Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golfing tip

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default Golfing tip

Some of you may know that I spent some time with 2 women pro golfers Laurette Meritz and Cecilie Lundgreen and there coach Reeve Nield just before the Masters last year :P

I have been keeping in touch and just recieved an e-mail with the following tip, I thought I would pass on

Reeve Nield Wrote,

A good tip on the practice range is to close your left eye and make sure that you continue to look at the ball with your right eye, this will encourage you to keep your head still, therefore encouraging more hip and shoulder turn.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default Re: Golfing tip

Quote Originally Posted by Onewood
    Some of you may know that I spent some time with 2 women pro golfers Laurette Meritz and Cecilie Lundgreen and there coach Reeve Nield just before the Masters last year :P

I have been keeping in touch and just recieved an e-mail with the following tip, I thought I would pass on

Reeve Nield Wrote,

A good tip on the practice range is to close your left eye and make sure that you continue to look at the ball with your right eye, this will encourage you to keep your head still, therefore encouraging more hip and shoulder turn.
    For every matter, there's anti-matter. For every electron, there's positron. For every ying, there's yang. And for every tip, there's anti-tip ...

I remember reading a tip from some pro to close the right eye (for right hander) and look at the ball with the left. That way, you can allow your head to turn right on the backswing, allowing a more full shoulder turn. Hmmm ... perhaps I should just close both eyes and swing blind folded ...

Only kidding ... Thanks for passing on the tip. I'll try it next time out at the range. As long as it works, I'll try it.

Default Re: Golfing tip

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Hmmm ... perhaps I should just close both eyes and swing blind folded ...
    I thought a good tip for you mate would be to try hitting with both eyes open for a change

jono, i'd give that tip a try but i had bell's palsy when i was younger which makes it nigh impossible to actually close my right eye keeping the left one open

so, thanks to that paralysis of the left side of my face kev's tip will work OK!

balance in all things eh?

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by macleod
    jono, i'd give that tip a try but i had bell's palsy when i was younger which makes it nigh impossible to actually close my right eye keeping the left one open

so, thanks to that paralysis of the left side of my face kev's tip will work OK!

jono, I'm a bit like macca. I'm pretty much blind in my left eye, (even with glasses on). Close my right eye & I'm absolutely stuffed.

Thanks for the tip, Kev.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by macleod

Oh crikey. That's harsh. I'm depressed now...

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

another tip that will acheive this result, and more is to stare at a dimple on the inside back of the ball, and try to hit it.. oldie but a goodie.

Its helping me to not turn my head with my shoulders in the backswing, and also to come at it from the inside, greatly reducing my number pulled shots. Ive always read to hit the inside aft of the ball, thought I was, but staring at a dimple and trying to hit it is really doing it for me now (not in a sexual sense you damn sicko's)

but staring at a dimple and trying to hit it is really doing it for me now (not in a sexual sense you damn sicko's)
    Damn... never got a chance to have a go at this one....

After reading this thread, I'm going to try playing golf with my eyes closed..... or open, or one closed, or something.... I've missed the point, haven't I??
    Cheers,
    Golfgirl

interrstingly, i noticed a major drop in my shoulder turn and ball striking since getting these new specs before going oseas in march.

they aren't as wide as my old ones, reducing the seeable peripheral vision, ifreak out even more when i get any turn or head movement and tend to start the downswing then...hmmmm.

hey davidp, i'm -5.75 in the right and -5.5 in the left....few more diaopters and i can get ones of those legally blind cards!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

So is it left eye open - hit the back of the ball - or right eye closed - hit the front of the ball - or legs wide open and welcome the ball - or close the legs and hit the balls.........I'm confused
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

FG its nice to see a woman who cant stop thinking about balls

although I'm a little surprised your still confused... more practice needed?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by OnaBreak
    FG its nice to see a woman who cant stop thinking about balls

although I'm a little surprised your still confused... more practice needed?

I tell you what - I'm so busy with flowers at the moment I've hardly any time to think about balls at all - or anything else. I need you guys to keep the distractions coming - I've got 29 arrangements to make up before I can go home. !! Anyone out there who knows about the art of floral design????
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Thread Information