Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1943
    Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

On the subject of flats, I went to meet up with the lads for a trundle in NY's Day and I hadn't ridden a km whereupon I got the 'sinking feeling' of a rear flat. It was caused by a shard of glass which I found embedded in the tyre and flicked it out. I patched the tube rather than used my spare and went on my way without any further issues. I used CO2 to inflate as I would have been late otherwise but with CO2 the tube will lose pressure after 48hrs so I always let the CO2 out when I am home and fill with atmospheric air once again.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Any owner experience of Reid Cycles?

My Giant Trail Glide is doing its job but its time for something faster but within a fairly strict budget. Preference is around $800 including panniers so no 5k carbon job for me.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by moree golfer View Post
    Which brand patch are you using Mark?
    Forgot, whatever Wiggle sell in these little square containers.

No punctures in January, since i put the Schwalbe Marathons on
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

My new weapon is pretty much complete now, only future editions will be Co2/Pump combo and possibly some better wheels - just working out which one to get and where to store it. Although I usally just put it in my jersey.

Specialized Tarmac SL S-Works, Full Dura-Ace Components, Velocity Deep V's and Profile design Carbon Aero's.
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Moe Norman View Post
    My new weapon is pretty much complete now, only future editions will be Co2/Pump combo and possibly some better wheels - just working out which one to get and where to store it. Although I usally just put it in my jersey.

Specialized Tarmac SL S-Works, Full Dura-Ace Components, Velocity Deep V's and Profile design Carbon Aero's.
    pics....

perhaps tomorrow!
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Sounds nice Moe must have set you back a bit. Did my first decent ride for the new year on Sunday over 3 hours on the mtb legs were a bit meh for the rest of the day
    Decided to give the hardtail a good clean last night tried a tip a guy gave me when we were on holidays. I gave the drivetrain and chain a going over with a rag soaked in kerosine came up a treat then washed it and applied some lube (no homo).

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

perhaps tomorrow!
    Pics or it didn't happen

Anyone had any experience with Giant Flat Bar roadies? I'm looking at a Giant Cross City RX1 for my daily 30k round trip commute.

http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bicyc.../act/102121407

I can do about 15% off RRP so looking at $1100 including rack and bag for the back.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

I bought a Giant seek
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Your thoughts on it MTB? K's done per week, type of commute (road/cycle path) etc - any problems?

Chopperlink

WITB

Quote Originally Posted by wbennett View Post
    Anyone had any experience with Giant Flat Bar roadies? I'm looking at a Giant Cross City RX1 for my daily 30k round trip commute.

I can do about 15% off RRP so looking at $1100 including rack and bag for the back.
    For that price, you wont do better, period.
    Just make sure you get good warranty.

I used to commute daily back in about 2003-4-5 on a Giant CRX2.

It did the job beautifully and never gave me any trouble.

Not sure its worth buying a bike like that new though, you'll get more bike 2nd hand for half the price.
    Moe Norman

I used to commute daily back in about 2003-4-5 on a Giant CRX2.

It did the job beautifully and never gave me any trouble.

Not sure its worth buying a bike like that new though, you'll get more bike 2nd hand for half the price.
    Agree 100%
    See post #1236 here:
    http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php...lf-Ride/page50
    Converted my old Roadie into a commuter, 3 spped, plenty to run around on, good as gold!

Moe Norman

Not much around in Canberra second hand for a grand - its all 2k carbon jobbies. I've been looking for a while now...

Chopperlink

WITB

surely you get up to Sydney reasonably frequently?

Is the drive not worth $500 to you?
    Moe Norman

Your thoughts on it MTB? K's done per week, type of commute (road/cycle path) etc - any problems?
    I have mentioned a few things here already. The only issue was I kept getting flats with the stock tyres, and the seat is too hard. I don't know how many K's I do a week. It's a 34k round trip to work, and I ride 1-3 times a week
    --
    Handy-Cap

surely you get up to Sydney reasonably frequently?

Is the drive not worth $500 to you?
    Been to Sydney once in three years. Been to Melbourne 5 times in the last 18 months!

Chopperlink

WITB

Wouldn't carbon fiber be overkill for a commuter? You should be able to get a solid bike new for around $700.

Anyone had any experience with Giant Flat Bar roadies? I'm looking at a Giant Cross City RX1 for my daily 30k round trip commute.http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bicyc.../act/102121407I can do about 15% off RRP so looking at $1100 including rack and bag for the back.
    $150 cheaper here:http://www.ivanhoecycles.com.au//bikes/flat-bar-road-bikes/giant-cross-city-rx-1/prod_2604.php

Quote Originally Posted by oncewasagolfer View Post
    Wouldn't carbon fiber be overkill for a commuter? You should be able to get a solid bike new for around $700.
    Overkill, but that one listed is a cool bike!

Default Ride OzGolf Ride

Currently trying to decide between a giant xtc composite 29'er and a Scott 930 29'er.
    Within $100 on price one is x7/x9 SRAM the other slx/xt shimano.
    I think the choice will come down to colour!!!!
    Cheers
    Craig

[<a href=http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg target=_blank><u><font size=2><font color=#0000ff><font size=2><font color=#0000ff>http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg</font></font></font></font></u></a>

WITB
    G30 LS 10.5* Attas5; Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood; Adams Proto DHY Super 18*/21*Kurokage; Cally Apex Pro 4-PW Steelfibre 110cw; Sky Dream Jump 51*; TVD 60* and Odyssey Black Series #1

Default Ride OzGolf Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Hux View Post
    Currently trying to decide between a giant xtc composite 29'er and a Scott 930 29'er.
    Within $100 on price one is x7/x9 SRAM the other slx/xt shimano.
    I think the choice will come down to colour!!!!
    I'd be more interested in fork, wheels and handling differences. If you use it properly you won't see the color pretty quickly!

Thread Information