PDA

View Full Version : The GC Kennedy Bay.

raidrboy
4th June 2008, 05:22 PM
I believe that the Golf Club Kennedy Bay (WA) has closed and the course owners have gone into receivership. It is hoped that it will only be a short of time until it is re-opened. Has anyone else heard or seen any information regards the closure.

Johnny Canuck
4th June 2008, 05:27 PM
Hi Raidrboy,

There are a few threads that have been talking about this, but with nothing in the title, so you wouldn't be aware of them.

I am (was) a member of Kennedy. From what we hear, there is a very good chance that it will be re-opening. I hope soon so that we can still get our pennant squad in. This year The Cut has moved into our division and I wouldn't mind playing a match play there.

The same owners also had St. Andrew's Beach and another (maybe San Remo or something like the pasta). They have 3 top courses with zero clubhouses.

For now, Kennedy is just an expensive place to jog for me. I am re-habbing a foor injury and the grass is now nice and soft as it hasn't been cut in a few weeks, which makes for good jogging. It is also pretty easy to calculate how far I have run!

Johnny Canuck
4th June 2008, 05:29 PM
The picture in my avatar is me playing is a crazy rainstorm on the beautiful par 3 16th, "Wee Tap".

Courty
4th June 2008, 05:54 PM
The picture in my avatar is me playing is a crazy rainstorm on the beautiful par 3 16th, "Wee Tap".

That would be where I made the only birdie of the day in my entire group (including Speirsy).

Johnny Canuck
4th June 2008, 06:29 PM
That would be where I made the only birdie of the day in my entire group (including Speirsy).]

Impressive scoring!

Spiersy made a few when I palyed with him, but not enough to pull out the victory. I love the home course advantage that Kennedy gives.

There have been entire comp days where there hasn't been a closest to the pin awarded on that hole as not a single person hit the green. I believe it has actually happened 2 or 3 times since I've been there. I myself have hit everything from lob wedge to 5 iron on the hole, depending on conditions.

virge666
4th June 2008, 09:15 PM
Geez, I am right with you... Love the place, wish it loved me.

I hit two of my longest drives EVER there. I also hit two of my shortest . . .

I think I lost 7 or 8 balls too... and I thought I was hitting them well...

Just brutal.

Johnny Canuck
4th June 2008, 10:18 PM
Geez, I am right with you... Love the place, wish it loved me.

I hit two of my longest drives EVER there. I also hit two of my shortest . . .

I think I lost 7 or 8 balls too... and I thought I was hitting them well...

Just brutal.

I hear you Virge. I have hit drives there that I will never come close to again.

I have been under par there, but I also remember a round where I hit everything pure, played fantastic, added up my score and had a 92! 20 over par, 16 over my handicap at the time and left extremely happy because I played great.

A few days later I went to Meadow Springs, hit the ball terrible and shot 75. K Bay was not good for the ego!