do we give in to extortionists.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

paypal stepped in and offered people some security so again if its been offered then why not take the odd punt.
    It's not always the rule though, a guy contacted me to tell me about a fake he bought. Paypal told him to pay the $25 postage to return the item, he did that and they still found in favour of the seller. So not only did he do his arse, he did an extra $25 !

Paypal only protected you because you never received a club and I guess the seller didn't or couldn't prove he sent anything to you. You'll never know if they'd have protected you against the fake. Whilst you may feel chuffed that you didn't lose any cash, don't spout the shite above, you got lucky.

My problem is I do practice as much as I post, in fact probably more so. Golf is all I do these days. But still I am a hacker, always will be I suspect. But at least I realise my limitations! "Honest officer, I didn't think it was loaded! Do you think they can sew my big toe back on"?

Not eBay, but a bargain nevertheless. I see Big W are advertising Bushnell Neos with 12 months course subscription for $88!

http://www.bigw.com.au/sports-leisur...hnell-golf-gps

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cobra-FP-2008-Ir...4#ht_500wt_922

For Dad who is 70yrs and plays off 18. Is this a good deal?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

It would've been slightly amusing if paypal didn't give you back your money because it was so blatantly a fake item...

Originally Posted by goonie:
    If this sort of stuff keeps happening they are going to want to get there money back thru higher ebay fees or making paypal cover an extra cost. It will be just like insurance, if too many people abuse it everyone will pay higher premiums to cover it.

Last edited by Iain; 8th June 2011 at 09:14 AM.

Mitigation.
    .Oh please come up with something better than that crapola..

And grab a can of harden up while youre at it
    I understand absolutely nothing of what you've written here. Firstly, it is you that's talking about using paypal for risk mitigation, not me. Secondly, how does pointing out the workings of paypal's insurance-type system require me to "harden up"?

I've been involved in some backward conversations in my life but this one is right up there.

dave1

Read paypals blurb they advertise it.....They advertise protection so how is using it wrong.

?????.....

dave1

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    It would've been slightly amusing if paypal didn't give you back your money because it was so blatantly a fake item...
    That didnt happen.....

But i would have copped it sweet.

Like you said i knew it was dodgy

Dont worry paypal will get the funds from him. He ripped off about 4300 bucks.

Thread Information