Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Default Indigenous Voice to Parliament

This is increasingly looking like it's going to bomb come October/November, as the YES vote goes from strong to weak to worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ial-poll-shows

"On a state-by-state basis, no was ahead of yes in: Queensland, 51% to 40%; Western Australia, 48% to 39%; New South Wales, 47% to 41%; and South Australia 48% to 45%. In Victoria, yes was narrowly ahead 47% to 46%."

Going to take a big shift to turn around the redneck/hillbilly states to get this over the line.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Yes….

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Qld couldn’t even get a daylight savings referendum over the line. Voted against it to stop the curtains fading. What chance do they have with this…
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

It’s the vibe. It’s Mabo.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    It’s the vibe. It’s Mabo.
    ....it's a treaty.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Do we really need to be talking about this? "Never talk religion and politics, etc".

My prediction is that this thread will go downhill very quickly, and it will all be deleted. Hopefully, Andy P will be the one who has to do all the repair work.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Not many referendums get up anyway, considering the majority of states requirement!
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Do we really need to be talking about this?
    The adults in the room are certainly capable of reasoned, respectful discussion on such an important issue. You don't have to be involved if you can't contribute at that level.

And like most of these things, the betting odds are usually a good indicator of the likely outcome.

VTP ODDS.jpg

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

All of the cloak and dagger crap in regards to withholding the actual question is doing the Yes campaign no favours. Likewise for the nuffies badgering anyone at the Mawson shops in Canberra the other day.

Surely by now politicians have figured out that telling people what they’re allowed to think is a great way for the public to get their back up and vote for the Donald Trumps of the world just out of defiance?
    Forum needs more banter.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    The adults in the room are certainly capable of reasoned, respectful discussion on such an important issue. You don't have to be involved if you can't contribute at that level. And like most of these things, the betting odds are usually a good indicator of the likely outcome.Attachment 57799
    Put some on now, put some on in 3 months when the polls change, and take the guaranteed profit

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Put some on now, put some on in 3 months when the polls change, and take the guaranteed profit
    I don't think the odds are going to switch. Without discussing my personal thoughts on the matter, most arguments I hear or read boil down to 3 things:
    1) I can't pay my mortgage, why are pollies spending so much time on the voice and not working on cost of living?
    2) How can I vote yes when they won't tell us the details?
    3) Why does it have to be in the constitution?

Cost of living pressures aren't going to change before the vote, they can't release more details because they won't be known until the thing gets debated & legislated by parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    I don't think the odds are going to switch. Without discussing my personal thoughts on the matter, most arguments I hear or read boil down to 3 things:1) I can't pay my mortgage, why are pollies spending so much time on the voice and not working on cost of living?2) How can I vote yes when they won't tell us the details?3) Why does it have to be in the constitution?Cost of living pressures aren't going to change before the vote, they can't release more details because they won't be known until the thing gets debated & legislated by parliament.
    I feel they will adjust over time, as the yes campaign could not have been more ineffective to now.The messaging is non existent, up against the all pervasive news corp.If you asked me what the yes vote will achieve, I could not tell you.And as has come out in royal commissions recently, News Corp and Seven are more than willing to promote the coalition line, no matter what the facts of the matter may be.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Yeah, it's bloody hard to tell yet. The Yes has a lot of work to do! And the big corporate and sporting support doesn't seem to have been for much thus far.
    Not being helped by some rich people running their own No campaign (not associated with the LNP or other No campaigns) using AI generated individuals who "unintentionally" resembled First Nations people putting out "their" reasons for voting no.
    Maybe considering the economic times they shouldn't have had the vote yet as people do think it's taking too much away from other issues, but I guess when they got their hands on the books they were a bit shook by the situation. But if they pushed having the vote as part of their campaign then they have kinda put themselves in the hole.
    I still think by the referendum they could get enough votes, but I'm doubting they can get enough States.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Its just a "modest" amendment to the constitution, not sure what all the fuss is about.

Cant really read anything into the key appointed architects for the Voice Mabo and Teely(sp?) and the NIAA declaring thats its all about establishing the basis for a Treaty, reparations and a tax on white folk
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Apparently, I voted 'yes' in May, 2022.

Although I don't agree with my local member's opinion, I support our representative taking a stance against the party line, provided it is what the majority of our electorate want.
    Unfortunately, a few months back, the 'yes' campaigners used the holocaust and his religion to shame him into taking a high profile stance on the matter.

Personally, I cannot vote 'yes', as it goes against 35 years of having to read corporate memos and online training, re. equal opportunity in the workplace, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual preferences, etc.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

I 🫶 u

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

I thought that the 15 seated fist nations MPs in parliament now, are the voice

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by stevem109r View Post
    I thought that the 15 seated fist nations MPs in parliament now, are the voice
    Where’s the like button?
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

I hate it when unelected representatives tell Parliament what to do, costing taxpayers billions.

Oh.

That's the BIG4 and the pharmacy guild.

Chopperlink

WITB

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

More of this to come we think?

https://twitter.com/goodfoodgal/stat...BCq9o9qEbiGtIg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    More of this to come we think?https://twitter.com/goodfoodgal/stat...BCq9o9qEbiGtIgSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I don’t need to look any further than the fact that woman pays $8 per month for a free app. She’s a moron.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Melinda Richards is as cooker as they come

Chopperlink

WITB

What difference does it make who shared the video.

Yes.... we are going to be seeing much more of this, regardless. And if the Voice fails to get up, its proponents are just going to blame No voters for being racist, and the No campaignes for lying, and really continue with this kind of activities.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

News Corp has already been blamed.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    I feel they will adjust over time, as the yes campaign could not have been more ineffective to now.
    Things should be better now that Albo has convinced the most repugnant CEO in Australia to get "on board" the Yes campaign.

What could possibly go wrong with Alan Joyce available to provide tone deaf guidance.

Thread Information