Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Ebay message re: fakes ... probably

So about three weeks ago I buy this Callaway FT-5 on Ebay, get in the post, unwrap it, peel all the sticky stuff off it, looks beeauuutiful ... take it out on the course ... load up ... and ... DONNNGGGG.... it goes, like a broken brass bell. Not exactly the thock out of the middle of the bat, I think, but y'know - maybe it's meant to go like that. The pill still where it normally went - right rough - and i continued on wondering if I've paid $276 for a fake or not. Doonnnnggg....

Do a bit of Net searching about Callaway fakes and there's a school of thought they're meant to sound like that. Then I meet up with this bloke for 9 holes at Coolie-Tweed, he's got one. Mind if I have a hit mate ... Thock! Right rough. But a good meaty thock, rather than a Buddhist monky hitting a bell with a hammer to signal the lentils are ready for dinner time.

Then today I get this from the friendly, if not exactly up to the minute efficient staff from the "eBay Trust & Safety team", given I'd paid for the item three weeks ago:

Thank you for your bid on the following listing:

260252156708 - CALLAWAY FT5 FT 5 DRIVER - NEW WITH HEADCOVER & SERIAL#

However, eBay has had to remove the listing and suspend the seller's account. All bids or offers have been cancelled. As a result you no longer have any obligation to purchase this item.

We hope you understand that due to privacy reasons we're unable to discuss the details of why this listing was ended.

*Important*
    We strongly recommend that you do not go ahead with the purchase however if you have already paid for this item but haven't received it, you need to act quickly to get your money back.

- Contact your bank to stop payment if you paid by cheque or bank deposit.

- Contact your credit card company if you paid by credit card.

- If you paid with PayPal, you may be eligible for up to $3,000 in PayPal Buyer Protection. To file a dispute go to the Dispute Console in My eBay and click on Report an Item not Received or Significantly Not as Described.

If you have any questions, please contact us at:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/contact_ebay.html

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety team

Anyway. There you go.

The club does hit the ball a fair way. Just sounds like a bad bell.

Doesn't seem to be any recourse, however, to get the spondoolas back, given i paid via direct debit ... though I do have sport's email address....

anyway. TBC.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

FTs go TONK not BONG Dangerous buying stuff from some sellers on the bay, mind you that seems awful cheap for an FT-5, so should have sounded warning bells.
    Last edited by PeteyD; 10th July 2008 at 03:41 PM.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

And that would be "monk" and not "monky" ... fingers too fat for keyboard, just in case there were any buddhists in the forum wondering if I was doing a Parra fan on em.

wasn't.

Yeah - did sound the warning bells ... but then figured I'd seen a lot of em on US sites for the same price, and that perhaps this guy had bought one ... and he had a bunch of Stars or whatever.

But yes. My bad.

Member Teaching Pro

Yes... more and more sellers claiming to be selling authentic when it's infact fake.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

That's cause where they are buying it states they are legitimate serials... they are legit serials, just not for the club you bought

And then there's this fellow, selling a full set of new Ping G10s for $335 incl. postage, and a bag and a putter.

First thing he says: "These clubs are hot..."

Or fakes?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320269270706

Coogee, let me introduce you to www.dhgate.com. I'd almost bet if you looked at the name superimposed on that listing, that he is a seller on there.

At worst, you will find that pic somewhere on there regardless

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
    Coogee, let me introduce you to www.dhgate.com. I'd almost bet if you looked at the name superimposed on that listing, that he is a seller on there.

At worst, you will find that pic somewhere on there regardless
    I found one of the pictures.

They are some of the worst fakes I have seen on that site.
    WITB
    Ping G430 LST 9 @10 - Tensei 1K Black 65S
    Titleist TSi2 16.5* - Tensei 1K Black 75S
    Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei 1K Black 75S
    Ping G400 23.5 - Vista Pro 80 S or Ping i210 4 - Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Ping i210 5-PW - Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 60M -Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Odyssey 7S OG

*BAM*!!!

So, I wonder if we should send the link to the ebay seller Nice find by the way !!!

gee there's some dumb ****s in this world !

Received very quickly and packaged well. Good product and have already used it. Not able to verify whether authentic but cautious as anniversary spelt "anniversant" on shaft. All in all very satisfied with the product.

seriously, they're buying from China

Not able to verify whether authentic but cautious as anniversary spelt "anniversant" on shaft.
    Hahahaha that is a classic!

I bought a Ferrari from China the other day for $1000. Not able to verify whether it is authentic as all of the badges say Berrari. All in all very satisfied with the car.

Seriously, some people need to be Darwin'd out of existence.

Well - that is just plain dishonest.

In other news, after I got the above warning thing I e-mailed my man out in Bankstown who sold me the Callaway FT-5...:

Gday Joseph – able to talk us through this mate?

To which came the reply:

Matt,

Theres nothing wrong. Ebay has reinstated my account. Im so pissed off about it. They sent in error to everyone that Ive already sent and sold to just because of unpaid fees dispute. Im requesting full apology from ebay to be sent to everyone.

Thanks

Joseph

So I"m going to give it the full Marge Simpson:

HHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Coogee Beach View Post

- If you paid with PayPal, you may be eligible for up to $3,000 in PayPal Buyer Protection. To file a dispute go to the Dispute Console in My eBay and click on Report an Item not Received or Significantly Not as Described.[/FONT]
    Didnt you read that bit?

lodge a complaint that its a fake, basically they seem to be telling you that it is thats why the auction was cancelled.

mind you my Missus has had her ebay auctions cancelled where they accused her of selling fake handbags, but it was a genuine one. She buys em at sales and flogs em off on ebay
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

I didn't pay with PayPal...

Thread Information