Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default How to get your partner to take you out to dinner

1. Ask him to cook
    2. If that fails, suggest you cook something when you get home from work, but since he's home on holidays, give him a list of groceries to buy

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Just tell her "I will pay for it"

I like that one Andy! (I pay anyway - he pays the mortgage, I pay for everything else) Brad isn't a fan of eating out - so I really have to convince him - it's my fault anyway - I cook too well

Senior Member Major Winner

Very strange thread Amanda...

I don't mind cooking, at the end of the day i like to do the butcher shopping, pick up good chunks of meat at good prices. Change from week-to-week. Grab a bunch of veg, make up a sauce. Besides, it's gets me out of doing the dishes.

We never get take away, we are both good cooks and we save alot of moola for our efforts. If you can find a good butcher locally you can save a lot of dough and get great meat cuts. We're yet to settle on a favourite local butcher, but the wholesale places are always popular (Glenmore Meats etc).

My best recent effort was an attempt to imitate a sauce that was all over a chicken schnitzel i ordered recently. It was AFL Grand Final night, the day was spent at the Paddington bowling club, followed by 'Bare Foot Lawn Bowls' - plenty of booze all day long. We went out that night to a restaurant, but i couldn't really eat my meal. I was so racked with guilt i had to re-create the sauce.

Shallots, mushy's, pinch of chilli powder, some white wine and cream. Turned into a sensational, light-brown sauce - perfect over a thick med-rare new york cut or scotch-fillet steak.
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Stick with the topic Fishy

Another one, provide only limited choice:

"Honey, out to eat or play golf?"

Fishy - the thread came out of a series of phone calls to Brad around lunchtime. He wanted to stay in - which I was fine with, but after being on holidays for a week, our fridge/freezer is pretty empty.

We are playing 9 holes of golf this arvo when I get home from work and I was going to cook something - gave him the list - and he didn't want to walk 5 minutes around the corner to buy the food

We don't eat out often - maybe once every 2 weeks - and not usually anything fancy - just a $20-30 meal in Hurstville.

The wholesale butcher thing works well for us too - I buy whole fillets of beef and slice them up myself. I tried doing veges in bulk - but we could never eat them fast enough. I buy veges at Paddy's Markets (opp work) which is pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by andylo
    "Hello? Pot? Yes, this is the kettle.... "

I have no problem getting Jean to eat out...she prefers to...

poor me...
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Currently Undecided: Ping G10 or BStone J33R
    Currently Undecided: Cally Fusion 3W or Cally Steelhead III 3+W or Titleist 904F
    Currently Undecided: King Cobra 2300IM or Cally X20 Tour
    Switch BTW: TM RAC 52/58 & Cleve RTG 53/58
    Wilson TPA Blade

Quote Originally Posted by golfer69
    Bloody DINKS..I hate yuz all.
    Do yourself a favour, it's not too late

tho....having posted what I did....

it's not so much a problem eating out over here....it sure was when we were still in Perth....
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Currently Undecided: Ping G10 or BStone J33R
    Currently Undecided: Cally Fusion 3W or Cally Steelhead III 3+W or Titleist 904F
    Currently Undecided: King Cobra 2300IM or Cally X20 Tour
    Switch BTW: TM RAC 52/58 & Cleve RTG 53/58
    Wilson TPA Blade

All she has to say is lets go to the Norman and I'm out the door....best steaks in Brisbane.
    I'm also partial to Pepe's mexican at Milton. :P

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

i hear ya brother

i thought eating out meant the drive-thru at Maccas with the billy-lids screaming in the back seat
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Guys don't get taken out to dinner do they? I thought we did the taking out.

Indian tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    I'm also partial to Pepe's mexican at Milton.
    Gaz, I was really disappointed the one time I ate there. We we were sure that the food had been microwaved , and didn't like the food in general.

You should try Pepe's Jindalee (same name, different company). They are very good, just across the road from the pub too.

Sorry for the thread jack,

But where is Norman?

But where is Norman
    Hmmm...

:smt043

I have bet you will have a come back on me....

But I think it's not worthy to keep my little dignity compare to the headache from where to din tonite with my girl

But I think it's not worthy to keep my little dignity compare to the headache from where to din tonite with my girl
    I gave you the recipe A-Ho, give it a shot - you might surprise yourself I did!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman Dan

I gave you the recipe A-Ho, give it a shot - you might surprise yourself I did!
    Thanks fishy, I will... but only when I have 3 days holiday

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

its never a problem for us, we love dining out. we go out as often as we can. the perving is no where as good here as in cairns. that was always the best part of a night out. spot the stunner. here its spot the sped.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. h.s.t.
    In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and Gates.

Wavemaker\'s Golflink

But where is Norman?
    Its on Ipswich rd Wooloongabba opposite the Golden Casket building.

If you don't know where the Golden Casket building is just imagine you are heading up Ipswich rd thinking about R7 quads with sexy shafts and you look to your right about 500 metres before the gabba and you'll see an old pub and the smell of Eye Fillet will make you swerve off the road into Armstrong Holden where you will smash into a $60,000 HSV Commodore and walk away without a scratch.
    Anyway if all that happens Andyho you will have found the Norman Hotel.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

We love to eat out, as a matter of fact we are heading out tonight to a favorite of ours Zax at Everton Park.
    Very nice joint with a International menu, stomach is growling just thinking about it

Mandy, you could tell Brad you would buy him a new putter if he takes you out to dinner. But knowing brad i dont think that would excite him too much, and you already tried it with the watch.

How about you promise not to buy any more golf gear for 1 month if he takes you out?. That might work.

What works for my wife, is that when she demands its my turn to cook, we go out. Fact is i havent cooked since i got married, not even when she went away on holidays without me.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by jarro
    i hear ya brother

i thought eating out meant the drive-thru at Maccas with the billy-lids screaming in the back seat
    Yep..... rings a bell alright....

Although I must admit, Matt does take me out every now and then for a nice meal... the last really good one was at the new italian restaurant that opened up at the Novotel at Brighton.... of course, the fact that it was an "adults only" weekend, and I had been liberally plied with alcohol may have influenced my impression....

Amanda - if I want to go out for dinner, I tell Matt that I am not cooking and leave it up to him to work out where his next meal is coming from....

(though from the sounds of it, I should probably just make tracks to your place.... )
    Cheers,
    Golfgirl

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake
    Mandy, you could tell Brad you would buy him a new putter if he takes you out to dinner. But knowing brad i dont think that would excite him too much, and you already tried it with the watch.

How about you promise not to buy any more golf gear for 1 month if he takes you out?. That might work.

What works for my wife, is that when she demands its my turn to cook, we go out. Fact is i havent cooked since i got married, not even when she went away on holidays without me.
    That's it, Blakey, BLACKMAIL! Works for me!
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Amanda,

If Brad won't take you out for dinner, ask him if you can find a guy that will.

What is it that Brad doesn't like about going out to a restaurant ? You may find his dislikes come from misconceived ideas. Let him understand how important it is to you & then help him to find a way to enjoy the experience.

My wife loves dancing, but I hated it. I went with her a few times (begrudgingly) & started to enjoy it. My dislikes were misconceived as they were only imagined. Now it's something we can both enjoy.

And for all those whingers with kids - you're not trying hard enough.
    My wife & I have a 4 year old & an 18 month old. We went out for dinner last night with the kids, as they are well behaved & use to restaurants. We went out last Saturday night to Jordans without the kids & we go to the movies w/out the kids at least once a month.

If you want to go out bad enough, you will find a way - and it will be important for the strength of your relationship.

Thread Information