PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 2nd June

PeteyD
4th June 2008, 11:21 AM
Monthly Mug at the Bay. Chopped around in slushy conditions for 95/74. Could not hit driver at all today. 29 putts. 7 fairways after I went to 3W off the tee. No GIR everything was right today. Played solidly considering I haven't been getting out much.

Shaneo
4th June 2008, 03:42 PM
stableford today at southern

f/ways - 10/14
green - 12/18
putts - 30
bogeys - 4
birdies - 4

well a bit of a mixed bag today.
i made 3 bogeys from the middle of the fairway and i haven't done that for a while.
putting was pretty good although i had 4 that lipped out so i had my chances.
good scrambling round.

PeteyD
5th June 2008, 08:55 AM
Just checked Golf Link, some bloke on 25 shot80, for a 55 Nett!

dc68
5th June 2008, 09:13 AM
Eek!! New member?

3oneday
5th June 2008, 09:26 AM
probably new at maths :lol:

kpac
5th June 2008, 09:27 AM
Just checked Golf Link, some bloke on 25 shot80, for a 55 Nett!

:shock: get *&^%ed, even the very best burglars leave a feint glimmer of believability.....

PeteyD
5th June 2008, 09:30 AM
Could be a new member. Instant handicap drop to 18.

jaybam
5th June 2008, 04:31 PM
Sounds like the same bloke i was telling you about Peteyd. Probably using some one else's golf link card :(

Flowergirl
5th June 2008, 06:17 PM
Third and last round of club champs yesterday and Monthly medal. After last weeks dismal efort I redeemed myself with a 86/69 - runnerup for the medal and for the champs. Ther club champ won by a mere 11 shots:shock:
I was happy to be runnerup - that was my goal. Next year - maybe one step better.:smt023

Played in the District Foursomes at Sorrento in perfect conditions. What a great course!!! My partner and I won the Nett with a 71.5. We combined really well together and had a ball.:mrgreen:

PeteyD
5th June 2008, 07:53 PM
Nice shooting Renee!!

Could be. Glad I didn't have a day out, would hate to shoot nett 64 and get beaten like that.

kev
5th June 2008, 08:52 PM
Well done FG! :smt038

chappy1970
6th June 2008, 09:48 AM
FG, your awesome

Flowergirl
6th June 2008, 12:15 PM
Aw shucks.:smt038

Grunt
6th June 2008, 03:13 PM
Played Camden Valley this morning. I played better than in previous times but still left shots out there. Was not good when on the 2nd green I noticed that I had no Sand wedge in the bag but had Tayla's Young Guns 7 Iron :oops:.
Overall it was not that bad, but I still have a long way to go to be playing to my handicap again.

Stats

30 points (2 wipes, 6 one pointers & 4 pars)
96 gross
78 Nett
7/14 Fairways
2 GIR
31 Putts
2/13 Up & Downs
0/1 Sand Saves
2 Penalties

Next Game: Bankstown on Monday

3oneday
6th June 2008, 07:26 PM
Did you use the 7 ?

:lol:

Grunt
6th June 2008, 07:32 PM
No I did not :)

3oneday
6th June 2008, 07:39 PM
No I did not :)not even tempted ?

Grunt
6th June 2008, 07:51 PM
Yes I was, but had to work out how to bend over enough.

leighthebee
6th June 2008, 08:00 PM
79 nett 70 today at Pacific. Its playing 2 shots shorter than Par due to temporary holes, but playing to my handicap is the closest to a decent game I've had in months.

Certainly better than the 108, nett 99 I had at Northlakes black marker on Wednesday last week. Faark!

Courty
7th June 2008, 05:58 PM
Club Champs Round 1.

I posted a 79/71 today which I should be happy with considering my poor form of late. However I'm frustrated by my poor finish. I had soft bogies on each of the last 4 holes, every one of them was a miss from around the 4 ft mark.

Leading A-grade nett when I left was 66 (off 10), and leading gross was 69 (a South African ex-pro off 1).

My goal for the four rounds is to finish around square to my handicap, which should give me a pretty good chance of making the top 16 and qualifying for the Club Champ Matchplay.

haysey
7th June 2008, 06:50 PM
Well done Courty, solid start and a long way to go yet mate.

Says the bloke whose sitting at home quietly cursing:smt013

sms316
7th June 2008, 07:04 PM
Shot the love number at Yowani today for 39 points. Went bogey free for only the second time in my life and am now Australia's worst +1 marker.

PeteyD
7th June 2008, 07:27 PM
You really suck! Nice shooting.

mike
7th June 2008, 08:27 PM
I don't normally post here and I'm not about to start...

Courty
7th June 2008, 09:58 PM
Come on Mike... spit it out. Did you carve the 1st round of your Champs?

mike
7th June 2008, 10:36 PM
Not exactly.

Courty
7th June 2008, 10:39 PM
:neutral:

mike
7th June 2008, 10:40 PM
Nice shootin' by you btw.

mike
7th June 2008, 10:41 PM
86/73 . Running 4th in B grade . If I could only chip that score coulda been soooo much better.

Courty
7th June 2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks. Nice work, Mike. Hold it together for 3 more & Bob's your mothers brother! :)

mike
7th June 2008, 10:47 PM
Had 12 approaches land close to the green and couldn't convert ANY of them . Not one.

Julie
8th June 2008, 07:50 AM
Well done Flowergirl.

I had a very beautiful 86net yesterday:oops::oops:, I had to work hard for it as well.:lol::lol:

I am in fine form for our Club Champs which start next week.:lol::lol:
I am going to go back out there today and see if I can redeem myself.:lol:

markTHEblake
8th June 2008, 12:59 PM
Went bogey free for only the second time in my life and am now Australia's worst +1 marker.

Good to know that its hard for even a scratch marker. I almost pulled it off twice, (two days in a row oddly enough), but still remains one of my bigger goals in golf.

Played in a Bingo, Bango, Bongo today for the first time, combined with a 4BBB side bet and some other stuff. i had a disgraceful front 9, everything going wrong, and I thought i was getting thrashed but was placed 2nd, plus i thought that the BBB was a pairs bet and its not.

On the back 9 I made a swing change, and worked out how to play this game properly, and being invigorated I came good, including winning a bucket of cash on the last hole - 12 units at 50c each :razz:

I like this game. I think we should play it on ozgolf days.

Grunt
8th June 2008, 01:04 PM
How does it work MTB? Have seen it in my intelligolf games but not knowing how it works, have never attempted it.

markTHEblake
8th June 2008, 01:07 PM
Bingo - first player on the green
Bango - closest to the pin from off the green
Bongo - longest putt

other variations could include longest drives, who won the hole etc,

and there would be a set price per unit, like 50c

the concept makes it easy for high handicappers to compete, ie the low handicapper will probbaly get on the green first, but the chopper gets to chip on and get closer

Grunt
8th June 2008, 01:11 PM
Might see if anyone wants to have a go at it at Bankstown tomorrow. Sounds like good fun.

BrisVegas
8th June 2008, 03:08 PM
had a hit at Coolangatta-Tweed West this morning with g69 & kpac. Hit the ball nicely, but chipped and putted like a C grader. 35 points. Driver and irons working well. If I could chip and putt..... ahh well, it was a fun morning out.

Courty
8th June 2008, 10:46 PM
Club Champs Round 2.

I shot 83/75 today. Considering the way I struck the ball, that's an unbelievable score. It was one of my worst ball-striking rounds ever. Lucky though, my short game was on fire and certainly saved me from a far worse score.

I've done the Maltby stats sheet on the past 2 rounds...

Round 1
Fairways: 3
Greens: 5
Putts: 31

Round 2
Fairways: 6
Greens: 5
Putts: 27

Grunt
9th June 2008, 06:47 AM
Courty, are you still in the hunt to be in the top 16?

Courty
9th June 2008, 07:41 AM
Dunno. There were still a lot of players to come in when I left yesterday. I'm only 2 over nett for 36 holes, so I reckon I'm not doing too bad. Yesterday was blowing about 30km/h, so there will be some cricket scores.

Grunt
9th June 2008, 07:42 AM
Well best of luck in the other rounds, or are your champs matchplay from now?

Courty
9th June 2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks. The matchplay is the top 16 in each grade after 72 holes. Rounds 3 & 4 are next weekend.

Scottt
9th June 2008, 08:11 AM
Played matchplay yesterday at Wollongong. Was even after 6 holes to be +5 and ended up winning 4&2. Shot 80 with two triples!!

What a lovely course. There is something about seaside golf that cannot be beat.

jaybam
9th June 2008, 03:47 PM
Played a single stab today at carbrook with PeteyD. Was wet under foot and had a few showers during the round but not enough to be a problem. Played great with a 74 with 39 points.

10 fairways
7 greeens
27 putts

3 birdies for the day too which is always nice. One was a chip in on the hardest hole wich gave me a lovley 4 pointer :) Was good enought that when i was leaving i was in the lead but dont expect it to hold all day. Either way should drop a bit off the old handicap so am happy :)

Eag's
9th June 2008, 03:56 PM
Well played JB :smt023

PeteyD
9th June 2008, 04:13 PM
Played round a soggy Carbrook. 33 Points. Started solidly but faded on the back 9. The 13* Sumo experiment is going along pretty well. 8 Fairways, 1 GIR, 31 Putts (3 putt 16 and 18 ...).

AndyP
9th June 2008, 04:43 PM
08/06/2008, Club Pelican, Social Round (16 holes).

Another few weeks between rounds, but it doesn't seem to do too much damage to my ball striking. It was relatively good, although I didn't hit too many greens. Getting the distance right was a problem at times, but the wind would have been a factor.

2 sand saves and a chip in early in the round were nice, but the short game was disappointing overall. Towards the end of the round, the concentration lapses crept in and I couldn't find a way to get pars. I was square with my handicap through the first nine, and slipped to five behind by the time we finished. It was an enjoyable hitout though.

Next round: Nudgee Plate, 15/6 with the rest of the chumps.

Grunt
9th June 2008, 05:36 PM
Played Bankstown today with Ping, 3oneday & Brad

Happy with my game overall

36 points
89 Gross
71 nett
6 Fairways
3 GIR
32 Putts
4/11 Up & Downs
1/2 Sand Saves
2 Penalty strokes

New clubs are really starting to work. Got to get my iron swing into my head off the tee and it will be all good.

leighthebee
9th June 2008, 06:01 PM
32 points in a knockaround at Pacific in the wet.

Grunt
9th June 2008, 07:55 PM
Played Bankstown today with Ping, 3oneday & Brad

Happy with my game overall

36 points
89 Gross
71 nett
6 Fairways
3 GIR
32 Putts
4/11 Up & Downs
1/2 Sand Saves
2 Penalty strokes

New clubs are really starting to work. Got to get my iron swing into my head off the tee and it will be all good.

Oops Wrong week !! Silly Public Holidays

Scottt
9th June 2008, 10:05 PM
How did the 3 new greens play Scott ?

They were great. I hope the club gets the cash together soon to finish the job so I can see it in all its glory.

The only criticism I'd make is that the water eats in to the approach to the 5th green a bit too much. When it's playing as a short par four it's just too risky to have a crack.

Loved the 18th. Great hole.

Courty
11th June 2008, 04:49 PM
Courty, are you still in the hunt to be in the top 16?

I looked up the results today. I am currently 12th in the nett.

Scottt
11th June 2008, 05:04 PM
Scott...don't throw hole numbers at me, they've changed them a dozen times recently and I have no idea whats what.
Question..the first hole...the one with the gigantic fence along the carpark. It was a really tight chunk of land with that adjacent fairway, as with most fairways at The Gong. We built these little linksy mounds and told them to grow rough shaggy couch on them...but it appears the couch has gone nuts and they are losing balls in there. If they just shave the couch down it will lose the effect we had hoped.

Should we just knock it all down and make that one joint fairway ?....the further left you hit away from the water the tougher shot in.

PS this is a one I can take more criticism for...as i've been more hands on with the works. I really hope they get the coin together to finish it..it could be a little gem.

Par four down the fenceline with the creek crossing the fairway and a pot bunker in front of the green. Love it. They are playing it as #6 at the moment. The tussock grass ion that hole actually wasn't too thick from memory. I doidn't go in it, so not sure, but it looked a bit more playable.

It could work as one giant fairway. Could be some safety issues then, but it would be pretty linksy and cool.

Could even make the fairway area joining the two holes have some mounds and hollows, so that if you hit it there you still have a shot, but you'll have an uphill/downhill/sidehill lie. Would make the approach to 18 bloody interesting if you had a ball-below-feet lie and the water to the right, and same for #6, with that creek short and right.

The green next to the putting green is the one I was referring to as having the water cutting in too much. Even at 260m, no one will have a crack as the area you have to run up onto the green is only about 10m wide and feeds to the water.

Also, I know this isn't ar archi issue, but they need to run their farways to the green on the short par fours. The elemwent of risk and reward isn't there if you have thick rough for 50m before the green. Why have a crack?

The par threes and fives are the strength and poyential strength of the course, for mine. 1, 3, 5, 10, 12, 14, 17 and 18 are great holes. 9 and 8 could use some work.

I'd move the tee on 9 a bit further forward to make it more tempting to fly the pond and be in position to have a shot of making it in two.