PDA

View Full Version : The army choppers at indy the real story

Davemason
4th November 2004, 02:29 PM
http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,1658,393195,00.jpgThe sign on the army's helicopter was not part of a "lewd flight of fantasy" (C-M, Nov 3) . Quite the contrary. TITS is the recognised synonym for Terrorist Insurgency Trained Soldiers. There was not enough room on the sign for "Show Us Your Terrorist Insurgency Trained Soldiers", hence the use of the capital letters TITS . The standing down of the flight crew is a terrible waste of trained defence personnel. :wink:

Jarro
4th November 2004, 02:33 PM
nice story dave :roll: :lol:

Onewood
4th November 2004, 07:16 PM
These guys where flying low between the high risers all day :shock: Fancy trying to get away with that sign with thousands of camera's around :roll: I agree very well trained....just a little more discipline needed :D

markTHEblake
4th November 2004, 08:13 PM
10 years ago nobody would have given a stuff.

the irony is that social standards are declining, ie breakdown in family unit, tolerance of gay marriage, abortions, single parenting and so on. But a bloke cant say SUYT's anymore.....

Jarro
5th November 2004, 08:38 AM
Lawsie is copping plenty over that little gay-bash :roll:

did you hear what he called the fag :?: .. a pillowbiter :lol: :lol:

i know it's a pretty common tag but coming from Lawsie it was pure class 8)

markTHEblake
5th November 2004, 09:27 AM
Thats hilarious. A bloke (?) can walk around flaunting himself "i'm gay and proud of it", but if someone calls him a poof thats vilification.

marcel
5th November 2004, 02:46 PM
You blokes amaze me, you cop a little flak from the other site so take your balls and go elsewhere......

Someone objects to what is undoubtedly a derogatory term being broadcast to a HUGE public audience and that's not O.K. to be upset?

If it smells and tastes like homophobia then maybe it is

markTHEblake
5th November 2004, 03:06 PM
:smt102 :smt102 :smt102 :smt102 :smt102 :smt102 :smt102

Fishman Dan
5th November 2004, 03:08 PM
You blokes amaze me, you cop a little flak from the other site so take your balls and go elsewhere......

Someone objects to what is undoubtedly a derogatory term being broadcast to a HUGE public audience and that's not O.K. to be upset?

Anyone? :smt102

It's ok to be upset about what happened, but it's also ok to have a bit of fun - which is what we are doing at the expense of bored soldiers. We should send them off to a war somewhere :roll: They could atleast have used a more lighthearted term, like 'boobies'.

As for that homophobia call - in your own logic: because some 'borderline' comments have been made, we are all homophobes?

Let's just say your opinion is respected, but i think these people are comfortable with their views.

Jarro
5th November 2004, 03:11 PM

i'd hardly call the crap that was thrown our way from the dickheads at ISG a "little bit of flak"

.. just remember where you are marcel.

AndyP
5th November 2004, 03:13 PM
As for that homophobia call - in your own logic: because some 'borderline' comments have been made, we are all homophobes?
Thanks for putting into words, what I was thinking, Fishy.

Anyway, I thought this thread was about guys that like tits, not guys that like d*cks. :?

Fishman Dan
5th November 2004, 03:26 PM
I thought there were 3 points? Or was it 2 points and 1 opinion?

Choppa
5th November 2004, 04:19 PM
Just remember boy and girls, the stats say 1 in 9 people are gay.
How many ozgolfers do we have :?: You might be offending your fellow ozgolfer :(

Just look for the Pings I reckon :wink: :P

markTHEblake
5th November 2004, 05:29 PM
What a relief. I am member number 10 on this website.

anyway Chop, you cant talk. Your signature vilifies illegitimate male's and there is probably more of them here than in the Rainbow club.

marcel
6th November 2004, 06:59 AM
Gents,

I was in a hurry yesterday and maybe I didn't express my meaning fully.

I see a parallel between the events on isg that helped lead to ozgolf being established e.g. non-respect for opinions, belittling of complaints etc., and the complaints levelled here at the person who made the original objection to Lawsie's comments. To me that is incongruous. Not having heard the Laws broadcast I am only reacting to what was written here. In that context I believe his comments verge on homophobia, not an illegal past-time, just one I disagree with.

"but i think these people are comfortable with their views". – Fishman Dan
Fishman, me too, otherwise I don't imagine they'd post them, I'm quite comfortable disagreeing with them.

".. just remember where you are marcel." – jarro Please explain?

Fishman Dan
6th November 2004, 07:22 AM
Marcel - this place wasn't set up because there was a difference of opinions, there was actually a single incident that wasn't really dealt with by those who probably should have, which was a pretty sad indictment - i am sure if you find the right people they will tell you, i wasn't around when it happened and by the time i returned the messages had been deleted.

Today most of us prefer to post here because the atmosphere is a lot more friendly, you can get a thread going into the 'teens without someone getting antsy at another (and meaning it). Besides, i think there are more meaningful posts here daily than other forums.

markTHEblake
6th November 2004, 09:20 AM
Someone called someone a cretin and wasnt joking, and someone else didnt do anything about it. Low class act.

Yet its absolutely forbidden in todays society to call certain people pooftas.

Theres your parallel.

Jarro
6th November 2004, 09:59 AM
".. just remember where you are marcel." – jarro Please explain?

sounded to me like you were taking the piss out of us :?

marcel
7th November 2004, 08:24 AM
jarro, certainly wasn't trying to take the pee...

good on those who had the energy and smarts to start this site and keep it running. I wasn't trying to suggest that doing so was a cop out or similiar, wouldn't post here if I thought so.

mTb, "low class act" - undoubtedly

I don't think it's forbidden to call someone a poofta etc, but please allow me to be annoyed with people's opinions as they may be with mine.

FWIW, I think the helo crew gave adolescent behaviour a bad name.

Jarro
7th November 2004, 08:47 AM
jarro, certainly wasn't trying to take the pee...

good on those who had the energy and smarts to start this site and keep it running. I wasn't trying to suggest that doing so was a cop out or similiar, wouldn't post here if I thought so.

mTb, "low class act" - undoubtedly

I don't think it's forbidden to call someone a poofta etc, but please allow me to be annoyed with people's opinions as they may be with mine.

FWIW, I think the helo crew gave adolescent behaviour a bad name.

sorry to jump down your throat marcel, just a bit trigger happy :roll: :lol:

welcome aboard 8)

Ducky
14th November 2004, 03:39 AM
Thats hilarious. A bloke (?) can walk around flaunting himself "i'm gay and proud of it", but if someone calls him a poof thats vilification.
It's the same deal with the term "******". It's okay for one African-American to call another African-American a "******" (more like "niggah" because they are pronouncing it the ghetto way), but as soon as a Caucasian calls an African-American a "******", it's racist.

:?

The obvious conclusion as to why it is offensive (in both the case of homosexuals and African-Americans), is because the intent of the remarks differ.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Fishman Dan
14th November 2004, 09:05 AM
As they say, black/coloured/jewish/asian/blonde/etc jokes are always funniest when told by black/coloured/jewish/asian/blonde/etc people. ;)

Jarro
14th November 2004, 10:27 AM
pretty deep stuff there Fishfinger :roll:

Davemason
14th November 2004, 03:20 PM
Hey guys all I did was put a light hearted spin on a chopper crew having some fun at indy and whether it was right or wrong to do the stunt I think there was no harm done after all they are human, didn't intend it to end up to be a debate about racism.

AndyP
14th November 2004, 06:03 PM
You should be ashamed of yourself, Dave. You need to take some responsibility for the discussion and trouble that followed your post. :razz:

Seriously though, how could you possible know that the discussion would end up here? :shock:

BTW, sorry I didn't get to meet you yesterday.

Davemason
14th November 2004, 06:41 PM
You should be ashamed of yourself, Dave. You need to take some responsibility for the discussion and trouble that followed your post.

To true , but only the for the starting discussion topic and not for the following discussion that went off on a different direction all together.

BTW, sorry I didn't get to meet you yesterday.

I'm shore there will be more golf days in the great south east that I'll be coming to if not a big day like NL than when I'm next in Brisbane I'll see if any one wants a game with the hacker from the north. :P