Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default Local Postage question

I am planning to sell my beginner set with the Nike standbag along with it on ebay

But this morning I take it to the post office close to my work place and they dunno what to do with it!!

So I need advice from you guys that how much the postage approx will be? And how should I post it? I want to post it on ebay ASAP.

If possible give me a few options I can choose from

Thanks in advance guys

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

with the stand bag as well that will bring the cost up a bit as postal stuff works on cubic volume.

normally, you could send just the irons in a standard club box for around $20-$25.

with the bag as well....that gets a little messy.

anoyone else here sent both items?

Senior Member Major Winner

A-Lo, go to a golf shop and get some of their old equipment boxes. Package it all up, and take it to the P.O. and they'll tell you the price.
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

yeah, pack it up best you can first using a box fro golfworks at the gabba and then see what it theoretically will cost.

they have spare bag boxes most of the time lying around and are glad to clear them away.

see if they have ones that had stand bags in them, should reduce the cubic volume some

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

How much are you selling the bag for, i need a travel bag, my old one has had it.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Will only sell the bag with the club set so sorry Blakey

goughy

Jaster sent a bag from someone at our club once. In a box it was some astronimical price. He took it out of the bag a wrapped it in bubble wrap and it was significantly cheaper. It was a staff bag too.

I've heard that it can be cheaper to send the clubs and the bag seperately.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

You should think about selling the bag separately A-Lo. It is a lot less hassle on the postage side.

Remember that the Courier-Mail WeekEnd Shopper does free ads for items below $100.

Also, if your parcel exceeds the Australia Post measurements, you will have to go to a Business Centre which is a pain in the ar$e. I've made the trip weekly for the last 3 weeks...

Thread Information