Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Default Good Friday Golf

Hi All

Who is interested in playing Good Friday golf?

Anywhere is good for me.

Results

1. Jono 34 pts
    2. Grunt 33 pts
    3. Jimandr 29 pts
    Last edited by Grunt; 10th April 2009 at 03:33 PM.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Sorry - we're out - my little bro's birthday

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Where were you thinking of playing Grunt ? Don't a lot of courses close for Good Friday ?

Blog Entries

Jim was thinking that there would be a few. Golklink has a game at Liverpool for $45 only a few tee slots left though. 2 groups @ 9 & 2 groups @ 11.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Blog Entries

The $45 @ Liverpool including green fees ,food & beverage vouchers
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Hacker View Post
    Where were you thinking of playing Grunt ? Don't a lot of courses close for Good Friday ?
    In fact it is the exact opposite. Most courses play a comp, and a lot of them are open to all, not just members.

From memory, there is licencing issue regarding sale of alcohol. I don't think they are allowed to sell take away alcohol, or anything that can be taken out of the clubhouse.

I'm quite keen to play, so pencil me in for any venue that is chosen.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

which courses are open around Sydney?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Due to change of plans for this weekend, I'm free on Friday. Grunt, if you and Jim are playing, count me in. I wouldn't mind playing Liverpool. It's been a while since I played there.

Blog Entries

I have just messaged Jim, I have been really busy during business hours this week and totally forgot about booking Liverpool. If someone could try tomorrow I am still free.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Grunt, do you want me to call Liverpool tomorrow? Any preferred tee time?

Blog Entries

If you could yes please not sure what is available, Golflink is showing nothing available. Well there is one spot.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

If Liverpool is booked out, do you want me to try few other places around that area?

Blog Entries

Go for it Jono, I am easy you, know that already I was a member a Mac Grange
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Ha, ha. No worries. Jim, you still keen?

If Liverpool doesn't work out, we should be able to get on at Camden Valley. But I'd prefer to play at Liverpool, naturally.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Guys, Liverpool is full. I rang Dunheved and we can tee off at 9:20am. I've put our names down. Jim, I thought you might like to play a different course.

Anyway, if you guys want to play somewhere else, let me know and I'll cancel Dunheved.

Blog Entries

Ok for me, see you there around 9.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Guys, Liverpool is full. I rang Dunheved and we can tee off at 9:20am. I've put our names down. Jim, I thought you might like to play a different course.

Anyway, if you guys want to play somewhere else, let me know and I'll cancel Dunheved.

Dunheved is fine by me. I like the course. See you there.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the games guys pity about Dunheved being cored but we all had teh same conditions.

Did not play too bad at all but just could not beat Jono, he got me by a shot. He did putt the worst and having a 4 and a 5 putt was something he could regret doing. For a guy coming back from a break and saying he should be off 18 he is dreaming he is still a low marker, I think Jono will be soom playing to the 9 his handicap now stands at.
    Jim played ok but recently I have been able to drag him down to my level. He is due for a big game soon. The longer Matt3Jab holds out on their matchplay the less chance he has of winnign as Jim can't hold this recent form sliump much longer.

Results

1. Jono 34 points
    2. Grunt 33 points
    3. Jimandr 29 Points
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Thanks for the game guys. The weather was perfect, the fairways pretty good, as was the pre-game bacon and egg roll. The greens were awful.

The definite low point was Jono's five-putt (on the fifth, naturally). To be fair, the first putt was very long, a good 70ft or more on a shaggy sandy green, but it was 15ft short, the next one 7ft past, the next 3ft past, and so on. So it was a wipe after hitting the green in reg.

The fact that he could record 34pts after that shows he hit the ball quite well.

I'm looking forward to our next game.

Thanks for the game guys ... My first (finished) comp game since returning to golf!

Still a bit tired and breathless recovering from the flu, I decided to ride on the cart. To my delight, the local member in our group was riding as well. So I shared the cart with him. Good bloke ... easy to talk to ... By the end of the 2nd hole, I found out he was a chain smoker. No exaggeration, he must have smoked the whole packet during the round. I reckon my 5 putts on the fifth green was from breathing in all the cigarette fume ...

Anyway, it was good to catch up with Grant and Jim again. Grants swing has improved quite a bit. Unfortunately, I can not say the same for Jim. His handicap seems to be blowing out faster than his waist line.

I'm sure Jim will figure things out and start hitting it straight again like he used to.

Despite the cored greens, I had fun today. Happy with my 34 points and I've got the enthusiasm back to start working on my game and getting my handicap down.

Thread Information