Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Default NSW Matchplay Double Header - May 3rd 2009 - Dunheved GC

Tentative at this stage but next Sunday could see a NSW Matchplay Double header.
    • Grunt V Brad
    • Jimandr V Matt3jab

Venue not determined but Amanda & Brad have indicated their availability. Just waiting to hear from Virge.

Trying to work out where has recovered from coring the best is determining the venue. Ashlar is out due to Pennant matches being played there.

Anyone else keen maybe we could get 2 groups or am I dreaming?

Scores for the day
    1. Jimandr 35
    2. Matt3jab 31
    3. Brad 28
    4. Grunt 22
    5. Amanda 20
    Last edited by Grunt; 3rd May 2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Scores added
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Blog Entries

The day has come and the weather looks great.

Will Jim continue his unbeaten run? Or can Matt3jabb do what others have not been able to do yet in the NSW OzGolf Matchplay and beat him? We shall see this afternoon.

In the other game that is also happening, I am playing Brad in a match of the B/C graders, Golf won't be pretty but it will be a good tough match.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Hope it's ok - but I've booked a cart for myself and Brad - I've come down with the flu and don't want to make it worse by walking.

Blog Entries

Default Game Over

2 Things happened today,
    1. Jimandr won yet again sending Matt3Jab out with a 2 & 1 win.
    2. I played like a busted and got a good toweling from Brad to go down 5 & 4.
    Just was not my day, ballstriking was ok but the putts didn't drop and if there was a bunker I found it. Brad just played better and I could not get out of trouble like he managed to do so all day.

Thanks for the game Amanda & Brad.

Scores for the day
    1. Jimandr 35
    2. Matt3jab 31
    3. Brad 28
    4. Grunt 22
    5. Amanda 20
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Bloody hell Grunt ..... how do you get beaten by Brad when you play heaps and he plays bugger all ???
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Blog Entries

Maybe I am just a crap golfer, and no matter how much I play I will not improve.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Congrats Brad and Jim. If it was as nice as down here, you certainly couldn't blame the weather for bad play ...

Jim, I see that your score has improved since your last game at Dunheved. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Maybe I am just a crap golfer, and no matter how much I play I will not improve.
    Keep your chin up, Grant. My golf is pretty crap at the moment as well. We'll both improve.

Blog Entries

Don't worry Jono, I am not that worried, I had absolutely no luck today. If I could find a way for a ball not to drop or be difficult to play I found it today. I dont think I had one decent lie in the bunkers i found today and on the whole actually was pretty happy with my bunker play on the day.
    The greens were better than on Good Friday but were on the whole still in pretty average condition. Putts were not dropping still. I know I had 38 of them today
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Between you and Manly, I've had a f**king horrible weekend on the punt, Grunt!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
    Between you and Manly, I've had a f**king horrible weekend on the punt, Grunt!
    So you were in the hunt for a runt of a punt on Grunt? Stupid ****!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Ah Grant - you did have some bad luck today with those bunkers.

I thought Brad's bunker shot that made it out - then promptly rolled back in was the funniest.

My highlight - 1 par + celebratory dance and one of the best 9 wood shots I've ever hit (also with celebratory dance)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    So you were in the hunt for a runt of a punt on Grunt? Stupid ****!

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Matt was a bit unlucky to strike me at my best for the first 8 holes, and I was able to establish a lead that turned out to be only just enough.

I started really well, while Matt gave me the first two holes, then the two of us played good golf for the rest of the front nine.

I'm a bit disappointed that neither Grunt not Amanda felt it necessary to mention my shot to the par 3 17th, which finished about 3" from the hole. It would be the closest I've ever been to having a hole-in-one without it going in.

On our back nine we both played some terrible golf, mixed with the occasional good shot. I tried to choke my way to defeat, but Matt refused to take it. He was giving me a shot on the 3rd (our 12th), so his birdie was only good for a square. On the par 3 4th, double bogey for each of us meant a square. It was that sort of back nine.

Thanks very much to Matt for an enjoyable game. Hopefully his good shots will encourage him to play more golf.

The other point about our day was that one of our partners was a 16 year old kid (but 6ft4" tall) who played off 3 and had a better game than that. A real rival for the ParMaster.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Blog Entries

Sorry Jim , it was yes a great shot.

As we were in the group in front and saw one shot end up around 4' from the hole. Brad commented great shot. I then told him Jim had got inside it. The pin was surrounded.
    Was a great shot indeed Jim.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Thanks to jim for the game. It was good to get back out onto the golf course again.

Good to see the other guys and girls aswell.

As for the game, i was happy with how i played.

Short game wasnt there, but thats the first thing to go when you dont play.

Drove the ball ok, and hit the ball well off the fairway. Solid irons. So im happy with that.

As for the matchplay part, jim gave me alot of chances to come back, but i faulted when he did, so no luck there. The 4 shot start was just too much.

Good luck jim in the coming rounds.

As for me and golf, i think after june, if i cant join a country/bush club for cheap, i'll be a better than average social golfer that plays in ambros events for fun.

Thread Information