PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Aficionados.

terryand
20th May 2008, 06:26 PM
Seems I have the gaming bug again after getting the PS3 for "watching Blu-ray movies" :roll: and I have managed to rack up a couple of extra games after getting Grand theft auto 4 with the console.

So my question to the guys that have had a PS3 for awhile now what other game are a must? From reading other threads, it seems GT 5 is a definite, but I'll probably wait for the full game to come out.

I guess main question is what is the TW golf game like? Among others that you might have played and liked, or even played and hated, so don't buy it kinda thing.

Terry.

jaybam
20th May 2008, 06:33 PM
I got TW 08 and is good fun. Also bought myself a little bluetooth headset which is compatible with the ps3 so you can chat to the people you are playing against which is a bit more interesting. Also with Tw you can download a photo of yourself into the game and it turns you into the character which is better than everyone just being Tiger. Also for a bit of fun they have just released everybodys golf world tour which is a bit of fun. Games are still a bit on the thin side with the ps3 but there is a few out there but me myself am still hooked on grand theft auto lol. Hook it up online and will meet you for a game of tiger some time :)

dpac
20th May 2008, 06:53 PM
I have GT5 trial version
GTA
Call of Duty 4

GT5 is the best I think.... :smt038

But not a fan of any golf games really TW07 wasn't that great at all.:(

AndyP
20th May 2008, 07:00 PM
You and Fishy should hook up, Tez.

terryand
20th May 2008, 07:58 PM
You and Fishy should hook up, Tez.

I don't know how to respond to this :?

Terry.

virge666
20th May 2008, 08:24 PM
GTA 4 - what else do you need ?

if you really have to . . .
Asassins Creed, GT5 and Call of Duty 4

Fishman Dan
20th May 2008, 08:33 PM
Tez - welcome ;)

Skip GT5P, wait for the full game.
GTA IV is sensational. It's completely misguided, but the landscape and everything within it is brilliant. Online multiplayer is also fantastic. I have only played a tiny portion of the single player game.

If you're after a arcade-type driving game, look for MotorStorm, quite fun and can be picked up on eBay cheap.

Other than that, I've got Tiger Woods 08 which takes some getting used to, but once you build your skills up it gets better and better, and NHL 08.

The media streaming capabilities of the PS3 is the big catch, and Blu-Ray's are spectacular.

terryand
20th May 2008, 09:03 PM
Tez - welcome ;)

Skip GT5P, wait for the full game.
GTA IV is sensational. It's completely misguided, but the landscape and everything within it is brilliant. Online multiplayer is also fantastic. I have only played a tiny portion of the single player game.

If you're after a arcade-type driving game, look for MotorStorm, quite fun and can be picked up on eBay cheap.

Other than that, I've got Tiger Woods 08 which takes some getting used to, but once you build your skills up it gets better and better, and NHL 08.

The media streaming capabilities of the PS3 is the big catch, and Blu-Ray's are spectacular.

Yep got Motorstorm, picked it up with a controller for $99, which I thought was good value.Can't seem to get enough time with no kids around to really get into GTA IV ATM.

Keen to give the golf ago, it will probably be the closest thing to golf for me for awhile :?

Waiting to get a good wireless router to get into the media steaming.

And yep the Blu-ray's are awesome, I'm up to 30 movies already(I have more in my collection than the video store in town) :oops: and if you haven't seen it yet on Blu-Ray,"do yourself a favour" and watch CARS, absolutely mind blowing :shock:

Terry.

Fishman Dan
20th May 2008, 09:21 PM
I haven't seen Cars yet, thanks for the tip! I bought Ratatouille when I bought the PS3, another good title.

There's a list floating around the internet of Region-free Blu-Ray's, should get hold of it and get onto Amazon.com.

If you don't have a wireless router but have wireless on your PC, you should be able to assign static IP's and still use your PC as a media server. Check out Tversity (http://tversity.com/home) as your media server software.

markTHEblake
20th May 2008, 11:24 PM
If they have Outlaw Golf for the Ps3 - get it , So much better than the normal golf sims.
for a start all the characters look like Ozgolfers

Fishman Dan
21st May 2008, 09:21 AM
There's "Everybody's Golf (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-15-everybody%27s+golf-70-1vg2-43-bm.html)", which I think is similar to what you are talking about Blake. Tez would know Shot Online - it's very similar to that. Cartoon-type arcade golf game, unlike the wannabe-style of Tiger Woods.

jaybam
21st May 2008, 07:41 PM
Nah outlaw golf is full of hookers and murderers and you bash your caddy when your pissed :) Great game .

markTHEblake
22nd May 2008, 10:48 AM
Nah outlaw golf is full of hookers and murderers and you bash your caddy when your pissed :) Great game .

Yep - Ozgolfers

Shazza and Pete?

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4123/1261moi5.jpg