PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing May 19th 2008

Shaneo
19th May 2008, 07:20 PM
another week and yes we played pennant and i'm not going to say anything because that was last week.

played at ringwood today

f/ways - 9/13
greens - 15/18
putts - 32
birdies - 3
bogeys - 1

stableford - 39 points.
not bad left a couple out there but that happens.
hopefully can play well through the week aswell.

leighthebee
19th May 2008, 07:33 PM
trainee pro-am at Pacific. 84 and 4 greens :-(

played just as badly as the pro's in my group. lotsa 80's

Coffs_Hacker
20th May 2008, 04:20 PM
Played single stab today at sawtell again. 37pts

8fir
5 gir
32 putts

left a easy 6-7 shots out there again - maybe 1 day soon

leighthebee
20th May 2008, 05:58 PM
41 this afternoon back nine at Pacific. not too unhappy after starting bogey, double, bogey on the first three.

Bruce
20th May 2008, 08:58 PM
Scrubbed around Neanger Park with Mum and Dad yesterday. I think the course was still set up for the last round of their champs with some eye opening pin positions.

2 birdies and 4 pars were OK, but the fact I barely escaped raising the bat is the story of the rest of the day.

Flowergirl
22nd May 2008, 10:36 AM
Ist round of the Club Champs yesterday. Had a great front nine - 41:mrgreen: and an average back nine 46:evil:. Gross 87 - net 71. Am currently second in both gross ( 5 off the pace) and nett ( 1 off the pace).
The conditions were excellent but we only had a handful of good scores. Bit of pressure out there methinks;)
Looking forward to next week.:smt023

chappy1970
22nd May 2008, 12:46 PM
Keep it going FG, you can do IT!

Flowergirl
22nd May 2008, 01:54 PM
Keep it going FG, you can do IT!

The girl winning gross has been Club Champ for the past 5 years. No one else comes close to her. And she thrives on pressure.

Grunt
22nd May 2008, 02:12 PM
Played Wallacia this morning, was a slow start off the 11th tee. Was hitting the ball better but still couldn't score. At the turn I was 11 points and thought "here we go again another 20-22 point round". I was Wrong! I hit my straps to come home with 21 points on the front nine, got a 1 pointer on 10 to finish with 33. Best round in a long time. Even started to get some feel back in the shorter shots, still not good enough but way better.

Little greens out at Wallacia really sort out your iron play. Really like the new holes out there. G69 is right when it is finally finished it is going to be a great course. New holes are very different now though, greens are roughly triple the size on the new holes.

Stats

33 points (21 + 12) 0 Wipes:smt038, 7x 1 pointers though:roll:
89 Gross (38 + 51)
5 Fairways
2 GIR
34 Putts (4 1putts & 2 3 Putts)
2/13 Up & downs
0/1 Sandsaves
2 Penalties

Shaneo
22nd May 2008, 06:15 PM
played at eastwood today

f/ways - 10/14
greens - 14/18
putts - 30
birdies - 2
bogeys - 2

stableford - 37 points.
actually won the comp on a countback. can't beleive winning with 37 as the conditions were perfect.
well i'm not complaining

jaybam
23rd May 2008, 06:01 PM
Decided my last day at woolworths would be better spent on the golf course. So played at oxley today in their blue tee stableford. Shot 77 with 37 points so am happy i played instead of worked. Didnt keep any stats except a good 27 putts for the day saved my butt as ball striking was terrible. Oh and lost .2 off the cap :) Better than giving the .1 back.

Grunt
23rd May 2008, 08:48 PM
Played at Camden Valley again (Holes 10 to 27) today, the front nine has me by the balls:smt087, 9 points (3 wipes :roll:). Came back better on the back (18 points)to settle with 27 points.

27 points
99 Gross
81 Nett
3 Fairways
2 GIR
30 Putts :) (3x 3 putts, 9x 1 putt)
2/13 Up & Down

daMANiack
23rd May 2008, 09:34 PM
Hi,

Played at Flagstaff Hill GC in Adelaide on 23/5/08.

Front 9 (pretty crappy)

12 Stableford points
4 Pars
1 Bogey
2 Doubles
1 Triple
44 off stick (8 over)Back 9 (now you're talking) :smt038

23 Stableford points
3 Birdies
5 Pars
1 Bogey
34 off stick (2 under)I just don't know what happened on the front 9, couldn't find a fairway, they'd just rolled greens and I had heaps of 3 putts.

Cheerz :) :D ;)

AndyP
23rd May 2008, 10:47 PM
Hi daMANiack, nice round. It's good to see another Croweater on board.

Are you all this good at maths though? :p

daMANiack
24th May 2008, 03:42 AM
Hi,

Ok, Ok, my maths STINKS, all corrected now, HaHaHa. :smt038

Thanks.

Hi daMANiack, nice round. It's good to see another Croweater on board.

Are you all this good at maths though? :p

================================================== ==========================

Cheerz =P~ :D :lol: :wink:

WITB
====

Driver: Nike SQ Tour 460 10.5* VS Prototype 65R (Spined)
Fairway Wood: Nike SasQuatch 2 3w 15* NVS-75R (Spined)
Hybrid: Adams A2 #2 18* NS PRO 850GH R-Flex (Spined)

Irons:

Callaway X-20 TOUR 3-PW NS PRO 850GH R-Flex (Spined) (previously Project X Flighted 5.0)
Mizuno MX-25 3-PW TT Dynalight SL R-Flex (Spined)Wedges: Mizuno MP-T Black Ni 51-08, 56-10 and 60-08 (Spined)
Putter: Odyssey Marxman Mallet 34"
H/cap: 4-5
YOB: 1954

AndyP
24th May 2008, 09:37 AM
12+23=35

shazza_rs
24th May 2008, 01:34 PM
24/5/08 - Middle Ridge - First Round Club Champs
-----------------------------------------------
85/74 (Par is 73)
8/14 Fairways
6/18 GIR
8/11 Up and downs
1/1 Sand Save

Not entirely unhappy with the score. I played the back nine first in +4. Pretty happy with that. One double and two bogies. Front nine was another story, +8. Put a ball in the drink from the tee off 6 - double. Lost a ball from the tee on 8, hit the left hand edge of a tree and we all lost it. Could be anywhere - double. So apart from those two holes i played pretty solidly.

Shaneo
24th May 2008, 02:26 PM
played southern today

f/ways - 9/14
greens - 13/18
putts - 32
birdies - 4
bogeys - 4

stableford - 37points.
2 under with 3 to go and screwed it up royally to finish even.
cannot putt for shite. again missed 6 putts inside 8 feet. i think it's time to back the scotty cameron again.
i'll put it in for the next couple of rounds and see what happens.

Courty
24th May 2008, 05:07 PM
Slow play is becoming a real problem at my club lately. They've tried to implement some new measures, but they seem to have made things worse rather than better. We cruised around our first 9 in good time today, then hit the traffic jam. The 2nd 9 was a disaster. 5 minute waits between every shot. Frikkin disgraceful. I think the problem is the early afternoon field are making the turn and getting held up by the tail of the field. A simple solution of playing everyone off the 1st tee all day would suffice, but they don;t wanna know about it.

Anyhow, I had 18 on the 1st 9 & 10 on the second 9. Completely lost my rhythm after standing around so much.

haysey
24th May 2008, 05:31 PM
[quote=Courty;228277] A simple solution of playing everyone off the 1st tee all day would suffice, but they don;t wanna know about it.

Courty, do you know what the reasoning is behind not sending everyone off the first tee?? Do they lose to many tee times?

The crack down on slow play seems to be working in the mornings. Our last couple of rounds have been around 4 hrs 10 which is much better than it has been.

Is there anyone marshalling in the afternoons?. I think both the guys who do it in the mornings play in the afternoons dont they?

For the record I had 38 points which will hopefully see me playing off 10 next week:D

jimandr
24th May 2008, 06:18 PM
21 points today. Right down there with the worst games I've ever played. Even my practice swings were bad. I'm really struggling at the moment.

AndyP
24th May 2008, 07:26 PM
You'll still win the matchplay though. :mrgreen:

Moe Norman
24th May 2008, 07:47 PM
First round of mid-winter medal today at BGC.

Shot 80 for net 73.

3 jabbed 7, 9 and 10 for 5 over in those 3 holes and otherwise played ok. Made one other double through some trouble in the trees.

4 Birdies
3 Pars
8 Bogeys
3 Doubles

daMANiack
24th May 2008, 08:27 PM
Hi,

My maths is OK :smt038.

Stableford Points 12 + 23 = 35pts
Off Stick 44 + 34 = 78 (Gross)
Net Score 78 - 5 = 73

As par for FHGC is 72, I was 1 worse than my handicap, therefore 36pts - 1 = 35pts

12+23=35

Fishman Dan
24th May 2008, 10:14 PM
First game for frig-knows how long. 2 months?

Par comp. Finished -2. Started 2 up through 3, turned square, had a trot of 3 minuses and finished with a plus.

Not too shabby. The minuses were atrocious, but you're allowed that after a 6 to 8 week break ;)

Courty
24th May 2008, 11:00 PM
Courty, do you know what the reasoning is behind not sending everyone off the first tee?? Do they lose to many tee times?

It is something that has been suggested several times and rejected several times. I don;t think they would lose any tee times because they could have time slots all the way from 7am to 1:30 or whatever time. They could then allow social players on the course following the comp.

The crack down on slow play seems to be working in the mornings. Our last couple of rounds have been around 4 hrs 10 which is much better than it has been.

As far as I am aware, the slow play hasn't been an issue in the mornings. It's only a late afternoon thing due to the start of the afternoon field catching up to the end of the afternoon field.

Is there anyone marshalling in the afternoons?. I think both the guys who do it in the mornings play in the afternoons dont they?

Baz (Captain) is the only one I've seen Marshalling lately.

For the record I had 38 points which will hopefully see me playing off 10 next week:D

Nice work, although I think your handicap may remain the same. With the tees forward and pins mostly accessible the course rating will be fairly low.

Moe Norman
25th May 2008, 08:08 AM
we've had a crack down on slow play at BGC which is nice.

I hit off at 11:30 yesterday which is generally regarded as one of the slowest time slots on a Saturday, often pushing 5 hours.

I played with 3 old blokes (youngest of the 3 was 72!) and we nudged around in just over 4 hours 20 minutes, which is pretty good given the company and the tee time.

3oneday
25th May 2008, 08:26 AM
Oldies do tend to spray it less.

Moe Norman
25th May 2008, 09:51 AM
my partner in the side match (83 year old 'Bernie') left driver just short of the 128m Par 3 13th.

He didn't miss a fairway all day though.

Coffs_Hacker
25th May 2008, 10:01 AM
33 pts yesterday - chiping was crap - putting was crappier - 8 1ptrs in there

8fir
5gir
37putts

Dazza
25th May 2008, 10:31 AM
Had a shocker today, couldn't hit a decent iron/hybrid shot at all.
Shot 61 for 9 holes, minus 11 handicap = 50 Nett. That included 4 balls in the drink....
Still need to re-think some shot selection, made some poor choices today.
Time to work on the irons....

Dazza
25th May 2008, 02:31 PM
My fiancee also came out for her first round today.
She has a vision impairment (Has approx 7% normal vision) and did bloody well. I give her a hand lining up her shots etc. I'll invest in a GPS for her shortly, should make it a bit easier.
Shot 71 for 9 holes, minus 18 handicap = 53 Nett.
Hits a great ball both off the tee with driver and off the deck with 3 Wood/Hybrid.
Before putting she walks from the hole back to the ball to judge her distance. Most putts were long, but ended up within a foot of the hole.

Has been playing with clubs that are an inch too long, so that'll be fixed this week ready for monthly medal next weekend.
Am very proud!

Grunt
25th May 2008, 05:46 PM
My fiancee also came out for her first round today.
She has a vision impairment (Has approx 7% normal vision) and did bloody well. I give her a hand lining up her shots etc. I'll invest in a GPS for her shortly, should make it a bit easier.
Shot 71 for 9 holes, minus 18 handicap = 53 Nett.
Hits a great ball both off the tee with driver and off the deck with 3 Wood/Hybrid.
Before putting she walks from the hole back to the ball to judge her distance. Most putts were long, but ended up within a foot of the hole.

Has been playing with clubs that are an inch too long, so that'll be fixed this week ready for monthly medal next weekend.
Am very proud!

I bet you are Dazza, I would be too. Makes my 18 handicap sound very bad though:roll:. Hope she enjoys the game as much as all of us here do.

Grunt
25th May 2008, 06:00 PM
Went down to Campbelltown this afternoon for my 1st hit with the new irons. Was not that impressed to have to play a stroke round with no idea how far I hit each club. Was shocking on the par 3's, over the back, too short, you name it I did it. Was happy with the Driver though, way better than recent games.

Had one event that really pissed me off though. We were playing with a young kid with absolutley no golf ettiquette. You name it he did it. On the 3rd hole I miss the green but chip on to give myself a chance of par, maybe 4. Before I get a chance to mark my ball he putts his into it. I was fuming. I then 3 putted to take a 7 with the 2 shot penalty for him hitting my ball. Later in the round he had a couple in a bunker only to just get out and not rake. the 3 of us in the group just looked ono in disbelief as he walked to his ball through the bunker.

99 Gross
81 Nett
8/14 fairways
2 GIR - Missed greens due to incorrect club selection.
36 Putts 4x 3 putts 4x 1 putt
3/11 Up & Downs
1/1 Sandsaves

TheNuclearOne
25th May 2008, 06:24 PM
Just won a 4 ball ambrose. We shot 10 under off the stick, bogeying the second last hole on a bloody 4 foot putt when we had sunk heaps harder all day. I am off 14, the mates off 17, 9 and 23. We played well and a good day was had by all. Our huge hitting 8 handicapper didn't hit a fairway all day so we were up against it length wise. He did however drive a par 4 and our first putter put in a very difficult 20 footer down a shelf for eagle. 55.125 net or something we had.

Fishman Dan
25th May 2008, 07:57 PM
Before I get a chance to mark my ball he putts his into it. I was fuming. I then 3 putted to take a 7 with the 2 shot penalty for him hitting my ball.

Are you sure about that?

So many ways you could have prevented any of this happening in the first place. The 3-putt is all your own doing though.

Grunt
25th May 2008, 08:00 PM
Was not sure but the others in the group said it was correct, too late to worry about it now. I could have done nothing to prevent it as I was walking from the back of the green as he hit his ball. All he could say was I thought I would have missed it.

AndyP
25th May 2008, 08:01 PM
Before I get a chance to mark my ball he putts his into it. I was fuming. I then 3 putted to take a 7 with the 2 shot penalty for him hitting my ball. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the putter of the ball get the penalty, and Grunt gets to replace his ball without penalty?

markTHEblake
25th May 2008, 08:07 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the putter of the ball get the penalty, and Grunt gets to replace his ball without penalty?

Correct.

Grant, tell the idiot that told you it is a two stroke penalty that they are an idiot.

the 3 of us in the group just looked ono in disbelief as he walked to his ball through the bunker.

Is it any surprise then that this kid has poor ettiquette?

shazza_rs
25th May 2008, 08:08 PM
Correct...

Grunt
25th May 2008, 08:10 PM
oh well there you go I was not sure. I did not have a rule book in my bag today and just went off the 2 low marker older guys, shit happens

Fishman Dan
25th May 2008, 08:18 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the putter of the ball get the penalty, and Grunt gets to replace his ball without penalty?

To add to that, isn't it a penalty for the other player only if you offer to mark/move it. If you say nothing, then play it as it lies, and replace your own ball (I assume you were paying attention to notice where it was previously).

One thing worse than players with no ettiquette - players that don't offer to teach youngsters.

And then there's people who get cranky about the rules when they clearly don't know them....

He still had nothing to do with your 3-putt!!

jaybam
25th May 2008, 08:21 PM
I would blame him for the three putt as well. If he hadnt knocked your ball away you wouldnt have been so pissed off and you would have drained the putt :) Sounds logical to me :)

Grunt
25th May 2008, 08:26 PM
Tried talking to him Dan but he was just not listening to anything anyone told him. He would hit as you were setting up and everything. Had a few temper outbursts too. He broke a leg off his stand bag with one of his many hits to the bag after a bad shot.

Fishman Dan
25th May 2008, 08:26 PM
.....shit happens

If only you pondered that very thought before rolling your first putt ;)

goonie
25th May 2008, 11:34 PM
The player putting has to ask you to mark your ball if haven't already marked it, it was not grunt's error in anyway. he gets to replace his ball with no penalty. the person putting gets a 2 shot penalty if they were on the green. if off the green a player can ask you to replace your ball and use it as a back stop if they go past the hole, Seen the Pros do this many times.

markTHEblake
25th May 2008, 11:57 PM
if off the green a player can ask you to replace your ball and use it as a back stop if they go past the hole, Seen the Pros do this many times.

Nope.

Used to be able to do this in matchplay but no more.

Virgal_Tracy
26th May 2008, 09:33 AM
On the 3rd hole I miss the green but chip on to give myself a chance of par, maybe 4. Before I get a chance to mark my ball he putts his into it. I was fuming.

Arrogant and ignorant sh*ts, including the low markers with no knowledge of the rules.

My only other comment is like AndyP is what has happened to people's maths skills. Sorry Grant but on in 3, 3 putts plus 2 stroke penalty adds to 8 for me.

3oneday
26th May 2008, 10:36 AM
Nope.

Used to be able to do this in matchplay but no more.yes that's right, you can ask people to mark but you can't ask them not to mark. Isn't that right Mark.

:lol:

Julie
28th May 2008, 08:52 AM
Russell and I travelled to Cooktown for the Cooktown Open on the weekend.

Saturday afternoon the weather was shocking, raining and very windy. I could have easily walked off the course into the bar as my umbrella was blowing inside out for about the tenth time, but I couldn't as my playing partner was having a blinder of a game in terrible conditions. I won't tell you my score:oops::oops: but my playing partner had a 58 net.:smt038:smt038