PDA

View Full Version : MIZUNO MP32 Irons

Trung
4th November 2004, 09:33 PM
MP32? Can anyone give me a review?

I tried Sarah Oh's MP32 with Nippon 95g (R) shaft. Sweetest club I have ever hit, that including my current LTs :oops:

A mate is going to the states next month for a PGA summit. He is staying with a Pro there that run a golf shop, able to buy at trade price direct from his mate.
RRP is $799US, I would think cost less tax with be around $500US.

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp?SUBCATEGORY_ID=5263

drunken
4th November 2004, 09:38 PM
Cant' help. They don't make them to stand on the right side of the ball....

nudgee
4th November 2004, 10:45 PM
Hey Trung,

Tried a set with x-100 shafts that a mate of mine has and I think they are absolutely sweet!!! These irons are not only pretty but are like butter and have great deal of forgiveness. The only problems is the fact that been so new the sets are still relatively expensive.

Now if you really wanna blow some money get a set of the custom black MP32s - $1250USD. They are without doubt an absolute thing of beauty

Link http://img75.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img75&image=DSC00248.jpg

McMw
4th November 2004, 11:50 PM
just another blade... :wink:

Trung....I would advice that you take her set out (if she'll let you) for at least 36 holes...
if you still think they're great, then go for it...

you really can't tell after a few hits only...

Trung
5th November 2004, 07:13 AM
Drunken, :twisted:
Nudgee, Nice but too expensive.
Mau, I will arrange a game after work next week.

nudgee
5th November 2004, 07:35 AM
Trung,

Mau's advice is good - take them for a full round! I played nearly nine holes with them and really liked them. Although isnt it normal to always hit new golf clubs better than the ones we have?? at least enough to sucker us into buying something new and then when the honeymoon is over then we start looking again - the way of the golf ho is a sickness!!

If my gauge designs werent so sweet I would be all over the Mizuno Black Set - heck my other half is getting a bloody expensive diamond ring (well soon enough anyway) - why can't I get myself an expensive treat :cry:

BrisVegas
5th November 2004, 07:45 AM
If my gauge designs werent so sweet I would be all over the Mizuno Black Set - heck my other half is getting a bloody expensive diamond ring (well soon enough anyway) - why can't I get myself an expensive treat :cry:

What's this? :shock: It this an engagement ring you're buying? Or just a gift.... :?: :?: :?:

nudgee
5th November 2004, 07:49 AM
mate I have dodged the "M" bullets for long enough and I am getting too tired or is it old??? anyway bvegas - once we move in the house I have intentions of making an honourable woman out my better half :wink: most likely in the new year.

So i figure it would be fair for me to get a little goodie as well :wink:

BrisVegas
5th November 2004, 07:53 AM
Good for you Jamie! You're doing the right thing I say. Best thing I ever did! 8)

Before the ring is on her finger is the time for negotiating. A friend of mine who was pursued by his girlfriend to get married, finally said that he would buy her an engagement ring if she bought him a dirtbike. He's now happily married and has a XR650 in the garage. :lol: :P

A decent engagement ring has to be worth some serious golf gear.... :wink:

Jarro
5th November 2004, 08:06 AM
Although isnt it normal to always hit new golf clubs better than the ones we have??

funny about that isn't it :roll:

nudgee
5th November 2004, 08:18 AM
I reckon golf manufacturers put some special demo dust on irons so that when you are demoing them they will perform better. Once bought the dust wears off after a while and then one feels the need to buy another set.

we are all victims of this golf conspiracy :shock: at least the golf hos are!!

Fishman Dan
5th November 2004, 08:54 AM
Good for you Jamie! You're doing the right thing I say. Best thing I ever did! 8)

Before the ring is on her finger is the time for negotiating. A friend of mine who was pursued by his girlfriend to get married, finally said that he would buy her an engagement ring if she bought him a dirtbike. He's now happily married and has a XR650 in the garage. :lol: :P

Good call. I've got a club membership down here in Sydney that i didn't have before the wedding ;)

Good stuff Nudgee - got a plan for the presentation? Does she know it's coming?

AndyP
5th November 2004, 08:56 AM
I reckon golf manufacturers put some special demo dust on irons so that when you are demoing them they will perform better. Once bought the dust wears off after a while and then one feels the need to buy another set.

we are all victims of this golf conspiracy :shock: at least the golf hos are!!
Where can we get this demo dust? Ebay? =P~

Congratulations on taking a step towards the big M, nudgee. 8)

Jarro
5th November 2004, 08:58 AM
Good stuff Nudgee - got a plan for the presentation? Does she know it's coming?

knowing Jamie, i'd say it'll be on the 18th green after he and Mrsnudgeetobe have just finished a round of golf :roll:

nudgee
5th November 2004, 09:13 AM
hang on fellas I havent taken the step yet - it has been approved by my brain so now I need to do it.

all this pressure - I cant take it :wink:

Jarro
5th November 2004, 09:23 AM
hang on fellas I havent taken the step yet - it has been approved by my brain so now I need to do it.

all this pressure - I cant take it :wink:

too late to back out now my friend ...

Flowergirl has all the flowers ready to go
I have the band arranged
Blakey is thinking up some wity jokes to tell (he's MC)
Tezza is working on security
Shavey is getting Lakelands grand Ballroom prepared as the venue

.. why it's the Ozgolf wedding of the century :!: :lol: :wink: :shock:

nudgee
5th November 2004, 09:26 AM
jarro great plan!

My only concern is that G69 may try and crash the party and you know what he is like with a couple of ales in him :roll: he he he

Jarro
5th November 2004, 09:30 AM
jarro great plan!

My only concern is that G69 may try and crash the party and you know what he is like with a couple of ales in him :roll: he he he

don't worry mate, he's only good at organising the event.

he won't turn up :roll: :P

BrisVegas
5th November 2004, 10:47 AM
Nudge, If you decide to have the ceremony at Brookwater, I'm sure I could organise for a few drunken bums to moon the background of your photos... 8) :lol:

Actually, there's a thought. :idea: We should do an OZGolf day there to coincide with the nuptials. Only concern would be the site of AndyP doing the nude run around the car park after shooting 17 points again. Might put the guests off their canapes... :smt078

AndyP
5th November 2004, 10:56 AM
Actually, there's a thought. :idea: We should do an OZGolf day there to coincide with the nuptials. Only concern would be the site of AndyP doing the nude run around the car park after shooting 17 points again. Might put the guests off their canapes... :smt078
:smt011
I get the feeling that it could be a while before someone breaks my record.

No chance of me doing that again though, Vegas. 8-[

BrisVegas
5th November 2004, 11:03 AM
Only concern would be the site of AndyP doing the nude run around the car park after shooting 17 points again
Oh I dunno... Just looking at some of the second round scores from Cool-Tweed....

Blakey's 95 was roughly 18 points....
Trung's 100 was approx 17 points....
brooky17's 118 is approx 7 points....
Kee's 134 worked out at -1 point.... :shock:

AndyP
5th November 2004, 11:20 AM
17 points
Oh I dunno... Just looking at some of the second round scores from Cool-Tweed....

Blakey's 95 was roughly 18 points....
Trung's 100 was approx 17 points....
brooky17's 118 is approx 7 points....
Kee's 134 worked out at -1 point.... :shock:
Thanks for the encouragement, but because it was stroke, you can't really convert it to a stableford score unless you have their full card. :-k

BrisVegas
5th November 2004, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the encouragement, but because it was stroke, you can't really convert it to a stableford score unless you have their full card. :-k

I was trying to encourage you, not be scientific. :wink:

Jarro
5th November 2004, 11:47 AM

No chance of me doing that again though, Vegas. 8-[

how the hell did you only manage 17 points anyway :?

AndyP
5th November 2004, 01:08 PM
how the hell did you only manage 17 points anyway :?
A three word summary: golfer sixty nine. :wink:

If you saw me play at all from May to August, you would wonder how I got that many.

Very, very bad form patch.
If I knew why I was playing bad, I wouldn't have been having those poor scores.
But one of the major faults was that I was hitting the turf several centimetres behind the ball.

.........So how about those MP-32s? :roll:

AndyP
5th November 2004, 01:48 PM
centimetres....you kidding...try a coupla feet. :shock:
Yeah, 60 centimetres. :roll:

Anyhow it was an honour to be riding with you in the cart that day....pure "entertainment". \:D/ :smt038
You can always be guaranteed of having an enjoyable day at Brooky, I'm just glad I could play my part. 8)

Jarro
5th November 2004, 03:07 PM
should be an interesting day at Northlakes next saturday then too i suppose :lol:

amanda
5th November 2004, 06:04 PM

I'm glad Brad wasn't really into golf before we got engaged - all he got was a $2500 Tag Heur watch :wink:

markTHEblake
5th November 2004, 06:40 PM
Blakey's 95 was roughly 18 points

well there was no need to discourage me. :oops:

To make me feel better i worked it out - I had 24pts
You know 50 for 9 holes is a pretty good effort with 4 Pars.
Gotta look on the brighter side y'know

Eag's
5th November 2004, 09:31 PM
Nudge, If you decide to have the ceremony at Brookwater, I'm sure I could organise for a few drunken bums to moon the background of your photos... 8) :lol:

:smt046 :smt042 :smt043 that's some funny shite there Vegas :smt023

markTHEblake
5th November 2004, 09:51 PM
he has been mixing with G69 for to long

McMw
19th February 2005, 06:29 PM
the Mp32s are being marketed (in Asia) as clubs for 0-12hcp...

Mp37s for 0-5
Mp33s for 0-8
Mp30s for 0-12
Mx23s for 0-24

will hunt down the Mp32s next week in KL to have a decent looksie... :D

Ona
19th February 2005, 11:20 PM
http://toons.artie.com/halloween/arg-zombie-walk-backnforth-brite-url.gif

:)

Jono
20th February 2005, 11:42 AM
there's only 1 thing I want to say about these irons ... I WANT O-N-E !!!!! :lol:

Trung
20th February 2005, 12:16 PM
which ONE iron would to like to purchase?

The 2-iron?
or maybe the 3-iron?
so on, so on :smt061

TS
20th February 2005, 01:22 PM
Friend of mine bought a set of MP 32 with Nippon 95 (R) shaft together with a Ogio carry bag for $A1000 in KL. The clubs have a great feel and the shaft has a nice kick to it. I had ask him to get me a set next time he goes to KL.

Trung, wouldn't the 95R be too soft for you?

Jarro
20th February 2005, 01:27 PM

nope.

..... juuuuuuust right :P :wink:

Jono
20th February 2005, 03:53 PM
which ONE iron would to like to purchase?

The 2-iron?
or maybe the 3-iron?
so on, so on :smt061

One SET, ya goose ... :? :wink:

Actually, I want 5 iron down to PW. Nippon 950 Stiff, velvet cord grips. My 2 - 4 iron hybrids STAY in the bag. Gotta be pretty awesome long irons to replace the Wishon 321LI's ...

When the price comes down a bit, perhaps ...

Jono
20th February 2005, 03:55 PM

nope.

..... juuuuuuust right :P :wink:

Right on, Jarro ... :wink: :lol:

Trung
20th February 2005, 06:42 PM
boys.... give me your best... those are piss weak :wink:

Jono
21st February 2005, 05:34 PM
boys.... give me your best... those are p%ss weak :wink:

They're still stronger than your 120 meter 5 irons ... :twisted: :wink:

Jono
21st February 2005, 05:40 PM
I am this close from getting a set of these ... SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!! :lol:

JonHO

Trung
21st February 2005, 06:15 PM
Jono, read my lips...

MP32... yum yum :P :P

Jono
22nd February 2005, 05:22 PM
Jono, read my lips...

MP32... yum yum :P :P

Man, you are NOT helping ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

990B Luva
22nd February 2005, 05:57 PM
Bite, Jono, Bite
GET THE MP32s

McMw
23rd February 2005, 03:55 PM
unfortunately, I didn't get to see the Mp32s in KL... :(

I did see some funky MP30s tho...maybe Jpn issued, coz they had a very "carbon" look to them, and yellow letterings for the MP30 (on the cavity back)...

didn't hold it, as it wasn't of much interest to me...

saw the MP27...yuck - better off with the MP30...

what I did see and like was the MP30/33 combo...
they're having a promotion, bring in any iron set (old), and trade it in for RM1700 off the 3790sticker price...making the set (DGS300) effectively RM2090 - which is cheap!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jono
23rd February 2005, 04:58 PM
Well ... I BIT ... but not hard enough. :cry:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7136441272

It sounds like another Aussie won the bid. Good on him. But by the time he pays for shipping, GST, and duty ... it will be close to $1000 Australian. I'll wait for a better deal. 8)

Trung
23rd February 2005, 10:49 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36217&item=7135808805&rd=1

Come on JONO... 10 hours left 8)

Trung
7th March 2005, 09:18 AM
Jono, are your new sticks here yet mate? :P

Jono
7th March 2005, 06:38 PM
Jono, are your new sticks here yet mate? :P

Not even close ... :? I rang the guy couple of days ago, and he's still waiting for them to be sent out from Mizuno. Because I ordered custom specs (Nippon shafts, length, lie, loft, etc) he said they would have to assemble the set especially for me. I might give him a call tonight to see how it's going. Can't wait to get my hands on them though ... :D

McMw
16th May 2005, 05:35 PM
played with a golfer yesterday who had the Mp32s in the bag...looks sweet...

good swinger of the club he is, so he was hitting some of the irons really well...

might have to hook up with him some 9holer games so that I can have a whack with them....

only prob is that he's got NSPRO shafts in them.... :?

Jono, DEFN bigger than the MP37s in my room....so either the MP37s are TINY, or the Mp32s are mid-sized blades...

in fact, I'm positive the 690.mbs are smaller than the MP32s....

Jono
16th May 2005, 07:47 PM
I've got the MP32's coming ... I actually wanted Stiff NSPro shafts ... I'm one of the few people that actually like the feeling of Nippon shafts ... well, in irons anyway. I decided to settle for DG S300's.

Fingers crossed I can hit these things ... I had a quick hit of Pete's in the nets ... felt good but you can't really tell until you play them.

markTHEblake
16th May 2005, 08:44 PM
sorry i didnt look in this thread earlier. If you want Mizuno gear i might be able help you buy direct. Not sure if he is willing to sell direct to public outside his own circle of freinds (becuase that compromises the wholesale/retailer relationship) but it dont hurt to ask. From memory the going mates rate is $1300 for 10 irons, bag, gloves, towels and hats (or was that 11 irons?).

Courty
17th May 2005, 06:37 PM
Jono,

don't want to make you jealous, but I might be scoring a near new set of these for cheap! :shock:
I guy I play with (who was a low single figure player) is struggling with an arm injury and is looking to go back to a more forgiving cavity back set of irons. His 6 month old MP32's have my name on them if he decides to get something else... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Trung
17th May 2005, 06:54 PM
I've got the MP32's coming ... I actually wanted Stiff NSPro shafts ... I'm one of the few people that actually like the feeling of Nippon shafts ... well, in irons anyway.  I decided to settle for DG S300's.

Fingers crossed I can hit these things ... I had a quick hit of Pete's in the nets ... felt good but you can't really tell until you play them.

I started the thread, you bought the clubs :lol:

Hey, should I post the PM that you sent to me? :twisted: :idea:

Jono
20th May 2005, 09:46 PM
The MP32's have landed ... 8)

Can't wait to hit'em ... :lol: You still dreaming about them, Trung? :wink:

Jono
20th May 2005, 09:47 PM
Jono,

don't want to make you jealous, but I might be scoring a near new set of these for cheap! :shock:
I guy I play with (who was a low single figure player) is struggling with an arm injury and is looking to go back to a more forgiving cavity back set of irons. His 6 month old MP32's have my name on them if he decides to get something else...  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Mate, the price I am getting these for ... I think YOU might be jealous ... :wink: Let us know if you get these sticks ...

Trung
21st May 2005, 12:29 PM
The MP32's have landed ...  8)

Can't wait to hit'em ...  :lol:

Nice clubs Jono, I can't wait to see you duff'em...

My LTs did a nice job for me today. :P \:D/ [-o< :smt003 :smt023

Jono
21st May 2005, 05:03 PM
My LTs did a nice job for me today.  :P  \:D/  [-o<  :smt003  :smt023

Man, what did you shoot? You went from 6.2 to 5.0 ... so either Carnarvon was playing exceptionally hard or you shot under par. :shock:

Trung
21st May 2005, 07:20 PM
My LTs did a nice job for me today.  :P  \:D/  [-o<  :smt003  :smt023

Man, what did you shoot?  You went from 6.2 to 5.0 ... so either Carnarvon was playing exceptionally hard or you shot under par.  :shock:

Found out that the CCR for today is 74 so it's 4.6 now  :P

7th May - Played well on medal day before I left for Hong Kong.
7.0->6.2 (Net 70, CCR 74)

15 May - Played well last Sunday for 37 points
6.2->6.0 (CCR 72)

21st May - Had 41 points today (CCR 74)
6.0->4.6 All time low  :P

I think I want the MP32s now, not.  :wink:

Courty
21st May 2005, 07:36 PM
There goes any chance I had (or anyone else for that matter) of picking up the Ozgolf Most Improved Player for 2005. Maybe I should let the h'cap drift back out & try again next year... :roll:

Trung
21st May 2005, 07:40 PM
Hiya Courty,

Show me some L-O-V-E 8).

kwantfm
22nd May 2005, 01:41 PM
Trung,

We need to talk SOON...

Terence

Jono
22nd May 2005, 04:49 PM
Trung,

We need to talk SOON...

Terence

Be afraid, Trung. Be very afraid ... :wink:

Jono
22nd May 2005, 04:51 PM
Hiya Courty,

Show me some L-O-V-E  8).

Well ... I must say, that's pretty good playing. I take my hat off and bow in your general direction ... :lol: It just makes my VICTORY at Vintage look that much better ... :wink: 8)

Courty, there's still plenty of time for you to catch up. :wink:

Courty
22nd May 2005, 05:02 PM
Courty, there's still plenty of time for you to catch up.  :wink:

Not after today's effort. I think I'm gonna retire & take up lawn bowls :oops: :cry: :cry:

Trung
25th May 2005, 06:41 PM
Trung,

We need to talk SOON...

Terence

Great idea mate... Whats the topic? :D

3oneday
25th May 2005, 06:56 PM
Trung,

We need to talk SOON...

Terence

Great idea mate... Whats the topic?  :DTrungster, we haven't spoken for a while mate :twisted: hows things :twisted: :twisted:

Something needed to get that handicap down to the elusive 4 maybe :?: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kwantfm
25th May 2005, 07:11 PM
Trung,

Time for a round at Concord... mmmuuusssttt kkknnnooowww yyyooouuurrr ssseeecccrrreeettt!

Cheers,
Terence

Pinglauncher
25th May 2005, 08:08 PM
Trung,

Time for a round at Concord... mmmuuusssttt kkknnnooowww yyyooouuurrr ssseeecccrrreeettt!

Cheers,
Terence

Terence

I will happily caddy, take notes and video. :idea:

Maybe we can sell the SEEECCCRRREEETTT.

kwantfm
25th May 2005, 08:19 PM
We should probably have a round at Carnarvon...

Jono
25th May 2005, 08:23 PM
Trung,

Cheers,
Terence

If Trung shoots his handicap at Concord first time round, I'll play in the Ozgolf Champs this year wearing only my undies ... :shock: :lol:

Go on Trung ... I dare ya. 8)

markTHEblake
25th May 2005, 08:37 PM
If Trung shoots his handicap at Concord first time round, I'll play in the Ozgolf Champs this year wearing only my undies ...  :shock:   :lol:

Go on Trung ... I dare ya.  8)

Just thought it worthwhile preserving that statement.

Trung
25th May 2005, 09:14 PM
Trung,

We need to talk SOON...

Terence

Great idea mate... Whats the topic?  :DTrungster, we haven't spoken for a while mate  :twisted: hows things :twisted:  :twisted:

Something needed to get that handicap down to the elusive 4 maybe  :?:  :wink:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

4 = Vardon Events? :P

Pete, been having lunch at GG's cafe right next to your work. We will have to tee it up next week. A mate took over that shop a few months back.

Trung
25th May 2005, 09:16 PM
Trung,

Cheers,
Terence

If Trung shoots his handicap at Concord first time round, I'll play in the Ozgolf Champs this year wearing only my undies ...  :shock:   :lol:

Go on Trung ... I dare ya.  8)

Not sure if I want to see in your undies mate. You ain't ready my type.

Maybe the other boys can give you a good workout in the bushes... Vaseline would be very useful... :roll:

Trung
25th May 2005, 09:19 PM
We should probably have a round at Carnarvon...

I can organise that... I'm away for a few weeks from Carnarvon, so how about mid-June?

PS. I will leave Concord with yourself to organise mate :wink:

Trung
25th May 2005, 09:20 PM
Trung,

Cheers,
Terence

Terence

I will happily caddy, take notes and video.  :idea:

Maybe we can sell the SEEECCCRRREEETTT.

You don't want to see on video. It's ugly :oops: :oops: :oops:

3oneday
26th May 2005, 05:21 AM
4 = Vardon Events?  :P

Pete, been having lunch at GG's cafe right next to your work. We will have to tee it up next week.  A mate took over that shop a few months back.sounds good mate, let me know.

kwantfm
26th May 2005, 07:19 AM
Trung,

That GGs is on the corner of where I work too... perhaps a three ball?

Cheers,
T

3oneday
26th May 2005, 08:24 AM
Trung,

That GGs is on the corner of where I work too... perhaps a three ball?

Cheers,
Tyummy, a threesome :shock: 8) :wink:

kwantfm
26th May 2005, 08:55 AM
I was quite careful to write three ball as opposed to threesome!

3oneday
26th May 2005, 10:13 AM
I was quite careful to write three ball as opposed to threesome!sooo, I'm not missing any ?? who is ??????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trung
26th May 2005, 01:40 PM
How about tomorrow at GGs?

kwantfm
26th May 2005, 03:26 PM
You two go... I've got meetings solid until 2:00 pm...

Trung
26th May 2005, 03:29 PM
Happy to leave it till next week..

:wink:

kwantfm
26th May 2005, 04:16 PM
Sounds good...