PDA

View Full Version : Need new Golf shoes.

gazgolf1
23rd May 2008, 07:17 AM
As a crank caller said to me the other day "what are you wearing"?

Grunt
23rd May 2008, 07:31 AM
Got Oakleys at the moment (3 pair)

Dazza
23rd May 2008, 07:56 AM
Have got a pair of Oakley New Tye shoes in transit from Rock Bottom.
Had a pair of Proline shoes, lasted 3 months before they fell apart.
Missus is currently wearing Footjoy Greenjoys... Loving them!

AndyP
23rd May 2008, 08:22 AM
Brooks tennis shoes. Relatively comfortable, but I don't think they'll handle a wet round too well.

moree golfer
23rd May 2008, 08:42 AM
I have a pair of FJ LT series which are good for wide feet and lots of walking.

poidda
23rd May 2008, 08:42 AM
Brooks tennis shoes. Relatively comfortable, but I don't think they'll handle a wet round too well.

Yeah I meant to ask you on Sunday what the deal is with them? :-s

Footjoy Classics (http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/mens.asp?c=11) are the business. 3balls have them cheap.

markTHEblake
23rd May 2008, 09:15 AM
I dont know what my current brand shoes are, maybe Nike. but I want to get another pair of Etonic G-Sok. Not sold in Australia any more.

Scottt
23rd May 2008, 09:15 AM
Don't buy Callaway shoes. They;re narrow and they squeak if you wear orthodics in them.

moree golfer
23rd May 2008, 09:39 AM
Footjoy Classics (http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/mens.asp?c=11) are the business. 3balls have them cheap.
Have you got a pair Poidda? Do you have wide feet? The reason I ask is I have widish feet and found the D size a little tight. Might have to look out for a preloved 10 E pair. I agree totally the Dry Prems are tha bomb!

leighthebee
23rd May 2008, 09:58 AM
There can be only one! FJ is the only golf shoe.

poidda
23rd May 2008, 09:59 AM
Have you got a pair Poidda? Do you have wide feet? The reason I ask is I have widish feet and found the D size a little tight. Might have to look out for a preloved 10 E pair. I agree totally the Dry Prems are tha bomb!

Yeah I have wide'ish feet, but am wearing the D size. I found them tight originally, but being leather they are stretching nicely over time.

freddy a
23rd May 2008, 10:00 AM
Foot Joy Classics awsome stupidly comfortable. Also the FJ dryjoy pro's are nearly as good at half the price.

chappy1970
23rd May 2008, 10:09 AM

Currently have Footjoys, but would love get a pair of the Classic Prem's. Tried them on at Ray Drummond one day, it was like they were made for my foot.

Shaneo
23rd May 2008, 10:29 AM
i have 4 pairs of the Adidas Tour 360's and a pair of Footjoy Reelfits we were given for pennant.
the Adidas are by far the best fitting and most comfortable

AndyP
23rd May 2008, 10:47 AM

What's wrong with sneakers? I wasn't wearing an actual golf shirt either. :shock::shock: I'll never get on tour. ;)

I have Dryjoy Pros, 9.5M, if anyone is interested in buying them.

BrisVegas
23rd May 2008, 10:52 AM
I've got Dryjoy PRO. These are my second pair. The first pair is still going strong after a couple of years. Best shoes I've owned. I won't buy cheap golf shoes locally again when for the same money (A$125) I can get Footjoys from the states.

Bruce
23rd May 2008, 11:00 AM
I like my Adidas College more than my Footjoy eComforts.

Matt 3 Jab
23rd May 2008, 11:43 AM
Puma's and they are the lightest shoe out there, really comfy.

Wouldnt mind trying some Ecco's too.

moree golfer
23rd May 2008, 12:30 PM
New golf shoes are going to feel good for a while but I reckon durability is important. My ecomforts lost their firm feel after a month or so and I took the spikes out and now wear them to work. I bought some Dry Premieres and they are preloved but well looked after and they're really stable. They are a bit on the tight side width-wise but I am encouraged by Poidda's comments to wear them a bit and see if they stretch. I have had Nike shoes fall apart after 12 mths and wont buy them again. My LT's are durable but being white have got pretty dirty and scuffed up.

BrisVegas
23rd May 2008, 01:13 PM
New golf shoes are going to feel good for a while but I reckon durability is important.

Exactly! I've had countless pairs of middle-of-the-road Nike and Adidas etc and they all feel great for a few months, but inside a year they are stuffed. The Footjoy DryJoy PRO's still feel nice and "new" even 2 years later. They've got that nice stable, supportive feel to them that you don't get with the cheapies.

TS
23rd May 2008, 01:52 PM
I find Adidas golf shoes fairly comfortable, but they don't last. The lining starts to wear out after a few months.

The more expensive FootJoy have leather lining. May be that is why they last better.

Have a pair of FootJoy Gold Athletlic, the inlay sole start to seperate after a month. Took it back to the shop and they sent it in back to FootJoy. Took them 6 weeks to get it back to me, but they got me a new pair. Should have wear it for few more months before sending it back.

Trying a pair of Ecco at the moment, only worn them for 1 round. So won't know how they will last for a few months yet.

Chris32
23rd May 2008, 02:08 PM
My last two pairs have been Footjoy eComforts, they were cheap'ish, around 100 a pair.

They last reasonably well, considering I am pretty hard on shoes - 6ft 2 ~115kg plus or minus a few donuts.

The soles on mine have worn out faster than the spikes, which was surprising. I wouldn't buy them again, I'd get something a bit better in the Footjoy range.

They stretch pretty well, the first ones I got were 13 wide, the next lot where normal 13's and they stretched out wider anyway. The leather on them is decent, just the soles let them down

moree golfer
23rd May 2008, 02:12 PM
My last two pairs have been Footjoy eComforts, they were cheap'ish, around 100 a pair.

They last reasonably well, considering I am pretty hard on shoes - 6ft 2 ~115kg plus or minus a few donuts.

The soles on mine have worn out faster than the spikes, which was surprising. I wouldn't buy them again, I'd get something a bit better in the Footjoy range.

They stretch pretty well, the first ones I got were 13 wide, the next lot where normal 13's and they stretched out wider anyway. The leather on them is decent, just the soles let them down
I agree Chris, the soles are not heavy duty at all!

Jarro
23rd May 2008, 02:42 PM
I find Adidas golf shoes fairly comfortable, but they don't last. The lining starts to wear out after a few months

You must be really rough on them then mate :roll:

I've still got a pair of Z traxions that i got when i bought my Cobra SS370 driver all those years ago ... they're still ok.

I want a pair of the Adidas Tour metals :smt023

Johnny Canuck
23rd May 2008, 03:16 PM
Always wore Footjoys until the wife bought me Oakley Bow Tyes. Wore them for a few months, back in my old Footjoys and picking up a new pair of DryJoys this week.

Tried the Adidas 360's and they fit small!

PeteyD
23rd May 2008, 03:39 PM
Adidas are a narrow fit, no good for my fat feet.

goughy
23rd May 2008, 03:52 PM
Asics something or other!!

My bro in law said brooks are one of the best with support for flat feet and extreme pronation! Will be looking at some runners soon me thinks.

Courty
23rd May 2008, 04:16 PM
I've got several pairs of Adidas Tour Traxions. I bought the first pair at full price, then some more when they were on special (about $90). There may still be some around at that price. Great shoe.
I had some Adidas Tour 360s (still got 'em actually), but the lining material isn't built for the moist, humid conditions up here and disintegrated after getting wet a few times. The Traxions have a synthetic lining which is much more robust.

TS
23rd May 2008, 04:22 PM
I've got several pairs of Adidas Tour Traxions. I bought the first pair at full price, then some more when they were on special (about $90). There may still be some around at that price. Great shoe.
I had some Adidas Tour 360s (still got 'em actually), but the lining material isn't built for the moist, humid conditions up here and disintegrated after getting wet a few times. The Traxions have a synthetic lining which is much more robust.

I have the same problem with the lining with Adidas Powerband. The shoe is still in fairly good condition, but the lining is disintegrating.

gazgolf1
23rd May 2008, 06:45 PM
Footjoys are winning . :)

PeteyD
23rd May 2008, 07:15 PM
Gaz, Footjoy Reelfits at Rockbottom for 95 + shipping, with 15% off for memorial day.

moree golfer
23rd May 2008, 08:35 PM
Or Footjoy Dryjoy Tech for $85 at 3balls.

gazgolf1
23rd May 2008, 09:28 PM
What about the Greenjoys?,whats the diff so many fricken models. ;)

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/footjoy-greenjoys-45412-golf-shoes.html

PeteyD
23rd May 2008, 09:43 PM
I'm putting in for a pair of reelfits and a pair of greenjoys for practice I think.

virge666
23rd May 2008, 10:52 PM
I'm putting in for a pair of reelfits and a pair of greenjoys for practice I think.

ditto - when the order ?

gazgolf1
24th May 2008, 07:07 AM
Ok I'm going to try some FJ's probably just some Greenjoys to start off with,I don't want to go too hard too early. ;)
No point spending $150 on some fancy schmancy model just to drag them around Nudgee's dusty fairways.

From all the comments I'm thinking Adidas are good but don't last too long,Oakley's are alright but they look big and heavy to me,Brooks tennis shoes are great for serve and volley but not if its wet and Footjoys are the ducks nuts,thanks boys.:)

Grunt
24th May 2008, 07:30 AM
Gaz, another brand that I have also had but are a bit hard to get nowadays are Bite. Without doubt the most comfortable shoe I have ever had.

Moe Norman
24th May 2008, 08:28 AM
Gaz,

I have 2 pairs of Footjoys and love them. I'm not sure its true the Adidas aren't durable, they're just not as comfortable. I've got an old pair of Adidas I bought about 5 years ago and they seem fine, they're just not as good as my footoys.

I'd never buy another brand of golf shoe again

Courty
24th May 2008, 09:18 AM
I think the thing with Adidas is their shape. I have long narrow feet with high arches, and the Adidas fit perfectly and are super-comfortable. On the other hand, I've tried Footjoys & Nikes & found them too wide & lacking in support.

gazgolf1
24th May 2008, 09:21 AM
I think the thing with Adidas is their shape. I have long narrow feet with high arches, and the Adidas fit perfectly and are super-comfortable. On the other hand, I've tried Footjoys & Nikes & found them too wide & lacking in support.

oh ok,mine are short and wide so the FJ's would work for me. :)

PeteyD
24th May 2008, 11:28 AM
I'll order tonight, Virge, Gaz send PM's for what you want. Order is from RockBottom. Expect about $20 for shipping instead of 30, maybe a bit less.

gazgolf1
24th May 2008, 12:22 PM
Going to hold off Petey I've got my eye on some local. ;)

Jarro
24th May 2008, 06:05 PM
Gaz, i think we need to go back to Vic Park and have an intense fitting session with that yankee bird who works there ;)

BrisVegas
24th May 2008, 09:02 PM
Gaz, i think we need to go back to Vic Park and have an intense fitting session with that yankee bird who works there ;)

That's exactly where I went before I bought mine from the states. I figure for the bullshit prices they charge for range balls, they could let me test drive some shoes.

With Footjoys there are a number of different width fittings so it's important to get the right one (hey AndyP?).

gazgolf1
25th May 2008, 03:17 PM
Did a bit of looking for golf shoes while down the Goldie today and spotted these at Amart for $99...a bargain me thinks when the US website says $160 US.

http://www.shopatron.com/product/product_id=ETOD3000-2/413.0

http://www.globalgolf.com/Product/Shoe.aspx?sku=1005747-ACJ&gd=1

Also saw FJ Greenjoys at HOG for $90.

rick3003
25th May 2008, 04:14 PM
Not sure on your size but I just picked up a pair of FJ Reelfits (new model) for US $79.99.

They only had black in 11.5 and white/brown in 12's.

gazgolf1
25th May 2008, 04:19 PM
Not sure on your size but I just picked up a pair of FJ Reelfits (new model) for US $79.99.

They only had black in 11.5 and white/brown in 12's.

8.5 here. :)

rick3003
25th May 2008, 04:22 PM
8.5 here. :)
Not even close hey :(

jaybam
25th May 2008, 04:30 PM
Pete just ordered mine with his order and the reelfits have cost me 110 posted brand new :) Thats australian too :) Thanks PeteyD

gazgolf1
26th May 2008, 05:39 PM
Snavelled these today,shipping was $30US

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150249778464&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

Pretty happy with the price considering Global Golf have got em for $130US. :)

http://www.globalgolf.com/Product/Shoe/-/sku--1005747-ACN/etonic-golf-shoes/difference-3z.aspx?gd=1

Jarro
26th May 2008, 05:41 PM
snazzy :shock:

gazgolf1
6th June 2008, 12:37 PM
Picked up a pair of these from Amart today.

http://www.shopatron.com/product/product_id=ETOD3000-2/413.0

$100 and the normal price on the sticker said $230 so happy with that.These are Etonic's top shoe and they have a quality feel to them. :)

Jarro
15th June 2008, 03:48 PM
What Amart did you say you got these at Gaz ?

gazgolf1
15th June 2008, 05:23 PM
Kawana Waters had a 8.5 pair on display last weekend.

Virginia,Underwood,City,Cannon Hill,Macgregor don't have any.

Just drop into your local one and ask them to check on the computer which stores have Etonic Difference and they should be able to get them transferred in. :)

Grunt
23rd September 2008, 03:02 PM
Need a new pair here now, I have had Oakleys recently and have had no problems apart from them wearing out. Just tried a new pair of Footjoys at Drummond. Golf Athletics
Footjoy Golf Athletics shoe (http://www.footjoy.com.au/catalog/mens.asp?c=224)

Anyone tried them or have them?

Also are niblick shoes as bad as they were or have they improved? Big range at Drummond now.

Dazza
23rd September 2008, 03:15 PM
Have got a pair of Oakley New Tye shoes in transit from Rock Bottom.

Only issue I had with the Oakleys- the laces on my shoes were just crap. Am on my second set already.

sms316
23rd September 2008, 03:18 PM
Need a new pair here now, I have had Oakleys recently and have had no problems apart from them wearing out. Just tried a new pair of Footjoys at Drummond. Golf Athletics

Also are niblick shoes as bad as they were or have they improved? Big range at Drummond now.

I've got a pair of the FJ's. Not bad, but nothing special. Having said that, I reckon I've worn them about 3 times in 18 months.

Grunt
23rd September 2008, 03:22 PM
Also trying to get some Bites once again, very hard to find here in Oz though. Got my last set from Ben when he was selling heaps of stuff.

Grunt
23rd September 2008, 05:02 PM
Have any of you worked out the Sizing of Shoes. In that I mean which barnds are the larger ones and which are smaller.

Golf shoes are a dead set lottery for me. I have 3 pairs of Oakleys and all 3 are different in size. they go from size 12 to 11. I have a pairs of Bite's and they are Size 11.5. I tried Footjoy's today and they fit me with size 10.

Whole thing is making buying shoes online a gamble. What are the other brands like in their sizing? Adidas, Ecco, Puma and the like.

Courty
23rd September 2008, 06:07 PM
Adidas fit me best as they are a long, narrow fit.

BrisVegas
23rd September 2008, 08:12 PM
Oakley must be like Callaway and their 44deg Pitching Wedges!. You might really be a size 8, but do you feel like a bigger man if you need to buy 10's in Oakley.

Grunt
23rd September 2008, 08:14 PM
Most shoes I am size 11/12 but the footjoys were 10's, It threw me off totally, may have to pay retail for the golf shoes too.

shazza_rs
23rd September 2008, 08:23 PM
Just go and try them on in the golf store then order them online......

Golfnut
23rd September 2008, 11:08 PM

Mate, I wear Niblicks...had them for about a year with no dramas so far.
They are the Soft Skin's, these are serving me well.....I was on a bit of a budget but paid $70 on sale down from around $110. http://www.niblick.com.au/ProductDetail.asp?PID=10&SCID=8
I went the black ones as the white looks a bit girly.

Not sure if its your thing though as they look more like sneekers.

Being a commercial lawnmowing contractor I spend a hell of a lot of time on my feet walking and I only ever choose the best work boots, i'm also quite fussy with my shoes in general.....tried quite a few different shoes on but found the soft skins to be very light and they moulded well to my foot and were extremely comfortable straight away...still feel the same too.

Grunt
24th September 2008, 05:26 AM
Drummond had these for $99

http://www.niblick.com.au/ProductDetail.asp?PID=10&SCID=12#

Felt ok on, more worried about how they will last.

Golfnut
24th September 2008, 11:12 AM
My mate uses Outback's, he's had them for about 18months and no compaints...shoes holding together no probs and he's fairly heavy on his shoes too.

Dazza
11th December 2008, 09:05 PM
Only issue I had with the Oakleys- the laces on my shoes were just crap. Am on my second set already.

The Oakleys I purchased in June now have a speedhole in the left shoe too.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j100/bns_warrior_nt/OakleySpeedHole.jpg (http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j100/bns_warrior_nt/OakleySpeedHole.jpg)

Haven't played a lot of golf either, I'd hate to see them if I played each weekend!!!
Got them cheap from the US, so I'm not phased. But I certainly won't be rushing out to buy another pair.

Courty
11th December 2008, 09:08 PM
What's the concensus on the Footjoy Reelfits? I know Jaybam was happy with them when I played with him at the Champs... anyone else tried them?

rick3003
11th December 2008, 09:27 PM
Great shoes Courty. Very comfy out of the box and the reelfit system works a treat.

Hux
11th December 2008, 10:26 PM
The ecomforts are nice with the two different levels of heel cushioning in them.
I have a pair of Etonics I wear for practice and a pair of FJ ecomforts I wear when I play. Nice to spread the love.
Both are available in wiiiide fiitings - I am a UK13W fitting and both of these brands work well for me. The FJ's are more comfortable though - any my podiatrist recommends them as well.

Johnny Canuck
11th December 2008, 10:51 PM
Reelfits weren't wide enough for my feet. Dryjoys make my feet very happy. 18 out of the box, no problems. Even with the extra walking looking for all of Adlo's sprayed shots!

Eag's
12th December 2008, 02:12 AM
I am shouting myself a pair of these for Xmas 8-)
http://www.adidasgolf.com/TOUR360-3/

adlo
12th December 2008, 02:17 AM
Reelfits weren't wide enough for my feet. Dryjoys make my feet very happy. 18 out of the box, no problems. Even with the extra walking looking for all of Adlo's sprayed shots!
Nice one.... just wait till you spray another one right on #4.

PeteyD
12th December 2008, 06:44 AM
The reelfits are good. I just ordered a size too big (11W). If they fit you Courty $50 + post.

Courty
12th December 2008, 07:04 AM
The reelfits are good. I just ordered a size too big (11W). If they fit you Courty $50 + post.

The W is for Wide, right? I have a narrow foot.

PeteyD
12th December 2008, 07:22 AM
Yep wide although they are narrow for a wide copared to other footjoys.

AndyP
12th December 2008, 07:24 AM
Are you size 11, Courty? Because I've got some (US) 9.5M Dryjoy PROs (10.5 here?) that I'd get rid of. These definitely aren't wide, as that's the problem I had with them.

Dazza
12th December 2008, 07:26 AM
(US) 9.5M Dryjoy PROs (10.5 here?)

I though it went the other way- I'm a 12 here, but a 13 US.
But I've been wrong before. :)

PeteyD
12th December 2008, 07:31 AM
Yea 9.5 US is 8.5 here

AndyP
12th December 2008, 07:41 AM
Yes, you're right.

Nevermind.

Jarro
12th December 2008, 08:12 AM

Nice mate 8)

Hux
12th December 2008, 08:37 AM

Love those sparkly bright red bands. Just click your heels three times and wish you were in the 19th. Don't leave Toto behind :mrgreen:

Johnny Canuck
12th December 2008, 09:03 AM
Nice one.... just wait till you spray another one right on #4.

Just a test to see how much you read around here.

The last two times i've been in the rough on the left, it's a nice change.

jd_FRANK
12th December 2008, 02:20 PM
Just tried a new pair of Footjoys at Drummond. Golf Athletics

Bought some of these on the weekend. Was going to get the Niblick Outback 2 but went for these instead. Felt great in the shop, I'll let you know more once I've tried them.

Courty
12th December 2008, 04:17 PM
Yep wide although they are narrow for a wide copared to other footjoys.

OK. So are they 11 US or 11 Aus?

Are you size 11, Courty? Because I've got some (US) 9.5M Dryjoy PROs (10.5 here?) that I'd get rid of. These definitely aren't wide, as that's the problem I had with them.

Let me guess, are they brown? :lol:

Eag's
12th December 2008, 04:29 PM
Love those sparkly bright red bands. Just click your heels three times and wish you were in the 19th. Don't leave Toto behind :mrgreen:

Yeah they are a bit glossy but just a bit sick of the old black & white boring look 8-)

PeteyD
12th December 2008, 07:18 PM
Footjoy sizing is always US county, unless you get the ones from China on Ebay ;)

BrisVegas
12th December 2008, 08:38 PM
I picked up some (shock horror) Adidas Tour 360 Wides this arvo. Brookwater was having a pre-Christmas sale of merch etc.. I didn't really need shoes, but these looked pretty fancy and $80 seemed a good price.

Weird sizing though, I'm normally a 10. Both the US12 & 13 fitted me, so I figured the 12's would prob stretch a bit over time.

BrisVegas
12th December 2008, 08:53 PM
Cool credit card comes to brooky on Sun..I need shews.

There were only a couple of pairs left and the club was having a special cocktail night and sale tonight to clear the shelves.

PeteyD
12th December 2008, 09:08 PM
hmm if there are any left I might be interested. Bet there won't be though.

adlo
12th December 2008, 09:08 PM
Just a test to see how much you read around here.

The last two times i've been in the rough on the left, it's a nice change.
Yes I see all ;)

Even though I already have 2 pairs of shoes, I am still checking out this thread.

And as much as I hate your comment about looking for my shanked tee shots, I must admit the new shoes got dirty VERY quickly playing at Kennedy Bay.

adlo
12th December 2008, 09:10 PM
I picked up some (shock horror) Adidas Tour 360 Wides this arvo. Brookwater was having a pre-Christmas sale of merch etc.. I didn't really need shoes, but these looked pretty fancy and $80 seemed a good price.

Weird sizing though, I'm normally a 10. Both the US12 & 13 fitted me, so I figured the 12's would prob stretch a bit over time.
Obviously discounted with the new models coming through, but that is an awesome price.

Courty
12th December 2008, 11:01 PM

:-k Hmmm... tempted.

BrisVegas
12th December 2008, 11:17 PM
Obviously discounted with the new models coming through, but that is an awesome price.
yeah, mine are the superceded models, like this one...

v205
13th December 2008, 01:04 AM
Another vote for Footjoys. But you have to get the right grade that suits your need.

Greenjoys and E-comfort are not for the frequent use. For that, you have to start around the Dryjoys which is their signature shoe range.

PeteyD
13th December 2008, 07:55 AM
:-k Hmmm... tempted.

Someone is coming around for a look at them today. I'll let you know what happens.

Hux
13th December 2008, 09:35 AM
yeah, mine are the superceded models, like this one...

Nice pickup. Finding discounted big wide golf shoes is not exactly easy. Now if they had 14W.........

BrisVegas
13th December 2008, 11:35 AM
they' had a 13W hux, but they almost fit me and i'm normally a 10-10.5 in Aussie sizes.

Courty
13th December 2008, 01:27 PM
Someone is coming around for a look at them today. I'll let you know what happens.

OK, Pete. Probably better if someone else gets 'em as I don't have a wide foot anyhow.

PeteyD
13th December 2008, 02:13 PM
Goneski

Courty
13th December 2008, 02:13 PM
Phew!

haysey
13th December 2008, 02:44 PM
Only way I can get shoes is to order them in from the states. Those clown shoes aren't easy to find.....

Courty
13th December 2008, 03:12 PM
Only way I can get shoes is to order them in from the states. Those clown shoes aren't easy to find.....

I know someone who should have plenty...

http://bp1.blogger.com/_1_JHgEIEjuM/RZ2owONuX9I/AAAAAAAAAEg/hdYmEyHTqnI/s400/Ronald-McDonald-1.jpg

haysey
13th December 2008, 03:16 PM
:oops: I'd wear em. Love a pair of red golf shoes

There's no shame in being tall. The rest of the world is just vertically challenged:D

Hux
13th December 2008, 04:25 PM
they' had a 13W hux, but they almost fit me and i'm normally a 10-10.5 in Aussie sizes.

Damn small sizing then. Mind you I only wear a 14EEE in Asics runners which are pretty small too I thought. Still I have big clod hoppers (goes with the job I guess).

Courty
21st December 2008, 10:02 AM
New model golf shoes on the market (http://thesandtrap.com/apparel/crocs_ace_golf_shoe_review). :roll:

Hux
21st December 2008, 10:13 AM
New model golf shoes on the market (http://thesandtrap.com/apparel/crocs_ace_golf_shoe_review). :roll:

Now I opened up the link, saw the product and then thought....p155 off. Then read the article and thought that for a range sessions they would be great. Light and easy, drive the car in them etc etc.

Can't see you getting away with them on a real course - I'd reckon some of the members would have a heart attack.

Scottt
21st December 2008, 10:41 AM
The guy from Hootie and the Blowfish has thongs with spikes that he plays in :LOL:

sms316
21st December 2008, 11:20 AM
I own a pair of FJ soft-spiked sandals. Great for the range, or when playing in a cart on a course that doesn't mention socks in their dress regs.

kobbsno10
21st December 2008, 04:06 PM
Those Croc's look bloody awful!!

Any of you guy's wear these: http://www.ecco.com/int/en/collection/men/golf/39294/54184/detail.do

They look great but are very pricey, worth it I wonder?

henno
21st December 2008, 04:48 PM
Those Croc's look bloody awful!!

Agreed. And I humbly refer you to the following insightful article on why crocs indeed suck.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fashion

Jarro
21st December 2008, 06:45 PM
They're good shoes Dick ... even for fat fellas :p

AndyP
21st December 2008, 07:36 PM
Running shoes are IT. Golf shoes are overrated.

henno
21st December 2008, 07:38 PM
Running shoes are IT. Golf shoes are overrated.

I'd agree with you, if only my mizunos had spikes. :cry:

jbhayman
21st December 2008, 07:42 PM
I bought reelfits and I am very impressed by them, although I hope once they are broken in I stop squeaking all the time !! :)

kobbsno10
22nd December 2008, 02:32 PM
Agreed. And I humbly refer you to the following insightful article on why crocs indeed suck.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fashion

That's bloody hilarious man and very true also!!:smt038

TheTrueReview
28th December 2008, 01:10 PM
Any of you guy's wear these: http://www.ecco.com/int/en/collection/men/golf/39294/54184/detail.do

They look great but are very pricey, worth it I wonder?

kobbsno10,

I wear the Ecco Classic GTX. http://www.ecco.com/int/en/collection/men/golf/39354/51052/detail.do

In a nutshell -> they comfortable, provide good stability for shotmaking & completely waterproof (thanks to Goretex). Whilst Ecco may be seem expensive to some, there's always deals that can be sniffed out around the place. In Queensland, Victoria Park in Brisbane & Club Pelican on the Sunshine Coast are two places I know of that sell Ecco. I'm sure there's a few places in Sydney that retail Ecco.

Eag's
28th December 2008, 03:15 PM
Played my first round with the Tour 360's today, right heel is a little sore but another couple of rounds and they will be sweet.

AndyP
28th December 2008, 06:12 PM
That shoe you linked to looks way too boring for my liking, TTR.

Eag's
28th December 2008, 06:59 PM

Yeah they have a bit more dazzle than your standard Tan mate ;)

adlo
28th December 2008, 07:14 PM
Eag's, I don't think would criticize the 360 3.0's of lacking dazzle!

I think he was referring to TrueReviews Ecco's :)

AndyP
28th December 2008, 07:54 PM
Indeed. The tan shoes are long gone, and my running shoes have plenty of dazzle. :roll:

The plain black shoe just wasn't floating my boat.

My priority would be comfort first though.

TheTrueReview
28th December 2008, 09:37 PM

Fair call Andy. The look didn't float my boat at first.

Yeah they have a bit more dazzle than your standard Tan mate ;)

Indeed. The tan shoes are long gone, and my running shoes have plenty of dazzle. :roll:

The plain black shoe just wasn't floating my boat.

My priority would be comfort first though.

... and it was comfort that won out in the end. I had my heart set on the Adidas Tour 360s because of their looks. I tried them on but thankfully the (honest) retailer kept emphasising the importance of comfort over everything else. The Tour 360s just didn't feel as comfortable as the Eccos. Although they looked 15 times better, head won out over heart for once. I'm glad it did because the quality of the Eccos has proven itself over & over. If you don't mind an occasional wet foot when it rains, I'm sure that running shoes are just as comfortable.

Courty
28th December 2008, 10:50 PM
The tan shoes are long gone, and my running shoes have plenty of dazzle. :roll:

How do they go for grip when swinging?

BrisVegas
29th December 2008, 08:06 AM
AndyP swings within himself, so no dramas with lateral grip.

AndyP
29th December 2008, 09:15 AM
I might fall on my arse if I had Grunt's swing though. But then again, who wouldn't besides the man himself.

oobsadd2
13th February 2009, 08:24 AM
I bought a pair of Callaways. I played a few rounds in them and thinking they were hard on my feet so I slipped in some inners. Well I played 72 holes in 2 days and was almost crippled. I couldnt put shoes on for 2 days after. The only reason I put on shoes after that was I had to play golf again. I didnt wear the Callaways. In fact I cant see me ever wearing them again.
Time for new shoes again.
Has anyone come across golf shoes for golfers who pronate ? Perhaps like the running shoes with different grade rubber strategically located in the soles .

TheTrueReview
13th February 2009, 08:37 AM
Found the Eccos I was looking for and on special to boot. Bought the Classic Saddle (White/Cognac) Happy days. :smt038

PS. oobsadd2, I don't really know much about the pronating issue but if you want a running shoe type of golf shoe, Nike has some new offerings & Adidas seems to follow that style.

oobsadd2
13th February 2009, 09:35 AM
No, not a huge fan of the running style golf shoe. Given the market, I thought there might be Pronating sympathetic golf shoes as there are running shoes.

beanbag
13th February 2009, 03:58 PM
just got these today putting them to the test tomorrow

http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/mens.asp?c=14&s=53742&p=2

had adidas 360 's but found the to narrow in the toes , and had about 2 months of blisters until final worn in hopefully the FJ are better

zigwah
13th February 2009, 04:12 PM
i just bought a pair of Footjoy reelfits, man they are the most comfy shoe i have ever worn didn't even fell like they were brand new. I love them and i liked the price too 160 smackers

zigwah
13th February 2009, 04:46 PM
Just go and try them on in the golf store then order them online......

That's what i did

TheTrueReview
13th February 2009, 09:04 PM
No, not a huge fan of the running style golf shoe. Given the market, I thought there might be Pronating sympathetic golf shoes as there are running shoes.

oobsadd2, perhaps a sports podiatrist would be helpful. I saw one a few years ago when I had shin splints and he was very good. He also helped a friend with advice about the right running shoe for her big flat feet.

Moe Norman
13th February 2009, 09:11 PM
I got a pair of reel fits too (off PeteyD) and they are very comfortable, but extremely heavy.

I have dryjoy pro's that aren't as comfortable, but weigh a fair bit less. If I play alot of golf I think I'll have to switch between the 2 (as if that would happen!)

Courty
13th February 2009, 09:14 PM
I'm currently sourcing a pair of Nike Air Zoom Elite II's

http://img.golfshoesonly.com/images/products/large/1014000/1014637-ACF.jpg

Golfnut
14th February 2009, 02:37 AM
Tried just about every Nike & Adidas golf shoe on today only to come back to where I strated....walked away with the, now superceded, Adidas AD Comfort II Wd shoes...they just felt right from the minute I slipped them on. Pair them with some new Oakley socks...very comfy indeed.

Couldn't believe how uncomfortable some of the $200+ shoes felt....some where cutting into my toes, others where cutting into the tops of my ankle...

Anyway can't wait to give 'em a run this weekend.

damoocow
22nd March 2009, 12:01 AM
My old Adidas and Etonics both gave up the ghost in the last 3 months so ended up buying new golf shoes from A Mart - Adidas Stripelites - most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn - so good I am thinking of going back and getting a back up pair to hang on to - for around $100 they are excellent value for money

razaar
22nd March 2009, 08:49 AM
Damo, the club has footjoy comforts for under $150.:)

AlexMc
22nd March 2009, 06:04 PM
Bought a pair of Reelfits early 2008 - went fine until the reel unit seized up and I couldn't get them tight enough. Was a good experiment however no good for a dusty location...

Got Tour 360's now - feel really stable on the tee but they are blistering a bit...

Courty
22nd March 2009, 07:15 PM
I'm currently sourcing a pair of Nike Air Zoom Elite II's

http://img.golfshoesonly.com/images/products/large/1014000/1014637-ACF.jpg

I have a pair of these arriving in the next few days. 8)

haysey
22nd March 2009, 07:18 PM
I have a pair of these arriving in the next few days. 8)

The question is, how many pieces will they be in?:-k

Courty
22nd March 2009, 09:05 PM
The question is, how many pieces will they be in?:-k

:smt108

LarryLong
22nd March 2009, 09:20 PM
My terrible butt-ugly golf shoes finally shat themselves last week. Yippee! Time for a new pair.

I stumbled across the footjoy 'myjoys' on a couple of sites, so for a giggle I've been telling my mates that I'm going to go for something lairy along these lines:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8910/golfshoes265.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=golfshoes265.jpg)

Anybody ever bought myjoys online? Don't know if I'd do it because I have no idea what size I am and its a heap of money to blow on ill-fitting shoes (oh, and also because I suspect I may end up looking like a wanker in these puppies. :))

henno
22nd March 2009, 09:31 PM
I've also tinkered with the "myjoys", but never with any more seriousness than killing time with their shoe configurator thinger.

PeteyD
22nd March 2009, 11:41 PM
My terrible butt-ugly golf shoes finally shat themselves last week. Yippee! Time for a new pair.

I stumbled across the footjoy 'myjoys' on a couple of sites, so for a giggle I've been telling my mates that I'm going to go for something lairy along these lines:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8910/golfshoes265.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=golfshoes265.jpg)

Anybody ever bought myjoys online? Don't know if I'd do it because I have no idea what size I am and its a heap of money to blow on ill-fitting shoes (oh, and also because I suspect I may end up looking like a wanker in these puppies. :))

Yea but a well heeled wanker!

LarryLong
26th April 2009, 06:20 PM
Just picked up a pair of Footjoy GreenJoys. I thought I might spend a few months walking around in their cheapo models before I fork out big bucks for the expensive versions. Felt comfy in the shop, I'm hoping that translates across to the course.

Do people wear new golf shoes in before a round? I'm trying to wear them around the house for a day or two in the hope that the first round I play in them doesn't end in tears.

Hux
26th April 2009, 07:45 PM
Larry

I have a pair of FJ eComforts which were instantly comfortable. No chaffing etc.
With some prize money I just got aset of the new FJ Dryjoy with Pods. Noice. Same as ecomforts. No chaffing and actually a lot more comfortable that the eComforts.
Of interest, I am a wide fitting in all shoes. The dryjoys only come in medium. In a 14 they are as wide as the 14W eComforts.

Dotty
26th April 2009, 08:27 PM
Ditto. Able to play 18 holes straight away in the last couple of pairs of Footjoy Contours.

But no harm in a couple of nights in front of the TV in golf shoes.

PeteyD
27th April 2009, 07:25 AM
Interesting. The dry joys are not as wide as the eComforts for me. But then again my stupid foot is totally ****t.

razaar
27th April 2009, 10:22 AM
Under the inersole of the FJ eComforts is a rubber heel plug; does FJ have these plugs in different thicknesses? Their website doesn't mention it.

Bungeye
27th April 2009, 03:06 PM
I picked up a pair the Ecco Casual Cool's while overseas, and I can't fault them. Had a pair of Adidas Tour 360's prior to that and they were fine, except I found the rolled my ankles inwards. I'm very fussy about shoes (4 knee reco's means I ain't got much knee left for cushioning) and I've found the Ecco's are excellent. Walk 18 holes easy with no knee pain and no blisters.

Hux
27th April 2009, 04:03 PM
Interesting. The dry joys are not as wide as the eComforts for me. But then again my stupid foot is totally ****t.

Are both medium fittings?

What I meant was that the eComfort in a wide fitting isn't that much wider than a medium fit in the Dryjoy.

Which is just as well in my case as they don't make Dryjoy in a 14W only medium.

Razaar

The plugs come in different firmness grades. My ecomfort came with soft and not so soft :mrgreen:

oobsadd2
27th April 2009, 04:35 PM
I picked up a pair the Ecco Casual Cool's while overseas, and I can't fault them. Had a pair of Adidas Tour 360's prior to that and they were fine, except I found the rolled my ankles inwards. I'm very fussy about shoes (4 knee reco's means I ain't got much knee left for cushioning) and I've found the Ecco's are excellent. Walk 18 holes easy with no knee pain and no blisters.

Wow, youve really punished your body, 4 new knees and you call yourself "bung eye" what is the rest like ? :)

Beetle34
27th April 2009, 05:45 PM
I have a pair of adidas 360 II's, very comfy although a bit hot for Mount Isa.

Yossarian
27th April 2009, 07:30 PM
Anyone seen any good deals for shoes in perth? I am in dire need of some new shoes.

Bungeye
28th April 2009, 08:52 AM
ahhh, unless you see the scars on the knees the fake eye is more obvious oobs.

Especially when I've had a couple and put it in sideways by mistake!

oobsadd2
28th April 2009, 11:40 AM
ahhh, unless you see the scars on the knees the fake eye is more obvious oobs.

Especially when I've had a couple and put it in sideways by mistake!

I could handle the eye in sideways, the legs on backwards would crack me up :)

Captain Nemo
29th April 2009, 12:58 PM
Rockbottom has these at a great price, plenty of sizes/colours if a few people got together and put in an order, save on shipping.

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-17159114447480_2050_90496687 (http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/footjoy-dry-joy-53742-golf-shoes.html)http://us.st1.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/Img/trans_1x1.gifFootjoy Golf- Dry Joy Golf Shoes (#53742) (http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/footjoy-dry-joy-53742-golf-shoes.html)
2 YEAR WATERPROOF WARRANTY!!
Footjoy continues the Dry Joy tradition with this exceptional golf shoe…http://us.st1.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/Img/trans_1x1.gif
Their Price: $170.00
Rock Bottom Price: $79.99

Yossarian
29th April 2009, 01:01 PM
would be keen just need to figure out my size

henno
29th April 2009, 01:55 PM
would be keen just need to figure out my size

+1

Captain Nemo
29th April 2009, 01:57 PM
Just go down and try on at your pro-shop, not many dont stock Footjoy's.
They are the same sizing in all thier range, be careful as they have many widths.

PeteyD
29th April 2009, 04:11 PM
And make sure you try that model, as the widths vary from model to model.

Yossarian
29th April 2009, 04:25 PM
ok i'm a ten, will me being in WA affect the postage??

Captain Nemo
29th April 2009, 08:23 PM
Even if you got your own, say $140 us shipped, its only $170 oz, you save around $50!

Yossarian
29th April 2009, 08:33 PM
yeah good point, i might to it that way to save you guys the hassle unless anyone from perth is keen??

henno
29th April 2009, 08:56 PM
By my calculations they would be landed between $150-155 australian at the current exchange rates.

Captain Nemo
30th April 2009, 11:42 AM
That's probably a saving of around $70, good price i reckon!

Yossarian
30th April 2009, 09:01 PM
Walked into local golfbox today, they had a pair of nike air zoom elite for 150, felt better than the dryjoys i tried on yesterday so i am now sorted.
But may still order a pair of dryjoys too:twisted:

Ned
30th April 2009, 09:25 PM
Got my Foot Joy Superlites this week, seem to meet their name and felt comfortable to play in.

giddyupgaz
1st May 2009, 06:40 AM
Been using the super lites for a few months now, awesome shoes very comfortable. Also got a pair of Dryjoys (excellent, saving for winter rounds) and a pair of Puma Concordes that I haven't tried out yet

Grunt
3rd May 2009, 09:04 AM
Went to the Golf Factory @ Narellan yesterday. Went with the purpose to get some balls and could not walk past the Shoes.
I picked up some Adidas Powerband WD for $99. A little lairy with White shoes with Red & Silver Stripes. Looked at the Tour 360 for $115, The Powerbands were a better fit. They are teh previous model but with the discounts I think that is pretty good.
Heaps of shoes in stock too, planty of sizes available. I also asked about mail orders and was told no problem. Might be a place for you guys looking for shoes.

Jarro
3rd May 2009, 04:34 PM
Went to the Golf Factory @ Narellan yesterday. Went with the purpose to get some balls and could not walk past the Shoes.
I picked up some Adidas Powerband WD for $99. A little lairy with White shoes with Red & Silver Stripes. Looked at the Tour 360 for $115, The Powerbands were a better fit. They are teh previous model but with the discounts I think that is pretty good.
Heaps of shoes in stock too, planty of sizes available. I also asked about mail orders and was told no problem. Might be a place for you guys looking for shoes.

That's pretty cheap for the Tour360's isn't it ? :-s

henno
3rd May 2009, 04:36 PM
Very much so. I can only assume they are the earlier model Tour 360s, but still a good price.

Grunt
3rd May 2009, 05:52 PM
They are the 360 Mark II, The Mark III were in store also but were $199 I think.

henno
3rd May 2009, 06:16 PM
Mark IIs at $115 is still a good buy. I have been looking for a pair at around this price, but size 12s seem difficult to come buy.

Grunt
3rd May 2009, 06:19 PM
Have all Sizes Henno, up to 13's at least. Colours might be the only limit.

Jarro
3rd May 2009, 06:36 PM
Does this place have a website Grunt ?

Grunt
3rd May 2009, 06:38 PM
Will look but I definitely can get you the number. They are pretty good for golf ball deals too.

Grunt
3rd May 2009, 06:39 PM
Narellan Golf Factory

Shop 1 Exchange Pde Narellan, New South Wales

02 4647 8542

Jarro
3rd May 2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks Grunt 8)

Grunt
3rd May 2009, 06:42 PM
Will try and find you a copy of their latest ad.

Sydney Hacker
3rd May 2009, 06:51 PM
They advertise a lot in the pacific golfer and the other social golf magazine you get at clubs.

Grunt
4th May 2009, 05:35 PM
Does this place have a website Grunt ?

Heres the latest ads from Pacific Golfer

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6580/narellangolf.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5365/scan20001bmp.jpg

Moe Norman
4th May 2009, 05:59 PM
Puma at DFO have sweet golf shoes ranging from $60 to $120.

Eag's
29th June 2009, 01:36 PM
I think Jarro has a pair Rich and he rates them highly.

Dotty
29th June 2009, 03:13 PM
I had a pair of Etonics around 1990 and they were very comfortable. (They felt more like running shoes, than the common 'street shoes with a steel base plate' at that time.)

Would have bought a replacement pair, but it was hard to find a stockist in the mid-90's.

gazgolf1
29th June 2009, 04:35 PM
Thats a good deal on those Etonics Rich, Jarro and I have Etonic's top shoe the Difference and they are great, comfy, waterproof and they really look cool when you've got muscular calves like myself and Mark.
On second thoughts maybe you should check out some Brosnan's. :)

gazgolf1
29th June 2009, 08:30 PM
You are seriously kidding Gaz...I've seen better legs in the Eagle Farm daily double compared to jarro and I have my suspicions that you've had work done down there.

I like to think my calves and thighs are dead ringers to Rod marsh's.

I just got a little bit sick in my mouth when you said "thigh" then.

PeteyD
29th June 2009, 08:33 PM
But the thigh is the best part of a chicken.

KristianJ
8th August 2009, 09:03 PM
I picked up some Adidas Powerband WD for $99. A little lairy with White shoes with Red & Silver Stripes. Looked at the Tour 360 for $115, The Powerbands were a better fit. They are the previous model but with the discounts I think that is pretty good.

I bought the Powerbands (with the lairy orange and black stripes) from Rockbottom about a month ago...good value for money shoe. Penrith Golf Factory's only a block from where I work, so I visit there quite often, even if I don't have anything that I need to buy (and I generally don't come away with anything either :razz: ).

Jarro
9th August 2009, 05:00 AM
Get the Etonics Dick ... great shews

parlyboy
9th August 2009, 02:38 PM
Just spotted an an on the other site for Etonic XC golf shoes for $69.
Anyone used these ?
Does Etonic have any cred ?
I got etonics..they are noice and comfy, but Footjoy Superlites look sweet...about $140 i think from Drummonds.

markTHEblake
18th September 2009, 08:42 PM
House of Golf Bundall (used to be a Nevada Bobs i think) has black Footjoy Dryjoys for $150.

looks like there is about 30-40 pairs, all sizes

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2009, 09:53 PM
great shoes blakey. i just ordered a back up set in from the states with aldo's big bag order. ended up costing me about $85 aud all up. couldn't pass up that deal. $150 is still a great deal locally.

markTHEblake
18th September 2009, 10:00 PM
where did you get them for that price?

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2009, 10:08 PM
TGW had certain colours going for $59 usd plus shipping. my shipping wasn't too bad because the boys were buying 3 golf bags.

looks like they are back to $69. once you select your size, it will show what colours are available and for what price.

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp?SUBCATEGORY_ID=11354