PDA

View Full Version : Ebay feedback

mike
7th June 2008, 07:37 AM
On 27th of April I bought a Ripstik (http://www.ripstikusa.com/product/) from US ebay. Couldn't get one locally and I wanted it for my son's birthday on the 27th of May.

I paid on the same day as I won the auction and they marked it as payment received on the next day.

They then send me an email saying these products take an extra 4 working days to process and international postage an extra 3 days on top of that. Not that big a deal, but I would have preferred they make some mention of that on the listing.

Anyway, it finally turned up on 4th of June. According to the postage documents it wasn't sent until 25th of May.

I've emailed them asking for an explanation .

A week has passed with no reply.

I've never left negative feedback before . Do I hit them with the big red button?

kpac
7th June 2008, 07:43 AM
i read somewhere recently that ebay's negative feed back setup has changed:

Buyers can leave negative feedback, but sellers cant..... so you should look into that - cause i wouldn't imagine they'll give you positive feedback if you neg them.

Even though i too over a month to get here - it still got here, if they guaranteed you a date, that'd be different, but you are buying something international... i pretty much expect delays with most international products

Scottt
7th June 2008, 07:59 AM
Go back and look at the listing. If what they promised you differs a bit from what you got, give them neutral feedback. If it differs a lot or if they didn't do a good job of the customer service side of the deal, neg them.

Courty
7th June 2008, 08:20 AM
Send them another email threatening negative feedback. That gets them jumping. I even got the shipping cost refunded when I had a shipping drama once.

goughy
7th June 2008, 08:28 AM
And check if they've already given you feedback. So far you've done the right job by paying in time, so sometimes they give you feedback straight after that. Then you're free to do whatever after that.

Also, check the feedback they've left others. If they're big and busy they may not leave feedback at all. Maybe wait on that.

Jarro
7th June 2008, 10:22 AM
neg 'em mate, that sounds like you were shafted with regards to the shipping

3oneday
7th June 2008, 01:12 PM
Just neg em, no repercussions from your end, they either leave positive or none. They could claim through ebay that it was unfair but if you have the postage receipts they got nothin.

Fishman Dan
7th June 2008, 04:19 PM
Timely thread Mike. I bought a CD the other day. Seller took a long time to respond, I paid promptly, it then took over a week to deliver, only to find a whopping great circular scratch on the bottom. It's fine except for Track 3. The item description says nothing and wear and tear.

I sent a message to say I was disappointed - now it's silence from them. Knowing the negatives can't go tit-for-tat is a bonus, although I'd prefer they'd reply and we sort things out.

3oneday
7th June 2008, 04:49 PM
You can request their phone number by going to "contact member" or something and entering the seller name and item number. This will send you their phone number, and them yours. Whether the details are correct is another issue ;)

Webster
7th June 2008, 05:42 PM
Neg and move on. At least you got what you paid for.

Flowergirl
7th June 2008, 06:01 PM
That's just slack. No excuses just cos it's overseas. I buy a bit of stuff from the US. Just recently bought some golf clothing and I had it within a week. Same for some jewellry too.
Hit em with the neg and at least other buyers will be aware.

markTHEblake
8th June 2008, 01:03 PM
IMHO its only a Neg if the product was wrong, bad, not sent etc.

As its only a customer service issue, you should only leave a neutral.

But of course threaten them with a neg. :-)

3oneday
8th June 2008, 02:07 PM
A month to send with no communication is a neg in my books.

mike
8th June 2008, 07:02 PM
IMHO its only a Neg if the product was wrong, bad, not sent etc.
As its only a customer service issue, you should only leave a neutral.

So 4 weeks from payment received to sending item is OK by you ?

markTHEblake
8th June 2008, 07:31 PM
So 4 weeks from payment received to sending item is OK by you ?

based on what I wrote, obviously not.

Fishman Dan
8th June 2008, 09:44 PM
In my situation, the seller hasn't left feedback for me. Are they still able to neg me at this stage (I haven't neg'd them... yet)? I gave them another 24 hours for a response to refund my money.

3oneday
8th June 2008, 09:57 PM
Sellers cannot neg anymore, under any circumstances. Best you don't neg them if you are awaiting a refund.

If you paid through Paypal raise a dispute, if you didn't, chalk one up for ebays new payment rules !

Fishman Dan
8th June 2008, 10:14 PM
I'm not expecting a refund, all whopping $20 of it. I floated the idea in one of my responses since receiving the CD but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

mike
8th June 2008, 10:18 PM
I got this from them today;

"I apologize for the delay but that was the 2nd Ripstik we sent. The first one did not show any scan after it left the US. After we waited sufficient time for an updated scan and there was not one, we sent another to you. We have been having problems with items sent to Australia lately as most of them arrive very very late or don't arrive at all. I have filed two complaints with the post office as another one did not show any scan after it left the US. Again, I apologize for the delay but since we always make sure our buyers receive the item they purchase, we sent a replacement."

I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. I just wonder where the first one got to. It may still turn up , but I doubt it.

Dan, what is track #3 ?

Fishman Dan
8th June 2008, 10:24 PM
Mike - the third song on the album ;)

It's a CD we were given by a friend called Music For Dreaming that was a crappy recording, and it's great music for putting Ella to sleep. I couldn't find it in the shops and found a copy on eBay. The circular mark on the bottom seems to only affect that song - playing, copying or ripping to hard disk all fails on that track. Totally farnarkled.

The seller had to know about this when asking for money for it, and as I said before - no mention in the sale description.

Grunt
9th June 2008, 07:02 AM
Mike - the third song on the album ;)

It's a CD we were given by a friend called Music For Dreaming that was a crappy recording, and it's great music for putting Ella to sleep. I couldn't find it in the shops and found a copy on eBay. The circular mark on the bottom seems to only affect that song - playing, copying or ripping to hard disk all fails on that track. Totally farnarkled.

The seller had to know about this when asking for money for it, and as I said before - no mention in the sale description.

Ahh yes we have that CD, Rachelle used to put it on trying to get Tayla to sleep all that would happen was Rachelle would fall asleep holding Tayla :)

goughy
9th June 2008, 07:39 AM
So, sellers can't neg buyers any more? That can't be true? What's the point of that? I'm sure there are still buyers that do the wrong thing? Maybe instead they should give sellers 3 days from item payment to lodge feedback. If someone bought something, then took a month to pay with little or no communication then they deserve a neg too!

Mike, did you contact them often while waiting for the item and did they respond at all? If not, go the neutral. When looking at feedback these days I look as much at the neutrals as I do the negs. Since there are so few of both these days.

Fishy, if you can't be given a neg by them, and you've been contacting them and getting no response, or no good responses then neg them. They sold you faulty goods plain and simple, and whether they new they were faulty or not is not the factor. Doing nothing about it is the problem.

3oneday
9th June 2008, 07:45 AM
yes, it is true.

Fishman Dan
9th June 2008, 10:10 AM
Well, I neg'ed 'em. I don't feel happy doing it, but I get the impression they knowingly and deliberately sold me a faulty product.

FWIW - here's the feedback warning that 3oneday is referring to -

mike
9th June 2008, 11:52 AM
I still don't understand why a seller can't leave negative feedback.

I'd imagine plenty of buyers deserve it.

goughy
9th June 2008, 11:54 AM
Rob was saying that they should restrict sellers from giving negative feedback to buyers after having received a negative from the buyer. Stops the retalitory negs. I don't think there is any great way to do it though.

mike
9th June 2008, 12:01 PM
Mike, did you contact them often while waiting for the item and did they respond at all?

There were emails flying everywhere from both directions.

However, I didn't know they'd actually sent a second one until I got that email. They just kept reassuring me It would turn up ... eventually.

Fishman Dan
9th June 2008, 01:02 PM
Mike - did they leave your feedback promptly? In my case I haven't been given any feedback. I sensed all along they were waiting for the retaliatory response.

mike
9th June 2008, 06:16 PM
No feedback left for me yet. This wasn't unexpected, the big sellers all do it, ie no feedback left until they get it first.

I've now given them a positive. If they don't do likewise then they'll get to meet the angry Mike.

Fishman Dan
9th June 2008, 10:10 PM
Well my mob has found the 'Respond' button. Funny that!!

3oneday
9th June 2008, 10:36 PM
Well my mob has found the 'Respond' button. Funny that!!I guess they can now work hard to get the neg wiped ? Seems pointless if they can.

Fishman Dan
9th June 2008, 10:40 PM
I guess they can now work hard to get the neg wiped ? Seems pointless if they can.

The interesting thing is that they responded by saying "we we we" and "me me me", nothing about having supplied dodgy gear and putting out the buyer :roll:

And they still haven't my feedback yet.......

3oneday
10th June 2008, 10:49 AM
Here's a question... I just had a club arrive, cost me $55USD for postage and $4.50 for insurance. The USPS document shows no insurance was paid and the postage was $30.13USD.

I understand the old "postage and handling" but in this instance what is deemed fair ? I think they owe me $20.

Thoughts ?

PS, I thought it was excessive at the start and did happily pay. I am more pissed off about the insurance.

Webster
10th June 2008, 10:53 AM
If the postage cost was quoted to you before you bid, then you have to accept it, although in this case you could rightfully ask for the insurance amount to be refunded as they didnt pay for it.

mike
10th June 2008, 11:08 AM
Here's a question... I just had a club arrive, cost me $55USD for postage and $4.50 for insurance. The USPS document shows no insurance was paid and the postage was $30.13USD.

I understand the old "postage and handling" but in this instance what is deemed fair ? I think they owe me $20.

Thoughts ?

PS, I thought it was excessive at the start and did happily pay. I am more pissed off about the insurance.

$30.13 for postage. $24.87 for handling.

They all do it.

Insurance isn't necessary because the US postal system is so good.

Courty
10th June 2008, 04:29 PM
They may have some other insurance policy that covers goods in transit.

3oneday
10th June 2008, 04:48 PM
They may have some other insurance policy that covers goods in transit.maybe, shipping one club for $60 is crappy, but I think I'll hit it anyway...

too many weak moments :lol:

damoocow
25th July 2009, 10:02 PM
Bought a DVD listed as 'never viewed' - it turned up scratched !- Contacted seller and asked for a refund and a return address, she agreed to refund but would not give a postal adress for me to send the item back , nor did she refund my money. Went through paypal and have just had the case resolved in my favour and will get my refund. Am now considering what I will say in my neg feedback - 79 characters not enough ...

3oneday
26th July 2009, 01:38 AM
Whatever stops someone from buying from them should be fine ;)