PDA

View Full Version : Moonah Links is the place to be Saturday 31st May

shavey
20th May 2008, 02:30 PM
I'm down for the week with work and decided to extend for a day...

Hoping for an early game on Saturday so I can make it to the Pies vs Eagles game by 2:00pm

Looking forward to a bit of southern hospitality so fire away boys and girls with some suggestions...

andigold
20th May 2008, 04:31 PM
Where will you be staying shavey & do you have a car? I might be able to get you on at Spring Valley (need permission from the pres, capt or GM on a Saturday, but they let me bring Fishy last year). Wouldn't be able to get more than 1 guest on though so if there's another option where a few can play that may end up better.

goughy
20th May 2008, 05:33 PM
If they let Fishy on then surely they'd let you have 4 groups! It'd be considered about the same concession! ;)

shavey
20th May 2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the offer andigold...

Staying at Radisson Flagstaff and I'll have a car...

Would still love to meet a few more of you so if there is something going, please let me know...

And happy to make an early trek down the coast if need be :)

Bruce
20th May 2008, 08:55 PM
From that central point you can go either peninsula. The trick will be getting back into town in time for the footy.

Sandy, Brighton or Albert Park would be the closest pay per play courses - but I don't think they are worth going out of your way for. I'm sure you can find someone nice to host such a high profile golfing individual as yourself.

Flowergirl
20th May 2008, 09:00 PM
Hiya Shavey :) You are going to be pushing it to get a game down on the Mornington Peninsula and then back in time for the footy. You'd need to allow 2 hours to get back to the city, park and get into the ground. But in saying that you could tee off at 7.30am - which means a 6.00am departure from the city on Saturday morning. It could be done. Just don't know who else would be able to get away that early.
Andigold's offer is looking pretty good in my eyes.

andigold
21st May 2008, 09:49 AM
If they let Fishy on then surely they'd let you have 4 groups! It'd be considered about the same concession! ;)

He was very good goughy, cleared out a lot of the old sand from the bunkers. :D

andigold
21st May 2008, 09:54 AM
Let me know if you want me to see if I can book you in Shavey as the sooner I ask the more likely it is that I can get you on.

shavey
21st May 2008, 11:52 AM
Make it so Andigold, don't want to bring the sticks down for nothing :)

shavey
21st May 2008, 04:39 PM
Unfortunately Andigold got the big no from the powers that be so Spring Valley is out!

Looks like we are open to suggestions again...

I have a couple of golf industry colleagues I could always call upon but would rather meet some more of the ozgolf family...

Bruce
21st May 2008, 05:09 PM
Shavey

Which is more important? The footy or the golf? There is no bad answer, but it will shape what your other options may be.

chappy1970
21st May 2008, 05:20 PM
I'd be happy to host you at Southern Shavey, but I fear I may get the same response that AndiGold got.

Looking at the Timesheet for this Saturday, there is about 20 blocks on the waiting list.

Chappy

shavey
21st May 2008, 05:22 PM
Well, I'm not particularly a fan of either West Coast or (heaven forbid) Collingwood so golf would definately be #1! :)

Are you suggesting I try and fit two games of golf in or one quality game ;)

Bruce
21st May 2008, 05:54 PM
If you give up on the footy then there is oodles of golf available.

I'm not sure I'm ready to do a double header down Mornington way again yet, but I'll happily head out of town with you in either direction.

Any of the fabulous par per plays on either peninsula suits me. I've got a $30 voucher at Moonah Links I need to cash in at some point.

Take you pick of Moonah Links, The Dunes, Cape Schank, 13th Beach etc and we'll see who else wants to tag along.

Webster
21st May 2008, 06:21 PM
Forget the footy and go to the track instead.

shavey
21st May 2008, 07:16 PM
Probably should head to the track Jack, my return flight is already paid for so no issues not having enough money to get home :)

Webster
21st May 2008, 08:10 PM
Flemington is on the way to the airport too. I might have a special for you on the day...

Fishman Dan
21st May 2008, 09:08 PM
He was very good goughy, cleared out a lot of the old sand from the bunkers. :D

Felt like burying myself in them by the end of the day. Geezus I saw a lot of sand. That's the thing about 'designed' courses, they are set up to trick the choppers!!

shavey
22nd May 2008, 12:53 PM
Is anybody else keen on Moonah Links? I'm just waiting on details from a friend working there and wanted to know who else was keen. Also, what is everybodies feeling on playing 36 holes... Just trying to make the most of my time... :)

1. Shavey (36 if anybody else is keen)
2. Bruce

Flowergirl
22nd May 2008, 01:52 PM
So sorry Shavey:evil: I'm working Saturday morning and then we are having a dinner party on Saturday night so I'll be busy in the kitchen - where I am lead to believe that where women belong;)

Hope you have a great game. The weather forecast sounds great for the weekend - Melbourne standards.

Bruce
22nd May 2008, 02:04 PM
If we're doing Moonah can we do Legends?

And I'm only able to manage 18 without hiring a divorce lawyer

shavey
23rd May 2008, 10:04 AM
Moonah Links - Legends course... details to follow

1. Shavey
2. Keith (friend of Shavey)
3. Bruce

Shaneo
23rd May 2008, 10:14 AM
Is anybody else keen on Moonah Links? I'm just waiting on details from a friend working there and wanted to know who else was keen. Also, what is everybodies feeling on playing 36 holes... Just trying to make the most of my time... :)

1. Shavey (36 if anybody else is keen)
2. Bruce

i'd have to get back to you about it, but i would be keen.
hopefully the roster hasn't come out yet.

Shaneo
23rd May 2008, 10:27 AM
i'd have to get back to you about it, but i would be keen.
hopefully the roster hasn't come out yet.

have to give it a miss, sorry guys
roster came out yesterday so i can't get out of it.
if it had of been sunday i'd be playin.
hope you guys have a good day though, great course the legends.

Bruce
23rd May 2008, 11:04 AM
Excellent! I can't wait to get back there.

We'll see if I like it as much if I'm not playing well.

shavey
26th May 2008, 12:26 PM
Booked in for 9:00am Saturday 31st May on the Legends Course...

Look forward to seeing you there Brucey...

Still one more spot to fill if anybody can make it...

Bruce
28th May 2008, 08:14 AM
No one else?

Legends is a great place to play.

shavey
29th May 2008, 05:47 PM
Just a heads up to all for when you see the scores, we are playing the open course so take off at least 10 shots :)

swanny
1st June 2008, 05:11 AM
Cmon Guys give us the details how did it go

Bruce
1st June 2008, 10:15 AM
Bruce 41
Shavey 35
Shavey's mate 31

See the WDYS thread for more.

Grunt
1st June 2008, 10:37 AM
Well played Bruce