PDA

View Full Version : Teamfore Golf

Fishman Dan
3rd November 2004, 04:38 PM
What do this mob actually offer? A chance to buy their 'Passport'?

They sent me a pile of crap yesterday (as part of my AGD subscription birthday present - special thanks go to my wife - unfortunately for her it came 2 weeks in advance!) including a plastic card and membership to the 2nd most god-awful website - behind GolfBank.

Anyone else have membership? Anyone ever use it?! I've never used any Golfbank crap (free signup last year with a birthday subby to Golf Australia).

AndyP
3rd November 2004, 04:46 PM
From the guys on this site, I know that Jarro, Damo, Ozmacleod and myself have had a membership with them.

We don't anymore. Does that tell you anything? ;)

I only purchased mine when it was cheap, and because it got me a few rounds at courses at 2 for 1. I only attended one of their days and that was at Brisbane GC, which is hard to get access to normally.
I found their "comps" to be very expensive, in comparison to what you would pay for an open day somewhere.

Jarro
3rd November 2004, 05:33 PM
stay away Fishy .. stay away :!:

I was a member for a couple of years. They were good value when they first started, but now their comps are too expensive. They are going down the path that Golfbank started.... playing their comps at exclusive clubs and charging excessive fees to play them :evil:

stay away Fishy .. stay away :evil:

macleod
8th November 2004, 09:24 AM
excellent to begin with, great to improve the social circles of feloow players, admin fees got hideous.

I got great value from the passport with the free games, but the clubs started to clamp down and require 2+ players on tee times.

originally i had a ball with the free games! the passport was invaluable on my trip to the mornginton peninsula, saved me hundreds of bucks.

i won a bunch of stuff, got a couple of trophies and a medal which was nice too.

i believe their choice of course now is more the resort style's, so they are becoming similar to golfbank. the events seems to be less regular too. originally it was weekly so you had a good choices of courses on the roster you could cherry pick to play.

there were quite a few burglars on the roster from memory, some guys who had low official caps elsewhere but since teamfore weren't hooked into golflink......jarro might remember some of the huge stableford scores certain players generated on prize days :D

they did do a good job of keeping your handicap using the official agu system however, but the ongoing saga of getting them to be official made me join a club so i could keep playing with jarro et al.

Oh, the other good thing was getting access to private courses such as Damo's beloved Royal Queensland, Brisbane Golf Club, Arundel hills, indroops west....although some places have changed access.

was nice to play those places a few times...wish i could get another go at Brisbane GC!

Fishman Dan
8th November 2004, 09:47 AM
Yeah, sounds like another con. Mind you, for re-sub'ing to Aust. Golf Digest, i want their freebie sleeve of balls, or bag or whatever the offer is, not the promise of more junk/e-junk mail.

The temptation is getting onto the lucrative courses, but the limitations are the days you can play, and the fact you have to have 'x' number of paying members. For instance, Ryde-Parra (down the road from me, another Ross Watson materpiece and on my 'To Do' list) is 2+ others, 3rd is for free. All i can say is BFD - regular Open Days are $45 on Fridays?!

macleod
8th November 2004, 09:50 AM
fishy, you should hook up with Miro from the ISG site.

he's a member there at Ryde along with his wife. you should go for a game with them.

i did with miro and gameboy at riverside oaks. miro's wife caned and sledged the hell out of me...and i loved every minute of it, great day i shot 36 points which i thought wa spretty good never having seen the place before :D

Fishman Dan
8th November 2004, 10:05 AM
Open days are Fridays, although got to rack up a sicky for the priviledge. Also found out that a mate from cricket has recently joined there after giving cricket the flick (like me).

He runs a couple of indoor cricket centres and is always calling me to fill in when they are short - which of course i turn down. Now he's taken up golf it's time to get back in his good books!

Besides, Jono's old man is a member there - surely there'll be a post soon enough in the 1st Tee section ;)