PDA

View Full Version : Mate recording at Electric Ladyland!!

goughy
19th May 2008, 09:15 PM
Some of you's may know that I play in a band. The lead singer/pianist/guitarist has been writing songs as long as I can remember. He had hundreds when we were in high school. Many years ago now he gave up his chance at a contract in Europe to return home and settle down.

Now he's a lawyer and partner in a firm, and writing the best stuff of his life. He has some management again and they have him booked to record 2 days at the Electric Lady Land studies in New York, started by Jimi Hendrix. One of a handful of renowned and historic studios in the world.

They also have some of the top session muso's booked to record with him. They don't even want to see the music till he gets there. All off the cuff for them.

Anyway, I'm stoked for him, and it's long overdue. Can't wait to see what happens for him!

PeteyD
19th May 2008, 09:18 PM
Nice. Hope he does well. Not many other studios I'd like, maybe Apple, or the one that EVH has on his property ;)

goughy
19th May 2008, 09:22 PM
Abbey Road would be king! Maybe Capitol. But to be in the rooms mitch mitchell played with Jimi!!!! And I think it's just mostly for a demo!

markTHEblake
19th May 2008, 09:22 PM
Goughy, does this mean you are gunna get on Countdown?

goughy
19th May 2008, 10:19 PM
Mate, if I went there, the little 5 year old kid out the front on the street banging on trashcans while his mates breakdance would tell my I ain't a drummers arse! And he'd be right.

Check out Studio A, where I think he's booked
http://www.electricladystudios.com/studio_1.html

Jarro
20th May 2008, 05:31 AM
Peter Gabriels Real World studio is supposed to be pretty awesome too...... http://www.realworldstudios.com/

He's a lucky man Goughy .... tell him i hate him :p

swanny
22nd May 2008, 05:19 AM
why dont you invite him and his mates to the champs Goughy then we can tell KV we will bring our own entertainment

Jarro
22nd May 2008, 06:09 AM
why dont you invite him and his mates to the champs Goughy then we can tell KV we will bring our own entertainment

Oh we'll have our own entertainment alright ;)

Andrew
22nd May 2008, 07:04 AM
They also have some of the top session muso's booked to record with him.

Obviously he doesn't, because I haven't received a call yet. :lol:

I have never been to E.L.L., but I've recorded at Powerstation in New York, & I've recorded at Abbey Road with Alan Parsons. (Nobody probably knows who that is anymore, but his name use to be a nice little boast.)

goughy
22nd May 2008, 07:07 AM
His name is a boast to me!

And you're not a 'New York Session Musco', hence the no call.

And swanny, we don't have enough money to afford us as entertainment ;)

goughy
14th June 2008, 06:24 PM
Got an sms from him last night. He was recording with Wilson Pickets and Sam Moore's sax player at the time! Bastard!