Aaron Baddeley
Steve Elkington

Nationwide Graduates
Brendan Jones
Paul Gow
Bradley Hughes
Euan Walters
Gavin Coles

Conditional (126 to 150 in moneylist, probably get about 18 tournaments)
Scott Hend

Outside Top 150
Greg Chalmers
James McLean (only played 1 event)
Greg Norman

19 players on the tour and only 3 from this year that did not retain there cards.

I thought I read something a year or 2 ago that because of the change of the status of a tournament norman now has 20 wins and I think that gets lifetime exempt status. I think the top 31 all time money leaders are also exempt. This is the category that Jack Nicklaus fits into.

AndyP
3rd November 2004, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the PGA Updates, goughy. You are my PGA news source. :cool:

Good to see plenty of Aussies on the tour. :)

:?:
So did Badds.com only just sneak in?
What happens to those outside the top 150, McLean and Chalmers? Nationwide Tour, as well?

McMw
3rd November 2004, 09:44 AM
I thought I read something a year or 2 ago that because of the change of the status of a tournament norman now has 20 wins and I think that gets lifetime exempt status. I think the top 31 all time money leaders are also exempt. This is the category that Jack Nicklaus fits into.

Norman is in due to his BOpens win "finally" being deemed a USPGA Tour Event...

Jarro
3rd November 2004, 09:55 AM
What happens to those outside the top 150, McLean and Chalmers? Nationwide Tour, as well?

back to Q school i would think.

Didn't Jarrod mosely just miss out on his card for the Euro tour as well :smt017 I think i heard Brett Ogle talking on the Golf Show saying he missed out by around 30 euro dollars :shock:

Fishman Dan
3rd November 2004, 10:00 AM

back to Q school i would think.

Didn't Jarrod mosely just miss out on his card for the Euro tour as well :smt017 I think i heard Brett Ogle talking on the Golf Show saying he missed out by around 30 euro dollars :shock:

Yeah, i heard something like that - you'd pull out your wallet wouldn't you? I think Anthony Painter missed out on a PGA Tour card by a single 3-putt too :smt089

Aust Golf Digest has a good interview with Brett Ogle, told how a player in the final round of Q-School shanked one into the water on the 108th hole and burst into inconsoleable tears in the middle of the fairway.

Sheesh, and i thought IT was a pressure-cooker. :roll:

McMw
3rd November 2004, 10:11 AM
sorry...but if a bloke is trying to get onto the Tour (and is obviously that damn good enuff to be in Q-School), and shanked an iron...he deserved to miss out!!! :lol:

Jarro
3rd November 2004, 10:22 AM
you're a hard man Maurice :lol:

davidp
3rd November 2004, 02:01 PM
sorry...but if a bloke is trying to get onto the Tour (and is obviously that damn good enuff to be in Q-School), and shanked an iron...he deserved to miss out!!! :lol:

Geez, a bit of sympathy from the gallery please. :) It was probably this guy's dream to play in The Show and this one bad shot might have cost him his chance. It's amazing what a little pressure can do to you. I remember my wedding night...but that's another story. :roll:

Fishman Dan
3rd November 2004, 02:57 PM

Geez, a bit of sympathy from the gallery please. :) It was probably this guy's dream to play in The Show and this one bad shot might have cost him his chance. It's amazing what a little pressure can do to you. I remember my wedding night...but that's another story. :roll:

Yeah, ditto that. Apparently this chopper had 8 previous cracks at it, this was his 9th attempt :shock:

McMw
3rd November 2004, 05:47 PM
Apparently this chopper had 8 previous cracks at it, this was his 9th attempt

I rest my case...