Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Why?

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

play the comp every chance you get. your game will improve tenfold and you meet some good blokes on the way. i put my name randomly where i play and have not had a bad experience yet. most bad experiences have been from some smartarse who thinks he is Tiger but they soon get sorted by the very nature of the game.
    Pffft

Member Teaching Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Geez your Quick. I posted then immediatly realised my mistake & edited the post within 2 minutes. Didn.t think anyone would have seen it
    Glad you enjoyed the round.

Gotta be quick Pom.
    Will be heading out this weekend as well, except I'll walk it this time. Used to do it every weekend, so no reason why I can't do it now. Good chance to loose some kilo's at the same time.
    Desert Golfer

Member Teaching Pro

I have always preferred to walk Especially since I got the Smoothy buggy. Don,t mind a ride occasionally but all my " Better " Rounds have been played when I was walking. I find that I relax more when I am walking & then Concentrate better when taking the shot.

And I am the opposite Pom. Except that time we were in the cart at Club Pelican. I reckon I may have been better either walking...or the club house...or at home. The game was definitely not in the cart I remember that much.
    When are you coming down again? Ready for that hit at Bribie?
    Cheers
    Craig

[<a href=http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg target=_blank><u><font size=2><font color=#0000ff><font size=2><font color=#0000ff>http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg</font></font></font></font></u></a>

WITB
    G30 LS 10.5* Attas5; Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood; Adams Proto DHY Super 18*/21*Kurokage; Cally Apex Pro 4-PW Steelfibre 110cw; Sky Dream Jump 51*; TVD 60* and Odyssey Black Series #1

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Hux..have you ever noticed how loud the members at Bribie are on course during a comp, or is it the acoustics of the place? Played in a Sat & Sunday comp there a couple of weeks ago and all our group commented on it. Had to laugh (couldn't do much else) when a couple of motorized buggies driven by members sailed past the 10th tee when two of our group were hitting from the back tee (about 4 metres from us). Nobody seemed to think anything of it as if it is the normal there.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Comes with the number of retiree's mate. They are all deaf so have to talk loud )

But no I haven't noticed it as any louder than anywhere else to be honest but haven't been a member there for long. As far as etiquette....no worse than anywhere else for sure.
    Cheers
    Craig

[<a href=http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg target=_blank><u><font size=2><font color=#0000ff><font size=2><font color=#0000ff>http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg</font></font></font></font></u></a>

WITB
    G30 LS 10.5* Attas5; Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood; Adams Proto DHY Super 18*/21*Kurokage; Cally Apex Pro 4-PW Steelfibre 110cw; Sky Dream Jump 51*; TVD 60* and Odyssey Black Series #1

Member Teaching Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hux View Post
    And I am the opposite Pom. Except that time we were in the cart at Club Pelican. I reckon I may have been better either walking...or the club house...or at home. The game was definitely not in the cart I remember that much.
    When are you coming down again? Ready for that hit at Bribie?
    I think we all left the game at home that day.
    Not sure when I will be down that way again. Maybe around September. Already sorted for a round At Northlakes But could probably fit in a round at Bribie & possibly a "few" more Especially if my wife shoots off to Vic to visit the Daughter. Will let you know If/When it,s going to happen for sure.
    Hope You like the pics
    Attached Images
    Last edited by pom; 21st April 2009 at 07:32 PM.

So, Pacific are telling me that I can't play in the Saturday comp until I have a handicap. But the easiest way for me to get my handicap is via the Saturday comp. I can't play weekday comps due to work, and if I play a Sunday at all it's usually with three other mates without an AGU.

This could take a lot longer than I originally thought.

Just get some cards, meet up with DC or Iain at the pub, write down some scores, back-date them and put them in. Too easy.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Henno, no matter how much you think you aren't welcome in golf circles, you will always be more welcome than somebody who can't help themselves and talk themselves up.
    Forum needs more banter.

It's no big deal. The only issue is that I could already hand in cards at Indro Sunday-Friday and get an AGU, but it was proving difficult for the same reasons as above. The move to Pacific was really so I could get my arse into gear and finally get the ol' AGU sorted. It's no big deal, except that initially I can't achieve anything at Pacific that I can't already to at Indro.

It's my own fault for assuming I could just chime in as a single on a Saturday. And every conversation I have had with current members so far has been to stop procrastinating and jump into the Saturday comp and get some cards in.

Surely if you rang on Saturday morning and there was a gap, they wouldn't mind you playing.

It's curious. I've not heard of that happening anywhere else.

I was going to go as far as rock up at 11-ish, grab a chair and wait for a cancellation so as to not piss off the locals. But rules is rules I suppose.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Ned Kelly can sign one of your cards in May, if you haven't got it by then.

edit: Errrm, posted before seeing that the Ned round was a Saturday.
    Last edited by AndyP; 24th April 2009 at 06:25 PM.

I'm giving it a miss this weekend, have to head to Darwin next week so I won't be playing then either. Might go & play a social 9 on Sunday Morning.
    Will head to the range and put a couple of sessions in as well.
    Desert Golfer

Henno to achieve your goal you will need to sacrifice 3 games with your mates on a Sunday. That or ask one of them to sit out for 3 rounds in a row so you can get the cards in. Or get an AGU member to walk around with you - surely you have a mate who is an AGU hcp holder that likes a bit of (light) exercise?

I know the current rules are 3 cards for AGU - can someone comment are they all at your home course (ie it used to be 5 cards with 3 at home course).
    Cheers
    Craig

WITB

I dare say they'll all be at home anyway. So it's a non-issue.

Member Teaching Pro

I can only surmise that your Saturday comps are completely full. Otherwise why would they penalise a future customer. Have never heard of this happening anywhere else. My suggestion would be to score your Sunday social rounds & then find A AGU member to countersign them.

I'll sign any cards you want Henno, or if you want to, we can have a hit sometime.

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I'll sign any cards you want Henno, or if you want to, we can have a hit sometime.
    Cheers Iain. I might be able to get a Friday or two off next month, so I might be able to get a few cards in from those at least.

One card in. 92 off the stick - could have been worse, but could have been far better as well. A few duffed chips, lost balls, lipped putts then missing the return putt.

Regardless, 92 is probably indicative of my usual form so there is no use playing out of my skin and then never being able to play to the handicap

In saying that, sub-20 would be a nice start.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

So you're not really as bad as what you make out?

Any triple bogeys in that score?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Any triple bogeys in that score?
    No triples, which is probably the only reason it was low 90s, not high 90s. The only difference between this round and most of my others was the lack of triples and quads. I think I only had two pars all day, which even for me is rather low. I played a social round this afternoon and had 5 pars and a bird, but shot far worse off the stick.

Thread Information