PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Geek Golf Australia.

LongDownunderGolf
2nd June 2008, 09:43 PM
Hey guys, just found you guys tonight and though I'd better come in and introduce myself.

My name is Matt McDonald, some of you may already know my name from the Australian Long Drive tour, or from some of the product I distribute both here in SA and nationally.

I've been a long drive pro since the start of 2005 when I was lucky enough to win just my 2nd event with a little poke of 385 metres and in 2007 I was runner up in the Australian Long Drive Championships. I've had a couple of wins on the LD tour and a couple of top 3 finishes in the Australasian Tour as well. This success led me to Geek Golf where I was fortunate to placed "on staff" at the start of 2007 and following some hassles with the previous distributor effective from June 1 I am now the Australian Distributor for Geek Golf.

I've been in the golf industry for a number of years and also distribute products for Orka Golf here in SA and have a long standing agreement with swingmaster-golf to help promote their products along with tourgradegolf both here and internationally.

Hopefully over the next few weeks as some more stock arrives I will be able to send around some demos of the Geek DCT and the new Failsafe 3 heads subject to some workable agreements with admin.

At this stage my retail side is limited. It is not my intention to sell direct to the public unless they are specifically close by, so as not to upset my retailers, however in areas where I don't have a retail network I would rather help than have someone go without. I have a reasonable knowledge on clubfitting and have a huge array of shafts etc on hand as well as a launch monitor to measure ball speeds etc.

I'm also a member of the Golf Teachers Federation of Australia and will be happy to play around in the teaching (or whatever) threads a little bit too.

My online time is a bit limited, but stay tuned and hopefully we can get some gear out here for you to try.

markTHEblake
2nd June 2008, 09:50 PM
Good to see you here -

how about you get us some aerospark tees ;)
(thats swingmaster right?).

LongDownunderGolf
2nd June 2008, 09:53 PM
Hmmm, subtle.

I'll talk to the man.

markTHEblake
2nd June 2008, 09:54 PM
well no buggar sells em around here.
(or they are bloody expensive)

3oneday
2nd June 2008, 09:59 PM
Didn't Jono crack a FailSafe ?

Sorry, welcome though !

LongDownunderGolf
2nd June 2008, 10:02 PM
There was some fairly bad problems with specifically the 9* Failsafe 1. One of the welds that ran accross the top of the face wasn't quite right.

Oddly it was only the 9* and only out of 1 batch. Dad who swings it 115 and another long driver have both had 9* FS1's for nearly 2 years and they have been perfect.

3oneday
2nd June 2008, 10:05 PM
Jono swings at 75 I think, and another member Ts had a Nickent fail on him. He swings slower than my pic would indicate ;)

:lol:

Jarro
3rd June 2008, 01:20 AM
Welcome

PeteyD
3rd June 2008, 06:57 AM
Welcome, from everyone including the assorted loonies.

3oneday
3rd June 2008, 07:16 AM
You are representing the loonies sect then ?

:lol:

PeteyD
3rd June 2008, 07:30 AM
Of course.

dc68
3rd June 2008, 08:11 AM
Welcome...

LongDownunderGolf
3rd June 2008, 08:21 AM
Welcome, from everyone including the assorted loonies.

Well then I should fit in quite nicely.

just
3rd June 2008, 04:13 PM
well no buggar sells em around here.
(or they are bloody expensive)

Blakey, Golfworld in Virginia have them and also Rebel were stocking them, if you want me to pick some up for you just let me know which size you want.

Welcome LongDownunderGolf!

Courty
3rd June 2008, 04:36 PM
Welcome, LDUG.

So... can you chip & putt? ;)

LongDownunderGolf
3rd June 2008, 04:59 PM
Welcome, LDUG.

So... can you chip & putt? ;)

Um, yeah a bit.

Represented SA 4 or 5 times and got to about +1.5 at the end of 2004.

I'm about 6 weeks back into playing some golf and have been 3 or 4 red a couple of times on Saturdays already and I'm off 1.1 at the mo. Really hoping to get back into the plus numbers and possibly have a crack at tour school again this year.

kwantfm
3rd June 2008, 05:00 PM
Heard good things about the DCT.

LongDownunderGolf
3rd June 2008, 05:02 PM
Hopefully we'll have 1 or 2 demos doing the rounds shortly as well as a fairway wood.

Courty
3rd June 2008, 05:27 PM
Nice... where do you play most of your golf?

LongDownunderGolf
3rd June 2008, 05:31 PM
At the minute I'm playing at South Lakes GC in Goolwa SA only.

Its hard to finish work at 12 on a Saturday and travel more than 2 minutes to golf. The good thing is, although its a pretty easy track to shoot 80 its bloody tough to shoot under par since the greens are the size of M&M's and it normally blows 50kph since were hanging off the bottom of Australia.

Probably the best golf I ever played was in 2000, maybe 1999 and I was playing off 3 here, so 1 is a SERIOUS number at the minute.

jaybam
3rd June 2008, 09:32 PM
Welcome :)

LongDownunderGolf
3rd June 2008, 09:34 PM
Welcome :)

Ta:mrgreen:

markTHEblake
3rd June 2008, 09:43 PM
Blakey, Golfworld in Virginia have them and also Rebel were stocking them, if you want me to pick some up for you just let me know which size you want.

dont worry about it. I think i got em myself last time from golfworld and they cost a fortune. and then most of em broke anyway.

LongDownunderGolf
3rd June 2008, 09:44 PM
Dude, check out the launcher tees that they have just bought out.

Without a hacksaw and some patientce, you cant break those puppies.....Should be at Rebel and Golf World all over.

markTHEblake
3rd June 2008, 09:54 PM
I like the aero spark tees, cos they stay in the ground, just the top flips off but remains attached

Last time I paid $6 for 3 fancy wedge tees, i lost 2 in the first 2 holes. What sort of idiot puts lakes next to tees. Never again

LongDownunderGolf
3rd June 2008, 09:58 PM
Well then don't hit them right by the join and you're fine!

As for the lake gig, that right there is some funny s###. I watched a chick all but abseil into a lake the other week trying to retrieve her 15 cent tee!

markTHEblake
3rd June 2008, 10:09 PM
oh yeah right, after the first hole, my mate said, "oh you had it pointing the wrong way, try it the other way, and it will go forwards not sideways" and the 2nd time it went even further into the lake.

Grunt
4th June 2008, 06:41 AM
Welcome LongDrivedownunder

Just got myself some zero friction tees from Rockbottom had one for ages and thought I would see how long a pack of 30 last.

LongDownunderGolf
4th June 2008, 08:26 AM
30 Zero Frictions.......you may not live long enough to break them all.

Grunt
4th June 2008, 08:29 AM
30 Zero Frictions.......you may not live long enough to break them all.

I seem to lose tees faster than I break them.

3oneday
4th June 2008, 09:09 AM
They get all bent and floppy after a while, you have to chuck em then.

LongDownunderGolf
4th June 2008, 09:13 AM
They get all bent and floppy after a while, you have to chuck em then.

Sounds like my grandpa......

When you only stick a tee 1/2 inch into the ground, they last forever and don'y fly far either....

noexcuses
4th June 2008, 12:48 PM
g'day everyone, i am a long time browser, first time poster.
just have to ask, is the DCT driver youse are talking about the dot com this driver?

LongDownunderGolf
4th June 2008, 01:06 PM
g'day everyone, i am a long time browser, first time poster.
just have to ask, is the DCT driver youse are talking about the dot com this driver?

Yeah, the DCT is the Dot Com This and obviously the FS is the Fail Safe.

LongDownunderGolf
4th June 2008, 01:08 PM
Hi
Your website isn't www.igeekgolf.com (http://www.igeekgolf.com) is it ?

No, best website at the minute is

www.geekgolf.net (http://www.geekgolf.net)

Aussie version will be up and running as soon as I sort some hosting issues.

Chris32
4th June 2008, 03:32 PM
Welcome Matt,

Good to see another SA member!

MegaWatty
3rd May 2014, 07:10 PM
Love my Geek Driver!

Johnny Canuck
3rd May 2014, 07:27 PM
Love my Geek Driver!

Haven't hit it since 2010 but you love it!

MegaWatty
3rd May 2014, 07:28 PM
Haven't hit it since 2010 but you love it!

Simmsy wouldn't let me sell it!

Pencil
3rd May 2014, 08:07 PM
I had an FS3, that thing was a cannon. No idea what ever happened to it.

Shortylook
4th May 2014, 09:11 AM
welcome aboard mate.

Ashes
4th May 2014, 09:20 AM
welcome aboard mate.

Didn't notice the start date for this thread I take it?

Johnny Canuck
4th May 2014, 09:58 AM
Didn't notice the start date for this thread I take it?

It's only 2008 in Waroona.

Wenz
7th May 2014, 03:57 PM
Welcome fellow south australian