PDA

View Full Version : Week beginning Mon 1 November

McMw
1st November 2004, 11:04 PM
Seeing as how it was a public holiday (for me)...I'll start it!!! :D

Played 18 this arvo...

Played 10 holes in even par or better...
Played 8 holes in 15over...AWESOME!!!! :roll:

10th tee - Push Slice OOB x 2
Made par with 3rd ball for an 8

18th 2nd Shot - Going for green - Hooked OOB 3 wood x 2
Made par with 3rd ball for a 9

Jarro
2nd November 2004, 05:48 AM
Played 8 holes in 15over...AWESOME!!!! :roll:

are you trying to make all of us feel better after our shockers at the Champs :wink: :lol:

how's that watermelon on a stick going by the way :?:

McMw
2nd November 2004, 10:30 AM
are you trying to make all of us feel better after our shockers at the Champs :wink: :lol:

Is it helping??? :wink:

how's that watermelon on a stick going by the way :?:

not too shabby...
think I had a bad swinging weekend, but still managed to put together a 75/38/83 weekend... :roll:
even with hits that are not perfect, i still end up farther down the fairway/rough than I could have with the 983K...so that's a good enuff reason...

pity tho...coz I have an Ignite with an NV65 in the room now....all spanking new, and I'm undecided whether to use it or sell it... :roll:

amanda
2nd November 2004, 04:09 PM
It was supposed to be Melb Cup day ambrose but we got there and it was cancelled :? Played 9 holes social against Brad until we decided it was too humid to keep playing and rain was coming in.

Didn't play too well - which might be good for the WGNSW Silver Medal Playoff on Thursday (as I've got all the bad shots out of the way) or a bad thing (the beginning of a trend) - optimist that I am is leaning towards the latter. At least I won the $1 bet off Brad - but he played awful.

markTHEblake
3rd November 2004, 10:23 PM
82. and on a course setup and a favourable wind that made the course no more than a par 69. Two of the par 5's were only 8 irons.

I have No Idea how to play this game anymore. :smt022 :smt100

I promise I will never sledge Golfer69's scores ever again :oops:

davidp
3rd November 2004, 11:03 PM
Played Windaroo Lakes (the old Windaroo) today off the white tees.

Started off triple bogey, ended with a quadruple bogey. In between had a two putt birdie on a par 4, made a dent in someone's garden shed, nearly killed some wildlife and mostly hit it exactly where I was aiming...20 metres to the right of the correct line.

Finished with a 92, to beat my handicap by 2.

And jarro, you reckon McMw has a watermelon on a stick? Wait till you see my bus on a stick at North Lakes. :lol:

Flowergirl
4th November 2004, 08:56 AM
Played in the "Medalist of Medalists" day yesterday. Started with a lovely par - then it all went downhill from then. :cry:

Gee though I tell you what - I don't like playing with a cart. Got a bit of a sore knee so used a cart - hardly ever played with one before. Found it hard to get into the groove at all. Also I suppose was favouring my knee during my swing. ( isn't it nice to have an excuse for bad form)
Had a 95 - not happy with that and went out .1 - bugger!!!

Going away next week up to the Murray to a 3 day golf clinic. Ten of us "girls" - so it should be a hoot!

AndyP
4th November 2004, 03:02 PM
the WGNSW Silver Medal Playoff on Thursday
We're waiting on your results, amanda. Hope you did well.

Jarro
4th November 2004, 03:17 PM
Welcome to Carvallo's Putting Challenge. Choose a club.- You have chosen 3W. May I suggest putter?- 3W. Now enter force of swing. I suggest feather touch.- You have entered power drive. Push 787 to swing.- Ball is in parking lot.

you watch way too much Simpsons Holden :roll:

AndyP
4th November 2004, 03:23 PM
you watch way too much Simpsons Holden :roll:
I can't be the only one. You knew what it was from.
It's hard not to watch it when it is on all the bloody time.

amanda
4th November 2004, 04:26 PM
Played the WGNSW Silver Medal Playoff today at Castle Hill. I woke up with a bit of a sniffle and thought it was just my hayfever, took a tablet for it. Once I got to the course (1.5 hour drive in peak hour traffic) I found out I had the flu :? Luckily I had a box of tissues in the car I could take with me and a caddy to pull the bag :D (thanks to Brad)

Had 105/84 - which was 7 shots off the lead. Great front 9, disastrous first half of the back 9 - then superb on the last 3 holes.

The 17th was a 110m par 3 with a 95-100m water carry. I saw 3 groups go through and only 1 person made it to the green - everyone else hit at least 2 balls in the water :shock: Luckily mine was on (by heaps - it wasn't really that far) but 3-putted :?

I was also only 1 of 8 ppl who hit the green of a 140m par 3 (I think they had 50 ppl through by that stage) :)

Overall - a shocking round but some great highlights - Castle Hill was a beautiful course - waterfalls, great gardens - you can definitely see why the membership fees are high!

Flowergirl
4th November 2004, 04:59 PM
Bad luck Amanda....you can't win 'em all. :wink:
It would just get boring if we played like champions all the time :D
Well done on the par 3's. I seem to stuff up par 3's more than anything else. I par twice as many 4 & 5's than I do 3's!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ona
4th November 2004, 06:50 PM
Played 18 today, started raining lightly at the turn (but it was sorta dry rain so not too bad)

My swing started to give good results on the back, hit all fairways and 7 greens, would like to assume that this means I was doing what Ive been working on, but think thats a little optimistic. Had four more putts than I should have and only got up/down twice from seven attempts :evil:

Twas good to blow it past my new bro in law, and his bro in law, off the tee.. beware the midget long bomber :twisted:

Andrew
4th November 2004, 08:32 PM
Well done Amanda. Especially for your first time on the course.

The best part about Castle Hill - even with all those trees, not one interferes with the line of play.

O.K. I'll get off my high horse now.

Flowergirl
6th November 2004, 09:56 AM
Played 18 today, started raining lightly at the turn (but it was sorta dry rain so not too bad)

My swing started to give good results on the back, hit all fairways and 7 greens, would like to assume that this means I was doing what Ive been working on, but think thats a little optimistic. Had four more putts than I should have and only got up/down twice from seven attempts :evil:

Twas good to blow it past my new bro in law, and his bro in law, off the tee.. beware the midget long bomber :twisted:

Ok then Onabreak.........whatcha shoot??? :wink:

Ona
6th November 2004, 10:22 AM
thanks for asking FG :smt058 \:D/

I play a silly little course with eight par threes, had 5 over, 71.

Flowergirl
6th November 2004, 11:18 AM
thanks for asking FG :smt058 \:D/

I play a silly little course with eight par threes, had 5 over, 71.

Silly little course or not - 5 over is great on any course!!!
Par three's - grrrrrrrrrrr ( they don't like me!!)

Ona
6th November 2004, 11:29 AM
yep it it wasn't for the increased chances at a hole-in-one, they'd be a real pain :mrgreen:

Flowergirl
6th November 2004, 11:56 AM
One of my frequent playing partners who still plays of 36 ( such a bandit!) almost always pars any par three we play.......so she picks up all these four points.......so so frustating!!

Onewood
6th November 2004, 06:15 PM
MM day in pouring rain :cry: 81 / 7 / 74 quiet happy considering the conditions, 3 doubles and a tripple in that :roll:

drunken
6th November 2004, 06:36 PM
MM day. Poured for the entire back nine.

Total 91-20 = 71 (Par 72)

Had 45-35 (par 37) on the front nine. Two doubles (on the 8th & 9th :oops: ), 5 bogeys, 1 par & 1 Birdie.

Back nine 46 - 36 (par 35). Two triples, 2 doubles, 2 Bogeys, 2 pars & 1 birdie. I was 8 over for the nine coming into the last. Had seven for a triple bogey. A par would have given me 68 & the Medal on countback..... :roll: Missed 4 birdie putts on the front & should have had at least 6 shots less........

Good point of the day was that I drove the ball fairly well (missed 4 fairways) & I creamed my newly reshafted V Steel. The TX-90 is an incredible shaft.

Fishman Dan
6th November 2004, 09:06 PM
MM round today, and i'm still a long way from home. Got off the tee a lot better, i think i counted 6/14 fairways, but of those missed i was on neighbouring fairways or just a foot or two into the rough. If you've played Fox Hills you know how narrow the fairways can be. :?

Still a stack-over nett though. Perhaps next week? :roll:

McMw
6th November 2004, 10:12 PM
just a social 18 for me... :wink:

started off with 3 straight bogeys...care factor on the 4th tee = 0
then par/bird/par/par to give me some hope...
after a great chip on the 8th to abt 12 inch....what do I do??? miss it while trying to get out of everyone's way... :roll: why bother?!?!?

10th (my current jinx hole)...hooked tee shot, hooked punch into the drink for a double, thank you very much... :roll:
parred in, except for bogeys on 15 and 16...

end of the day...it wasn't a great round...but I'm glad I "kept-it-together".... if that makes sense... :lol:

AndyP
6th November 2004, 11:01 PM
Nambour GC
4BBB Stableford, but kept individual score.

2/12 fairways
5/18 greens
32 putts
--
11 bogeys
6 pars
1 birdie
I can't remember not having a double bogey in a round before. :smt017

1 NTP

Solid round, and I know that I left shots out there. :)
40 points.

Courty
7th November 2004, 12:07 AM
Played MM today. Started off ok. Made the turn at 5 over the front after 2 late doubles. Then I carved the back 9 to go around in -1 to finish with 76 (Nett 66) and hopefully win the A-Grade Monthly Medal. The best part of my game was my putting. I went around in 28 putts (12 on the back 9) and didn't miss from inside 10ft. Check here (http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=4060300899) tomorrow to see the evidence of my first foray into the realm of single figures!

mike
7th November 2004, 12:46 AM
MM day in pouring rain :cry: 81 / 7 / 74 quiet happy considering the conditions, 3 doubles and a tripple in that :roll:

Holy wockamolie.

3 doubles and a triple in an 81 :shock:

You played the other 15 holes in even par.

Good golf.

Then I carved the back 9 to go around in -1 to finish with 76 (Nett 66) and hopefully win the A-Grade Monthly Medal. !

Well done courty.

This new job has transformed your game.

I'm applying for a job there so I can get my handicap down. :wink: I know bugger all about building roads and bridges but I can lean on a shovel.

goughy
7th November 2004, 08:05 AM
Well done courty. Ya beat me ya bugger :evil:

Well done also andy. What's that gonna do for you?

AndyP
7th November 2004, 11:21 AM
Well done also andy. What's that gonna do for you?
If you mean my handicap, then it won't budge unfortunately, as it was a 4BBB event. I will remain at 13.5.

I'd love to get the handicap down to 12.4 by the end of the year, but I'm not sure that I will be playing enough single AGU comps to be able to do it.

Check here tomorrow to see the evidence of my first foray into the realm of single figures!
8.5. Well done, mate, you have smashed single figures. =D>

goughy
7th November 2004, 02:34 PM
[quote="AndyPI'd love to get the handicap down to 12.4 by the end of the year, but I'm not sure that I will be playing enough single AGU comps to be able to do it.

8.5. Well done, mate, you have smashed single figures. =D>[/quote]

I know what you mean andy. I'm playing pretty well in morning practice but won't be playing many, if any weekend comps for the next few months (at the moment). Seems a waste of some good play, but, oh well.

That is excellent courty. Not only single figures but with one hell of a buffer. You'll be there for a while now :D

Jarro
7th November 2004, 03:22 PM
Check here (http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=4060300899) tomorrow to see the evidence of my first foray into the realm of single figures!

nice work mate, i think you might have to take the prize for best improvement of 2004 for this effort 8)

Courty
7th November 2004, 04:03 PM
nice work mate, i think you might have to take the prize for best improvement of 2004 for this effort 8)

Thanks, jarro and also andyp and goughy. I'm absolutely stoked about it. Not only have I made my goal of reaching single figures by the end of the year (didn't leave myself much time, bu there's nothing like a bit of pressure to get you moving :wink: ) but also I have capped off a successful golfing year by winning my first Monthly Medal, in A-Grade nonetheless. This comes on top of my 2nd place in the City of Cairns (B-Grade), 4th place in the Club Champs (B-Grade) and win in the Club Champs Matchplay tournament. I have nothing less to achieve at this level... I'm turning pro :wink: :roll:

BrisVegas
7th November 2004, 05:05 PM
Courty. Awesome! You da man! 8) :D

As for me, I played Brookwater today from the tips in the heavy rain. Ouch... :cry: :shock:

91 - 6 = 85.
13 fairways
3 greens
33 putts

ahhh well... I'm back on the steady climb towards a 7 hcap again. :wink:

Trung
7th November 2004, 07:18 PM
Sat (came home at 4am, slept for 2 hours and teed off at 7am)
morning: Golf - 27 points at Carnarvon :oops:
afternoon: Cricket, came out as on an opener (3 runs) :oops:

Sun
morning: Golf - 24 points at Carnarvon :oops:
afternoon: Golf - 13 over at Riverlands :oops:

Great weekend for ball striking :oops: :oops: :oops:

Onewood
7th November 2004, 07:55 PM
Courty wrote

I have nothing less to achieve at this level... I'm turning pro

Another Australian on tour :D well done mate 8)

gazgolf1
7th November 2004, 08:11 PM
No golf for me this weekend (too wet anyway).
Feels weird not having a game organized or a club to go to but a short break will do me good and I'm looking forward to Northlakes. 8)

Eag's
7th November 2004, 09:05 PM
Well done Courty :smt023 that's some very consistant golf there mate =D>

No golf for me this weekend (too wet anyway).
Feels weird not having a game organized or a club to go to but a short break will do me good and I'm looking forward to Northlakes. 8)

Same here Gaz, just hope the weather improves bigtime by then mate.
The long range forcast is for rain all next weekend :cry:

AndyP
7th November 2004, 10:38 PM
Played single stableford at Horton Park today in the rain, (except when play was suspended for at least 90 mins).

4/13 fairways.
4/18 greens.
About 36 putts.
-----
30 points

Not playing sensational golf, but have been finding it fairly easy to get bogeys.
Happy with that score, considering the conditions.

McMw
8th November 2004, 01:42 AM
wow....guess I'm not the only one to shoot 91 today... :lol:

played the airport course this arvo (social group comp)....
and it's abt the toughest condition I've played this course in....a strong cross breeze the whole afternoon...which played havoc on my tee shots... :(

think I lost abt 5 or 6 balls (2 in water, 3 OOBs)...
hit 6 fairways...
hit 0 greens...
putting was okay...didn't keep track...

just really lost my cool and concentration on the back after putting my teeshot into the drink on the 16th tee (water all down the left, green 268mtrs away)... FOR THE THIRD STRAIGHT GAME HERE!!!
and what made it worse...my re-teed ball finished 5-10 mtrs away from the green...made "birdie" with it... :roll:

17th - sliced OOBS...played triple 8
18th - sliced OOBs TWICE...played (+5) 9...missed a 2 footer for back to back snowmans... what a shame...
well...nice way to end the week... :P

my last three games here...71, 81, 91... :shock:

kinda scared to go back there.... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

goughy
8th November 2004, 07:20 AM
what's wrong with ya. Don't ya feel like shooting a 61 :lol:

claydog
8th November 2004, 07:03 PM
Hi All,
Played in a 3 ball ambrose yesterday at Yeppoon GC.The SIDS for KIDS charity day,had everything,top course,humid weather and rain.There were 20 teams of 3 all having a great time,while raising money for such a good cause.The winning team shot 5 under 67,but as the day went every team won prizes.TOP DAY...TOP CAUSE. Cheers,Craig.

mike
8th November 2004, 10:25 PM
Courty , what driver are you using at the moment ?

SMT, TM or the ( ugh ) Nike ?

Courty
8th November 2004, 11:39 PM
Courty , what driver are you using at the moment ?

SMT, TM or the ( ugh ) Nike ?

I am currently using a Taylormade R580 10.5° with stiff flex Rifle Graphite shaft. Simply awesome club! I almost drove the 2nd hole last week. Never got the SMT that far up before.