Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Member Club Champion

Default Iron Shafts - or is that shafts for irons?

Just looking for a cheap set of shafts for a set of irons I am trying to have a go at.
    I got a set of Nakashima irons (4-PW) and want to see if I am good enough to use them but they have Project x 6.5 shafts in them and I can't swing quick enough to use such a stiff shaft.
    I want a cheap set of shafts, prefer Rifle Flighted 5.0 or 5.5 or DG S300. Maybe even a pulled set would be OK, I really am just checking to see if the clubs are OK for me at this stage maybe if I like them I will get a proper fitting and see.

Cheers
    gaz

Member Club Champion

Forgot to say that I want to buy these, not to sell i suppose I should have gone the fluro bit at the start, sorry about that

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Gaz,

personal opinions are just that "personal" just because it works for you doesn't necessarily mean it will work for someone else as there are just too many variable when it comes to the game of golf.

I've hit a couple of different Naks and even though they were a lovely iron i wouldn't personally run out and buy a set even if it was the bargain of a lifetime.

I dont know what handicap you are but by the sounds of it (please excuse me if im wrong) id say mid-high in which case if they are the NP1's id say dont touch them.

The NP2's are a very versatile iron ( a friend of mine purchased a set a few months back) and they are very forgiving. If they are they NP5 ( i think its 5, someone please correct me if im wrong) snap them up if there cheap as they are a solid iron and you could probably turn around and sell them easily enough if you found they didn't suit you.

Again my personal opinion is unless they are the bargain of a lifetime i would wait and get something else fitted that are going to suit your level of play. You shouldn't have any drama's selling the shafts but if you have to buy new shafts and then pay to have them fitted up its all a costly process!!!

Cheers Ben

PS: Sorry for the long post

Member Club Champion

Cheers Ben,
    They are NP-1's so I will take your advice on board. I would like to try the feel of them with a decent shaft still, maybe just re shaft one of them. I am on 14 at the moment (13.6) and moving in the right direction.
    Thanks again for the input

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

You could always try putting a shaft in one of them and give it a go for a few hits at the range if you wanted to save money?

Member Club Champion

Sounds like a remarkably smart idea, will give it a try. But I am still on the hunt for a full set of shafts if anyone has a cheap set lying around.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by giddyupgaz View Post
    Cheers Ben,
    They are NP-1's so I will take your advice on board. I would like to try the feel of them with a decent shaft still, maybe just re shaft one of them. I am on 14 at the moment (13.6) and moving in the right direction.
    Thanks again for the input
    No worries Gaz,

good luck with your endeavours and let me know what you think of them.

Senior Member Major Winner

Are Naks .370 or 355 taper ?

Member Club Champion

Virge,

0.370 I believe, I just checked the clubfitters fact sheet on the web as I have no clue at this stage.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Naks are all .370

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by just View Post
    Naks are all .370

Don;t have much 370 stuff - let me see what I have. I think I have some .370 Rifle flighted 6.0 and some r300, migth also have some TX 90's in Reg and Stiff.

Got heaps of S300's

Member Club Champion

I use rifles at the minute in some Callaways and they give a nice feel, mine are rated between stiff and reg if that helps, maybe the 6.0's might be a bit strong for me but I have no idea how they are rated.
    I had s300's in another set I was using last year and liked them as well, I have never used the TX90's how do they go?

Thread Information